• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✧ Prequel: The Beginning ✧

tumblr_npss17Q9c71r2qqhfo3_500.gif

Penelope Annette Hottle
Hogwarts Train | Morning | A little better
Penelope looked up when she heard the door close to see the dark haired boy from earlier. She sniffled and tried to wipe her tears away, but they just kept coming. She felt bad for crying, but those kids had been so mean to her! When Keith rubbed her back, it reminded her of her mom and she felt a little better. Her crying slowed down and she used the sleeve of her sweater to wipe away her tears. At least not everyone on the train was mean. She even managed to giggle when he exaggerated the way he was eating. The little brunette appreciated what the boy was doing with her. She sniffled and nodded, then saw the door open again. Her eyes were red from crying, but she'd managed to calm most of her crying down. A taller girl entered their compartment and quickly apologized, but then she did something that surprised Penelope: she sat down and tried to comfort her. Maybe... maybe most of the kids at the scary new school were nice, like these kids, and she had just stumbled into the wrong compartment where the only mean kids were. Maybe she had just gotten off on the wrong foot.

Penelope was a little scared to speak because she thought her voice might crack and she might start crying again if she explained what happened, so she was eternally grateful when Keith spoke for her. She just nodded and frowned. She cleared her throat and quietly added. "They called me a house elf... and said my blood was m-muddy..." she explained, doing her best not to cry again, though the tears were starting to well up again. She blinked them back and turned her attention to Keith, who was offering the girl cookies. She nodded in agreement and said, "you're right, we don't need them." Saying that out loud made her feel a little more confident that the words were true. She sat up a little straighter and looked at the new girl. "What's your name?" she asked, wanting to make another friend. She picked up one of the cookies and took a bite of it. The familiar taste reminded her of home and made her feel a little better.

teenage witch teenage witch Aster Aster

595d48f3da24fba42919b237375d0192.gif

EMMA HINCHCLIFF
|| outfit: idk clothes. || feeling: friendly || location: the hogwarts express ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Emma wrinkled her nose in distaste as Keith gave her a brief rundown of the situation, though his use of a 'bad' word did bring the smile back to her face. The box of cookies was hurriedly accepted, and Emma took a few moments to examine the contents intensively before finally selecting a cookie and passing the box back to Keith.
"Thankyou! Your mother must be so talented. Mine's great but she can't bake at all." The girl explained with a shake of her head. "But she's busy most of the time, so you can't blame her. Dad makes good cake though." Very quickly, it was becoming clear that Emma was both confident, and prone to babbling when she was over excited. Still, she knew when to calm down and fix a sympathetic expression on her face-- she was annoyed she'd been late and hadn't been able to stick up for the crying girl. It made her feel very frustrated. Oh, well. Let those kids try again, and she'd be there.
"Oh, forget them. There's no such thing as muddy blood. Even if there was, if you gave me the choice of having muddy blood or being an idiot, I know which I'd pick." She beamed and dropped the cookie into her lap, dragging her hand across her shirt before holding it out to the other two children. "I'm Emma, Emma Hinchcliff! Nice to meet you. Who are you? Both of you."

Aster Aster Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻ KEITH ◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻ ANDERSON ◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻
THE TROUBLEMAKER // GRYFFINDOR
x
x
cim001122.jpg
x
MOOD : HOGWARTS!! | LOCATION: Hogwarts Academy | TIME: 10:00 AM AM|
◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻ ◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻ ◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻ ◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻
(I'm doing a mini time-skip so do finish up all interactions in the train in your next post!)

While the three chatted and got acquainted with each other, time seemed to fly. An assortment of treats were offered to them on a cart, one which Keith gave in the temptation in buying three licorice wands, two for his friends and one of himself and a handful of jelly slugs. Their train ride to Hogwarts was a melting pot for cavities.

The tires to the train screeched to a halt as they arrived at their destination. Students were ushered out of the train in groups. A number of designated Hogwarts alumni came to greet them, herding them towards the large castle in sectionals.

Keith was excited, bouncing back and forth on his heels, 50% because of the sugar and 50% because it was Hogwarts! The famed school his father studied and graduated at.

(also short post bc im kinda stumped tbh)

Interactions: Emma teenage witch teenage witch Penelope Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart
Mentions: None
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MV5BMTM0NjIzMjk4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUzNzI0NA@@._V1._SX640_SY416_.jpg

Phyrun Dalca
Interactions/Mentions:
None, mostly

He had truly intended to look for the girl that had fled the compartment but got distracted on the way. At first it was the view outside the train that drew his attention from his task as he waited for some Seventh Years to move so that he could continue his search.

