Story 『Queen Hazel 』

eyclore

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
author’s note:
hello! I really enjoy animal POV stories!
this one is about a dog!
___________________________________________________|♪

“Hey, wake up, my Queenie! Time for our tea!” shouted Kai. I groaned.
What a terrible nickname for an elegant labrador! One who ate proper food! And one who is at a higher rank than the highest of the high! I need to sleep on a bed! Not a cushion! Oh, woe...
My owners are Sam and Rachel Rivers. Sam is a mechanic, and Rachel is a doctor. They’ve both been dream owners until recently. Two years ago, they adopted a boy called Kai. He’s the start of all my problems. Ever since they got him, they’ve been paying less and less attention to me. Also, he has always loved drama so he dresses me up as his princess and sings weird songs.
I wish Kai would be more... you know, boyish! He should treat me like a queen! Yeah, Queen Hazel has a ring to it. He should tend to my every need, and kneel whenever he sees me! Whether he’s playing football or something else, I would be carried around like a princess at all times! And all I would need to do was bark, and he would come rushing. Instead, he makes me TEA! DOGS DO NOT DRINK TEA! Ugh. We like chewing on bones, chasing cats, and being treated like ROYALTY. I wanted to be a normal dog, or better, a ROYAL one! A pet of the queen, perhaps! So I could be properly loved... The queen’s corgis are soo lucky! I mean, I am loved and all, but I wish I was treated more specially...
Anyway, I had to go to Kai’s drama class because the teacher suggested it. Something about animal interaction. Sigh... Oh well, at least the tea is sort of nice. HA! Are you kidding me? It’s disgusting Ugh.
“My Queenie, have a sip of this delightful Jasmine tea! It truly does work wonders!” gurgled Kai in a British tone.
I had to bear 45 minutes of horror, but thankfully, the class was over. Time for Kai to go to school! Finally, the house to myself! But then...
“Awoooooo!” It was my friend, Rose! She always comes to visit from next door. I wonder what we’d do today. As I heard her steps coming closer, Sam came by.
“Hazey wayzey, why are you going out? You know it's forbidden!”
NOO! Sam had found my secret way out: a small trapdoor that I could just fit through in the back of Kai’s drama room. Sam locked the trapdoor, and I heard Rose miserably padding away. I howled in sadness.
“Come on now, Hazel, Daddy wants to learn drama too!”
Ugh! I immediately ran out of Kai’s drama room, and thankfully, no one called me back.
Great. No one in this frustrating family knew how dogs had fun. They never let me have fun. Last time, I saw a rabbit out in the backyard, and decided to chase it out. Like, that’s what dogs are for, right? Well, Rachel spotted me, and practically SHOUTED at me for chasing the rabbit! She cuddled it close and whispered, “It’s okay, Fluffy, I won’t let that cruel dog hurt you.”

Cruel? I was just doing my job! How was that cruel? Rachel used to cuddle me close, and tell me she loved me. Now that they had Kai, I felt like they didn’t even care about me anymore.
I was completely deprived of all my delights. No fun, no friends, no love. NOTHING!! And I succumbed to Kai’s nonsense! Oh, WHY?! I started chasing my tail to wear off my anger and frustration.
After a while, I heard the doorbell ring. It was Mandy, Kai’s best friend. She comes every Thursday to play with Kai. And guess what? This time she brought Chestnut, her golden retriever. I circled her, sniffed her, then tackled her with a jump. Chestnut loves it when we play-fight, but this time she growled at me.
“HAZEL!!! What are you doing! You’re ruining my fur! What do you think Moto Moto will think of me then!”
Since when did Chestnut care about looks? And who was this Moto Moto? Whoever he was, I would get revenge on him for turning my friend into this.
“Who is this Moto Moto?” I barked.
“Oh! He recently moved into the neighbourhood. He is, like, sooo totally hot. Just like his name! Moto Moto actually means Hot Hot. Hey, do you think he likes me? Like, who am I kidding, course he likes me! I’m so sweet and kind and pretty and funny and smart and...” Chestnut started blabbering.
Ugh! I am so sick of this! I ordered Chestnut to bring me to this Moto Moto right away. While Kai and Mandy were talking, we crept through the open door. We snuck past a few blocks and stopped in front of a shepherd dog. Now, I could see why Chestnut was so crazy about this guy. Moto Moto had sleek golden fur with silver specks, his eyes green like emeralds, his ears as soft as clouds... My eyes popped out of their sockets, and I (HEAR ME) almost started drooling over him too!
“Yo, girls, whassup! My, what pretty eyes you have!” Moto Moto flexed his muscles, his eyes twinkling as he flirted with Chestnut.
I had had enough! He might be handsome, but his personality was as pretty as dirt! Growling, I bunched up my muscles, ready to pounce onto him, but Moto Moto pounced first. Chestnut forgotten, we lunged at each other, teeth bared and eyes sparkling with rage. He bit first, really hard. I unsheathed my claws, swiping at Moto Moto’s back. Chestnut watched on anxiously, and said in a small voice:
“Guys, you have to stop! You’ll hurt each other!”
Neither of us listened. Moto Moto growled, slashing at my face. Luckily, he only managed to grab a handful of fur. I charged, ramming into Moto Moto. He lost balance and fell to the ground. I gave a howl of victory, and was about to pounce on him when I heard Kai’s worried voice. Uh-oh, I bet you all my dog food that I was in deep, deep, trouble.
I immediately stopped fighting and froze in place. Moto Moto’s eyes flashed open, then ran back into his house, tail between legs. Coward.

