Raksha Chaotic Soul Sledgehammer Question

Shadowmarch

Hello Operator?
GWM pg 186

Errata pg 87

The Errata stats that the attack supplemented by this charm "strips away of the target's all channels of a single virtue". Does anyone know what this actually means? Does it mean that if the attack is successful it strips away all of the channels of the attacked virtue, or is it just the same as the original charm in that if the attack is successful it only removes a single channel? I'm leaning much more toward the second as the first seems a bit too broken, but I wanted to know if anyone has an explanation.

Interesting. Errata's is harsher than normal... this intended boost is really scary. Sure its like Cup's capstone. Oh and its got the shaping tag so all the anti-shapers will laugh at it, and well Raksha get to find their own way to defend against that thing.

Personally thinking on it I think it was a typo and the charm only kills one virtue channel. If it killed all of the targets virtue channel's and they were a raksha they'd instantly go into bedlam and that doesn't seem right.

Also as for shaping defenses they kind of shut Raksha down no matter what, but really in most games I've been in very few people actually pick up shaping defenses.

I'd ask Holden or someone but I'm sure with 3e more on their minds than Fae-Errata which I understand they don't like either, will not get answered in a timely fashion.

I myself would agree. Typo! Reduce it to 1.

Yeah with 3e on the horizon I wouldn't want to bother them. Just surprised it took me that long to notice such a big typo. Also the reason I ask is I plan to throw it on a glamour sorcery item for Forn's game, but thank you very much for your input.

I'd say it does as stated in GWM, strips 1 Virtue channel of the raksha's choice and the victim suffers -1 external penalty on all rolls made for that Virtue for one scene, or one tale if used via a Cup-shaping attack.

Like you say, its completely broken otherwise.

Yeah. I just wanted some clarification for my character since he has it built into one of his Oneriomancy artifacts. Didn't want any issues to come up with it after the game starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back