• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Private: Twins, Spy... Oh my!

((<.<))

*My expression goes blank and I nod to them as they walk off. As the door shuts I feel my entire being itching to do the thing I was raised to do all my life. Spy.*

*I admit, i felt a little guilty spying on my friends. It wasn't right... but let's establish now, that i'm not exactly a good person. I've killed people, I've stolen information, I acted as a double agent once against a rival company and betrayed the people there when they trusted and respected me. I felt my face harden in seriousness as I slip up to the door without making a single sound. I stood still, even my breath and heart rate slowed dramatically, just as I had trained my body to do when on the job. I pull my phone out of my pocket and motion for Mogwai to start a recording. This made my conscious hate me even more. I was torn between the benefit of the doubt for my friends and my trained instincts...*

Nari... We've got some bad news.

*My lips form a straight line. Gracier's hard, steely, gravelly voice which had once sent chills of fear down my spine now was known to console me, give me closure from that event which still haunts both myself and my brother. However, hearing him say that he's got bad news... After the last assignment he was on... Is never a good thing.* Please tell me you found out who it is..? *My brown eyes glisten, widening in hope. However, a pit appearing in my stomach instantly assures me that my hope will be short lived. As it was..*

No, my dear... I'm sorry. Just as we were getting the information, their firewall blocked us out. All we managed to retrieve was a name, though we're pretty sure it's a fake one. We've got several copies of old citizenship databases, and this name used to not exist. So we're going to try agai- *I cut him off, tears burning at the backs of my eyes as I shake my head and hold up a hand* No... Just wait, Gracier... What was the name?

It doesn't really matter, Nar-

No! I asked for the name, so... Tell me!

Nari. The name is fake, we've got no other information on this person. There's no reason for you to worry yourself ov-

JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN NAME, GRACIER!

*Everyone went silent. No one raises their voice to Gracier. And I'd just full-on screamed at him. My eyes go wide in terror, and Nolan immediately rushes over to stand protectively in front of me, as if the man before us would be able to crawl out the screen and attack me. And by his furious expression, I would hardly doubt that possibility.*

You will receive no information on this investigation until we get something substantial. I understand this is important to the both of you, but I will not tolerate being treated weakly as you just exhibited.

*Then, the screen went black. He ended the call. Nolan and I's one lifeline, the one chance we have to figure out who's responsible... The one and only chance we have to know who it is that sent us spiraling into these awful lives, these painful, painful existences... Left. And I can feel myself breaking down.

My knees feel weak beneath me, making me unable to hold myself up as I begin falling to the ground. However, before I can meet the unforgiving floor Nolan wraps his arms around me, slowly bringing both of us down. He sits me in his lap, brushing my hair back with one hand while the other is wrapped tightly around my chest, rocking us back and forth.* Hey, Nar... It's not a big deal, okay? He didn't say he's going to stop the investigation, he just said that he's not going to give us those weekly updates, anymore. And that's probably for the best, right? Now we won't get our hopes up only to find out they know nothing... No news is good news, and we'll keep with that.

*For a few moments, silence once more falls over us. I feel as though I want to cry, but no tears come out. I also feel like I want to scream, but I can't seem to make a sound. My body feels restless, like I need to run for miles to release all this pain and energy, yet I'm stuck. Completely and totally frozen in my brother's comforting arms. And it's only once he speaks again that I find myself able to close my mouth that had been left slightly agape.*

It's been almost twelve years, Nar. It'll take more than just three for them to figure everything out. They didn't even know about them until they found us. That gives those bastards enough time to cover their tracks, clean everything up, make it seem like they just vanished into thin air... *He tightens his hold on me a bit more, protectively* But they'll get them... I'm sure of it. And I promise you that when they do, we'll both get the closure we need.

*I nod, still unable to say anything. Nolan and I stay like that for another good ten minutes before I'm finally feeling emotionally strong enough to stand on my own two feet, and hold my hand out for Nolan. Though, when I speak you can still hear the weakness to my tone.* Yuki-chan knows how to fight... She said she'll teach us- we just can't ask where she learned... If we learn to fight, maybe they'll be proud of us... Maybe they'll finally realize that we're not just useless bums... Maybe, they'll be proud of us. *A small smile crosses both our lips as he takes my hand and stands. However, I don't miss the flash of emotion in my brother's eyes as I'm still unable to address them properly. It's still too fresh a wound, even through nearly twelve years have passed. Nolan hugs me once more, stroking my hair in a soothing manner.* That's great, Nari. Now, let's get back out there to her before she starts worrying. *I nod and take in a deep breath, trying to compose myself before taking my brother's hand tightly within my own, trying to gain some strength from him as we start toward the door.*

