Story Quinqly

Jhade

That one person who needs no help unless its cooki
There was a story that one of my friends told me. It started like this………

Prologue:

Every ten thousand years, Satan, Lucifer, and a demon named Quinqly gather thousands dangerous humans to compete in a tournament. The reason for it is to decide who would be the four horsemen when the Rapture will occur. The people are chosen by random demons. But there is said to be a group of people destined to change the rules, the leader of that group is said to be immensely powerful, sporting the symbol of the praying mantis, and uses deadly scythes that are enchanted to never be able to dull or be worn, forever sharp. The second in command, should the leader have befallen ill, has a dead accuracy with a bow and arrow, and a deft hand at poisons. The bodyguard is said to be as strong as the leader, but only the leader is to confront Satan and Lucifer. Then there’s the apprentice, nowhere near the power level of any of them. This quad will save this world, and the next. But anybody who believes that this could happen is killed by Quinqly, as to try to keep the legend under wraps. After ten years of chasing the trail of where it started, he finally gave up. But If anyone mentions the legend near him, though, he immediately has them executed.

That’s the end of that story. But the story that decides the end of the world starts…… now.

Chapter One: Filled with Uncertainty

Hi, I’m Ayami Matsuko. I live in Spotsylvania, Virginia. My best friends are Patrick, Ajay (I know, he spells it weird), Cat, and Matthew. They make jokes, but they’re good people. Matthew and Ajay are not related, but they act like it sometimes. Ajay and I are the same age, seventeen. I moved here to Virginia with my mom, dad, and Ajay who is also my adopted brother. My Dad moved from Japan , to America, where he and my mom met and where i was born, to here where we adopted Ajay when he and I were 12. Ever since then, we made connections and friends all over the place. About a year later, we met Matthew and Patrick. And we met Cat through Ajay. But enough about our personal stuff, lets get on with the story.

“Hey, Aya! Wait up!” Ajay called from down the hall. Second period just ended, and we were going to lunch.

“We still on for C.A.H. after school? The squad is coming over.” Ajay said when he caught up.

“No, I have study hall after school.” I said, getting into the line for lunch. It was Friday, so I could get seconds on pizza. As I pile up the food on my plate, a kid
steps in front of me, and starts to take some pizza.

“Excuse me!” I say. But he doesn’t answer. Instead, he turns his lumbering body towards the lunch-lady to pay.

"Mom and Dad are gonna kill you. You know that, right? I mean, come on! You got into a fight!” He said walking to our lunch table.

“It’s a great day today, isn't it?” Matthew said, chipper as usual.

“No.” I say,”I have to go home to tell my parents I got in a fight today.”

“And does that mean you’re gonna not be able to make it to the game tonight?”
I chuck my empty milk carton at him.
“Hello, class,” My substitute teacher says.”My name is Mr. B, your substitute teacher. Your regular teacher, Mr Letkiewicz, is not here today, so I will be teaching your English class. Now, open your Novels up to page 150, and start reading by yourselves. While you all are doing that, Miss Matsuko, may I speak to you in the hallway, please?” He gesures towards the door. A chill goes down my spine, but I reluctently get up out of my chair, and walk out the door with the teacher. He takes me to a neighboring classroom, where he shuts the door behind us as we walk in. I hear the scraping of metal, turn around, and everything goes……well, it goes weird. He’s walking towards me, with something in his hands. I don’t know what it is. It’s a large staff, with a spike on the end, and, no, it’s not a scythe. It’s like a scythe, but the blade is a pike (large, pointed, metal cone). He raises his Pithe, and he brings it down on me as I close my eyes, bracing for death. But, as i’m being dramatic, I hear a metal hitting metal noise. I open my eyes to see a someone standing in front of me, blocking the Pithe with two slightly green, slightly red daggers. His mask is like the face of a praying mantis. It is green with red eyes, and red war paint all over it. The looks back at me, opens his mask, and I see someone who i never thought would be protecting me.

“Oi, girly.” The brute from the lunch line said. “Get out of ‘ere while I take care of Mr. Teacha” he said in an accent I could only place as northern english. So, i try to run, but as i’m getting to the door, something steps out of the shadows and blocks my path. It was too big to be human, but the way it carried itself was the most disturbing thing i had ever seen. It seemed to walk with a bob in it’s step, almost cocky. Like it knew that it no longer needed to hunt. Like it was just cornering it’s prey, ready to start feeding. It’s eyes were human, but had a hunger the likes of which i had only seen once before, but I can’t remember where. The bull of a man was blocking my path with his considerably large chest facing me. A Malador was coming off of him so strongly, i swear i could see the fumes like a vapor around his head. The smog that came off this man smelled like a thirty year-old rotting carcass, that beetles lived and died in, and was sprayed on by a bunch of skunks. It was the most vile thing that my nose had the displeasure of smelling. As the fetorous man stood in front of me, breathing his odorous stench, he started to speak.

“You will come with us, Ayamai Matsuko, or there will be repercussions.” the beheamoth said with eyes glaring, stench as strong as ever. As the giant reaches for me, someone/thing practically materialized out of shadow, and then he was holding a dismembered arm. I then hear a wail emanate from the monsters mouth, a cry that could reduce mountains to rubble. I look back at the man, and notice he is down one arm. No blood comes out of the wound, but I notice black dots moving out of the wound. It took me a second to realize that it wasn’t dots, but in fact, small spiders! This man has insects for blood? I start to feel woozy. I’m not arachnophobic, but when the spiders come directly from someone’s blood vessels, it would make vultures fly away screaming. Clutching my stomach, I then turn away, hand over my mouth, trying not to vomit. But, before my stomach decides whether to erupt or not, someone puts their hand on my shoulder. I lash out, only to have my punch blocked.

