Power Rangers Divine Knights

Lady Insanity

I live for the chaos, yet I'd die for peace.
Our story begins with a war.  Centuries ago, there was a mighty kingdom, ruled by a powerful and true warrior and king.  He united the land when no on thought it possible.  His son, Prince Ascelin, was raised as a warrior in his fathers image.  Raised to be strong and virtuous, Ascelin knew what it meant to be a knight by the age of 12.  Warriors, rogues, and mages alike lived in peace, the entire land always standing together.

Then came the dark age.  A legion of demons, summoned from the depths of the underworld by a powerful, evil creature had arisen and attacked the kingdom.  The demons, called the Shadoji, wreaked havoc  upon the land.  Only the bravest and truest of warriors could stand against them.  The king had fallen in battle, leaving Prince Ascelin to take the role as king, leading warriors into battle.  Ascelin banded together with a powerful sorceress and a cunning rogue, the three of them leading entire armies into battle against the Shadoji.

Ascelin and his allies knew they'd need a greater power to stop the Shadoji, at least to seal them back underground.  So the sorceress made the choice, to call on 6 warriors from their ranks.  Two warrior class fighters, two rogues, and two mages.  The warriors were a two-handed fighter from the King's army, and a mace and shield bearing barbarian.  The rogues were a cunning archer and thief, as well as a duel dagger wielding assassin.  The mages, two very powerful mages from the mage college, having practiced magic their entire lives.  Together, the kind, his comrades, and 6 chosen warriors, bonded their warrior spirits to ancient crystals, the Divine Diamonds.  Nine warriors in total, the Divine Knights were born!  using their powers, the King led the warriors, the cunning rogue led the rogues, and the sorceress led the mages.  Together, their power drove the evil back, the Diving Knights proving to be the ultimate fighting force.

Ascelin ans his two leading comrades were proud of their warriors...the first order of Divine Knights were born, and the Shadoji were sealed back underground with their leader.  But...the Shadoji wouldn't stay sealed forever.  Ascelin knew of this, so he made it his official ruling, that he, his rogue, and the sorceress, be placed under a spell, that renders them all in a deep sleep, only to awaken each time the Shadoji return, their Diving Diamonds keeping them alive.  Meanwhile, the six warriors chosen to fight along side them gave up their Diamonds, placing them in the tomb of Ascelin and his friends, so that the Divine Diamons can choose new warriors to use their power in each generation.  Every hundred years, Ascelin rises again with his friends, the three of them emerging victorious, training the new heroes in the might of the warrior, skill of the rogue, or magic of the mage.

Over time, their powers grew into something beautiful...exactly one hundred years prior to the current story, Ascelin and the other' Diamonds were granted the power to tao into the universal morphing grid.  As a reward by the Gods, Ascelin was given the power of the Red Divine Knight.  His rogue companion, Orange.  His sorceress, Violet.

Together, they'd trained the Blue and White Mages, Yellow and Green Rogues, and Black and Pink Warriors.  And thus, the Power Rangers were born!

But now, in the current year, Ascelin as risen once again, only this time, the leader of the Shadoji rose ahead of schedule.  He destroyed Ascelin's tomb, possessing his body and corrupting him and his generals!  Now, with the spirit of a Shadoji demon with him, Ascelin, the Red Ranger...is evil.  His generals, Orange and Violet Rangers...are also corrupted by a foul, dark magic.  

Now, the 6 Divine Diamonds have went off, seeking their new humans to bond to.  The new warriors have been trained since youth, and are aware of their destiny.  But, they do not know that Red, Orange and Violet are evil, possessed by the evil Shadoji demons!

As of now, the White Ranger is missing, likely sought out and slain by the Shaoji.  But, the Blue, Pink, Black, Green and Yellow Rangers remain!  Even without Red as their leader, they will not back down!  No Red?  No problem.  Now, all that stands between the now-demonic Ascelin and the destruction of Earth, are the Power Rangers Divine Knights!

( @PenBlade1326 @BlazemasterX @marorda okay I said Friday, I didn't say EARLY Friday xDDDD my bad, I'm a shitty host xD   Anyways, RP begins now!  everyone introduce your Rangers in their normal lives as followed with Ingrid.  All Rangers should be living with their parents.  Villains will be brought up in my next post! and no, posts do not have to be this long.  if anything, 2-3 paragraphs is enough xD )

Quest 01: I Knight Thee

"Into every generation, there are six new Divine Knights brought into the Earth.  Six humans chosen by fate and blood to fight along side the might King Ascelin and his chosen comrades.  Fight the Shadoji Demons and banish them into the underworld once again, sealing them away for another hundred years until they inevitably rise again, met with the same fate every time.  The battle is never-ending, however the drive of Ascelin and his champions is limitless.  In the infinite war, the Divine Knights forever stand against the Shadoji and their foul demonic leader--" Peter began, cut off by approaching footsteps. 

