• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Project X12 [superpower roleplay]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Ari

graphic-design-of-prison-cells-1.jpg
chinatown-lower-manhatten-new-york-city-20170917-v2-vertical-wingsdomain-art-and-photography.jpg
Project X12
The moment that the government found out that they were "different", they were taken from their families under the guise that it was in their best interest that they be placed in a rehabilitation facility to cure them of their "troubled" behavior. The facility, however, wasn't the beautiful, therapeutic retreat that it was toted as being to the families of these children. It was a prison... a high-tech, superpower proof, prison, essentially. To the government, it seemed like the only way to deal with these unique children who popped up randomly throughout the years, with no genetic or environmental causes to link their superpowers to. If the public knew that supernatural forces existed, society would be changed forever. Worse, though, was that the government knew that supernatural forces were something that could become a threat to them if not dealt with immediately. Until they could figure out a way to use those children for their own benefit, they secretly claimed that it was in the best interest of the country that they remain in the maximum security prison of a place, located in a remote mountainous area.

Despite attempts over the years to break free, no one has ever been able to do so. The prison was built in a way where it was literally superpower proof, and on top of that, it's important to note that no one is born with extensive expertise over their powers. Being forbidden to use them has left the powers weak and minimal. However, it's more accurate to say that no one had ever been able to break out. A year ago, a massive fire broke out at the facility, scorching the place to the ground. The source of the fire remains a mystery to this day, as the intensity of it and its attributes differed from any typical explanation. Only a few people survived, though the fire was bad enough that medical examiners couldn't place just how many scorched bodies were left behind, and who they were. Government officials suspect that at least a few of their "patients" escaped, and over the past year, three who did escape were tracked down and "eliminated". The small group of remaining survivors have realized that there's safety in numbers, and that if they're going to be on the run, unable to reconnect with old family or friends in fear of being traced back by government officials, that they are each other's new family now.

Every few weeks or months, whenever someone becomes paranoid or has real reason to suspect that an official might be closing in on their trail, they relocate somewhere else, trying to blend in with the society around them (and simply survive), despite being alienated from it for most of their lives. With their most recent move to New York, there are hopes that with so many people in the big city, blending in might be easier. When other members of the group find out that their unofficial leader of the group suggested New York as their new place of dwelling because he knew an old love interest of his lived there, it might seem like a less enticing move though. He had been the one insistent on holding the group together, and the one helping them escape recapture multiple times, so it seems improbable that any of them will excuse him for putting them all in danger over a childhood crush... especially if they find out that her father is the head of the National Security Agency.
Rules
  • Helloooooooo reader : )! Can I start by just saying thank you for reading through that and still being interested?! Because I definitely appreciate it! I've been craving a good superpower modern roleplay lately, so here we are! I'm not super big on having a million rules in something leisurely like this, but there are a few things I want to address before anyone invests their time in this like I plan on doing!
  • First and foremost, please do not join/attempt to join this if you think you might lose interest after a few posts, are crazy busy and will disappear and leave people hanging mid-scene, or are incapable of letting people know when you might be unable post for extended periods of time!
  • I don't enjoy writing in one-liner RPs. To each their own, and I know some people prefer that, so I just want to state upfront that this will be a literate/advanced roleplay. I don't need novels in every post, but three+ well written paragraphs would be suitable!
  • Often times in these roleplays, I see people making their character too powerful. This isn't a free-for-all superpower roleplay. It's one where the characters are supposed to be attempting to blend into normal society. Additionally, as I explained in the intro, none of the characters would have had time to foster/develop their powers until this year. I want the powers to be present but mild and not strong. If your character has the power to shapeshift, maybe they can only shapeshift into a few different forms successfully, and maybe it's a slow or draining process, or it only lasts for X amount of time.
  • There are no official roles aside from "the unofficial leader" and his human crush, but please note that I will reject ideas/powers that seem like they may be too much or too powerful for this roleplay.
  • Most importantly, enjoy! I want this to be a very communication based roleplay, so hopefully our OOC will be active with ideas and input. I'll post a link to the character sheet thread below, and I will also write up a description on their first year on their own as a group, outside of the facility, in the coming days. All characters should be 18+. Any exceptions will need to be approved via PM.

Last edited:
just wondering if you'll be making an ooc discord or leaving it here only??

I never meshed well with Discord lol... I don't even know why, but I guess I'll probably leave the conversation here (for the time being at least).

I'm very long term and committed for something like this, I have a few RPs myself I run if you want to see my writing level and detail.

I'm very long term and committed for something like this, I have a few RPs myself I run if you want to see my writing level and detail.

That's great to hear! I posted the CS page here if you'd like to join! Just as a minor announcement to everyone, I'll be away from home from this afternoon around 7 PM EST to Sunday midday. I'll still be here to answer any questions, and possibly approve characters depending on how much time I have, but if I seem quiet or slow to respond over the next few days, that's why.

Sounds good, definitely interested!

Two questions: First, how many people were in this prison before the fire? Just roughly, would it be more like dozens or thousands?

Second, from the way you've described it, would I be right it assuming that we're starting as a group that already semi-knows each other?

EDIT: Actually, scratch all that, just realised I'm going on holiday next Friday for like for a month, so won't be able to join unfortunately :(

Last edited:
? where ? are ? the ? people ? and ? their ? characters ?

I'm interested! ^^
I'll start working on a character~
(Forewarning, I won't be around next Saturday to Tuesday... Hopefully it's still alright for me to join.)

Hey friends :)! I plan on responding to any PMs/posts/characters tonight! I’m mobile but just wanted to pop in to confirm that I am still here, just on holiday still until tomorrow night technically, but today and tomorrow will be more relaxing, so I’ll be around!

FrostFire, Uxie, OppositeInverse, your characters look great! I'll re-read them in the morning when I'm not half asleep haha, but worst case, I'll message you if I have any questions! Please feel free to start messaging among yourselves to work out character relationships!

will you be choosing someone to play the leader or letting whoever wants to be him volunteer (◕ᴗ◕✿) Ari Ari

will you be choosing someone to play the leader or letting whoever wants to be him volunteer (◕ᴗ◕✿) Ari Ari

I spoke to BurningBridges BurningBridges , and her character seems to be a good fit for the role : )! I'm going to work out some more details with her in the coming days, but yeah, Sal will be that leader of the group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back