“Is that how you treat your savior?” I hear a familiar-yet slightly metallic-voice say. I turn my head to see who it was, but no one was there. As I am wondering who was there, something collides into me at a force that makes me launch towards the adjacent wall. I hear something in me give out with a crunch. For some reason or another, I don't feel anything. I’m laying on the floor, winded, and something loomed over me. I close my eyes, and await for death………huh? I’m not dead? I can't open my eyes, so I sit there until I realize that my eyes ARE open, the room is just pitch black. I sit up and look around. At the opposite end of the room, there were glowing symbols, etched into the wall.

As the symbol fades, the floor falls away to reveal nothing. Gravity takes hold immediately, and i’m falling. It feels like forever, but when i make contact with the floor, i don’t feel the impact. I’m jarred and seeing double, but at least i am alive and be able to see. I look up, see the hatch slowly closing, and realize something. I had fallen what seems to be a couple hundred feet, but with no injury! I mean, i felt a little concussed, but otherwise, okay. I glance around, and see that i’m back in the fray, the figure is still looming over me, although it’s slowed down. The scythe is going downward, but like its going through syrup. I look around and realize that the other big guy is going slow, but my rescuers are just chillin. I move out of the way of the scythe’s path and walk over to them.
“Are you actually keeping up with us?” the shorter of the two ask me.

“What do you mean?” I ask him. He takes a coin out of his pocket and throws it at my face. I flinch and then realize, its slowly floating over to me. They grab my hands and pull me away from it as it gets close to the wall. As it touches, the wall starts to fall away and the coin is gets embedded. I look back at them to see them slowing down.

“You might want to slow down, or you could become unconscious on re-entry.” He says.
“I don't know how to do that! I don’t even know how i’m doing this!” I exclaim, getting scared at the thought of losing consciousness near these guys. The taller one walks over to me, speeding back up. “Do you remember the symbols that were glowing on the wall? When you lost consciousness the first time? What were they?” He asks me. I look back in my mind, and bring them back. Not very hard to do seeing how they are burned in the back of my eyelids. I take a marker out of my pocket and draw them out on the floor. The shorter one looks quickly up at the other one. They stare at each other for quite a while, then the taller one looks at me.
“Are you joking about this?” He asked, voice wavering. I shake my head. He sighs and starts to take off his mask. It falls to the floor and I stare in shock. Under the mask is……

Chapter Two: Treachery is Afoot

"AJAY!?" Ayami says right before passing out. Before she hits the floor, Shadow moves to catch her. She falls into his arms, and he lowers her to the floor. Her eyes don't stop moving underneath her eyelids. "Is she okay?" I ask. Shadow feels her pulse, then reaches his hand out, but not quite touching her. "She's stable, but we need to get her out of here. Time is going back to normal, and we need to go."

"Alright, let's get going. I'm going to call our mom and dad, and tell them to meet us at the hospital when we slow down." I pull out my phone as Shadow picks Ayami up. The three of us walk towards the door, and as i pass by the "Teacher" and his friend, i make sure that as soon as they're able to, they black out from the pain.

We leave the building, just as time is slowing down. I hear a howl of pain emanating from inside the school. 'Hmmm.... only one?' I think to myself. I shudder, a feeling of dread gnawing at my innards like a squirrel who got caught in a trap. "GET HER OUTTA HERE!!" I yell at Shadow, and he's gone in an instant. I pull out my twin daggers and turn around, catching the blade of the giant ax that was to be brought down onto my head. I push back against the Ax to try to repel it out of immediate danger. I manage to roll away when a hammer is brought down, aiming again for my head.

"Really? An ax and sledge? Could you get anymore cliché villain?" I say, my emerald green mantis mask sliding onto my face, and my knives extending into curved blades, about three feet long, chrome green. " And could you stop aiming for the head??"

I bring my sword in an upward slash, splitting him in half. As the two pieces fell, spiders and centipedes crawled out of his veins. A vile smell reached my nose, making me gag and almost vomit.

"You like the smell?" the ogre-man says sarcastically, as the spiders use their webs to stitch him back together. "It's emanating from my core. If you were any closer, you might've died." He says, reaching his arm into his stomach, and pulls out a small orb, about the size of my head, which is like a golf ball in his hands. I launch myself at the man, daggers ready to pierce the orb. Only, as i grew near, the stench became so rotten, i actually threw up. My mask retreated back as i held my stomach and spewed everywhere. The odor permeating the air was suffocating. i tried to get a deep breath, but instead, my stomach twisted and i retch everywhere. “Huh…” I think to myself. “I don’t remember eating that…” The man puts the orb back into himself and grabbed my throat, lifting me into the air.

"After i kill you, i'm going to kill the other boy, slowly, painfully. I cant kill the girl, so i need to savour killing him." The man crushing my windpipe says, squeezing harder and harder. Then, with a *pop*, the world went dark.

Chapter 3- The Other Side {Ayami's POV}

From the small window of the small and poorly lit dungeon that one person took me to, I could see them drag a body over to a pile of other bodies, it's neck at a weird angle. They threw it on top, only for it to roll down, it's face seared into my eyes after it stopped.
"A-ajay?" My voice and hands shaking violently. A shadow moves, and i would've jumped scared if my nerves weren't shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back