• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Quarantine 2040

Elijahpijah123

A new pathogen was discovered recently in 2030. As it spread it infected hundreds of thousands of people. They had no choice but to quarantine the zone in Canada. Now few remain in the zone and a cure was abandoned. It's up to the survivors to make a choice, escape and threaten humanity, or stay in and risk dying alone while attempting locating a cure.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Is this alright?)

"Come on. Give me something..."
He thought as he rummaged around in the Cupboard, hoping to find something edible. He gasped; "got something!"

He grabbed the object and pulled it out, happy to see a filled tin can. A smile formed on his lips as he saw the label; Ravioli. Finally something to eat... He threw the can into his backpack and closed the cupboard, picking up his weapon smeared with blood. "You don't need this any longer, do you?" He thought as he stepped over the decaying remains of a body laying on the kitchen floor. The smell was horrible. He looked out of the window to check if it was safe to leave before opening the front door. He closed the door he lockpicked before and climbed up a street lantern to get a better view. "The coast is clear." He thought after he looked around for a while and wanted to get back down, when suddenly;

"Anyone?"

He jerked his head to the direction the voice came from. "Was that...?"

In the distance, he saw a boy running down the street, yelling for somebody. "My god..." He mumbled, jumped off of the lantern and ran towards the boy, holding his weapon in his right hand to fight off the infected in case they get too close to him.

"Hey kid!!" He yelled and ran towards him, grabbing his wrist and pulling him along. "What the hell are you doin'?! Are you planning to die?! Come on, quick!" He pointed to the house he left a few minutes ago. The doors and windows downstairs were boarded up, so it should be a safe place to be in.

((Yea))

Julian follows the stranger. "I hope there is more survivors." As he walks in the house, he sees a fridge and finds some potatos. "Great, potatoes. Something to eat."

"Geez kid, you shouldn't be walking among the infected so carelessly!" He said as he closed the door behind him.

"Yeah theres food. I snatched a full tin can earlier." There was an awkward silence in the room. He wondered where his parents were. Was he all alone?

"My name is David. What's your name, kid?"

"Upgrade for a metal bar?" He asked, wondering what he meant. He looked down and noticed that he was holding a metal bar in his hand. Appearently, that was his weapon. "Give me a sec." He said as he rummaged around in the kitchen cupboards. After a while, he found a few knives and some duct tape and held them up in the air.

"I could add blades to it..." He suggested.

"Julian, are you all alone out here?" He asked with a serious look on his face. If that was the case, he wondered how he managed to survive until now.

"I honestly don't know. When they locked the town down, my girlfriend went missing. And I found my parents in a hole, infected and stuck. In a sinkhole. So yea. And yes, I want blades." Julian said, sadly.

Laura

Laura was in a high rise building, clearing it out. "Still gotta work on that radio site," she said to herself. It would help survivors contact each other with a 100 feet range. She had a pound of water and half a pound of beans.

Julian

"While you upgrade my bar, I'll search for survivors. And I'll grab this wood plank. Hopefully I'll find Laura." Julian darted out the door before anyone could speak.

"Wh- Wait!"

The door closed behind julian. David just stood there, dumbfounded, holding a metal bar and a blade in his hands."Is he for real?!"

He dashed to the door and swung it open, following him until he caught up with him. "Listen! You can't just run around alone with nothing but a wooden plank!" He fastened 2 blades onto the metal bar and handed it to julian. "We're going to find something better for you." David looked around, checking if there were any infected nearby. "So where are you headed?"

"Alright, then let's get a move on!" David took out a compass from his backpack and checked the direction.

"That's the way." He said and pointed into the distance behind them. "How far is it?"

Julian

"5-10 minutes away. We should hurry, there's a storm coming." Julian pointed ahead towards a massive cloud with lightning bolts. "Now the problem is the infected that surround it. There's hundreds of them."

Laura

Laura was packing up to find more supplies for the radio transmitter thingy. She grabbed her Remington and ran down the stairs of the high rise when the wind blew in a window. The storm had hit her first. "Climbing out is not a good idea now!" She continued before a dozen infected were on the lower levels. She shot them and killed them with 2 shots.

"Hmm..." David held his chin, trying to find a solution for this problem.

"Maybe we can walk around them if we walk slowly and stay quiet. Most of them are busy right now. Look."

He pointed at the infected feasting over a corpse. "If we don't catch their attention, we might be able to sneak past them..." He looked at Julian and then at his improvised weapon. "This is going to be a toughie. Are you ready?"

"Yea."