The view caused him to pull out the bound pages in his bag as well as a pencil. While magic made ink mistakes a load of nothing, he much preferred doing a pencil draft before going in with ink.

Things were jotted down and things sketches the more and more he worked. He went from the view to writing down the train, observations of the students around him, what magic was displayed. It was all-consuming to the point that he found himself coming back to reality with ten new pages, half inked, as the train came to a stop. He looked out the window of the compartment he had ended up in - the two older Ravenclaws had been more than happy to let the studious 10-year-old sit by the window after some explanation he had blurted - and quickly scribbled a reminder to himself to visit the train station before leaving the school to notate some of the plant life.

Shoving the journal back in his bag, he hurried out beyond the Ravenclaws with a rushed thank you before hurrying to the nearest door.

He ended up waiting. There was a cluster of people that closed in around him. He dropped his gaze, keeping to himself with a painful grip on his bag as he kept his mind on the new pages so as not to lash out in the tight space.

He hoped the doors opened quickly and soon. He was certain he heard a few people gathering his age group as well.

Aesthetic.gif
(gif credits go to teenage witch teenage witch , it was too perfect not to use)
Belladonna Coben
Hogwarts Express | 9 am | Seb, Sophia, Alex, Pene, Mila

Belladonna flashed a triumphant smile as the annoying kids finally left their compartment. Good. She didn't want to be seen with some mudbloods on her first day in Hogwarts. Getting rid of them was rather easy, mostly because the mudblood girl was so sensitive. This made the young girl feel slightly guilty; she had never made another kid her age cry by just insulting her, after all. However, she knew it was for the best. Hopefully, the girl would tell her other mudblood friends to leave her alone, and she would have to worry about them no longer.

"My uncle told me mudbloods steal their powers," Belladonna commented, soon after the last of the kids had left their compartment and she was once again alone with Seb and Mila. "That's why they can do magic and come to Hogwarts. My uncle told me they were born as normal muggles, but then they killed a witch or wizard and stole their magic. That's why they're so bad at spells and why they're too dumb to be in Slytherin. They're evil- thats's why we have to be so mean to them."

Living in a pureblood family, Belladonna was no stranger to the dangers of mudbloods and muggles. Her aunt and uncle had made sure the Coben children would grow with the most degrading and horrifying of tales, to ensure they wouldn't fraternise with anyone who wasn't a pureblood. Of course, the tales were often inconsistent, and families told their children different stories to scare them away from muggleborns. But the fear and hatred was still the same. It was the one thing Belladonna dreaded about going to Hogwarts. Having to spend time with muggleborns, being forced to work together in the same classes and treat them as equals. She couldn't think of a worse punishment.

"I'll be in Slytherin too!" She exclaimed loudly after Seb had explained his stance towards the other Hogwarts houses. "My whole family are Slytherins, and they told me I was born to be in Slytherin. It's the best house there is. Besides, my brother and sister are in Slytherin as well, they've probably already told their friends all about me. I'm probably already famous," she lied. Knowing full well her sisters probably hadn't spoken to their friends about their "troll-faced little sister," but it was nice feeling important. "My brother's name is Leon, and my sister's Rose. Maybe they know your brother? My brother said he knows everyone in Slytherin. Your brother is a Slytherin, right?"

Her question regarding Mila's brother was quickly forgotten, as Seb proclaimed himself as Mila's future husband. Her cheeks turned red, not from embarrassment, but from anger. Seb couldn't marry Mila, she was too pretty for him! Besides, they couldn't both be in love with Mila, it would be breaking frienship law. Without thinking twice, Belladonna kicked Seb's knee with her small foot.

"Hey, no fair!" Belladonna hissed, "you can't marry Mila, I already called dibs on her!" granted, she had technically only called dibs on Mila inside her head, but it still counted. Looking slightly panicked, she turned to Mila, "Seb eats his boogers! And- and he doesn't know what a virginia is! You can't marry him!"

She was soon interrupted by a girl and a boy, both who looked to be around their age, entering their compartment. At first, Belladonna wanted to throw them out like she had with the others. But these kids were different. After all, they had at least bothered to knock and ask permission before entering- showing manners no mudblood could have. That, and they weren't annoyingly offering cookies and calling everyone their friend. Still, asking about their heritage wouldn't hurt.

"I'm Belladonna Coben, who are-" she began, only managing to introduce herself before the train's wheels pulled into a halt as the train arrived to the Hogsmeade station. Belladonna eagerly pressed her nose and hands against the window, her breath staining the glass as she stared at the castle and Hogwarts staff members waiting for them outside. "We're here! We're here!" the girl exclaimed excitedly, happily pulling on Seb's arm. "Oh, everything is so pretty! Come on, I want to see the inside of the castle!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back