• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories - Christmas Special

Lara
"It is indeed a cold day, Phantom. Your snake would freeze to death. Xavier, I'm sorry to say this, but I have nothing belonging to her. I guess we'll need to rely on Xiopetec." She smiled slightly and let the snake charmer take control of the direction of her wheelchair. She was a little nervous of having the reptile around her neck, but the animal seemed calm around her. Lara poked softly the cobra's tail and it wrapped itself a little more tightly to her neck. She felt the snake's heart beat closer to her neck. It really seemed like the animal fled from any source of cold. Lara knew little of earth snakes and she felt no danger coming from Xiopetec, it only looked like the animal looked to rest.

Sander's snakes were a lot more aggressive and venomous, but this one was so docile that Lara thought for a second that snakes could be good pets.

She continued to chat with the two performers and, by doing so, she got the information of the sudden change of the dragon attraction in advance. Lara then told them that it would be best to go back to the scene to find them faster. With all the crowd slowly moving towards there, they had a better chance of finding her. The group of performers began to change direction when a gust lifted up the snow like a thin curtain of dust and forced Xiopetec to go under Lara's beanie in an instant.

"Poor thing. Wait, that dude is flying towards...the direction of the stage, how clever!"

Lara and the rest continued their way when a small wave take a group of people over it and pushing back others.
"My, looks like some clever mages want to copy the first one. Shame that they are making harder for the rest of us."
Among those who were pushed, Elesis, Darhan and a man she didn't know popped from the human ocean. They were slightly wet by the mist that the wave had created and Darhan was shivering from the cold shower he had received. It looked like he was the closest one from where the wave had appeared.

"First, we lose Lara. Then we ask a stranger to help us, which didn't work out. And now, we're at risk of hypothermia. Just perfect!"
"The first problem is solved, my dear."
"Oh, Lara! What a relief. Achoo!"
Lara smiled and waved at the swordswoman. Darhan let out a sigh of relief and began to get up although his ice-covered clothes hindered his movements.
"Thank Yggdrasil. Are you ok?"
"Yes, I am. I'm really glad I found you this quickly. We need to warm you up, fast."

Lara sighed and asked the soldier to use her magic to warm them all up, specially Darhan. The Blazing Heart nodded and, in an instant, a small flame formed on the ground and grew just enough for all people to warm up. Darhan had too much ice on him to move comfortably, so he didn't notice the snake that slid down Lara's head to go back to her neck. Lara's gaze turned towards the group that continued to push people to get to the Santa Event and she glared at them. Whoever those elemental mages were, they'd hear a word or two from her.

She looked back at the three people in front of her and cocked an eyebrow at the black-haired man. He was probably the stranger that Darhan had mentioned before. Lara thanked Phantom and Xavier from their help and Elesis got the idea of sharing a part of her cake as a means of thanking everyone for their efforts and to warm them up. They were stuck in the crowd anyway.

"Wonderful idea Elesis. Xavier, Phantom, do you have time to accompany us for a while longer? Take at least a slice before going, it's the least I can do to thank all of you. That goes for you too, Mister."

Late Late Phant0m Phant0m NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Xavier was happy that Lara got back with her original group and looked interested for a slice of cake. He as well was pleased for the cold breeze though felt a bit odd to feel the warmth of the flame at the same time. The man shivered slightly in reaction, holding out his hands to feel the warmth from the flame. It was rather strange to feel, as if he was missing this certain element yet felt already full with what he have. He sighed lightly and went ahead to study Lara’s group of friends.

None of them were familiar to him, except maybe the red hair knight but he avert his eyes elsewhere after staring for too long. Komodo perked up at the flame in the middle and he went right ahead to roll himself in it yet Xavier once again stopped the dragon from doing that.

“I don’t mind a slice, I’m sure my partner can wait a little bit longer for me. Honestly he can do a lot on his own, so I don’t think a slice of cake will hurt,” Xavier said happily, his tail of ice crystal curled up.

MementoDei MementoDei Phant0m Phant0m NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Last edited:
Ash
He was surprised by the sudden appearence of all these newcomers. When he noticed the woman sitting on the wheelchair, he guessed this person to be the one Durahan was looking for. Seeing how everyone was cold Ash pulled out a cylinder from his inner coat. "Day's like this a little coco comes a long way." Ash had two cups and offered them to Durahan and the lady in the wheelchair. "It's a recipe I trying out, not to sweet but just the right touch to warm ya right up!" Ash said with a smile. "Never thought Cai Er's suggestion would come in handy on a day like this." During the winter Cai Er would love to venture around the city, being that it was cold she began making Ash carry coco inside a heat sealing container made by the local blacksmith. She said it would be a revolutionary item, who would've thought she was right.
MementoDei MementoDei

He tried his best to apologize to the citizens that they passed on by, which made this more of a strange sight to see. A supposedly crazy person laughing his way across the line and an apologizing lookalike riding along. They both had found out that the dragon sleigh had been moved to where they originally were. Gaining an irritated growl from his brother, he simply shrugged and suggested they move back again. He wanted to suggest they go back the fair way, but his brother wouldn't have it and they simply rode off once more.