Kai came rushing, Mandy at his heels. His blue eyes went wide in distress when he saw me all battered and bruised. Mandy ran over, inspected Chestnut all over, then gave a sigh of relief. Without another word, she brought Chestnut straight home.
I bowed my head, waiting for scolding, but nothing came. Then realization struck: Kai didn’t see the fight! This was fantastic! But all of a sudden, a short old lady came out of Moto Moto’s house. Uh oh.
“Good afternoon, Mrs.Oakwood!”
Kai recognised her! This couldn’t be good. Mrs.Oakwood gave a sharp whistle, and out came Moto Moto. He gave me a triumphant look as he nibbled his wounds. Kai looked at him, horror dawning his face.
“What happened?!”he asked, clearly worried.
“Young man, this is no time for jokes! Look at your dog there,” snapped Mrs. Oakwood.
Kai looked at me for a second as his confusion turned into shock.
“No, it can’t be...” Then his expression became furious.
“HOW COULD YOU, HAZEL!! YOU ATTACKED THE NEW DOG? OH, YOU
ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!!!” He glanced at Mrs.Oakwood apologetically. “Nothing like this will ever happen again,” he promised.
“He started it,” I yowled, frustrated and annoyed.
Kai didn’t even glance at me as he put a small cage-thing around my muzzle. I
whimpered. It was way too tight! He dragged me all the way home, and I withered and wrestled against the leash. So what? It was a little fight! Moto Moto was just acting. He wasn’t in that much pain! Stupid boys.
It’s been two days since my fight, and I am now off to a dog obedience school in a crowded car. As if I need it anyway! Harrumph. At least the cage-thing around my muzzle was gone. I shuffled around in Kai’s lap.
Rachel was driving, since Sam had to fix some kind of pump. The car was stuffed with random junk like tennis rackets and old board games. Even though there was barely anyone in it, the car sure didn’t make for a comfortable ride! Shortly, we arrived at the place of DOOM!
Sigh.
When will I finally earn their trust again? As Kai led me out of the car, I saw a huge sign. It read:
Eastcliff training academy for dogs

