• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Private rp planning

Who's idea was this? I can work with this guy. We have clashing interest, his father is a hamster, and his mother smells of elder berries.

So what we doing and why is it definitely not what “moremexthantex” wants to do.

Lol I now have a glimpse of the trouble you two get up to left to your devices haha!!

Well, texmex mentioned wanting to do a dnd esque fantasy story with some workd building.

My vote is for sci fi fantasy. I have way too many just fantasy. Moder fantasy would be cool too.

Im down for either! I do have a modern fantasy plot that recently became free lol... when im home I can post the generics and see if you guys like it at all

So Enolx and I each have an idea for a story. What we figured we would do is each post our idea, if you have one you can post it too, and then we vote on which of the two or three we like the best and work on that one?

The idea I had has an ocean/forest type setting. Think of an oceanside with cliffs, mountains, and trees. Smaller sleepy esque town. Old large Victorian ish mansions. (In my head I’m picturing Locke and Key or The Widow in Black as a setting reference if that helps). Below is some of the history:

In past years, a Shadowmancer started to come to power. He worked with armies to conquer city after city. As his reign and power grew, so did his twisted darkness. The places he conquered often fell into chaos and despair. People began to realize that the darkness and devastation were emanating from the shadowmancer. Everywhere he went, his powers twisted nature and magic around him. His influence would cause others to turn to darkness and commit evil deeds. Fearing that he would take over the world and destroy it, several lines of power got together and plotted to destroy him. They realized he had grown too powerful to be killed, recent battles had shown he had necromantic abilities as well. Fearing he would not stay dead, they sealed him away. It took a representative from each line of magic (maybe 7?) to complete the binding. Once sealed away, they all went separate ways taking with them their key to the part of the spell that might release him.

While unable to get free from his prison, the shadowmancer worked and chipped away at the magic holding him. Over time, he began to realize he could sense the world and passage of time. This spurred him on to push harder and he pushed at his bonds until he could at least release some of his influence. Still unable to be free, he began to influence people to do evil, push for wars, ect. Time continued to pass and he managed to gather a group of followers. The more they learned about him, the stronger he grew. He realized his powers tied directly to the number of people that knew of his existence. Wanting to be free, he began encouraging people to follow him, commit atrocities in his name, or even worship him as a god.

My character is following the path of her older sister to their family home. When they were younger, their parents were killed in a supposed car crash and the sisters were sent to live with their aunt and uncle. When her older sister turned 21, the will her parents left behind kicked in and the sister received the house, money, and all items left behind. The older sister became curious about their family's history and went to explore the house. As she did, she began digging into things about their parents and discovered they were somehow involved in what seemed like a cult. Through her research, she found herself getting in too deep and disappeared.

Cue the younger sister, my main. While she had no interest in her family's history and hadn’t originally traveled to their family home, with her sister missing she was heading there now. I figure the start of the story is her showing up to town to follow her sisters trail. Kind of a mix of mystery and magic. I think the shadowmaster has made this his main location and is close to breaking through his seal here. There could be a guardian at this location trying to stop him from breaking loose. There is also a cult here, dedicated to the shadowmaster. Due to his powers being nearly free, he is causing havoc and chaos in the town as well. During my character's search, she’ll also discover that her family’s bloodline is tied to one of the sects that sealed the shadowmaster away.

The idea would be trying to keep the shadowmaster from breaking out, fighting against the cult of magicians/followers, and/or trying to find a way to seal him back up once he’s free. It’s kind of just a framework at the moment that can be shifted or adjusted as needed.

Basically Jumanji
A group plays a video game they found online that pulls them into the game. The twist is that the game is random, and the number of games that you have to beat before leaving is random also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back