((OOoooooooooooh shiz~ That makes things a lot more interesting >:3))

*I was shocked beyond belief at everything I just heard, but I had to force myself to dart quickly away from the door when they ended their conversation and kneel in front of their stacks of movies. I formed a convincing bright Yukina-face and pretended too look through all of the movie titles in interest. I didn't have time to even think about what I just heard or i'd certainly give myself away. I'm sure Mogwai turned off the recording by now so all I had to do was try and act normal before I could leave...*

((Hehehe, I thought so! >:3))

*Completely oblivious to the fact that Yuki-chan had been listening, or had in fact been anywhere but where she was when Nolan and I reentered the living room, I gently pull away from my brother and mask over my true emotions. With a bright smile on my face, I rush over and plop down next to my friend* So! Find anything you'd like to watch? *Nolan watches me cautiously, knowing just how dangerous it is for me to actually hide my emotions like that... But I've done it for years now, not like this would cause me more mental damage. Even the doctor said that I'm okay.*

*But Nolan knows he said that only to sate me. In truth, it's more dangerous for my mental state than I realize.*

*I chuckle and turn to them both.* I don't know much about movies really... These all look interesting but I've never been one to watch them...

*I giggle softly before reaching out and pulling Big Hero 6 off the shelf.* This one's new... And OMG... It's, lyke, sooooo cuuuute! *I squeal in excitement, speaking in English like a 'valley girl'.*

*I laugh a little halfheartedly and stand up.* I saw that one, It does look cute. *I pull out my phone to fake check the time.* Oh is that the time? I guess I should get going... *I silently curse at myself since my car is still at the school.*

*Yuki-chan speaks just as I'm placing the disk at the opening of the DVD player, and instantly a frown takes over my expression. I glance up and notice that school still has about 56 minutes until it's over, so I assume she just wants to leave.. Perhaps she really isn't comfortable in a house as small and dinky as ours, even if the interior seems rather lavish... However, I voice none of this as I stand up and plaster another believable smile on my face.* O-Oh.. Right. Um... Do you need Nolan and I to walk you back to the main road? Or back to the school?

*I hesitate for a moment and realize I must sound rude and edgy. I suddenly felt guilty for this new wariness I felt around the people I had just befriended. I half smile forms on my face and I nod, trying again to make my quick escape sound reasonable.* Yes please... I'm not to sure I know the way. *I chuckle.* I just want to get back before Cheif finds out I skipped school... I'm sure he made connections with my teachers while he was there. *I sighed.*

*Nolan and I both nod in understanding, but I can see it in my brother's face that he doesn't totally believe her... At least, he doesn't think she's telling the whole truth.* Sorry.. I guess I didn't really think about the fact that you've got a guardian who'd likely get mad if he found out. *I half smile before chuckling lightly and walking over to Yuki-chan, hooking my arm on hers before grinning widely and starting toward the front door, Nolan silently following behind.*

*I pause for a moment as they make that comment.* Er... well, don't you too? Have a guardian or someone I mean... *I bit my lip. Come to think of it, neither of them ever mentioned their parents and I hadn't seen any signs of adult life since I got here.... this whole place seems to actually be founded by just the two twins.*

*I stiffen, feeling my eyes burn with unshed tears as I lower my head. Nolan, on the other hand, manages to push through his pain as he walks up to stand next to me, comfortingly rubbing my arm.* Technically we do... But he's never actually around. We talk to him once a week, er, well... We used to. But recently he informed us we'd be talking to him less often. He sends us monthly allowances- just enough for us to get by, but that's all. Everything is pretty much up to us. *He shrugs, and I glare halfly at his vague reply... She's obviously going to realize he's hiding something by the way he explained more than necessary, but still dodged the question...*

*At this point, I could more or less take a safe guess that they didn't have parents anymore... having been in the same boat with my own no-show of a 'guardian'. It was only natural to assume their parents were disassociated with them or deceased. Either way I frowned with true sorrow for them both and looked at the ground.* I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked.

*Again I push down my emotions, forcing a smile as I shake my head to Yuki-chan* No, no need to apologize. Our parents.... Died... A long time ago. And its really not a big deal about Gracier. Nolan makes him sound awful useless, but he buys me all the art materials, and Nolan all his science-y stuff, in addition to the allowance... He's quite nice.

*I nodded. I was again conflicted as my trained instincts began to bubble up again along with my suspicion. So this "Gracier" is their guardian... I shook the thoughts again though, continuing to frown.* I see... I never really knew my parents, myself...

