• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Questionable Morals

Twisted huffed a heavy sigh, bringing his index finger and thumb to his temples, clamping his forehead in a precise grip of frustration. His hand moved downwards, pulling on his face in tandem, before coming to a brief stop near the ground, his elbow now resting hung on his knee. He stood up, and made his way over to the closet. He sat down on the ledge, and leaned backwards, seeming almost contemplative. He reached backwards, and grabbed a crystal finger; he cleared his throat, in order to capture Paige's attention. He held the finger theatrically, in plain view for Paige and himself to see, far above his head, and stretched away from his center. He looked to Paige, and said "Are you stupid? Do you lack the cognition to deduct the answer to a question like that?" in a sneering tone. He rotated the finger around slightly, like an item on display.

"No, these are not the tests I will be running on you" he continued. "If you'll recall - or if you were even listening -, I said that the reactant was for use on something expendable". As Twisted spoke the last word in emphasis, he grabbed the finger more firmly in a simple motion, and proceeded to crush it in his fist. Soon after, upon opening his hand, all that was left of the crystallized appendage, was a descending cloud of yellow dust, mixing into the yellow dust already on many of the surfaces in the room.

He let a moment of silence pass, as each particle - each, once a small component to a greater structure - fell to the ground, slowly, and soundlessly. After what may have seemed like an eternity, Alexander leaned back forward. "You are not an expendable piece. You are much more useful to me as you are now, than as a pile of Monochromate, Chromium Trihidroxide, and Cobalt ammine" waving his hand around, in reference to all the yellow dust particles that surrounded them.

Paige looked up when he gave a huffed sigh and then looked down again slightly flinching at his insult. She didn't look back up while she listened to him talk. ' Expendable? Albert ' She thought, although she already figured the doctor had killed Albert instead of paying him. It was an odd thing though, a lifetime being told she was replaceable made her come to the conclusion she was expendable. It was a strange relief to know that she wasn't considered Expendable.

When the doctor cleared his throat Paige looked back up at him her eyes on the crystal. The girl watched the dust float around as he began to shatter it. The cloud slowly settled to the floor where Paige's eyes settled only for a moment before looking up at the doctor. Trembling legs started to move as Paige slowly stood up. "I understand." she said quietly.

A moment or two of deep breaths and Paige finally seemed to calm down and stop shaking. "Are we testing tomorrow?" The girl suddenly gasped as her eyes grew wide when she realized she was in a house. Houses have furniture, and a real bed, instead of a hospital bed. "Can I sleep in an actual bed? With fluffy blankets... or maybe soft ones... oh the fuzzy blankets that are like baby soft but for adults...." She spoke fast not even stopping to take a breath in between sentences. "Please?" Would most likely be the only discernable word after her rant on what kind of blankets. The lab rat only knew of so many kinds of blankets a little bit from when she was little, and from a magazine another lab rat had stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back