Opinion Put your money where your mouth is.

RiversEdge

Relaxation is a choice
I've never really been a skeptical person, at least I don't think I am...

...but over the years and through various experiences sometimes I have a habit of taking promises or words with a grain of salt. Only sometimes mind you.

Sure you can tell me your going to do something, but until you actually do it I'm kind of not believing you.

Anyways, I guess what I want to know is how many of you out there value actions more than words.

Nothing is wrong with trusting people! I find people that can to be admirable~ I'm honestly only curious about the ratio of people who can rely on words more than others.

I like to think that I trust people - but only to an extent.

I've been let down far too many times in the past to trust promises. I don't believe in them anymore, they mean little to nothing to me now - you either do it or you don't, I won't get my hopes up over it. Like I'll believe my other half when he tells me loves me, but due to past idiots, if he promises he's gonna do something I tend not to believe it till he does (which isn't his fault and I'm slowly starting to learn he means what he says, unlike others before him).

Actions don't just speak louder - they scream.

I always try my best to fulfill my word.
Sadly, I have a bad habit of actually forgetting I promised something.

With regard to insults, I mean absolutely nothing I say.
With regard to compliments, I mean most, if not all, of it.
I'll find something to compliment in someone so I don't have to compliment something I neither want to nor find complimentary.

But ye most promises I take with a pinch of salt.
If you don't fulfill it, though, I'll hold it over your head. Unless I forget.

I think it is always wise to not trust a persons word when it comes to economic transactions like when you want some crack from the guy out back , always make people sign a written document recognized by the government if you ever have to engage in an economic activity with another human being , an IOU for example is not a recognized promissory note the same goes for monopoly money. This way if they do not follow through you may just sue them for a shitload of $$ moneys $$.

As far as personal commitments are concerned if they don't fulfill their promises it probably means that they don't love/care about you and you should probably erase them from your life that is including twitter , instagram , snapchat and yes even facebook. If it was a relatively small promise and you're edgy like me maybe change the name by which you've got them saved on your phone for example : If your father forgot to come to your oh so important banjo playing concert , you should probably save his number in you phone as Emperor SmallusDickusIII , although some may misconstrue it as being weird.

All in all people are bad and horrible and rude and sometimes terribly disfigured why trust em ?

I hope by understanding my perspective in all this you shall make some significant changes in you life too . Here's hoping , Cheerio !!

RiversEdge RiversEdge , Hall Kervean Hall Kervean

I'll never ever listen to what words and platitudes anyone says . I'll look at what they'll do because what they do tells me who they really are.

There's a reason why the idiom " Talk is cheap" exists for a reason .

Best thing to do is not to trust anyone.

If you want trust you have to earn it and earn it good. Merits such as honor and trust is a lost thing among today's society. Call it pessimism, but I personally always expect the worst out of people even at the best of times.

Last edited:
I follow 3 rules in my life
Trust no one
Your life is only as meaningful as you set it
Don't let anyone tell you your purpose. Unless it's Rick Sanchez

Like they say on Game of Thrones, Words are wind. So yeah, they need to be backed by action. I don't believe it until I see it especially on this site.

Y'all some real cynical folk! My philosophy is believing the best in people. I've hung out with enough liars and cheats and bastards to know the signs, and I'm cautious, but I think sometimes it is worth the risk to take people at their word. If I turn out to have judged wrong, c'est la vie, and I'll probably gripe about it for a while. But if I'm right, I think I've gained way more than I could have lost. Even if some things fall through, promises are broken, whatever, I want to have compassion for why it happened before deciding to write someone off. Everyone has their own share of bad decisions or unavoidable life conflicts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back