• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Starfleet: The Graduation Arc (Episodes 1, 2 & 3)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Nubian_Legend

Power-Rangers-logo.png

660349-planetscape-sci-fi-planet-landscape-space-art-artwork.jpg

Prologue
Year 30XX

The year mankind took the "great leap". Hyperspace travel. Phasing and Teleportation. Perfect cloning and bio-engineering. Transmutation and fabrication of the natural environment. Terraforming and cyber colonies. Over the span of a little less than half a millennia, a backwater "shithole" civilization went from obscurity to a intergalactic superpower too big to ignore. Humanity would take a seat for itself at the intergalactic table whether the "higher lifeforms" agreed or not. What enabled humanity to reach so far and so soon? The expansive order known as Starforce. A vanguard of the most capable explorers throughout the galaxies, they gained notoriety for their handling of essential tasking, and with that notoriety came more contracts, more resources, the eventual snowballing that spawned the precipice of an Empire. A new age, where humanity would set the stage as not just actors, but directors.

Starfleet_Academy%2C_late_2300%27s.jpg

Episode 1 - 3
The Day before Graduation

Starfleet Academy Arizona, Mars.

Today embarked the rehearsal ceremony leading up to the big day. A graduating class just a little shy of 300 prospect cadets who would become commissioned ensigns in little more than 24 hours, the "walk" was an age old tradition dating back to its foundations on Earth, the process involved the head dean calling off a name, a simple stage walk, a handshake followed by a wave or celebratory gesture to the crowd or a prompt exit, the cadets would be given their own morphers just before the walk, to transform as official Rangers, no longer as cadets. No capes, no dresses and no paper , encoded in the this morpher was stake of graduation.

At the same time as the rehearsal there was a trial for a male detained the week prior, Ezekiel Rhodes... the Ranger Hunter. Among the soon-to-be ranger officers there had been some rumors and whisperings, not just of the trial but of the Ranger who apprehended the Ranger Hunter, rumor had gotten out that he was stopped by a Red Ranger cadet, a female at that. There was some chatter about the identity of this person was and whether they'd be a shoe-in for valedictorian. There were a few notable standouts for the year, but an act of real time heroism would weigh a little bit more than good grades and some collaterals.

the Dean could not make it to the graduation ceremony because he was presiding over the trial as Judge. The Headmistress filled-in for the Dean. It seemed the ceremony was going somewhat smoothly and the rehearsal was entering the final phases. The prospects would be dismissed to go about their day in the following moments to spend the rest of the day the way they saw fit.

Last edited:
Aiyla had chosen not to go to the FULL trial, for a multitude of reasons. First of all, it would be weird. Standing for hours in front of a wooden stand while an 80-year-old guy glared down at you from his spectacles just wasn’t her thing. Also, it seemed fucking intense, and intensity of THAT kind of intensity ALSO wasn’t her thing. She really had wished a few nosy blabbermouths hadn’t just so HAPPENED to SUPPOSEDLY say that Aiyla had apprehended that Ezekiel Rhodes guy. After all, what did they know? They probably were like…fifth-hand accounts, if you asked her.

Truth be told, nobody knew the full story to that, and any guy labeled the “Ranger Hunter” just freaked the fuck out of her. Apprehending him was more of a self-defense move, but not that anybody cared. Aiyla was already the straight-As teacher’s pet, everyone assumed she was gonna get valedictorian. Honestly, Aiyla was happy with salutatorian. Getting valedictorian was just something on another long list of accolades she’d never wanted. Really. Being celebrated wasn’t her thing. People had better things to do, didn’t they?

Like stated earlier, Aiyla had gone to part of the trial, but had hidden in the back row, only methodically narrowing her eyes at the emblem emblazoned on the front of the podium about five hundred feet ahead of her, but she knew that Ezekiel Rhodes was watching her like a hawk. Or a cat stalking his prey. Whichever way you wanted to interpret it. She’d walked out after about an hour or so, hurrying over to the rehearsal area in time for the start of it.

“Shoot, sorry I’m late!” Aiyla quickly smoothed her hair back, adjusting her suit tightly around herself. “I…was at the trial. My apologies.” She quickly got in line without another word.

