Query...

HK Fifty

Jedi Historian
So I have this RP. Two of the players haven't responded despite being tagged for two days , and I don't know what to do Becuase they've made their characters extremely important. Only thing I haven't tried is a post to their profile but I did that the LAST time one of them did this same thing and it still took him a day to do anything. I honestly just want to kill off their characters and be able to actually RP with the other two actives. What makes this worse is that we have someone waiting to get in and I really want to add him Becuase most RP's he's in are really good , but I'm stuck waiting for these people. What makes THAT worse is that he's getting disinterested Becuase it's been a week since he made his CS and we still can't do anything (once again because of these two people - they are on all the time , but they hardly ever reply to my RP. One replies to loads and loads of romantic 1x1's and the other just seems to lurk). Any suggestions?

Have you tried personally messaging them?

If I were in your position, I would try to tell them that I was still interested in roleplaying with them, but only if they would be able to keep up with their end of the bargain. If the roleplay doesn't work out with those players, then simply try again with other users who may be more dedicated.

It really depends on what you want to do, because it's your roleplay. My ideas may be stricter than yours, so you may not agree with me fully. Just do what you think is right.

Musician said:
Have you tried personally messaging them?
If I were in your position, I would try to tell them that I was still interested in roleplaying with them, but only if they would be able to keep up with their end of the bargain. If the roleplay doesn't work out with those players, then simply try again with other users who may be more dedicated.

It really depends on what you want to do, because it's your roleplay. My ideas may be stricter than yours, so you may not agree with me fully. Just do what you think is right.
I'll try that in a few minutes , right now one of my actually active players let me know that they might not be able to post for 3 days. That's fine , her character just got her butt handed to her by both my character , AND the other actives' character right afterwards.

Just understand that people can get crazy busy. :) At this time of the year, sites like this tend to slow down, because of school and work. I know I haven't been able to consistently keep up with regular posting expectations due to the latter. I'm lucky to be roleplaying with patient saints.

Which I would be OK with but they're on constantly. All day. They're on almost as much as I am , which is a lot. Which is why I posted this , Becuase I was getting upset they were ignoring my RP despite being on most of the day.

I'm a member of said play, Both of those players are active posters, they are very active in all of their other plays, but they are inactive in the play were in. :c It makes me rage and sad panda at the same time.

They may have other roleplays to catch up on, or sometimes people can only come on for certain periods of time. I will positively admit that I post on certain roleplays more than others because of time and ease of making a response. I can definitely understand the small amount of frustration than can be causing for you though.

Kazanna said:
I'm a member of said play, Both of those players are active posters, they are very active in all of their other plays, but they are inactive in the play were in. :c It makes me rage and sad panda at the same time.
It makes me turn into the droid I used to be , the one that was full of rage and evil. That's why there's therapy sessions with G0-T0 hehe

While I sort of agree with you Muse, The fact that they are online for extended periods of time, occasionally chatting in Shout-Box and then not making any active posts but reading in other locations without reply is frustrating. HK's play is something I personally have put a great deal of thought and time into. The other players are making it very hard to get anywhere progression wise.

Musician said:
They may have other roleplays to catch up on, or sometimes people can only come on for certain periods of time. I will positively admit that I post on certain roleplays more than others because of time and ease of making a response. I can definitely understand the small amount of frustration than can be causing for you though.
It's not exactly small... I made a CS for a RP they created this morning and yet they've been on ALL DAY they've not responded , liked , or even acknowledged it's existence. What kills me is that it's such a well crafted character , it took me a few hours to make it.

-shrugs- The best you can do is remind them about the roleplay in the politest manner possible. If you feel like they're not meeting your expectations, then change it. I've run into similar situations before. Be patient. Be polite. And most importantly, don't let something small like this ruin a good roleplaying experience.

Kazanna said:
While I sort of agree with you Muse, The fact that they are online for extended periods of time, occasionally chatting in Shout-Box and then not making any active posts but reading in other locations without reply is frustrating. HK's play is something I personally have put a great deal of thought and time into. The other players are making it very hard to get anywhere progression wise.
This is truly correct. We've been landing on teth for a week :P If it was just me , kaz and lotus we would be to the maw (current objective) already and would have learned loads of cool powers... Sigh. In any case I'm using the character I made for that RP of ragga's for a kick-ass fanfic.

We'll just do what I suggested. Leave them on the smelly hutt planet

Musician said:
-shrugs- The best you can do is remind them about the roleplay in the politest manner possible. If you feel like they're not meeting your expectations, then change it. I've run into similar situations before. Be patient. Be polite. And most importantly, don't let something small like this ruin a good roleplaying experience.
Well , I sent them a rather polite and respectful PM that included them both. It was short , simple and to the point while remaining very polite and courteous. Hell the title was 'I don't mean to be rude but.." 
Which

Kazanna said:
We'll just do what I suggested. Leave them on the smelly hutt planet
would be sad , considering tyvark has seemed to have gotten rather attached to your character. At least id like darth no-name to murder him in cold blood or something , but then again I would have to force that in earlier than I wanted to if he wanted to leave sooooo... Also I read the word 'Hutt' as 'butt' so obviously my knowledge core is in the gutter.

Your roleplay, your call. Wait for them to get their act together, leave them on smelly hut plants, or make some of, executive decision. Whatever works for you. :)

lol? Attached to Lilliah? In what way?? Other then forcing a kiss on her... *Bleh*

Kazanna said:
lol? Attached to Lilliah? In what way?? Other then forcing a kiss on her... *Bleh*
It's not a mutual attachment. Anyway , I may just say that HK went crazy and killed him. That's something HK would do , even if he is getting nicer... To certain people. He's not the forgiving kind and never will be , unless it's something 'minor' which is relative to him...

Anyway I sent them both a PM and if they don't respond by this time the day after tomorrow , lotus's character is going to wake up to find half the population of the ship were 'accidentally' dumped out of barrels into space because he figured out they were planning a mutiny. I'll figure it out , yes I will precious! 
In related news , is it anyone else's pet peeve that people never notify you when an RP starts when you sign up , and then you go to check on it and they've passed the point where it'll be easy to put in your character? That's always the worst for me.

Yeah that happens to me a lot... I quit joining stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back