Peter turned around in his chair, dropping the pencil he'd been using to write down everything he'd said aloud.  "I get that you want to start documenting the history of the Knights now, but Peter, son, you're only 10 years old.  Let me handle it for now."  Said Alexander, Peter's father and mentor for the future Knights.  

"But, dad, I want to be a historian now!  There isn't a thing I don't know!  I'm like Hermione from Harry Potter!  I know it all!"  Peter replied.  Alexander grinned.  "As it may be, you're too young to start official work.  Now, why don't you put away your notepad and help me with the farm outside?  It's a perfect day out, perfect for cleaning out the stocks and keeping the animals in check."  Said Alexander.

Peter nodded and leaped out of his chair, joining his father outside on the farm.  As he left the house...he felt the wind chill, witnessed the sky darken, the clouds turn red, and the ground begin to shake.  Peter's hands sweat, his body limp, his father screaming...

Peter jolted up out of his bed, drenched in sweat.  His breath was heavy, his chest and heart racing.  Another bad dream...that day was six years ago.  Minus the chaos.  He wiped the sweat off of his brow, sniffling slightly.  Had be started crying in his sleep?  He shook his head.  He glanced at his clock.  Eight in the morning.  "Well...I guess now's a good a time as any."  He said to himself, glancing at a photo of his dad before leaping out of bed.  

A few hours passed by.  It was now noon, and Peter had already done a day's worth of work by then.  He picked berries, cleaned stocks, withdrew crops from the field, and raked the leaves.  He let out a breath, feeling something odd in his gut.  The breeze blew his short and sweaty hair to the side.  From the side, a wolf approached him, whining like a normal dog, whimpering to get pet.  Peter pet the wolf on the head, scratching behind its ears.  "I know, boy...it's today.  I know it is.  I hope they're ready."

---

Sitting on the foot of her bed, acoustic guitar in hand, resting on her knees, she pushed the red button on her camera.  "Hey, everyone, my name is Ingrid Meyers, and today I'll be covering Fireflies by Owl City.  Hope you guys like it."  Ingrid greeted into the camera, a kind smile and soft expression upon her face, framed by dominantly pink hair and black streaks.  She began singing, stroking her guitar gently, not overpowering her voice.

It took her about 3 minutes to perform the song in her bedroom, lit up by the window, natural light always preferred.  She stopped once the song was over.  Catching her breath, she spoke once more.  "Hope you guys liked it.  It's a bit of an oldie at this point, but I still like that song.  And I hope you do, too.  I really hope your day is full of love and good things!  I'll see you guys next time!"  She said, smiling brightly into the camera, blowing a kiss to it before hitting the button again, stopping her recording.  She sighed, setting the guitar down beside of her.  Ingrid had been recording videos ever since graduating high school.  And she'd only gotten about 100 views per video, give or take.  She didn't upload them for fame or recognition, just to share her musical passion...even if nobody really cared that much.  She uploaded the video almost instantly, one-take, no editing.  

After uploading, Ingrid closed her computer, put the guitar back on its stand, and stood at her window.  The neighborhood was sunny and bright, kids playing outside, jumping in leaf piles, shooting some hoops, or playing tag.  Kid stuff.  She smiled lightly at the sight.  Saturdays were the best time for Ingrid.  No class, no worries, and nothing to keep her down.  If there's one thing she didn't like, it was weekdays.  Classes always bothered her, never letting her mind really work.  In class, you had to think inside the box.  Outside the box didn't exist to any professors.  General Education was boring...it felt like high school all over again, only now she was going into debt over textbooks and tuition.  If only making those videos could be a job...then she wouldn't need some degree.  Alas, it isn't the case for her.  However, she wished classes were the only thing she worried about...Ingrid sighed, turning from her window and stepping out of her bedroom, smelling freshly brewed coffee downstairs.  Sure its noon, but any time is coffee time!

She joined her father in the kitchen, pouring a cup.  "Hey, dad."  Ingrid greeted, sipping on the black brew.  He smiled.  "Hey there, pumpkin."