While Netuno had heard the rumors about the Red Ranger cadet who had captured the Ranger Hunter he was sure they were just that. If a cadet was involved at all it was most likely she was essential just bait to lure him into a trap. Anyway he had other things on his mind at the moment. The rehearsal was almost as important as the actual graduation after all. Since he wasn't sure how long the whole thing was gonna take and he couldn't just leave to rehydrate Netuno had made sure he had absorbed plenty of water before hand and even carried a few bottles on him just in case.

Unfortunately the rehearsal didn't go off fully without a hitch as some human showed up at the last moment and get in line behind him. Netuno didn't know her too wel but she was one of the students he had taken note off, as she simply seemed to better than just about everyone. He wasn't the jealous type but at the same time he couldn't help but wonder what she was doing that was important enough to risk being late.

Curiosity having gotten the better of him he decided to ask her about it later if he got the chance but for now he would focus on simply doing his task and preparing for tomorrow.

Emma Milgram

Emma wasn't a fan of big event, and even less of a fan of the rehearsal of said event. So she faked some illness. At this point into her education she was sure the doctor actually knows that she was faking but didn't bother with it, or maybe this was some sort of personal reward for her perfect score in the medical school. She would be grateful to him for that. Of course she would attend the real event tomorrow but honestly, she didn't feels anything over her soon-to-be graduation. There's no one that waits to congratulate her, there's no one who would cry for her. For Emma the graduation was simply a formal transition from school to work. She can totally imagine her parents would already think of a thousand ways to turn her into money printer if they're here, but they're not. After she ran away from home she never contacted them and they live on the other side of the universe. Good.

From the sounds of it, it seemed the rehearsal would be going to end soon. Emma nodded to herself, there's still some time to kill so she whipped out her portable console again and silently resumed her grinding. She would get out of the infirmary after the rehearsal end, she promised herself.

“It’s almost the big day…” Zai said as his voice trailed off lost in thought. He had assembled himself almost inspection ready for today as always with a few personal touches. His old man’s family Rolex, an eye catching piece as well as an heirloom from a different time. A bright green tie instead of the traditional black and his long hair which was probably out of male regulations in some buried handbook bylaw. What’s that saying about a well dressed man? Something about never standing out but the elegance of it all sets him apart? Sounded good to him.

Snapping back to reality, he checked his watch and realized he was late. “At least it’s not the real deal.” He gave the medical training dummy that stood by the classroom door a friendly clasp on the shoulder. “Well Jeff this might be the last time we see each other. Thanks for all the help.” With a friendly smile he turned the corner and proceeded through the halls.

As he was moving with a fast walk he breezed past the room Emma was occupying. He recognized her and they had even shared some classes together since they were the only classifications of cadet that used this building. While Zai was a quick study, Emma’s grades were on another level.

“Emma! Talofa la’u uō! (samoan translation: Hello my friend!) Not wanting to participate today?” Zai said as he greeted her warmly, arms widened in his family’s cherished pastime welcome.

Last edited:
“Hey, uh…aren’t we like…missing someone?” Aiyla glanced around, looking at the she-wanted-to-say-Aquitian in front of her and then back behind her. Muttering under her breath, she sighed, shaking her head, before looking around one last time with a nervous expression on her face. She normally wasn’t someone who’d be that out-of-line, let alone LATE, but then again, they’d basically threatened her with not being able to graduate (okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration) if she hadn’t gone. She’d known the Judge, aka. The Dean had at least seen her, he probably was pissed off she didn’t attend the entire rehearsal.

But she could care a damn crap less about the Dean. After all, all she ever heard coming from the Dean’s mouth directly to her was about her mom, in private of course. He at least had the sense of mind not to reveal Aiyla’s half-not-humanness in public. Sure, her mother was the valedictorian Red Ranger of her class, but there was a reason Aiyla used her dad’s last name. Well, besides it being normal customs.

After a few seconds, she just rubbed her temples, groaning to herself. “Alright, we’re definitely missing someone.”

Ezekiel Rhodes

"What do you have to say for yourself Mr. Rhodes....and of your actions...?"

