Problems

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
I'm hard pressed at the moment, I really am, to come up with something new and exciting for Exalted. I really want to run something that is somewhat local and yet epic in its own way (though most things in Exalted turn out this way). I was thinking of an old idea from the Book of Three Circles when they talked about Lvl 5 artifacts. A great device which siphons out the essence of all local manses and enslaves the entire population of a region.

Obviously something from the First Age of Solar design, but to what purpose? I'm thinking of using the old "mad king" scenario of a Solar before the Usurpation. Perhaps his old manse reverts back online after milliennia of silence. In that it activates an artifact inside of it, locked away for generations, his Golden Crown, to which he used to distil his own Exalted spark and essence into a small and mutable enough form in which to store it in a artifact of power (I see it akin to distilling a spell).

That was my first idea to run with, the other, probably something that was akin to one of my favorite games of all time, Myth, made by Bungie a long time ago. I loved the world and the journal entries and all of that. I would love to take a piece of Creation and make it that land, under siege by a Deathlord and his most powerful Abyssals and who knows what else, but I need to prep them.

It's just very hard to come up with anything new. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard or not enough. Just really frustrated and I would love to run, but I can't think of what. Hell, if any of these ideas sound good I'd run with them. What does anyone think?

Obviously something from the First Age of Solar design, but to what purpose? I'm thinking of using the old "mad king" scenario of a Solar before the Usurpation. Perhaps his old manse reverts back online after milliennia of silence. In that it activates an artifact inside of it, locked away for generations, his Golden Crown, to which he used to distil his own Exalted spark and essence into a small and mutable enough form in which to store it in a artifact of power (I see it akin to distilling a spell).
Instead of saying that it is some First Age Solar's manse/artifact/mcguffin that is malfunctioning, why not use the Perfect's scepter as the not quite right thing?

I love the myth idea.  PM me (or make a thread for myth) if you'd like some help on that one, and I'll try to fit something in my schedule.  I am only familiar with myth 2 however, but I definintely enjoyed that game.

Documentry?

Huh?

What?

I likes palindromes...

Just remove the punctuation and

A M A N A P L A N A C A N A L P A N A M A

kakitashinsumi said:
Documentry?
Huh?

What?

I likes palindromes...

Just remove the punctuation and

A M A N A P L A N A C A N A L P A N A M A
I know it's a palindrome... It's also the title of a documentary about the Panama Canal.

A great device which siphons out the essence of all local manses and enslaves the entire population of a region ... but to what purpose?
Suppose there is a city deep in the Wyld. Since the Usurpation, a handful of solars have maintained and ruled it with and iron fist, holding off the assault of the Wyld (and near constant Fair Folk aggression) for centuries. They've held the city mostly intact, but they are losing.

In desparation, they've uncovered (perhaps with demonic assistance) a way to create a conduit between their city and the mcguffin, pulling the energy of the area around the mcguffin to them, allowing them to push back the Fair Folk threat.

Now, however, they have no choice but to keep using the mcguffin. And it's addictive. Oh, and the solars have probably all gone through limit breaks repeatedly by now.

Fortunately for our heroes, the conduit created by the mcguffin allows them to transport to the city, though if they shut it down while there, they may not be able to get back.

Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back