What show-offs. I’ll be the judge for the best obedience school!
It was a hot afternoon, and the sun was beating down on my back. Sadly, I couldn’t plop down and refuse to move in fear of heatstroke. Instead, I was forced to go into the building with Kai and Rachel. The admission room was a bit cramped, and it was the complete opposite of the raging sun. People were sitting with snarling dogs,
waiting to be admitted. Shivering, I backed away from the savage canines and curled into a ball.
After registering, a woman led me into a wide, open room that looked like a school’s gym. Thankfully, the temperature was just right. The atrium was full of dogs. I padded over to them and started sniffing their butts. Some of them smelled fishy, others like they haven’t showered in a year.
I scanned the room, and my eyes finally landed on the one I was looking for, Rose! She told me that she was going two days ago, because her owner wanted her to learn cool dog tricks. Unless you’re joining the circus, I see no need for a poor Jack Russel to be forced to balance dog treats on her nose.
Rose was sitting at the back of the pen, head drooping and eyes dejected. I started running towards her, and I was about to call out her name when...
“There! Hazel! Come with me!”
A tall man was running towards me, holding a red leash. I squinted to read his
name tag. It read: Jake. He clipped the leash onto my collar. I tried to resist as he tried to drag me somewhere, and finally decided to sit down. Jake groaned and muttered under his breath as he bent down and tried to pick me up. NO!! If I was ever to be picked up, it must be done with grace and elegance! Jake hauled once more, then gave up. He left the pen, sweat dripping down his face.
Yes! I hurried over to where Rose was, but it was just my luck. She was gone! Didn’t she even try to struggle?
Jake was back, towing something behind him. A CART! If he thought I was going to hop right in, he was wrong! It was probably dirty with horse dung inside.
But when I took a look at it, I realized it was painted gold with engravings and proper wheels, just like a royal carriage! Inside were a few cushions, a lovely dog biscuit with my name on it, and a large purple velvet cushion for me to sit on.
Wow! I jumped in immediately and barked in satisfaction.
Jake shook his head. “My, what a fussy dog you are! We will definitely have to fix that. I spoke to your owner, Kai, and he told me to prepare it just like this.”
Hmm, what does he mean by fixing me? I was no robot! The only part that satisfied me was that Kai really does know me. Who could have known?
The ride was NOT what I expected. Instead of a smooth, relaxing ride, it was horrendously bumpy, the cart threatening to break any moment. Absolutely terrible! I must issue a complaint to the academy.
We went past several training rooms and the kennels. It wasn’t all that bad with food and toys, but I didn’t fancy being trapped in a glass cage all night.
As soon as Jake stopped, I immediately jumped out of the dangerous cart and prepared to run away. But Jake had come prepared.
“Hazel, fetch!” He threw a juicy, delicious bone into a room. I tried to resist, but soon my dog sense took over. Licking my lips, I ran towards the bone. Before I could get to it, I heard the door slam. NO! I was tricked!
A sign on the door read: Training Area for Particularly Fussy Dogs.

Queen Hazel
“Hey, wake up, my Queenie! Time for our tea!” shouted Kai. I groaned.
What a terrible nickname for an elegant labrador! One who ate proper food! And one who is at a higher rank than the highest of the high! I need to sleep on a bed! Not a cushion! Oh, woe...
My owners are Sam and Rachel Rivers. Sam is a mechanic, and Rachel is a doctor. They’ve both been dream owners until recently. Two years ago, they adopted a boy called Kai. He’s the start of all my problems. Ever since they got him, they’ve been paying less and less attention to me. Also, he has always loved drama so he dresses me up as his princess and sings weird songs.
I wish Kai would be more... you know, boyish! He should treat me like a queen! Yeah, Queen Hazel has a ring to it. He should tend to my every need, and kneel whenever he sees me! Whether he’s playing football or something else, I would be carried around like a princess at all times! And all I would need to do was bark, and he would come rushing. Instead, he makes me TEA! DOGS DO NOT DRINK TEA! Ugh. We like chewing on bones, chasing cats, and being treated like ROYALTY. I wanted to be a normal dog, or better, a ROYAL one! A pet of the queen, perhaps! So I could be properly loved... The queen’s corgis are soo lucky! I mean, I am loved and all, but I wish I was treated more specially...
Anyway, I had to go to Kai’s drama class because the teacher suggested it. Something about animal interaction. Sigh... Oh well, at least the tea is sort of nice. HA! Are you kidding me? It’s disgusting Ugh.
“My Queenie, have a sip of this delightful Jasmine tea! It truly does work wonders!” gurgled Kai in a British tone.
I had to bear 45 minutes of horror, but thankfully, the class was over. Time for Kai to go to school! Finally, the house to myself! But then...
“Awoooooo!” It was my friend, Rose! She always comes to visit from next door. I wonder what we’d do today. As I heard her steps coming closer, Sam came by.
“Hazey wayzey, why are you going out? You know it's forbidden!”
NOO! Sam had found my secret way out: a small trapdoor that I could just fit through in the back of Kai’s drama room. Sam locked the trapdoor, and I heard Rose miserably padding away. I howled in sadness.
“Come on now, Hazel, Daddy wants to learn drama too!”
Ugh! I immediately ran out of Kai’s drama room, and thankfully, no one called me back.
Great. No one in this frustrating family knew how dogs had fun. They never let me have fun. Last time, I saw a rabbit out in the backyard, and decided to chase it out. Like, that’s what dogs are for, right? Well, Rachel spotted me, and practically SHOUTED at me for chasing the rabbit! She cuddled it close and whispered, “It’s okay, Fluffy, I won’t let that cruel dog hurt you.”

