• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic 「 R E A P E R 」

We know that Beatrice will do her job, as always - so let's bring her. And add Helene to the list as well - her instincts will be needed.

New Orders IX
「 R E A P E R 」

"Any questions?", you asked. None of them answered, which only means that they had none. After all, from the time you've all been together, none of these people were hesitant in voicing their opinions. "Very well."

You turned pressed a button on one of the devices, and the projected screen on the whiteboard disappeared after a second. Then, you turned your gaze back to them.

"Lichendorff. Bjerg. Beatrice.", you called to them. "You're coming with me to Russia. Pack up your things, we leave by tomorrow evening."

The two nodded, and Beatriced pointed towards you with her finger gun. Calvin, on the other hand, looked at you, as if asking what he was to do.

"You'll be supporting us from here, Merrill."

"Understood, captain.", the big man responded with a gentle nod.

"That is all. Dismissed.", you marked the end of the briefing.

Helene was the first to stand and leave, then Ardon. Beatrice continued to bother you for a short moment before she finally left to get ready. Calvin decided to stay, saying that he wanted to be familiarized with Ardon's gadgets in the building.

You took a deep breath, and sat down on the sofa. You drew your phone from your pocket, and opened a file entitled 'Mission77_Prep'.

In it, is a list of several tasks that will help the mission to run as smooth as possible. And while you have enough time to accomplish them all, there's no knowing there'll be no complications in doing any of them.

WHICH ONE WILL YOU PRIORITIZE?

[1] Arrange transportation.
[2] Obtain more info on the mission.
[3] Prepare your things.
[4] <<ALTERNATIVE>> Request the higher ups in [DATA REDACTED] to do all the prep work and hope it's done accordingly.

vRH here.

Sorry it took a while everyone. Got sick and had to take a short rest. But I'm good now, don't worry.

No worries - glad to hear that you're feeling better now, though!

Think I'll go with [3] - let's get that out of the way, should be the least time-consuming part.

That’s okay , I can be patient! You should take care of yourself first!

I’d also agree with [3] , as good preparation of equipment is both key and the easiest thing to do for now. The latter two items can come later after we have our vital equipment ready.

New Orders X
「 R E A P E R 」

You decided to prioritize preparing your things first. It won't take long enough, you might as well do it now.

So, you rose from your seat. Before you left the building, you tapped Merrill on the shoulder, and told him to lock the place up when he's done. He responds with an affirmative nod. Once that was done, you were off.

You rode a cab back to your current residence. It was a simple, two-story house, somewhere near the city outskirts - not too blended in the crowds, but not too isolated either. You only bought it to serve its purpose after all, should there be any changes that would force you to leave it and change location, you'd do it without hesitation.

Inside the house, you wasted no time. You immediately packed up your necessities in an ordinary briefcase, and closed it. The necessities were done, but your gear was next.

You grabbed another briefcase from under the bed - this time, it was decorated with a bunch of stickers. Well, they were more of tiny badges and emblem, rather than stickers. You opened it, and inside were your equipment - a bulletproof vest, some communication devices, a set of plain but purposeful clothing, and some weapons - the ones you've been using since you got placed in team REAPER.

WHAT IS YOUR PRIMARY WEAPON?

[1] An assault rifle - balanced, and easily adaptable. It has a consistent performance, but nothing makes it shine too much.

[2] A sniper rifle - powerful, but difficult. It can easily bring devastation from afar, but finds big difficulty on shorter ranges.

[3] A sub machine gun - raw firepower, though difficult to control. The inconsistency of its aim and spread tend to be a hindrance on prolonged fights.

[4] A shotgun - strong, but slow. Shines the most on close range fights, but once the target gets further, you might as well use a secondary.

WHAT IS YOUR SECONDARY WEAPON?

[1] A handgun - while it doesn't have the same impact as a primary weapon, it can serve the same purpose if used correctly.

[2] A dagger - a staple in close range fights, capable to rending flesh and piercing through leather.

[3] A baton - unlike the former, it can't incise, but can definitely give some blunt force and trauma.

[4] A stun gun - mainly used to restrain and tranquilize targets, but aside from that, it doesn't get much use.

[5] None - you don't use any secondaries.

[2] A sniper rifle - powerful, but difficult. It can easily bring devastation from afar, but finds big difficulty on shorter ranges.
-
[2] A dagger - a staple in close range fights, capable to rending flesh and piercing through leather.

Ugh , this is a difficult choice for some reason. I would say it depends on what our fellow operators use , but as we don’t know that I’d say..

[1] , as it’s good to be balanced and adaptable being that we’re team lead , and

[2] a dagger , as that’s typically very good to penetrate gaps in armor in close quarters that a baton or what not is unable to do.

Hey ya~

Not as exciting as fighting in the thick of battle, but it seems fitting for a leader who watchs over the team, and it's freaking cool too.

[3] sub-machine gun. Recoil doesn't matter if the first shot hits. If it doesn't, you're better off firing the next twenty bullets in roughly the same direction.

