Opinion Rant About Work

CartoonFan

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
So yeah for a little background while being as vague as possible since I don't want to get into any sort of trouble; I work at a grocery store in the deli department. It should be no surprise that we are usually really busy in that department: making things, cooking, and helping customers. And of course the weekends are our busiest days with Sundays being the craziest and worse we are currently severely understaffed. Even on Sunday there are only like 3 or 4 of us during the day with the night shift only having 2 people. We need more than that, so we can take breaks and ask for time off when we need to.

But anyways, today's rant is about the people who work for Drive Up and Go. What's really been bugging me lately is how lazy some of the Drive Up and Go employees can be. Not all, but some of them especially the newer people definitely are. Why, just the other day when I was super busy with my production one of them came up to me and asked me to help them find some stuff and silly me thinking it was just one thing went and showed him where the one thing was. But then he asked me to find some other things that were outside me department and I'm just like, sorry, but I can't leave my department right now. I'm busy plus there's a line of customers and my coworkers need my help with that. Sorry, but you'll need to ask a floor associate or customer service to help you find everything else. I told him it isn't my job to hold your hand and help you find every item on your list. That's your job and I'm not getting paid to do your job for you. Plus I didn't exactly have time since I still had a lot of my production left and not long to do it. I can slice meat, cheese, get stuff from the hot table, and the cold salads for the Drive Up and Go people, but I'm not going to look all over the store for their stuff. And it's ridiculous of them to think that I should. It's not like I ask them to do my job for me, so they shouldn't expect me to do theirs. Sorry, but I'm not a doormat. End rant.

So yeah what do you guys think? Am I wrong for being so annoyed and do you think I should stop what I'm doing to help them find all of their stuff or do you agree with me?

That's not wrong at all. I remember at my last retail job I was the head cashier but they also had me do recovery and stocking , and I remember my coworkers would call me up to do the balloons despite them having other coworkers right there not ringing anyone up and them knowing I had to do like 50 boxes to shelve and clean the store ._. .

Like I totally get helping out the team but sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous so you have to assert those boundaries. And if they don't like it well 🤷‍♂️ that's their problem not yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back