Rhodes stood unflinchingly stoic as the details of his exploits was read back to him. He gave minimalist answers whenever asked to provide a statement and never downplayed his culpability. Wasn't built like that. He didn't roll his eyes or make light of the situation, but he didn't try to soften himself up either or play into anyone's sensibilities. He was aware of two truths of the world "Perception is reality and when you get caught, own it. " It seemed all eyes were on him, awaiting his rebuttal if he had one. For a moment his vision scanned the room, eventually settling onto Aiyla. Remembering the brief skirmish which lead to him turning himself in.

"I'm here because of disagreements with policies of an organization I believe to be fundamentally unjust and my response to that...was through force. I never really thought someone like me could change anything without force because force has always been present as the primary option. Force has shaped world around us, it's also weakened the bonds of our society. I want to give this word thing a try. It may not always work, but what do I have to lose...? "

There was a stretch of silence. The Dean seemed to be in his thoughts before giving his final verdict.

"Your actions caused a lot of harm. I won't allow you to hurt anyone. Every student and Staff at Starfleet is precious to me, they are like my own children and I am responsible for there safety. I won't deny the point you raised may very well be true, but you must be held accountable for your actions. Therefore, as judge and Dean I offer you a choice. You can either live out the remainder of your life behind bars or...you can put this newfound philosophy of yours to the test. Mr. Rhodes, you can change yourself and you can change society for the better, but you can't do that as a menace. Starfleet has never admitted an applicant without PSI, we will make an exception in your instance. If you accept my offer...You will begin tomorrow. You will be required to wear a monitoring device and check-in with a handler. "

Emma Milgram

“Emma! Talofa la’u uō! (samoan translation: Hello my friend!) Not wanting to participate today?” Zai said as he greeted her warmly, arms widened in his family’s cherished pastime welcome.

Emma was in the middle of a boss fight when she heard someone called her from outside. She paused her game and slowly put her console beneath her pillow, though when she realized that the one calling her was Zai she pulled it back out and resumed her battle.

"Not interested. We will do it again tomorrow anyway." Emma replied while her eyes keep glued to the screen. "Also, it will be finished very soon. If I were you I will just ditch it entirely and do something else..."

Emma Milgram

Emma was in the middle of a boss fight when she heard someone called her from outside. She paused her game and slowly put her console beneath her pillow, though when she realized that the one calling her was Zai she pulled it back out and resumed her battle.

"Not interested. We will do it again tomorrow anyway." Emma replied while her eyes keep glued to the screen. "Also, it will be finished very soon. If I were you I will just ditch it entirely and do something else..."

As she acknowledged him at the doorway Zai proceeded into the room. He sat down next to her before taking a brief look at the screen. “Look, I know a lot of this stuff seems redundant but it’s all part of the experience ya know? We made it!” He said talking with his hands in excitement. “I’m sure someone out there tomorrow would want you to enjoy every moment of the next two days. Family, staff or student.” Zai finished as he was pointing in the direction of the parade field. As he stood up, he straightened his outfit and proceeded to the door but took another look to the console in Emma’s hands “I grew up as a junk scrappers son, but I know my way around a GameScape- If you ever want your ass kicked.” With that he proceeded out the door and to the parade grounds.

Upon reaching the parade grounds he noticed he was definitely a bit behind. He quickly took line behind the girl and boy who he recognized as part of his class but didn’t know personally. He took a second glace at the girl in front of him, almost like he recognized her from somewhere but her couldn’t place it. Wait…. Wasn’t she the famous cadet who took down the “Ranger Hunter” weirdo? Zai laughed internally while externally only smirking. Imagine calling yourself the “Ranger Hunter while losing to a cadet, what a joke.

Despite what the girl standing behind him said Netuno couldn't believe anyone would miss the rehearsal, sure it was bit of a bore but it was important. "Are you sure? Maybe you just didn't see them, I mean there are several hundred students here." If he was totally honest that line of reasoning didn't come out of nowhere as he too had friends that didn't seem to be attending but he was sure they were just ahead of hom in the line or something.

Anyway she seemed willing to talk and it was unlikely the Headmistress would hear them so Netuno decided that he might as well try and indulge in his curiosity right now before he missed the chance. "Anyway if you don't mind me asking, how come you're so late? I'd have thought they would want you closer to the front of the line given your grades." He hoped his question wouldn't offend her but he also didn't really believe in beating around the bush.