[2] dagger. Seems like we all agree on this one. Stab 'em with the pointy end.

New Orders XI
「 R E A P E R 」

In there was a sniper rifle, disassembled into three separate parts to fit the briefcase. You can easily reassemble it when the time for its use arrives, as you have done so many times now. Beside these parts, was a dagger, sheathed within a dark, leather scabbard - it was your sidearm, a trusty tool you've used in close combat.

You closed the briefcase shortly after inspecting its contents, and placed it beside the other one that contained your ordinary necessities.

And thus, your preparation was done. Granted, it took a few minutes or so, but you didn't even break a sweat in doing it.

You turned your gaze towards the wall clock. There's still plenty of time to do everything.

WHAT WILL YOU DO NEXT?

[1] Arrange transportation.
[3] <<ALTERNATIVE>> Request the higher ups in [DATA REDACTED] to do the prep work and hope it's done accordingly.

[2] Think we'd better find out more first - might be important for the way we want to get there. If we need to bring a tank, booking four seats in the business class won't do.

New Orders XII
「 R E A P E R 」

Now that you're finished with the preparations of your things, you decided to try if you can obtain more details about the mission. It's not that you don't trust your team, or don't trust the higher-ups, you just know that things would run smoother if you had more info.

Granted, you've done missions with way less info before and came out on top, but you simply couldn't shake off the urge to do it. Your thoughts were on that as you brought the two briefcases near the front door, and dropped them down on the ground.

Then, you took your phone, and opened it. After tapping a few buttons, a list of contacts showed up on the screen, and after yet another set of pressed buttons, the list was trimmed down to a few entries.

These were your contacts for information.

With your mind set on getting more insight on the mission, you decided to call one of them.

WHO WILL YOU CALL?

[1] Douglas Fields - An old friend. A really old one. His long life has been prolonged by various bionic projects he had gotten access to from his service in the old days. He has always guaranteed results, though it takes quite a while for him to fetch it for you.

[2] Pertra Holland - A colleague of yours, back when you worked for [DATA REDACTED]. She's very professional and is steadily rising to the top ranks. She gives you good results, but her schedule has a tendency of becoming a hindrance to aiding you.

[3] The Nameless - An acquaintance you have not yet met in person. He is said to be working for a secret organization. His results are always super detailed, but he rarely answers back.

[4] Lucas Hartmann - Your current superior. He's very tactful opportunist, always asking for a return when doing favors. He'll bring you what you need, but for a price.

[1] D. Fields - might take a while longer, but we'll get something out of it for sure.

[1] Douglas Fields - An old friend. A really old one. His long life has been prolonged by various bionic projects he had gotten access to from his service in the old days. He has always guaranteed results, though it takes quite a while for him to fetch it for you.

[2] Pertra Holland - A colleague of yours, back when you worked for [DATA REDACTED]. She's very professional and is steadily rising to the top ranks. She gives you good results, but her schedule has a tendency of becoming a hindrance to aiding you.
Sounds like someone we can trust.

Hm. I didn't expect a tie on this one. I'll be waiting for a tiebreaker vote until tomorrow. If by then we're still tied, I'll roll for the winning vote.

New Orders - XIII
「 R E A P E R 」

You decided to call Petra Holland. You pressed her name, and then the call button that followed after. The phone ringed for about a few minutes, until you hear it getting picked up.

"Mari.", the voice of a female spoke through it. "It's been a while."

"It has been, indeed, Holland.", you responded.

"What is it this time?", Petra asked.

"Hm?"

"You don't call for no reason."

"I called you to chat with me."

"You and I both know we don't have time for that.", Petra softly chuckled. "And if we did, we'd rather spend it on something more constructive."

"That is true.", a small smile formed on your face for a short moment.

"So?", she asked once more. "What is it?"

"Yes.", you "I need some more info on a mission I've got."

"You got a code for it?"

"Yes. It's 242-809-077."

"Got it. When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"I see.", she paused for a second or two. You could hear voices in the background calling for Petra. "It might take a while for me to bring it to you, but I'll try to get done with it as soon as possible."

"Understood.", you responded. "Thanks, Holland."

"I'm gonna add this to my pile of unclaimed favors."

You chuckled softy. "You can claim them anytime."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Alright. I have to go, there's still quite a lot for me to prep for."

"Likewise. See you when I see you."

The call was finally dropped. Though you will have to wait for Petra's results, that matter should count as resolved for now. What's left was arranging your team's transportation.

Fortunately, you have a few ideas ready.

[1] Travel by ship. Takes a while, but cheap.
[2] Travel by public plane. A bit faster than by naval travel, though it might be quite conspicuous for your team.
[3] Travel by private plane. Very costly, but more discreet compared to the former options.
[4] Military drop-off. Requires the usage of favors and connections, but most efficient.

[1] Don't think we're in too much of a rush - let's use the additional time for a bit of team-building.

Agreed - [1] seems to be the best choice as we don’t need Rush delivery , plus , it also gives more time for Holland to get back to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back