Question

Gabe95

Can I make my own RPG and have people join in, or do I have to join in on other people's roleplays? I am getting used to this site, and having a browse around and this is my first post, yet I am still unsure.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

amdreams said:
You can make your own.
Thank you.

One more thing (sorry): So do I just post an outline, back story, pick a character and tell people I am recruiting for my RPG?

Well, you can set up your roleplay any way you wish but it's more important for you to know where to post your roleplay and how to make it (like what stuff to click).

amdreams said:
Well, you can set up your roleplay any way you wish but it's more important for you to know where to post your roleplay and how to make it (like what stuff to click).
If I was to post my first roleplay and I didn't want it to be too intense or too long, where would I start?

Do you mean what to post in the overview and stuff? And what do you mean by intense? Do you mean the roleplay in general or what information you're providing off the bat?

amdreams said:
Do you mean what to post in the overview and stuff? And what do you mean by intense? Do you mean the roleplay in general or what information you're providing off the bat?
Like, the RP backstory etc. And intense as in not too much information/players. Just a starter RP. You know? First time poster.

Well, then I'd say to highlight the key points. Give a brief description on the type of world this takes place in and the background information that is necessary for your players to know.

Also, you'll need to say what sort of plot or rp you intend it to be. Is it about adventurers traveling on a quest? Is it about the everyday life of some villagers? Is it a school? Etc.

But as for not being too intense, I'd just do it the way you want. Pretty much make it so it seems interesting but not overwhelming to you. If that scares people off then you might not really want to play with them. Pretty much make your roleplay to your standards and hopefully you get rpers of the same level

amdreams said:
And if you're worried about too many players then just limit the spots and close sign ups when you're full.
What do I write for OOC chat and RP information? I got two notifications about that. Thanks.

Well, you don't need to put anything for ooc. It's just there for ooc chat so if you need to use it then use it then. But as for the Overview tab, if you haven't explained what the rp is about in the ic tab, then you can do so in the Overview tab. If you already have, then you can use the overview tab for anything you want. I use it for updates and summaries but I've seen some use it as an additional ic thread as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back