Last edited:
“You do have a point…” Aiyla trailed off awkwardly, hoping to end the conversation there. She knew more than a few of her friends were probably near the start of the line too, probably because they’d bribed their way up there. Rich, snobbish, elitist asses if you asked her. Then again, Aiyla’s intuition was always right, well, at least most of the time. Ignoring the time she predicted her grandfather would die…and then he didn’t. Her dad wouldn’t talk to her for months after that.

She tensed upon hearing the guy’s question. She hated nosy people, kind of sort of messed with her keep-under-the-radar plan. Then again, this was the first time someone had asked her directly. She knew she was supposed to be at the front of the line, buttt the line was so long that it would take a while before the Headmistress noticed her. “Uh….between you and me…” She lowered her voice to a whisper. “I was at Ezekiel Rhodes’ trial. The Ranger Hunter’s.”

She briefly turned to the side, seeing how far up the Headmistress was, when she saw a guy with a bunch of tattoos who probably belonged on some sort of human construction site. Seeing his smirk when staring directly out her made her blood boil, though not as bad as…some people. “Hey. What’s that for?” She briefly stepped out of line, narrowing her eyes at him.

Gorgonzola

Location:the devil's jar, at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.

As the graduation ceremony on Mars continued, little did anyone realize that on earth in the Atlantic ocean an ancient evil rested, currently imprisoned inside a jar this ancient evil, who legends spoke of as being named "gorgonzola" was biding his time until someone was dumb enough to open the jar and release him

"6,300 years, I've been stuck inside this jar for 6,300 years, HOW DARE THAT ACCURSED BITCH SEAL ME, GORGONZOLA AWAY!!! ILL ENSURE IF SHE STILL LIVES THAT SHE WILL SUFFER MY WRATH!!!" The demon lord vowed to himself, for the 14,000,605th time "THEN ILL DO THE SAME TO ALL WHO WILL STILL DARE TO OPPOSE ME!" He swore angrily as he recounted how he was imprisoned to begin with.

6,300 years ago. the canary islands, planet earth.

The sky was filled with black and red clouds that were occasionally punctuated by lightning. A massive battle had taken place between gorgonzola's demon clan, which consisted of horrors that had either been summoned from other planes of reality such as the demonic pazuzu, or space monsters such as the terrible crabrachnid, a hybrid between a crab and a spider, monsters that were lurking as remnants from the prince of darkness ricotta's quest to conquer earth such as humbaba. and the forces of good, which consisted of descendants of the heroes that had slain the sorcerer ricotta and an army of warriors from across the local realms intent on slaying the warriors of evil, it was a violent battle with great casualties on both sides and not many had survived, at this point while other warriors battled in the background, two people could be seen staring intently at each other. One was a woman with red hair and a veil over half of her face and some sorcerer robes, in her hand was a jar with sigils designed for containing and warding off evil drawn all over it, her name was nimue. The other warrior was the terrible demon king, the heir of the prince of darkness himself, gorgonzola. he was wearing headgear that consisted of the front of a skull and a helmet, in his hands was a hammer with a spike on top and a eastern style dragon carved into the sides.

"Cease fire and surrender gorgonzola!" Nimue commanded "Your monsters and warriors are being routed and slain as we speak!"

"Nyeheheheheheh foolish witch! You cannot slay I! Gorgonzola! You've already tried and failed before, what makes this time any different?" Gorgonzola asked in a shrill, high-pitched voice.

"Because I did not come here to slay you, I came here to contain you." Nimue set the jar down and opened it.

"Really? You brought a jar to a mystical war?" Gorgonzola smirked "I didn't know you were that desperate."

Nimue didn't respond, instead she was chanting under her breath with her hands out, a green energy began to surround them and blast out as a tornado of energy at gorgonzola. "If this bastard knew how the battle between zordon and Rita repulsa ended he wouldn't be so cocky, I've only got one shot at this." Nimue said in her mind.