Just as they rode off to where they originally came from, the stage in the center of the town, others were following them on a trail of water. Surprised, but not overly surprised, he waved towards them with a friendly smile. Honestly, he hadn't been smiling too much even before Christmas, so his face slightly twitched. But he tried smiling anyway, hoping they didn't notice the twitch.

Heavengiver Heavengiver

Phantom chuckled as he watched Xiopetec move closer to the flame before he coaxed her back on to his arm. “I have plenty of time to kill before Xiopetec and I are needed at our booth to perform. I’m sure the other snakes haven’t arrived yet for me to perform anyway...so cake sounds great!” He grinned and Xiopetec hissed at him.

She was leaning very close to the flame and was very displeased that her handler was keeping her away from the warmth. The cobra opened her hood and snapped her jaws at his hand.

“You’re gonna set yourself on fire!” Phantom snapped and then he gave a low hiss as he made eye contact with his snake.

Xiopetec closed her hood, gave a low hiss in return, and then slithered under Phantom’s hood.

“Thank you keeping my cobra warm Lara,” Phantom thanked before giving a small shimmie with his hips and sighed. “I see she went to my other warm spot to get her revenge on me.”

Late Late NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 MementoDei MementoDei

Lento laughed at the display of people flying and mages using water glad that he wasn’t caught in the crossfire. He had heard of the dragon-led Santa sleigh but he withheld his interest. He can see it a different day...preferably when the crowd of people gathering there was more manageable.

He looked over to his left to see a untouched, covered booth. “So the snake charmer is my neighbor? I guess that guy is the only one not set up in time,” Lento thought aloud as he leaned next to his casket, a prop for one of his acts for when he finally can go on stage for his magic show.

“Snakes in this temperature? I guess they figured I can use magic to keep them warm but I’m not well versed with the fire element.” Lento returned to watching the crowd and keeping an eye out for passerbys to do a little show for.

Lara
"Thank you, Sir." She said to the man after taking in her hands the cup of hot cocoa he was offering. Darhan also took it without hesitation, mainly due to the cold. He thanked the man as his shivers began to fade away. Elesis began to cut the cake and gave a slice to everyone around. Once everyone was eating, Lara turned slightly to the side to hear Phantom thank her. Lara chuckled at the snake's behaviour and replied:

"It was a pleasure, Phantom. Xiopetec is adorable."
"A cobra? You kept a venomous snake warm?"
Lara closed her eyes and got closer to Darhan to pat his shoulder. She knew how worried he might have been after losing her in the crowd and knowing that she had kept a snake around didn't help.
"Well, yes I did. It didn't bite me, so it's all good, don't worry. The most important thing is that we're now together again."

Elesis nodded in agreement as she took a bite of her slice. It was delicious and she hummed to the sweet taste it brought to her tongue. Lara took a sip of the hot cocoa at the same time as Darhan finished his and they both complimented Ash for the flavour of the drink, perfectly synchronized.

Elesis stared at them for a minute and said:

"No wonder you two ma-"
"Elesis, remember what I said."
"Darhan, these people have been good to all of us. Besides, we wear our rings all the time, it's no secret."

Lara took his hand in hers and he sighed, murmuring that she was right. He remembered what he was holding in his free hand and he gave it to her. She took it and thanked him for keeping it with him. The fear in both of their hearts had been swept away.

Late Late Phant0m Phant0m NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash

He looked at the couple with a smile, "I can say I've seen about almost everything this city has to offer, hope you two have long lives together!" Ash said. He felt warm inside by the amount of people around him. These were rare times that strangers could get along so well. He looked at the snake. 'Even you little guy." He talked a bit with the man who owned the snake, giving quick greetings, when Ash realized what time it was he quickly bowed his head. "Well I better make my way back, I've still got errands to run. If any of you need an order done for anything, just visit my shop. Can't miss it." Ash said, explaining as he gave a card with the shop's logo on it. With a giffy ash took a leap out of the crowd. When he landed he felt himself slide, falling on his ass. "Ow...this is why I retired." He said rubbing his knee slightly with a chuckle.

When Ash reached the shop he could see Cai Er inside running around handing out orders.
"Ah, the concert did just end...of course everyone would come for the pick ups."
MementoDei MementoDei Phant0m Phant0m

"Alright, who in their right mind WOULD USE WATER MAGIC IN THIS TEMPERATURE!?" He yelled as they were propelled.