Cruel? I was just doing my job! How was that cruel? Rachel used to cuddle me close, and tell me she loved me. Now that they had Kai, I felt like they didn’t even care about me anymore.
I was completely deprived of all my delights. No fun, no friends, no love. NOTHING!! And I succumbed to Kai’s nonsense! Oh, WHY?! I started chasing my tail to wear off my anger and frustration.
After a while, I heard the doorbell ring. It was Mandy, Kai’s best friend. She comes every Thursday to play with Kai. And guess what? This time she brought Chestnut, her golden retriever. I circled her, sniffed her, then tackled her with a jump. Chestnut loves it when we play-fight, but this time she growled at me.
“HAZEL!!! What are you doing! You’re ruining my fur! What do you think Moto Moto will think of me then!”
Since when did Chestnut care about looks? And who was this Moto Moto? Whoever he was, I would get revenge on him for turning my friend into this.
“Who is this Moto Moto?” I barked.
“Oh! He recently moved into the neighbourhood. He is, like, sooo totally hot. Just like his name! Moto Moto actually means Hot Hot. Hey, do you think he likes me? Like, who am I kidding, course he likes me! I’m so sweet and kind and pretty and funny and smart and...” Chestnut started blabbering.
Ugh! I am so sick of this! I ordered Chestnut to bring me to this Moto Moto right away. While Kai and Mandy were talking, we crept through the open door. We snuck past a few blocks and stopped in front of a shepherd dog. Now, I could see why Chestnut was so crazy about this guy. Moto Moto had sleek golden fur with silver specks, his eyes green like emeralds, his ears as soft as clouds... My eyes popped out of their sockets, and I (HEAR ME) almost started drooling over him too!
“Yo, girls, whassup! My, what pretty eyes you have!” Moto Moto flexed his muscles, his eyes twinkling as he flirted with Chestnut.
I had had enough! He might be handsome, but his personality was as pretty as dirt! Growling, I bunched up my muscles, ready to pounce onto him, but Moto Moto pounced first. Chestnut forgotten, we lunged at each other, teeth bared and eyes sparkling with rage. He bit first, really hard. I unsheathed my claws, swiping at Moto Moto’s back. Chestnut watched on anxiously, and said in a small voice:
“Guys, you have to stop! You’ll hurt each other!”
Neither of us listened. Moto Moto growled, slashing at my face. Luckily, he only managed to grab a handful of fur. I charged, ramming into Moto Moto. He lost balance and fell to the ground. I gave a howl of victory, and was about to pounce on him when I heard Kai’s worried voice. Uh-oh, I bet you all my dog food that I was in deep, deep, trouble.
I immediately stopped fighting and froze in place. Moto Moto’s eyes flashed open, then ran back into his house, tail between legs. Coward.