"Aww a tornado spell?" Gorgonzola taunted as the green energy began to swirl around and drag him towards the jar, his cocky demeanor changed when he realized that he couldn't break out of the spell

"WH-WHAT KIND OF MAGIC SPELL IS THIS? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! I AM AN EMPEROR!!! EMPEROR GORGONZOLA!!!" the demon yelled as he shot a bolt of negative energy at nimue, but it was already too late. His fate was sealed and the jar automatically closed, trapping gorgonzola inside. But his final attack had left a great wound on nimue who, already exhausted from the demon sealing spell's effects collapsed on the ground unconscious. What became of her would be told later but the devil's jar as gorgonzola's prison came to be known as was thrown to the bottom of the sea so that no one could unleash him again.

Last edited:
She briefly turned to the side, seeing how far up the Headmistress was, when she saw a guy with a bunch of tattoos who probably belonged on some sort of human construction site. Seeing his smirk when staring directly out her made her blood boil, though not as bad as…some people. “Hey. What’s that for?” She briefly stepped out of line, narrowing her eyes at him.
"Zai realized he had been caught looking a little to long when Aiyla's face shot backwards at his and he was met with a sharp look. The girl was attractive, but unfortunately this didn't seem like one of those times that he could weasel his way out of this with charm. His eyes darted from side to side as he glanced to make sure he didn't have any eavesdroppers. "You're the one who took down the Ranger Hunter aren't you?" Zai said as he stepped a bit closer. "I was laughing because a high bounty criminal calling themselves the "Ranger Hunter" "- Zai filled the title with comedic air quotes- "that gets beaten by a cadet is embarrassing. Good on you though." Zaid with a look of approval. "So...c'mon spill the details. Ms. Teachers Pet, we all know you'll be givin' the speech up front." Zai said as he nodded to the podium, hands in his pockets. "What was he like? I'd like to test my skills against him too someday."

Aiyla raised an eyebrow just seeing him staring at her with that look. It wasn’t the first time that a boy or girl had looked at her like that, and she was used to it. But this guy was clearly trying to get up her ass. And she would not take a second of it. She noted his gaze shifting, and replicated that gaze, before hearing his question. She froze, rubbing her temples with her fingers, before sighing. “Everyone knows by now, don’t they? Well…you aren’t NOT right.” She cracks her knuckles nervously, staring at him with a nervous look. “I’ll say this, guy’s def not as strong as he says he is. You have a point…though…” Her gaze turned stone-cold. “Don’t go dissing my abilities.” She burst out laughing at his next comment. “Oh, shut up. That doesn’t mean anything. He’s a wimpy piece of shit, if you ask me. Between you and me, he doesn’t seem to be able to use PSI. So any of us would have a leg up against him, if you ask me.”

Aiyla raised an eyebrow just seeing him staring at her with that look. It wasn’t the first time that a boy or girl had looked at her like that, and she was used to it. But this guy was clearly trying to get up her ass. And she would not take a second of it. She noted his gaze shifting, and replicated that gaze, before hearing his question. She froze, rubbing her temples with her fingers, before sighing. “Everyone knows by now, don’t they? Well…you aren’t NOT right.” She cracks her knuckles nervously, staring at him with a nervous look. “I’ll say this, guy’s def not as strong as he says he is. You have a point…though…” Her gaze turned stone-cold. “Don’t go dissing my abilities.” She burst out laughing at his next comment. “Oh, shut up. That doesn’t mean anything. He’s a wimpy piece of shit, if you ask me. Between you and me, he doesn’t seem to be able to use PSI. So any of us would have a leg up against him, if you ask me.”
Zai pondered the fact for a moment.. "Doesn't use PSI, Interesting." His face growing more serious as he came to a realization. "Not to knock your skills or anything, but you don't think he let you win did he? I mean the news coverage on him was crazy. Before I was enlisted with the academy all the stories I heard was that he was the real deal. Hell, they had him chained up like a big bad on the court broadcast. Maybe he just wanted to get on the inside of the academy and causing a conflict was the first class ticket he needed.." Zai shook his head. "No, that couldn't be it right?" He said as he looked back to Aiyla.

Last edited:
Netuno wondered why she would be present at the Ranger Hunter's trial and wondered if pressing her would be rude or not. Before he could say anything though Aiyla seemed angry about something and began talking to a familiar boy behind her. Their conversation quickly answered Netuno's unasked question but he still wasn't sure how much he believed that a cadet was able to catch the Ranger Hunter on her own.