"Lighten up, Dust. This is the fastest way to the dragon sleigh!" His sister replied back slightly annoyed about his tone.

"Lighten up!? I most certainly will NOT! My halal is in danger woman! You know what, since you're with friends they'll take care of you, if not just kick a guy in the nuts and a gal on whenever you want, I'm hungry and I'm getting my halal! End of story!"

"What are you gonna do? Jump off the water stream?" She asked with nonsense. At that time, a boy to his side was waving at him.

"You know what, maybe I will. Ren, you ready to jump off and get some halal?"
He then used his left hand and coiled as a speaker to the man beside him. "OY! WE'RE GETTING SOME HALAL! WANNA JOIN? FOLLOW US!" He then quickly let go of Raven's hand and jumped off, passing through the freezing water without a second thought.

"Are you insane!?" She screeched at him incredulously.

"No! I'm just hungry!" He replied before falling flat on his face on the snow, covered in water and a passing chilling wind to further increase the cold. "And apparently I'm also hypothermia." He shivered as he trended the snow next to a bum's barrel, using the fire to warm him up.

"He's a madman, he's really a madman! Ren, don't follow his example! Don't become like my brother!"

Heavengiver Heavengiver LegenDarius LegenDarius K KizayaTaishuro

Xavier was happy to have his share of cake until he remembers how he needs to take off his bandages just to eat. He frowned slightly, knowing that it probably will take him time to do all that so he decided it was best to eat the cake later. Probably after meeting back with Perkisas.

"Well, Lara, since we got you back to your group, I believe it's best that I'll be on my way for now," Xavier said to her. "But hey, just for meeting you, I can see if you can get you front row seats at my performance for the night!" He said cheerfully. "For anyone here really and maybe if Perkisas is feeling nice, we can let you guys have a closer look at our dragons." Xavier briefly took out his pocket watch to check the time and realized that he was rather late. "Oh shit, I really should be going, take care you guys," Xavier quickly said and left them as soon as he can.

MementoDei MementoDei Phant0m Phant0m NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Xavier ran back to the stage, apologizing every once in awhile for pushing people aside as he kept his cake safe. Komodo was following along, keeping up with Xavier's pace until they reached the stage. He got himself around the guard which caught the large man in surprise but let him be after noticing Xavier got a dragon following him in. Perkisas was holding out a wooden pipe flute, almost looking troubled until Xavier abruptly showed up.

"There you are," Perkisas snapped yet was surprised that Xavier switched the flute over for the slice of cake he was carrying.

"That's a thank you gift from the people I was with before. Sorry if I am late but I guess you got everything set here?" Xavier asked as he looked around the stage.

"That's right. We even set up a perimeter outside the stage for the dragons to take off with the sleigh. I was afraid I might end up playing the flute if you still feel insecure about...well you know," Perkisas said as he gestured around his mouth area.

"Don't worry too much about it, it's Christmas. I think I should just loosen up for today's performance," Xavier explained with a small sigh. He unwrapped his bandages gave a small weak smile at Perkisas as the other man frowned in response, mostly feeling bad for his partner as he suffered scars for going too far with his own magic.

"Well...if that is how you feel then fine. I just have to prepare a few magic seals around here, I don't want anything to catch on fire or ice," Perkisas said as he gestured towards the empty stage. "Go ahead and eat that cake, I don't think a slice would hurt your body."

"Damn right it won't," Xavier snorted as he took back his cake and eating it, walking around the stage for a moment to get a sense of the space they have to use around. It won't be long that they will have to catch clothes and get ready for their show.

Ren thought about it for a while. Halal was his favorite, but was it worth the hypothermia? Considering how violently Dust was shaking, Ren actually passed it up.

"Sorry, man! I don't think I wanna jump out, seeing how you're doing," Ren hollered. The elf took a small flask from his hip and tossed it out towards the fallen elf, and it landed on the snow beside him with a plop. "Here! It's not much but it might save you from the cold! Until next time!"

And there Ren went, along with the others in the strange water trail.

Fume Fume Heavengiver Heavengiver

They felt free for a time. Seeing the crowd part before them gave Siren the excuse to stand at the front of the wave and pretend that she's controlling the wave. One of the crazy boys flying around in front of them turned around and waved at them. Siren returns the favor by shouting back, "Hi there! Enjoying the view, boys~?"

"Siren, stop trying to flirt with every man that you see."

"Oh, come on! I'm a single woman ready to mingle!"

She tries to hold a conversation with the two brothers, shouting over the rush of water. "Where are you guys going? I bet we can get there faster!" Rain flinches at her sister's spoken challenge, and to her misfortune, the other brother stands up and faces them, crossing his arms and glowering at them with a cocky smirk.

