Problem Players

Jakk the thing is, from his posts it looks like he wont admit there is anything wrong, and you cant do anything unless you first admit there is a problem, at least with yourself

MH--Which is why I shared a bit of my own tale.  It's hard to admit that you might be screwed up when you think everyone else around you couldn't understand what the heck happened.  

And by his posts, I think that he does understand that there are some things that are screwy.  He might get defensive, but that's a natural reaction and coping mechanism.  It just seems that he's reached a point where that coping mechanism is stuck, and it is keeping him from getting any better--which is why I'm suggesting professional help.

Me, I thought I was coping fine.  I got good grades, I had good friends, I had a nice life.  And I was deluded as crap about how well I coped.  I was a very angry man for a long time, and while I cared about folks, I could lash out very badly, and I was very good at finding folks' faults, and exploiting them when I thought it was neccessary.  I might have had very good intentions, but I was a manipulative bastard at times, and I took far too much pleasure in bouncing for a lot of years.  

It wasn't until I got some help that I could sort out some of the short circuits, the missed paths of causation, and get down to why I did a lot of the things I did.

I'm a much happier man now.  Not perfect by any means, but certainly calmer, and while I make no claims of being a very nice man, I'm certainly nicer and better centered than I was.  I at least understand and can try to head off and recognize when I'm being a selfish bastiche.  

And I hope that we might be able to help reach EM in this, because I think that he has the potential to be helped, and I think that he knows that he's a bit screwed up.

And that's OK.  That's not a crime.  It's what you do after you realize that you're a bit screwy that determines the path, and it sometimes takes folks years to figure that out.

:shock:  ... Ok, this has got to be one of the trippiest, most disturbing, oddly-amusing threads I have seen in a long, long time. I keep trying to imagine explaining this thread to someone in casual conversation ("... bla bla rule-mongering... anti-social ... disturbing living situation ... defloration of 13-year old ... medieval torture methods ... " etc).

It was a bumpy ride. And surprisingly enough, educational.

cheers

The only thing that separates the Off-Topic forum from the rest is that the threads there start off-topic. The others get there on their own ;)

-S

Ker'ion wants to wipe out human race to save the world and he is far more fucked up than I. I base my sanity on not being as nuts as him

LOL :lol:

Funny thing is, I generally think the same thing.

Of course, a (paranoid schizophrenic hedonist) mixed with a (paranoid sociopathic zealot) is a very disturbing combination. :shock:

We get someone who doesn't care about anything, watches his back like crazy, thinks he's always right in his cause, and wants

to kill everyone for a lark.

Me thinks that one is a bit nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back