• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Regalia Rules

specters

ash and flame
Hello and welcome to the Rules section of Project Regalia. Now I know that nobody likes rules, but they are necessary and they help to maintain order and definitely help me throughout the roleplay.

So, without further ado, here we go.

General Rules
• All of RPNation's rules apply here, if I or anybody else sees these rules broken, there is a good chance it will be reported
• No God-moding/power-playing
• Be nice and respectful to one another
• Try to keep OOC messages out of the IC roleplay sections
• Don't hesitate to ask me any questions if your question isn't answered with this set of rules

Character Creation Rules
• All characters must be one of the species provided in the Overview.
• No one statistic of a character can be maxed out
• I recommend a percentage-based allocation for statistics, but this is not required. (The Statistic allocation system may be revamped)
• All characters must be approved by me before they are allowed to be played.
• If you have an idea for an ability, a class, weapons, armor, etc. put it into your character sheet and I will either approve or disapprove it.
• You may have as many characters as you'd like as long as you can keep up with them
• If I ask you to make your character weaker please do not take offense, this is generally for balance. I myself will be playing one advanced character and one beginner character.

OOC Rules
• Again, all RPNation rules apply here
• Be respectful within OOC
• Do not let IC drama transfer into OOC chat, and vice versa

IC Rules
• As above, so below; no god-moding or power-playing, it simply isn't fair to the rest of the players
• Cursing is allowed, but there is to be no sexual roleplaying. I would also prefer if there weren't any references to drugs, as there aren't really any in this universe. Alcohol is fine, however.
• When using NPCs, use them appropriately. This means that you shouldn't take a barkeep and also have them being an extraordinary fletcher. There are special exceptions, of course, but with general NPCs such as barkeeps, guards, citizens, etc, they are very likely not to be proficient in more than one profession as it would make it rather boring to go to the same NPC for everything
• Travel should be realistic
• Passage of time should be realistic. What I mean by this is that you shouldn't have your character be crafting an iron dagger from scratch and it only takes five minutes.
• Overworld details (i.e weather, date, catastrophic events, etc.) will be set and determined by the GM (me)

Guild Rules
• Guilds are allowed to have requirements and can deny membership if they'd like. This, however, should never come from OOC reasons.
• All Guilds will follow the general structure of Hierarchy provided in the guide but superficial things (rank names i.e. Guild Master) can be changed.
• All Guilds require a base, however, bases must be purchased from the system of government in which the Guild resides.

Combat Rules
• These rules will generally only apply when player characters fight each other.
• Combat with NPCs, creatures, etc. will, as long as you are realistic with it, generally end in your character on top. If you know that your character cannot take on a wolf by themselves, then don't make them kill one with ease.
• Combat between players will be supervised by me for realism, power-playing, fair play, etc. Dice may also be implemented.

Any questions you have that have not been answered with these lists of rules just post below and I will answer as soon as possible. I realize I may have missed some things or some things may seem vague or complicated, if so just let me know and I will work it out with you ^^ Never hesitate to ask me questions.

Links back to: Overview | Character Creation | Lore | Archives | OOC

Last edited:
Guide to creating Regalia

With the currently small list of Regalia available, I know it might be tempting to try and make some of your own. I certainly have no problem with you creating Regalia, and in fact I encourage it, I just ask that if you do you follow this guide which will have rules, recommendations, dos and don'ts, etc.

Height of Power

You may have seen this phrase while viewing the current list of Regalia and their descriptions. Simply put, this is the state in which a Regalia is the most powerful it can be. To reach a Regalia's Height of Power, the user/wearer/holder must have owned the Regalia for at least 1 month in-game time and must have practice with focusing the magic that flows through the Regalia. Realistically a Regalia will not reach its Height of Power until the owner has owned it for half a year, though it is possible to reach Height of Power sooner with extreme determination and copious amounts of time focusing the magic within them.

Focusing Magic:
Focusing the magic of Regalia is both simple and complicated at the same time. Every time a Regalia is used, its magic is focused, though it is uncontrolled focus, generally unintentional and rather reactionary. A Regalia reacts to its owner and may even activate when its owner is in extreme danger, such times would be uncontrolled focus. Controlled focus, the focus needed to more quickly reach Height of Power, is intentional and thoughtful. Controlled focus is when the owner of the Regalia is concentrating on the aura of the Regalia and channeling the magic of the Regalia.

Rules
  • At base power, a regalia is only to have one power, and that power is not to be a power that would be considered god-moding. For example, there will never be a Regalia that allows a user invincibility, or instant kills.
  • Realistically, Regalia are difficult to obtain. Players must go through dangerous dungeons or defeat extremely powerful creatures to obtain them. With that in mind, don't make a Regalia with the thought that it will be easy for your character to find and use.
  • When submitting a Regalia, use the format provided
  • Don't make a Regalia automatically assuming that it will get accepted. And please do not get angry if I deny a submission. Most often if I deny a submission it is because something similar to it already exists or you are missing something or you did not correctly read the rules.
  • A Regalia's Height of Power ability should be related to its base ability. A Regalia's Height of Power is simply an enhanced version of the base ability.
  • Every Regalia has a physical form. This can be pretty much anything that can be held or worn. A ring, a sword, a dagger, a necklace, etc.
Format for Regalia Submission

Code:
Regalia name:
Brief Description of its lore:
Regalia's physical form:
Regalia ability:
Height of Power ability:

Guide to Creating Abilities

Just as with the short list of Regalia, there is a short list of Abilities, which I am working on adding to. I would love for you all to create abilities of your own! I believe this will encourage creativity with character creation and with an enhanced level of customization I am hoping you all will feel more attached to your characters ^^ So this is a guide to creating abilities of your own.

What are abilities?

Abilities are actions that characters can perform by channeling the magic within them to produce certain effects. There are also abilities that do not require the use of magic, but rather the training of one's body to perform enhanced feats.

Abilities do not have to be combat-oriented. You may create abilities for aesthetic modifications (i.e. color-changing), help with chores and menial things (i.e. using magic to sweep a floor). You can even create abilities to help with the crafting of items.

Rules

• There are to be no abilities that constitute god-moding/power-playing. This means that you cannot make an ability that automatically kills something. Nor can you make an ability that makes you invincible.
  • You cannot use an ability that I have not approved
  • Please do not get angry if your ability does not get approved, it likely did not get approved because it breaks a rule, something similar to it already exists, or you are simply missing something from it.
  • When creating an ability, keep in mind what it does and how it will affect your character. Some abilities are so powerful that after performing them a character may experience extreme exhaustion or something similar.
  • Also keep in mind how difficult it is for a character to learn the ability and what requirements must be met before performing it.
  • Please follow the format provided for ability submissions.
Format for Ability Creation

Code:
Name of ability:
What it does:
How does it affect the user:
How does a character learn it?:
What are the requirements for performing it?:
If a combat ability, what buffs does it provide or how much damage does it do?:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back