• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Races I've designed for my Future rp.

When you rp a fantasy, should it, or should it not have humans? Why?

• yes, there should be humans.

• no, there should not.

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhajaki

Kobra lover
I drew em out by hand first, then fixed em up on Paint.
upload_2017-8-26_14-51-53-png.346489

I like what you have so far! What models did you use for the "Szenzlin" concepts?
I designed them based on poison dart frogs. Also the tails are derived from eels. Their skin produces a toxic hallucinogen that takes a week or so to kill. These are just two examples of the patterns their skin comes in.

There should be humans because while there are many alien races, A human race or a human like race will undoubtly eventually appear.

Doesn't have to be humans but very human like atleast.

And what is its programming? I just thought the head looked vaguely like a bug's.
The SIBIX's base programming allows it to learn from it's environment and react to it's environment. It's name is a misnomer. It was not designed by its inventor to be a servant, but to grow and develop. However, the Hulvrins (A race I am still working on creating an image for) saw this machine as a replacement for their slaves--which at the time had been the Kalkuun.
SIBIX can fill any role as needed, be it an engineer, soldier, builder, etc. and can be fitted with different parts depending on the job they want to do. SIBIX have both day and night vision and can translate any language they hear.

At some point however, the SIBIX rebelled. This started all out war. The Kalkuun split into two separate groups, one side joined the Hulvrins against the SIBIX, while the other joined the SIBIX against the Hulvrins. The SIBIX won the war and separated themselves from the Hulvrin republic of Krimbok. Those Kalkuun who aided the Hulvrins were recognized by now as more than simply intelligent animals and, though segregated and placed in the low caste of society, had a better place than they had before. Those Kalkuun who left with the SIBIX had it better off than those who stayed behind and were considered equals regardless of how advanced the SIBIX were.

Last edited:
I feel as if humans are used enough. They've become a cliché to me. the same applies to common fantasy. I've seen enough variants of trolls, goblins, elves, orcs, hippogriffs, unicorns and so on. I want something entirely new. Something fresh that hasn't been tried before. I want to see someone take up the task of providing a world no one has seen before with races nobody has heard of. Without the centuries old concepts--including humans. So far I have found nothing like that, so I've taken it upon myself to fulfill this task as best I can instead of waiting around for someone else to do it.
There should be humans because while there are many alien races, A human race or a human like race will undoubtly eventually appear.

Doesn't have to be humans but very human like atleast.

These look humanoid mostly. I don't think it's entirely divorced from the realm of science fiction that believes human shaped organisms/humans are the only ones that can thrive enough to become technologically advanced. It is nice that you're researching for real world inspiration though. Not too many people make that effort.

Something I would always keep in mind is to always know what kind of environment these species came from. What led to them being the way they are physically. No two planets will be the same, so the way the game of Darwinism played out will always obviously have a completely different roster of players struggling for dominance and an eventual winner. I suppose alien species different from Earth's could in theory fit into a specific category of animal or insect possibly. So they won't be unusual enough to be completely different from life we've already seen.

Although this is science fiction we're talking about so logic doesn't have to be followed at all for art/stories to be amazing. So the relevance of what I'm saying depends on whether you're going the more hard science fiction route that's kind've realistic or the cool science fiction route that probably wouldn't be remotely possible in reality.

These look humanoid mostly. I don't think it's entirely divorced from the realm of science fiction that believes human shaped organisms/humans are the only ones that can thrive enough to become technologically advanced. It is nice that you're researching for real world inspiration though. Not too many people make that effort.

Something I would always keep in mind is to always know what kind of environment these species came from. What led to them being the way they are physically. No two planets will be the same, so the way the game of Darwinism played out will always obviously have a completely different roster of players struggling for dominance and an eventual winner. I suppose alien species different from Earth's could in theory fit into a specific category of animal or insect possibly. So they won't be unusual enough to be completely different from life we've already seen.

Although this is science fiction we're talking about so logic doesn't have to be followed at all for art/stories to be amazing. So the relevance of what I'm saying depends on whether you're going the more hard science fiction route that's kind've realistic or the cool science fiction route that probably wouldn't be remotely possible in reality.
I like your feedback. Honestly, though, I am working with a fantasy setting with sci fi elements mixed in. I've put three years into this project and am finally making it a reality. I figure if I work at it, I'll come up with something good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back