Ingrid knew the drill.  Coffee now, pleasantries, train later.  Ahh...training.  A topic never really brought up until it needed to happen.  Training to be something great...something strange.  The two remained silent, sipping on their coffee.  Going on with their day as normal...not at all talking about training to fight demons.  They never did, really.  Not until training time was upon them in the day.  Trying to remain as normal as possible, they kept quiet about training...hoping the true day would never come...

(woohoo!  here it goes!  as you'll see, mine will be shorter xDDD I'll stick to 2-3 paragraphs, like I usually try to do.  here we go!)

Braxton was sitting in the floor.  Sitting in the middle of his living room, he sat cross-legged in the middle of a circle of open books.  Ancient tomes, written centuries ago.  Tomes on magic, magical history, spellcasting, and lore of the Divine Knights.  Even an enriching children's book, supposedly inspired by the Knights.  But of course, that wasn't confirmed.  He just liked the believe in the rumor, for the events of the book are scary accurate to the tales of Ascelin.  

He held his hands up, fingers in a mystical position, eyes closed under his glasses, his lips pursed.  He began whispering a chant, a type of magical 'prayer'.  Well, not a prayer, but more like an simple exercise.  Enough to keep him in check.  For Braxton's powers had not reached full potential.  Not formally a Knight, he knew he only had a fraction of any really power, no matter how much studying he'd done.  

His parents had told him throughout his entire life what he was capable of, but even they don't know everything.  

Simple practices like this chant kept him active, though.  Like going to the gym and lifting weights keeps a body builder active.  Not the same, obviously.  But the simile still stands.  Braxton ceased the chant, feeling someone enter the living room.  "Still at it, son?"  His father asked him.  He opened his eyes and nodded.  "Yes."  Braxton said.  "I'm keeping at my studies, just like always, dad."  

His father nodded, expectedly.  His mother walked in behind his father.  "Ahh, circle chants, I see?"  She asked.  Braxton nodded.  "Yes, mom.  I'm keeping myself in shape.  I can feel the magic inside me growing every day.  But until I actually become--" He started.  His mother put her hand up.  "Enough.  You are a mage, Braxton.  You've been taught as such since you were little.  You know your power is your own, and it is only as strong as you say."  She said.  This was a lesson his parents always taught.  They weren't mentors--not like the actual mentor he and the other Knights would meet one day--but they did their best with their own knowledge in raising their son to be a fine young man.  And a powerful mage.

Braxton began closing the tomes, thinking he'd spent enough time in the circle today.  He was at an age so he could "be his own teacher", in a way.  He gathered the tomes, stacked them up in his arms and rose to his feet, setting them on the nearby bookshelf.  Odd to keep magical tomes in plain sight, but anybody who ever came over simply assumed they were just old decorative books, never touching them.  He faced his parents.  "I think I'll go and read some in my bedroom." He told them.  They nodded.  "Very well, son.  I'll make lunch and call you down after while."  His mother said.  "And I will return to my study, read up some more on work."  His father said.  And with that, each of them retreated to their own spaces of the house.

Braxton went up to his room.  It was a small bedroom, navy blue paint on the walls, two bookshelves, a dresser, a desk, and a twin-sized bed, all compacted into the small space.  His choice of a room.  He sat at his desk, pulling out a novel he'd been reading.  Re-reading, really.  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  Opening it to page 204, he began to read.  Quietly.

(My turn! I usually don't know in advance how long my posts will be. I just start writing (with a bit of an idea) and then see where I end up)

Mellany had chosen a great day to arrive. No classes, so a good time to settle in a new place. Home wasn't all that far away, really, just a couple of hours. But it had been a while since she actually tried to settle somewhere. It was hard to believe it was only four years ago when her parents told her of her destiny, but it sure had explained the training. Now that her failed search for her fellow knights-to-be had ended and it was off-season, she had time to start attending college here. Good thing they didn't make much of a fuss about it she started a little while after the year had already started. Downside was that everyone already likely knew each other and had their friends, so it might be a little hard to settle in with all the new people. On the other hands... if any of them watched sports they would likely recognize her from TV. A gymnast, third on the world championship, high ranked in the States. Still... that wasn't exactly the base she'd want to make her friends on. Fame was only temporarily anyway. Give it ten to fifteen years and she'd be "too old" to be a professional gymnast. What would she have left then? A college degree, hopefully. But all the focus on sports and training had left her with one rather big.... problem. She had no idea what she wanted to do or wanted to achieve. Damn. In this case, Gen-Ed was a good thing. Boring, but hopefully useful. A twenty-year-old in Gen-Ed.... She was going to be the oldest in the class, wasn't she? Not that anyone would notice... Mellany wasn't exactly... tall. 5'1 if she were lucky. Grumbles aside, it definitely had some perks too. Like going to the movies with a child's ticket.

