Professor Varien Ember, The Sunsinger

Cruor Flumine

Ballistic Heartbreaker

Helmet: Light Beyond Nemesis

"These are the wings of pratiya-samutpada, the truth of interconnectedness. The everywhere Light."

Light-Beyond-Nemesis.jpg

Torso: Purifier Robes

"Fire is the breaking of bonds. Fire is freedom. We must be swift and thorough in our liberation."

canvas.png

Gauntlets: Sunbreakers

"When one can wield the fire of stars, what use is flesh and bone?"

Destiny_Sunbreakers.jpg

Legs:Tattered Greaves

"Transformation is not always revelation."
Spektar Haliaetus Legs.png

Other Details:

Height: 5'9

Weight: 134 Lbs

Armor almost is never removed around others

Name: Varien Ember, The Sunsinger

Nickname: Flaming Canary, Professor Ember

Weapon: The First Curse, The Last Word, and Raze-Lighter

Weapon Appearance: (Both use Burn Dust)

The Last Word

"Yours. Not mine." —Renegade Hunter Shin Malphur to Dredgen Yor

WEAPON The Last Word.png

The First Curse

"...is when death becomes an afterthought."

WEAPON The First Curse.png

Raze-Lighter

"With your own hands you forged the mighty Raze-Lighter. Now take it in hand and feed its flames."

image.jpg

Emblem:

image.jpg

Hunter/Huntress: Hunter

From what area do you reside?: Vale

Personality- Very smart, kind to almost anyone, knows how to pick his allies

Skills: Very good with the use of his guns and semblance.

Weaknesses: High-resistance enemies, Fire-proof enemies, Armor Piercing

History: Varien grew up in an orphanage. From a very young age he adored books, hunters, and especially fairy tales. He knew what he wanted to do since he discovered his semblance, become a hunter and defend his home. Some time after his training had begun, the other kids found out. To be specific, three of the biggest ones there. Varien never learned their real names, they always demanded to be called "King", "Bishop", and "Knight". One day, they approached him. They beat him black and blue, calling him names and telling him that he's too weak to become a hunter. The beatings continued daily, the matron tried to do something, but failed. This continued until he snapped. They had decided to assault Varien just as he had lifted a flame from his normal practicing spot. Immediately after the first hit, they were burned, charred to the bones. He didn't know if they felt pain and sincerely wish they hadn't, even if the other kids had. They treated him like a hero, even though he felt like a villain.

Relationships: Professor at Beacon

Dislikes: Crime of any sort, arrogance, removing his armor around others

Semblance:

Sun Singing

Summary:

Sun Singing is the ability to manifest his Aura of fire into different forms of grenades and other abilities, such as gliding, blinking, or a melee attack.

Solar Grenade: 

This grenade will, when thrown, activate on the spot it landed. When activated, it produces a ball of fire, causing any enemies caught in it to catch fire and burn. This is his preferred style of grenade.

Firebolt Grenade:

This grenade, when thrown, will send out five bolts of fire that each seek out the nearest enemy. This grenade is his least used grenade. 

Fusion Grenade:

This grenade, when thrown, will explode, setting any enemies within its radius on fire. This grenade may latch onto an enemy to cause extra damage.

Scorch:

Scorch is Varien's melee attack. When Varien attacks using the palms of his hands. When Scorch is used, it will ignite the enemy it comes in contact with as well as reduce a small amount of incoming damage for a short time and cause the enemy to explode if it's a killing blow.

Radiance:

(Lasts 20 seconds)

When activated, Varien bursts into flames, wings of fire appearing upon his back. This will reduce the cooldown on his grenades (25 seconds each, 5 when Radiance is active), reduce any incoming damage by 25%, boost any nearby allies abilities. Lastly, when Varien falls in battle, he may activate his Radiance and be revived. When he revives, a shockwave is sent out, disorienting allies and enemies alike. Between each Radiance, there is a cooldown of one hour. That cooldown becomes three days if he is resurrected.

Other/Misc:

Quotes:

"You're just like a moth flittering towards a flame..."

"Vereor Nox."

"Evil is evil. Lesser. Greater. Middling. The degree is arbitrary. The definition is blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all."

"I would rather welcome Death's cold embrace than allow my team to fall."

"Please...Never forget my name. Even if I've long gone insane and my soul is lost to the raging flames."

"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."

"Staying quiet doesn't mean I've nothing to say. It means that I don't think you're ready to hear my thoughts."

"I shall cover you with my hand until I have passed."

"Make your life a chronicle, not a fact file."

"At the end of the day, it isn't where I came from. Maybe home is somewhere I'm going and never have been before."

"There are two types of people in this world. The ones with problems, and the ones you do not know well enough to know they have problems."

"If every hour wounds, let us sit a minute."

"The truth is...I'm afraid of what my destiny may hold in store for me. Maybe I'll have a wonderful life full of love, or I might fall in battle and my name be lost in the ashes of my defeat."

"The human heart beats approximately 4,000 times per hour and each pulse, each throb, each palpitation is a trophy engraved with the words 'you are still alive.' You are still alive. Act like it."

"Listen, you don't have to remind someone to care."

"What used to be and what's supposed to be, is not reality."

"Something really worth it won't make you feel worthless."

"Love is when you care more about someone else's suffering more than your own."

"No power comes without it's cost, no matter how big or small."

"There is no embarrassment in seeking what you truly desire."

"My scars are a reminder of my greatest success and biggest failure."

"Devil's never cry."

"For me, 'home' is the fire in my soul and the bullets in my guns."

"Am I the dream of a sleeping god? Or the nightmare of a dead one?"

"I let those boys feel every lash, every curse, every touch of malice that they had laid upon me."

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, accepted for now just don't go super crazy with the semblance. I know you are a teacher so a little over is acceptable but still.

please tell me this char is a reference to the sunsinger subclass for warlocks in Destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread