Rachel Roth (Raven)

Becca's Bliss

Gamma-fied Glory
Name: Rachel Roth

Alias: Raven

Sexuality: Heteroromantic Demisexual (at least from what I can tell; there was a time in the comics where she forced Starfire to kiss her, but she was evil and I'm not sure what Earth it was from)

Powers:

-Darkness/Shadows Control: Raven has the power to create and control the element of pure Darkness and shadows and bend it to her will; usually using it in conjunction with her telekinesis.

-Soul-Self/Astral Projection: The basis of almost all of Raven's powers are derived from her soul-self. She is able to project her own spirit from her body into a ghostly form, using it to interact with the physical world, affect others mentally, and to traverse through time-space. Her soul-self takes the form of a double of her own body, or more commonly, a large black raven. She is capable of changing it's shape and mass at will, and can alter her own appearance with her soul-self, like increasing her size or making her face hideous. [12] She is able to project her soul-self into the minds of others to communicate, facilitate calm or to force people into submission with a devastating mental attack. Though normally composed of energy that is colored black, Raven's soul-self can change color depending on her emotional state, manifesting as red [13] or white.

-Advanced Telekinesis: Raven can merge a small part of her soul-self into objects in order to take control of them, with the object essentially becoming an extension of her soul-self ;[14] this may be the reason why she prefers to take control of inanimate objects rather than people. The limit to how much matter she is able to control is unknown, though it ranges well into hundreds of tons, allowing her to hurl city buses, mounds of rubble or even uprooting whole slabs of pavement. Whenever she takes control of something, it is covered in the same dark energy that composes her soul-self.

-Telekinetic Constructs: With her soul-self able to be molded into any shape, Raven often creates simple domes or walls that acts as barriers against attack. She can project solid bolts to be used as projectiles, or a steady stream of solid force. She has been shown making razor sharp blades[15] to cut through obstacles, claws that can restrain foes, and floating platforms to ride on.

-Telekinetic Force-Fields: She can erect unusually strong shields of sheer telekinetic and dark energy around herself and others for protection.

-Telekinetic Teleportation: In conjunction with her telekinesis, Raven's soul-self is able to envelop her (along with at least four other people) and travel to other dimensions, primarily Azarath. She can use this technique to travel vast distances on Earth, or to teleport by momentarily displacing herself and then re-appearing in another location. She can pass through walls and obstacles by simply teleporting past them, giving the illusion of intangibility. At times, Raven has been shown creating portals with her dark energy in order to travel, rather than utilizing her soul-self.

-Empathy: The psionic ability to sense the emotions of others, allowing her to gain insight into their thoughts and intentions, and even experience their own feelings. This also enables her to sense the mental state of others, as she has stated that she would know if someone's mind had been tampered with. [16] Raven can absorb the pain of others into her own body in order to induce rapid healing for them,[17] and can heal herself by going into a trance of emotional calm. She can receive precognitive flashes of the future when exposed to extreme emotion.[18] By using her empathy to guide her, she can track others with her soul-self. At one point, she had used this ability to empathically enter Robin's subconscious mind; therefore giving the two an unusually strong physic link afterwards.

-Levitation: Raven can levitate off the ground and hover, without visible projection of her dark energy as is shown when she utilizes telekinesis. Her power is also sufficient to enable her to counter the gravitational pull of other planets.

Appearance with costume:
zinthos_by_ceshira-d5e101j.jpg

Tools, weapons or vehicles: She owns many books and magical artifacts, but that's it.

Bio: Arella, Raven's mother, was chosen to become the bride of the demonic Trigon. Abandoned by the demon rather than her becoming his queen, Arella was bent on suicide (while carrying Raven) when she was taken in by the pacifistic disciples of Temple Azarath, a group who had centuries earlier forsaken life on Earth to pursue their own nonviolent lifestyle.

In their inter-dimensional world, Raven, Arella's daughter by Trigon, was born. Fearing that the child would bring evil among them, Juris, a magistrate of Azarath, attempted to cast the infant Raven into Limbo, only to be destroyed himself. Azar, the spiritual leader of the temple, then took the young Raven under her personal tutelage, instructing her in the truth of her parentage, and in pacifism, meditation, and the submergence of her emotions to resist Trigon's influence, while perfecting her powers of teleportation, astral projection, and empathic healing.

Later, after Azar's death (in which she entered another plane of existence), when Raven was plagued by prophetic dreams of Trigon and, defying her teachers, she confronted her demon father in Limbo at his bidding. Trigon spared her and Arella after satisfying himself that, upon his return when she reached adulthood, he could trick Raven into becoming his ally. A few weeks ago, she sensed Trigon's power returning and fled to Earth.

(It's hard for me to describe her personality, but I can try if you want me to.)

@Hell-JumperRaven's usually around the same age as Beast Boy no matter what the source is. I would like to make her a little older, but since Beast Boy was 8 at the beginning of season 1, I didn't want to push it by more than a year 

If I can interject, you can push her age.  This RP takes place after the events of season 2, at which point BB was 13.

After season one, I'm only bringing us into this Year at the end of Season one because it's a little easier to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back