Zai's theory about Rhodes letting himself get caught made more sense to him, especially since he apparently didn't use PSI there was just one flaw with it in Netuno's opinion. "If he is up to something why now? Sure with the rehearsal and graduation people are a lot more distracted but the academy isn't run by idiots. No doubt security is higher than normal as well."

Aiyla pondered both of what they said for a moment, for the boys DID have a good point. It wouldn’t be out of the question, especially since he could’ve won had she not used her PSI. “If he really is a ‘big bad’, then you’d think they would know better than to televise this. This whole spectacle with him. But if he really pretended just to lose to me so that he could break out at a later date…this guy ain’t stupid. No matter how much security you have, half the time they’re just dumb muscle.”

Then again….if he took the offer and came into the Academy, and the three of them turned out to be right…

“But if he takes the offer, and we’re right, we’re screwed. If he doesn’t, that’s our best scenario. If he does, then we’ll just have to keep an eye on him, deal?”

Emma Milgram

"I will wait for it then. The GameScape, I mean." Briefly Emma gazed at him as he threw her the game challenge. Emma wasn't a particularly competitive person, in fact she most of the time doesn't care about ranking and her favorite video games tend to be single player, but she did got a little bit excited at the prospect of sharing her interest with someone else. Just a bit, really, probably. After Zai continued his way to the rehearsal site Emma thought about just taking a nap but someone else poked his head into the room. This time a middle aged man in a white coat.

"He is right, you know. At least, boring things make the fun things more memorable."

"Not you too, doc." Slumped onto the bed and turning her back towards the doctor, Emma used the blanket to cover her entire body as a signal to the doctor that she didn't want to talk about it anymore. This might sounds pathetic, but seeing other people happy made her angry inside. It made her realize how... mediocre her life actually was. Of course Emma didn't shows it to the other as she almost always has her poker face displayed. She usually could keep her composure in check but the upcoming graduation ceremony made her really moody and her mind uncomfortable. She hates it. She hates ceremony. She hates her psi power. She hates herself.

"..." This is bad, her thought became so murky she couldn't think straight. Even someone cynical like her knew that drowning in anger and misery was unhealthy. Slowly she forced herself to get off the bed and put her graduation coat on.

"Feeling better? Don't forget to enjoy yourself out there." The doctor gave her a nod as she walked out of the infirmary.

Seeing the parade ground packed with students and staffs almost made her regret her decision, but she stomped her feet on the ground and forced herself to stays. Emma took the last position as probably the last students to arrive. She could see Zai, Ailya and a few other late gang students a bit to the front not far from her. She quietly scuttled towards them but didn't say anything. She wanted to hear what they're talking about first, and after hearing a few lines she could determine that they're likely talking about the ranger hunter, the reason why the dean couldn't attend the ceremony in the first place. She did hear about him from the news and the internet, but the wildly varied informations floating on the net about him gave her the impression that no one actually know the real thing of what happened.

BeastofMyth22 BeastofMyth22 meepster meepster Venchi1986 Venchi1986

Zai nodded in agreement as Aiyla went on about the circumstances. Zai looked off into the empty spectating pavilion frustrated, "There's gonna be alot of people on the parade grounds here tomorrow. What if an attack actually happens?" Zai looked to each of the two in front of him before reassuring himself "Then we'll just have to stop him, no matter what everyone says about him." That was their duty as newly graduated Rangers. It was their time to shine, they weren't just a group of kids that needed to be protected anymore. As he solidified his resolve, He noticed Emma coming closer to the group. "Well look at you, you made it, nice to have you join us. We might be headed to the big leagues earlier then expected. "Oh and by the way- I'm Zai and this is Emma" Zai said nodding her direction. "We've been buried under the extra course work of the medical wing so I don't believe we've officially met" he said as he glanced to Aiyla and then Netuno

meepster meepster Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:
“It’s not out of the question, but I don’t think any of us want to consider the possibility, do we?” Aiyla looked back at him, seeing the amount of people around. And while there was supposedly security, she didn’t see any, which wasn’t reassuring in the slightest. Both of her eyebrows shot up at his next comment, however. “Uh….we literally JUST graduated, if this is a hand-to-hand fight, or a surprise attack, we’re all losing.” She snarked back at him, before seeing Emma and nodding slightly. “Oh, c’mon now, don’t get her hopes up like that.” She snorted at Zai, before turning back to Emma. “I’m Aiyla. That’s Netuno over there.” She nodded her head to the alien over there.

