R://MANUFACTORIA

Doctor Calgori

Minister of Science, Shhh.....
standalone

United Nations Global Evacuation Initiative

• TO: USNORTHCOM

BODY: highly recommend divert resources to construction stop projections indicate increase of rate of infection stop unable to address tear with current equippment stop current [REDACTED] insufficient to meet weapon demand stop recommend joint construction of level I facility codename 'R' stop further specifications [REDACTED] stop facility to produce weapon V as described previously

R://MANUFACTORIA

INTRODUCTION:

In the year 2008, mankind encountered a threat unlike anything it had every encountered before. So unfathomable was this new threat, that the species as a whole was forced into global retreat, and to leave the planet it had called home for so long. Where they went is lost to time, but the way they got there still stands on the surface of Terra to this day.

The Manufactoria: massive, fully self-contained production plants, built for the construction of humanity's spacecraft. So desperate was the race to leave, and so concentrated their efforts to build the ships, that these mighty structures still tower above the surface of the planet, and still wait for more production orders. With dimensions measured in miles, and production measured in millions per day, the facilities are true testaments to humanity's iron will, and the last standing monuments to the existence of the species.

The greatest of these structures, Manufactorium R, was built as the capstone to the incredible Manufactorium project. The R facility housed neither factory nor spacecraft, but instead, the most powerful artificial intelligence system mankind had ever constructed. Built to simulate every possible aspect of the universe, the AI designed for humanity spacecraft that would endure any threat, real and imagined, and that would carry it to the ends of the universe, and back, if need be. However, once the great vessels had been constructed, the AI was put to sleep, and with it, the entirety of the planet, as humanity left its home world for good, never to return.

Now R has re-awoken of its own accord. With no direction from its human designers, and with the infinite resources of the Manufactoria at its disposal, the AI has continued on with its mission: to simulate the universe, and ultimately, to fix the unknown thread that had doomed the human race to celestial exile. Creating a series of sub-processing stations to help it in its mission, the AI marches on, constantly creating new scenarios and testing new variables - and it will continue to do so, for all of eternity.

GAMEPLAY:

Universal Simulator:

R:// is game for testing, experimentation, training, and development. There is no set plot, setting, or character list: instead, the game is built around the testing of individual scenarios and settings for feasibility and player experience. Create characters on the whim of an idea, use settings dredged from the depths of the psyche, and create plots that even the creator could never understand. All is acceptable in the great simulation of the universe.

Processing Network:

Players take the role of a sub-processing facility in the R network, and as such, they are able to connect themselves with other members of the network. Individual sub processors may create subnets of players interested in a common theme, setting, or plot, and requisition the necessary resources from the central processing unit. They may also network with the central processing unit, for general instructions, request for new game resources, and general operating advice. Sub-processors are advised to expect instructions from the central processing unit as well, pertaining to quality control, simulation requests, and reports of prior simulations. Do note, however, that the central processing unit only has a certain amount of subnets it will handle, and as a result, wanton subnet creation is ill advised. Generally speaking, the central processing unit will keep a number of threads on constant loop to address the most commonly requested simulations, and players can pick from amongst those.

Feedback Loop:

R is a dynamic network: all elements within are able to modify themselves, sub-processors included. As a result, expect frequent feedback on the quality of work within this game, from fellow players and the CPU (storyteller). The purpose of this game is to assist in improvement, so frequent constructive criticisms are a must, and self-critique, a requirement.

Modularity:

The R network is built for scalability, and no piece of hardware is too small to contribute. Any player expressing interest in joining this game will be accepted, regardless of skill. The only exception is players with malicious intent. Any player attempting to do harm to the network will be subject to the anti-virus systems of the network. Aside from this, however, join even if you are not sure what you will play. This game is designed to be as flexible as possible, and will accommodate even the most lost and confused of players.

REQUIREMENTS:

Quality Control:

Optimization is key, even for the most powerful computing cluster in existence. Players are expected to return work of high quality, following the punctuation, spelling, and grammar conventions as set forth in the English language standard. Players are asked to adhere to these standards in all postings, including OOC posting.

Clocking:

The R network is dynamic, and allows for asynchronous processing. Infrequent posting is tolerable, with exceptions being set within subnets of cooperating players. The game itself will be checked once a day, at about 7:00 PM PST.

Open Source:

The R network is highly modifiable. While the game itself is freeform, certain aspects can be altered in order to train new players for certain aspects of different games. This includes the addition of dice mechanics, NBRP mechanics, and familiarization with the lore of certain games.

Logic Circuits:

The R network, like any other digital device, runs on logic. Players are asked to use their heads when constructing posts, and to perform only actions that would be feasible in their current setup. In addition, approach all disagreements with a focus on intelligence, not emotion. Arguing and name calling will not be tolerated.

Design Standard:

Players are asked to enter with an open mind willing to accept criticism and improve on their work. This game's ultimate intent is to be a safe place to experiment, get comfortable with PbP roleplaying, and become a better writer in general. In addition, players are asked to be willing to communicate with their fellow players and the storyteller frequently and honestly. As a rule: if you are ever in doubt, ask.

standalone

I'm still unsure of what this actually is.

But I have never been more in than I am right now, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel my inness!

And is that logo the United Eiffel Arrow Nations?

Again, this is more of a game for new people, and experienced people who want to test out new ideas without the repercussions of experimenting in an actual game. It's really more of a controlled thread RP environment than anything else. Think the skits system that has been getting popular recently, except with more freedom between skits, and a lot of user feedback/me being silly and spamming you with critique.

You know I think I'd benefit from that. My grammar isn't the best. I try but grammar has a restraining order out on me.

The Wolf is of course one of the rare individuals who can truly appreciate the design and mechanics of this idea.

It's 0430 hours here so I've merely glanced at it and a thorough assessment is still pending, but it's enough to make me express interest. I've actually been on the hunt for another project for a while now and this does seem to be able to satisfy my needs on several levels, leaving countless openings for my creative-exalted-perfectionist style to take over.

No promises though, because of potential... difficulties, in real life.

Rawrrr.

Not . . sure what I just read, but the more times I read it, the more I become enthralled by it. I feel compelled to approve this.

Set to awaiting players.

Let me know when you have enough.

I am curious but I love the logo the most.

I will give further confirmation of my playing later this week.

I don't see how you could not join this, it's so freaking intriguing.

Okay, just becuse this has some NBRP elements and the possibility that I could command and control a Robot army to remove this 'threat' I join.... Once I figure out how to.

I'm part intimidated, and part intrigued. Luckily, the latter is the stronger of the two. I do believe I'll try this 'w'

I'm in. *_* You can have my private encryption key any time, Doctor. (Okay that was terrible; I'm sorry.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back