Quaint Summer "Live Life to the Fullest"-esque Roleplay?

Newson

grant me eyes
I love the general quaint and nostalgic feel of Beach City in Steven Universe, let alone any beach or bay town anywhere. Also including the town of Aberdale in the show Clarence, just that laid back feel. Pretty much inspired by many of the other movies that include "a misunderstood teenage boy who is brought along on a family vacation to a beach house, meets a girl, falls in love, experiences turmoil, and they live happily ever after", like the movie "The Way Way Back".

So I had the notion to create this. This is in the infant stages of being a roleplay, maybe even fetus stages, just barely an idea. It is like this because I am in the process of create several other ideas and my brain just keeps kicking out ideas like their tenants who haven't paid their fees in a month.

But anyways, if anyone understands what I mean by this kind of roleplay, thank you for understanding my idea of a quaint and nostalgic town with tall grove trees and long beaches. Another thing to think about is the town "Hoot" is set in. Now that's a throwback! But I digress. Here's a snit-bit of writing to maybe get you in the mood...

Wendell looked out the smudged but clear window of his mom's station wagon. His mom and dad thought it would be a great idea to take the family car, pack it up with provisions, and head out to Grovedale, a small town in South Carolina but equally in the middle of nowhere where their Aunt Maggie lives and owns a "beach house". Wendell stares out at the tall grove trees, inspiration for the name of the town, and various palm and willow trees, that's what happens when beach front meets swamp front. You can't help but notice the beauty of this secluded grove road, trees and beyond that sandy beaches and the water on both sides. Wendell looks back in the car and back into reality, his mom and dad are singing some old 70s song or something and his sister is texting away to her boyfriend or who knows what on her phone.

Wendell cares not for the life he lives so he looks back out the window, a diversion to a ever-present reality. From the time he looked away, we had gotten off the land-bridge that connects the mainland and Grovedale, a small practical island off of the South Carolina shore but still with land connections through bridges and land-bridges. And off the land-bridge means in the actual town. Quaint little beach houses, old beach houses, and even mansions started appearing. Though the mansions were old and probably civil war era, they weren't bad to look at. Wendell then started seeing shops and other small stores, they had reached main street. They passed a rather large arcade that Wendell thought he'd be spending his time at, a lot. The trees opened up and sunlight was let in while on main street, passing more smaller grocery stores and family-owned businesses.

If Wendell wasn't with his family, he be right at home in the small town, well, he wouldn't want to live here, but he'd love to visit. It's just that he got dragged here with the family. And that's when they reached Aunt Maggie's house.

Well... Tell me what you think below. But now do you get the picture? Towns like that! Towns that make you want to stay in them and grow old in them, towns that have nice people but equally bad drama that arises. Things like that.

Anyways... Voila. La fin.

That was kind of the goal to provide atmosphere to get people interested. A plot would kind of be a group roleplay where your character's age would be whatever, at least not under 10, but you would have just an average life in this town, but not only is there just this town, but there is turmoil and other happenings that make life in Grovedale not so boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back