"You think you can take us?! Oblivio, it's time we show them what we can do!"

"Rain, better put that training to use!"

"Raven, I hate that I'm always right when it comes to this sort of thing..."

"Welp, no turning back now."

But before any of them could start their race, Rena's brother hops off their wave and collapses on the floor. Ren throws something at him, but doesn't seem to want to join him.

"Rena, your brother is crazy."

"I-I hope he's okay. I didn't want to use hot water for this wave..."

"Last one to the stage has to pay for dinner! Prepare yourself, crazy woman!"

"You're on, psycho!"

Fume Fume LegenDarius LegenDarius K KizayaTaishuro

"Hell yeah, I'm not trynna pay for food if I don't have to!" Ren exclaimed as a yellow aura enveloped his legs. With that, he zoomed ahead past the water trail, almost splitting the thing in half like Moses. He ran like hell through Velder, only slowing down to read the signs toward the town center.

Heavengiver Heavengiver Fume Fume

After some time, Xavier and Perkisas were ready to get started now. It was getting dark and the stage was secured for the show. They briefly talked to Aisha about small changes, such as lighting and music but the mage was happy to help them out. She definitely was excited to see the performance as well the dragons being part of the show. They let Aisha give some company to Komodo as they have to change out their outfits.

When they came back, Aisha was rubbing Komodo's stomach as the small dragon seem ready to doze off in bliss. Though after smelling his trainer's scent, he perked up and roll over on his feet. Aisha looked up at them and gave a baffled look at Xavier.

"You're wearing that in this weather?" Aisha questioned in surprise at his clothes.

Xavier's clothes were rather revealing, showing off his upper body as he only was covered from the waist down. He gave a questionable look as Perkisas besides him sighed.

"I guess I forgot to say this but he adapts very well to this weather. He performs better like this, too," Perkisas explained. His own clothes were different but he was wearing thin layers.

Both seem to alternate colors of blue and red as well, both having interesting dragon tattoo designs of their color. It was fascinating to stare at for Aisha, as if she was staring at the ancient clothing of past dragon tamers yet at the same time she felt herself flustering as both have rather impressive bodies. She nearly stammered out her next words as she was about to get the lights going.

"W-well, let's get this show going then! I'll give you the signal when the curtains are going to be pulled," Aisha said as she started to head over to the equipment at the back.

Perkisas briefly nodded his head and waved his hands around to test out his magic. Wisps of bright, red flames trailed after his hands and not leaving behind any sort of smoke. Xavier smiled at his partner as he held his flute, knowing that his fellow dragon friends were excited to move around from the cold weather. They are probably waiting for their signal to fly on over to the stage right at this moment. Komodo was ready to start too, chirping as he stretched out his wings.

Lara
"Well, Thank you. Take care, Mister." She waved at the man that had helped Elesis and Darhan as she watched him go away. She continued to talk a little more with Xavier and Darhan even joined the conversation and got even a little exited when Xavier revealed to be a dragon tamer.

Alas, it was also time for him to go.

"I'm grateful for your offer, Mr. Xavier. We'll see you soon in your show. Thank you for taking care of her."
"Take care, Xavier. I'll look forward to see your show. Best of luck~"
Lara smiled at the man that was heading back to the stage where he was needed. Lara looked up to see the giant wave gain more speed and a man get off it.

"I hope no one pushed him." Lara mumbled.

"So, you're up to see some dragons?" Said Elesis after swallowing the last bite from her piece of cake. Lara nodded and the trio began to head to the centre of the town more easily. Most of the crowd was already there and thanks to Xavier's offer, all of them could sneak around to find a place in the front row.

"Are you feeling better, my dear?"
"I've stopped shivering and I have you by my side, I couldn't be feeling any better."

Lara smiled and they began to wait for the event to begin.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Late Late

Ash

He quickly ran through the back entrance, when he saw Cai Er running all over the place with her hands stuffed with tickets he couldn't help but laugh. "Ahaha! Ohh Cai Er, here let me help you~" Ash half of the tickets and began carefully picking out the packages he had all set this morning.

Cai Er was stunned for a little, then anger consumed her,
"Holy El Ash! Were have you been?! I've been at it with this mess trying to get all these orders right! Why couldn't you make it easier for people to find things yeah!?" Cai Er yelled. Ash rolled his eyes, the system he had was very simple, it was the A-Z meathod with numbers 1-10. Once A10 was take it would switch over to B1 and so on and so forth. Cai Er would mistaken orders being that she had a habit of only looking at the letters. "You just need to calm down, look at the full number next time and you'll be done in a jiffy." He said, handing a boy and his father a basket with bread rolls and turkey slices. "You'll grow gray hairs ya know." Ash said teasingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back