Laura

Laura is searching through a briefcase of one of the smartest people to work on radios. She found a satellite dish and a transmitter. "This should be good enough." She also wanted to find more survivors, and maybe form a group. But she had to finish the radio thing, and she rushed back to the highrise. As the storm was now bringing hail, she had to get the unfinished radio and take it into the building. As she ran up the steps, she heard the hail crack the windows. She took the radio down and went inside. "I know there's people out there."

Through the hail and the storm walked a woman in a black leather jacket. Her equally black hair blew around her, and she had twin daggers strapped across her back, more like shortswords then daggers. And you could bet your bottom dollars they were sharp.

A group of Infecteds dashed at her, and the woman merely took out her shortwords with a fluid motion, one in each hand. As the infected encroached on her, she sliced and cut, their heads and lifeless bodies rolling along the road. The storm howled, and the woman let the rain clean the blood off of her blades.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, she recites in her mind. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

The woman continued on, her destination a fallout shelter south from where she was. It wasn't far, but still she recited the scripture. She had had a hard journey, with a grave that was too small and too difficult to dig. Silently she carried her guilt and her sorrow, letting the rain cleanse her soul as they did her swords.

She looked up. The fallout shelter wasn't too far from where she was standing, and she could see two young men trying to get to the same shelter. Even through the rain and hail, she could see the problem. They were going to try and sneak past some infected, currently feasting over a corpse. Had the woman seen that a few months ago, she would have been enraged. Now she felt nothing. Absolutely nothing.

But her swords, and her clinking boots attracted the attention of the infected, and they turned on the young men first. With a sigh, she jogged lightly toward the infected group, cutting them down before they could reach the young men. She glanced back towards them, her face empty of expression, and she let the rain fall down on her blades, reciting another scripture in her head. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

She continued to walk towards the fallout shelter, her boots splashing in the puddles left by the rain.

((How was that? A bit too long?))

(Yup! I'm here! @Vespertide i really like your post!)

'Alright. Careful...' He took one step after another, trying to be as subtle as possible. Julian was walking beside him. He held on tight to the old tomahawk, just in case something goes wrong. He became nervous as he stepped closer to the infected. It felt wrong to approach them. The rain didn't help, either.

"I... I think it's working!" He whispered to julian as they stepped closer. This was easier than expected...

Then, he heard a clinking sound nearby. He didn't know where it came from, but it was around somewhere. Unfortunately, it attracted the infected, and they started closing in on them.

"Damn it! Who's making that sound?!"

He looked around and raised his weapon, ready to attack. "Watch out, julian!" This was bad... He had to watch over the boy.

Suddenly, he saw a woman jogging over to them in the corner of his eye. The clinking sound increased in volume as she approached them. Then, she started stabbing them down like it's her daily routine. He just stood there, dumbfounded. Who was this woman? He received a quick glance before she started to walk away.

"H-hey you! Wait!"

Skychild said:
"H-hey you! Wait!"
The woman stopped. Her blades shown red and they looked wicked in the gray day. A sigh escaped her lips, and without turning she spoke, the first time in weeks.

"If you wish to express gratitude for your lives, don't."

She continued on towards the fallout shelter, not wishing to continue the conversation.

Elijahpijah123 said:
"Who are you? Trying to get to the shelter?" Julian said.
The boy made her stop. But it didn't change her attitude. "To answer your question, yes."

She didn't say anything else, not her name, not her identity. Her boots continued to click, moving towards food and rest before she continued on.

Elijahpijah123 said:
"Play that game? We are sharing this shelter you know. Your gonna need to tell us."
"Playing that game." The woman corrected silently. Realizing that she wasn't going to get out of this particular crowd, she reluctantly turned around. Her eyes held no light, and looked more dead than the infected themselves. "I don't need to tell you boys anything. I'm not planning on staying for long in the shelter. One night, to be precise."

The wind toyed with her hair, blowing it out of her face. The woman turned back towards the shelter, sheathing her now clean but wet swords. Her boots clicked, and had the young men looked at them, they would have seen that the heels were long spikes that clicked with every step.

The boots stopped. "Don't follow me, boys. Only Death does that."

(( @Vespertide thanks! ))

The woman made him uncomfortable. To be more precise, she made him angry. She was strange, first helping them out and then threatening them not to follow her. Her rude attitude had to be a sign that she went through terrible experiences. Sure, another person in the group would increase their chance of survival, but he didn't want to have her around. Still, she was an excellent fighter. However, he can't not follow her, since they're trying to get to the same place. He thought he found somebody helpful, but instead, he encountered a problem.

"What makes you think we want to follow you? We don't care about your threats." He said addressing the woman, but didn't look at her.

"We want to get to the shelter, too, you know. So we don't have a choice but to follow you. Not because we like you, but because we're going the same way. So leave us alone." He had no clue how she would react to a rude statement towards her, so he held on tight to his weapon... Just in case... She was dangerous...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back