*I knew that people held their parents in high regard, and that many young individuals cared for and loved their parents... but it was never something I could fully relate to. Even with having Chief, I didn't even consider him my guardian, even if i'm his adopted daughter by law. The whole company helped raise me, it was like being raised by allies rather than comforting and caring parental figures.*

*I turn and smile sympathetically to Yuki-chan. Not a pitiful smile, but one that showed I understood what she went through.* Do you have any memories of them, at all?

*Nolan turns his head as well, quite curious of her answer. It made him happy to learn new things about Yuki-chan, as did I. Neither of us ever really had large groups of friends, so it's nice when we're able to make new ones.*

*I cringe away slightly at there sudden interest in the matter and uncomfortably avoid eye contact.* Chief told me that I was planned to be put up for adoption from the time my biological mother knew she was pregnant. I never met either of my parents nor do I know who they are... *My eyes narrow and my eyebrows come together a little.*

*I nod slowly, before rather suddenly a thought comes to mind. Granted, it's likely not a good one.. And Nolan would probably kill me for almost outing us like I'm about to do, but... I don't really care.* Do you want to know? *I quirk an eyebrow to my friend.* Nolan's great on his computers... he could probably find something out- help find out who your birth parents are?

*My face goes blank, almost cold and hard with cruel lack of emotion. Even my voice came out flat.* Thank you, but no. I don't wish to have any affiliation with the people who didn't want anything to do with me. *I blink after a moment and look at them apologetically.* Er... anyway... shouldn't we be going?

*Nolan and I both back up slightly, feeling almost prosecuted by Yuki-chan's tone. However, I force a smile back on my face and Nolan goes back to his normal rather emotionlessness as he nods and takes the lead to continue back to the school.* Yeah. Classes end in about fifteen minutes, so there's a short cut that'll take us around to the football field.

*I let out a quiet sigh of relief. I wanted to go home... my nerves were fried.* Sounds good to me.

*I walk beside Yuki-chan, my entire being calming a bit as we once more pass the waterfall's sounds, but are unable once again to see it. However, in the back of my mind I still had this irritatingly nagging feeling that Yuki-chan at least suspected more than was healthy and okay for her to suspect... And that scared me. Gracier is extremely protective of Nolan and my identities, of his identity, their identities... It'd be awful if she were to find out, and even worse if she tried to look into it... I guess I can only hope she was telling the truth, even though by Nolan's silence I'm pretty sure he suspects the same as me.. And that's even more terrifying.*

*I hear the waterfall again and again wonder where the source of it was exactly. I didn't ask, however as I continued silently along with Nari and Nolan. There was a faint tensity between us all that wasn't there before the whole incident with 'Graicer'. I swallowed as I felt my phone suddenly feel heavy in my pocket, containing a recording of that conversation... I didn't dare tell Chief about it... Not at least until I knew what was going on. I'd have to make Mogwai keep what he heard a secret.*

*Another few silent minutes pass by as we walk, then directly ahead I see the school's excessively bedazzled football field and stands. I glance over to Nolan and see that he already is looking at me. That would have normally caught me off guard, if not for the silverish/white car, sleek and subtle, with tinted black windows. We both knew that car all too well, and we both knew that me want Gracier truly is angry with me. I take in a subtle breath, both myself and my twin snapping our gazes away from one another. I look again toward the oversized school building looming over us on the faint hill in the distance, while Nolan takes this chance to look at Yukina-chan with faint smile, hoping to distract from my uneasy and timid expression.* Well, that's the school, right up there... Just go in the big navy blue door marked "Roof Access" and it'll let you on a staircase with no cameras. Go to the second floor and walk straight down that hallway, don't turn until you hit the dead end. Then go to your left; which is the bathrooms. Then you can go wherever you want, and can just claim to have left the bathroom.

*I nodded with a smile* Thank you. *I turn to look at both of them. My face is passive as I look back and forth between them, but inside I'm falling apart with confliction. I wanted to trust them... I wanted to have normal friends.... I wanted to be a normal friend... Tears sprung to my eyes and I lifted my chin a little in an odd sort of defiance. What exactly I was defying I didn't know.* Thank you for letting come over to your house. Maybe you can both visit mine soon, and I'll teach you to fight. *I hesitated before adding.* I hope... we can continue to be friends... *I narrowed my eyes slightly as my words had a sort of double meaning to them. Soon the time will come were they were as suspicious of me as I was of them. Perhaps they already were. So, with that, I turned on my heel, not waiting for a reply and walked off past the school, blatantly ignoring the "roof access" door.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back