Netuno could tell Aiyla was really worried about the whole Ranger Hunter thing. To be perfectly honest he felt like she was exaggerating how dangerous he was but knew better than to say it out loud. Instead he tried to think of a way to get her to calm down a bit. Before he could do so though another latecomer showed up and everyone ended up introduced to each other.

Deciding to take the opportunity to try and change the subject Netuno went for the first question he could think off that made sense given the situation "Nice to meet you all. What colors have you been going for? I'm Blue myself." As he waited for an answer he grabbed one of his bottles and took a big sip of water, even though he was still good on hydration.

Last edited:
Emma Milgram

Emma wanted to squirm when she heard Zai greeted her. She felts kinda stupid since just a few minutes ago she was the one who suggested to him to ditch the event and now she was the one coming here. Whatever, she must swallow her emotion and keep going. Pride be damned. Then he introduced both of them to the other two students, which Emma only followed up by a short nod. Aiyla and Netuno, got it. Netuno asked the others about their color choice and introduced himself as blue. Emma's eyes gleamed briefly when she head about it.

"I'm pink, but if I was to pick I actually want blue." She finally let her voice out. She remembered picking blue and black as her first two choices during the survey but later the school comitee assigned her to pink. She quite enjoyed the curriculum that came with it but she didn't like how the demographic for pink was so predominantly female, with only 3 male pink cadets and the highest number of legacy students among all colors the pink class never run out of dramas. Grade-wise, she's at the top of her class but social-wise she's an outcast.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 meepster meepster BeastofMyth22 BeastofMyth22

Last edited:
“Mine’s obvious, but I’m Red. If I’d had the choice though, I’d want to be Blue.” She shrugged haphazardly, knowing that she couldn’t have been given the choice anyways. Everyone on her mother’s side of the family had been Red Rangers, so it was practically pre-ordained. She’s picked Blue and Green as her first two choices, but probably got Red because of her personal essays or other shit they made them do. There was only 1 other female in the Red Ranger Cadet program, and the two had never talked, probably because the other girl was close to the bottom of the class or something. Though Aiyla, considering she was on track to get valedictorian, probably egged the Dean’s and/or the Committee’s face for letting in an actually smart girl. “It’s kinda boring, not gonna lie. A bunch of macho macho boys who think they’re the best.”

Zai paused at the question given by Netuno. Since a Rangers color was chosen by the school administration he didn’t have much choice in the matter, especially since he was a late enrollee due to his parents financial situation.

As he dived deeper into his thoughts he knew the time before he had to face what being the next green ranger actually meant was rapidly coming to a close. He pondered the symbolism of each color as his two newfound friends as well as Emma expressed excitement or at least acceptance in the life changing moment that was so close for them. Zai shifted his weight from side to side nervously. But he decided to feign a smile for everyone’s sake. This wasn’t their problem to deal with.

WHY was he chosen to be the next green ranger? Not to mention to be the next wielder of the dragon dagger. While the green ranger was recently established as a part of the academy, he had heard the guest speakers that had taught lectures and told stories of rangers past. It was now his duty to navigate a Ranger lineage shrouded in mystery, evil and even death. Zai pulled at his green neck tie to loosen the knot at his neck.

Last edited:
The girls' answers were surprising in Netuno's opinion and while Zali didn't say anything Netuno did notice the color of his tie which was answer enough. "Well, you two aren't gonna believe this but Blue actually wasn't my first choice. While he knew his talents made him well suited for a role in science and technology he hoped to get a different color. "No offense but making the semi-amphibious alien with a water related PSI the Blue ranger felt a little too on the nose."

Of course he knew better than to assume that his species and/or ability were the deciding factor in his assignment, but in the beginning he couldn't help but wonder. Netuno focused on the present, now was not the time to think about the past at least not the negative parts of it. He hoped the conversation wouldn't die off as he liked Emma Zali and Ailya so far but he couldn't think of anything to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back