She dropped her luggage in the hotel room she would be renting for the first two to three days, according to the current plan. College probably still had dorm rooms left, and she had priority, but... well... she'd have to figure it all out first. First things first, she flopped on the comfortable bed in the small room, glancing out of the window. She was going to enjoy her time here, she knew it. There was a gym around here where she could train, an archery range, gymnastics hall. Perfect. She could keep her agility and flexibility as well as her archery skills up to date, attend college, hopefully make a more successful attempt at being social than what she had managed in high school, and hey, who knew. Maybe demons would rise and attempt to destroy the world. If that were to happen, she'd have a front row ticket. Odd idea she might actually have to fight demons soon, along with other chosen ones, to protect the world for another century. While still laying on the bed, she fished her backpack out of her luggage and took out her laptop and cell phone. While the laptop was booting up, she phoned home, as she had promised her parents to do so.

Questa è la segreteria telefonica della famiglia Capello. This is the voicemail of the Capello family. Please leave a message.

Mellany sighed. Parents asking to call her when she arrived, and then they don't even pick up the phone. Ah well... They were probably busy as usual.

"Hey mom, hi dad. I'm just calling you to let you know I arrived safely. I just dropped my luggage off at the hotel room, and I'm probably going to take a quick nap before exploring the place a little better. Maybe I'll skip the nap and go out right now. Anyway... I love you both. Talk to you later."

She hung up the phone and glanced at the window again. It was noon. It was nice weather. Why take a nap when there's a whole new city to explore? She lazily stretched and jolted off the bed, slinging a jacket  over her shoulder and pocketing her ID, some cash, and a camera in case she stumbled upon interesting stuff.

Time to explore her new home! Maybe talk to some new people, ask them to show her around or at least point her to interesting places.

(And then there's me.  I have no idea how mind will play out.  I guess I'll take it sort of slow until I figure out my style lol)

Chris couldn't have picked a better day to eat out on the town.  Hungry as always, his stomach rumbled something fierce.  There was a new sushi joint that had opened up not far from his dad's fencing studio.  After spending all morning fencing with his dad as part of his 'training', Chris thought to treat himself with a little sushi.  And then maybe some pizza.  And then a burger and fries!  The benefit of eating all you want and not gaining a single pound...and having a seemingly-bottomless pit for a stomach helped, as well.

Whenever he went swimming, he could eat just ten seconds before going in the water and get no cramps.  Lucky him.  But not, it meant he could eat one meal right after another.  It wasn't a secret that he liked to eat.  Lately he'd done a lot of eating, too.  Just a couple of months ago at his 19th birthday, he'd been told about a secret demon-fighting destiny, and it was all legitimate!  No joke!  Maybe now he'd been stress-eating.

He arrived at the sushi joint, getting all of the essentials for the most basic sushi platter, scarfed it down in a matter of minutes, had seconds, and somehow paid for it all in just ten minutes.  Quick service, even quicker chow time.  He let out a belch as he exited, a passing girl giving him a look of disgust.  "What, never heard a burp before?"  he muttered to the girl as he walked out back onto the street.  There wan't really much to his day, today.  A beautiful Saturday, autumn weather, and Chris just wanted to stroll around, eat, and do nothing.  He didn't want to fence anymore today, nor did he want to run.  He just wanted to slack off for once.  Be normal like he had always been.  He'd only known about his destiny for a few months.  It hasn't sunk in yet, apparently.  As far as he was concerned, it wouldn't come into play until he was like in his 30's or something.  He'd received a text from his mother, and one from his friends' group chat.  

From mom, "Christopher, remember that you're helping close the studio today at 6.  Your father would like you to polish the fencing blades and bulk up some of the padding in the torso guards.  Please be home right after.  XOXO."  Typical.  He'd have to help at the studio and then go straight home, later.  Geez...

From his group chat, he received an invite to chill down at the skate park.  It was old, built in 1995.  But it was outdoors and wouldn't remain open much longer as the weather turned cold.  He gladly accepted the invite, knowing pads and a board would be provided when there.  Chris jogged through town, making his way to chill with a couple of friends.

Kaidan's parents were in the living room of their apartment, typing furiously at their laptops, pairing together to write a new novel together.  Shieldcrest Chronicles had done so well, they thought to give the fantasy genre another go.