Kai came rushing, Mandy at his heels. His blue eyes went wide in distress when he saw me all battered and bruised. Mandy ran over, inspected Chestnut all over, then gave a sigh of relief. Without another word, she brought Chestnut straight home.
I bowed my head, waiting for scolding, but nothing came. Then realization struck: Kai didn’t see the fight! This was fantastic! But all of a sudden, a short old lady came out of Moto Moto’s house. Uh oh.
“Good afternoon, Mrs.Oakwood!”
Kai recognised her! This couldn’t be good. Mrs.Oakwood gave a sharp whistle, and out came Moto Moto. He gave me a triumphant look as he nibbled his wounds. Kai looked at him, horror dawning his face.
“What happened?!”he asked, clearly worried.
“Young man, this is no time for jokes! Look at your dog there,” snapped Mrs. Oakwood.
Kai looked at me for a second as his confusion turned into shock.
“No, it can’t be...” Then his expression became furious.
“HOW COULD YOU, HAZEL!! YOU ATTACKED THE NEW DOG? OH, YOU
ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!!!” He glanced at Mrs.Oakwood apologetically. “Nothing like this will ever happen again,” he promised.
“He started it,” I yowled, frustrated and annoyed.
Kai didn’t even glance at me as he put a small cage-thing around my muzzle. I
whimpered. It was way too tight! He dragged me all the way home, and I withered and wrestled against the leash. So what? It was a little fight! Moto Moto was just acting. He wasn’t in that much pain! Stupid boys.
It’s been two days since my fight, and I am now off to a dog obedience school in a crowded car. As if I need it anyway! Harrumph. At least the cage-thing around my muzzle was gone. I shuffled around in Kai’s lap.
Rachel was driving, since Sam had to fix some kind of pump. The car was stuffed with random junk like tennis rackets and old board games. Even though there was barely anyone in it, the car sure didn’t make for a comfortable ride! Shortly, we arrived at the place of DOOM!
Sigh.
When will I finally earn their trust again? As Kai led me out of the car, I saw a huge sign. It read:
Eastcliff training academy for dogs

What show-offs. I’ll be the judge for the best obedience school!
It was a hot afternoon, and the sun was beating down on my back. Sadly, I couldn’t plop down and refuse to move in fear of heatstroke. Instead, I was forced to go into the building with Kai and Rachel. The admission room was a bit cramped, and it was the complete opposite of the raging sun. People were sitting with snarling dogs,
waiting to be admitted. Shivering, I backed away from the savage canines and curled into a ball.
After registering, a woman led me into a wide, open room that looked like a school’s gym. Thankfully, the temperature was just right. The atrium was full of dogs. I padded over to them and started sniffing their butts. Some of them smelled fishy, others like they haven’t showered in a year.
I scanned the room, and my eyes finally landed on the one I was looking for, Rose! She told me that she was going two days ago, because her owner wanted her to learn cool dog tricks. Unless you’re joining the circus, I see no need for a poor Jack Russel to be forced to balance dog treats on her nose.
Rose was sitting at the back of the pen, head drooping and eyes dejected. I started running towards her, and I was about to call out her name when...
“There! Hazel! Come with me!”
A tall man was running towards me, holding a red leash. I squinted to read his
name tag. It read: Jake. He clipped the leash onto my collar. I tried to resist as he tried to drag me somewhere, and finally decided to sit down. Jake groaned and muttered under his breath as he bent down and tried to pick me up. NO!! If I was ever to be picked up, it must be done with grace and elegance! Jake hauled once more, then gave up. He left the pen, sweat dripping down his face.
Yes! I hurried over to where Rose was, but it was just my luck. She was gone! Didn’t she even try to struggle?
Jake was back, towing something behind him. A CART! If he thought I was going to hop right in, he was wrong! It was probably dirty with horse dung inside.
But when I took a look at it, I realized it was painted gold with engravings and proper wheels, just like a royal carriage! Inside were a few cushions, a lovely dog biscuit with my name on it, and a large purple velvet cushion for me to sit on.
Wow! I jumped in immediately and barked in satisfaction.
Jake shook his head. “My, what a fussy dog you are! We will definitely have to fix that. I spoke to your owner, Kai, and he told me to prepare it just like this.”
Hmm, what does he mean by fixing me? I was no robot! The only part that satisfied me was that Kai really does know me. Who could have known?
The ride was NOT what I expected. Instead of a smooth, relaxing ride, it was horrendously bumpy, the cart threatening to break any moment. Absolutely terrible! I must issue a complaint to the academy.
We went past several training rooms and the kennels. It wasn’t all that bad with food and toys, but I didn’t fancy being trapped in a glass cage all night.
As soon as Jake stopped, I immediately jumped out of the dangerous cart and prepared to run away. But Jake had come prepared.
“Hazel, fetch!” He threw a juicy, delicious bone into a room. I tried to resist, but soon my dog sense took over. Licking my lips, I ran towards the bone. Before I could get to it, I heard the door slam. NO! I was tricked!
A sign on the door read: Training Area for Particularly Fussy Dogs.

that’s chapter 1!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back