Kaidan, on the other hand, was in the garage.  Not a garage used to store their car, usually, but a garage used for working out.  And this garage wasn't directly attached to their home.  It belonged to the apartment complex, so it was shared in a small building with 5 other garages.  The actual apartments were just a couple doors down. The local gym wasn't open on weekends, so he'd set up a bench in there to work out in.  He cranked up a boombox (those still exist) with some loud music, something by a random artist.  A little rap, a little R&B, a little rock.  Stuff like that.  He lay across the bench, pressing a bar with 100 pounds of weight on either side.  200 lbs in all, he wasn't messing around.  Every day he spent at least an hour working out, self-preparing for whatever destiny was to come one day.  And his father being his usual trainer was so busy with the new book, so Kaidan had to train alone now.  Just for now.  It was unclear exactly how he'd have to fight with a certain weapon, so lifting weights and doing various activities seemed enough.  And he had a few big sticks laying around he could swing in the air.  That was something, right?  No, but seriously.  He'd trained with weapons already this week, so now was pure body focus.

The tattoos on his body bulged out, almost looking like they were moving.  Especially the faces on his arms...he swore they looked like they were speaking silently.  Sweat covering his skin, he set the bar on the rack, sitting up on the bench and wiping his brow with a towel.  He took a drink of water before standing up, popping his knuckles and back, and dropping on the floor, doing 30 push-ups.  Followed by some squats.  He hated working out.

Kaidan didn't describe himself as a fitness buff, but when he actually worked out, it was easy enough.  But he preferred sitting in his room, playing a video game on his Wii U.  Something simple, something with a lot of platforming, simple mechanics and catchy Japanese theme music.  But alas, he had to work out and get all tired and gross.   Ugh.  He didn't mind it, but he still sorta...minded it.  Not like he asked to be born into a destiny involving a lot of muscle building and demon fighting.  Whatever...time will go on.  Kaidan glanced out of the garage, watching people go by the complex.  The wind blew in the open doors, cooling him off as he rested. 

Off in the farthest reaches from civilization, deep in the mountains, an ancient castle bearing the Faye crest on most of its walls.  The banners were old, worn, ridden with age and dirt.  A dark cloud loomed over the castle, lightning striking at the castle walls.  

Within the castle walls, a dark presence had made itself known.  Some time ago, darkness of the Shadoji demons had corrupted and possessed Ascelin and company.  Time had passed since the possession, forming an army of darkness, the castle occupying itself with evil.

In the throne room, floors above the ancient tomb Ascelin had slumbered in, an explosion burst!  Lightning covered the room, King Ascelin himself appearing before his throne.  Once a warrior, he now possessed not only the soul of a demon, but the powers as well.  Magic, intellect, the works.  Not to mention the cold and dark heart.  Before Ascelin, stuck in his human form, unable to take on the demon form that had possessed him, were three creatures.  Tigella, Mortalu, and Mythan.  His generals, two of which given life through Taro and Evilash, one made from pure evil and the spirit of the dragon.

Hellocks, foot soldiers dressed in red, surrounded Ascelin and his generals.  Standing at attention, like true soldiers, weapons in hand, given power by the Red Energy within Ascelin.  He let out a thrilled breath.  

"Ahhhh!  After a century I'm finally free!  Taken in the form of the Divine Knights own leader!  Never before have I been more powerful!  Nor have you, my generals!  Tell me, how does it feel to be given new life?"  He asked his monstrous generals, pride through his expression.

---

Peter felt a dark disturbance.  The gripped his forehead, the wolf wincing for him.  Peter hurled over, grunting in pain.  "Oh God...I feel something...something dark..."  He told the wolf.  It winced again.  "I'm not even the Guardian...I guess it's just in the family.  It's as we feared...the Shadoji are back...and they've taken over their bodies."  He told the wolf.  The wolf howled in mourning.  Peter had theorized the demons were back and had possessed Ascelin, Evilash and Taro.  It wasn't pleasant to think...but this gut-feeling only he could get told him his nightmare had been realized.

"Alright, Wolf...get the others.  It's time.  We have to summon the Knights...before it's too late...Hurry..." Peter said.  The wolf nodded, running off to get the others on the farm.  Not people...but other animals.  Long story.  Peter's head still ached.  The curse of the visions, the feeling of knowledge in the Guardians bloodline making it so Peter could tell whens something was a miss.  But more on that later.  The wolf got the others, preparing to summon the Knights, praying to the ancient gods that they were ready.

At Ingrid's house, it was still normal.  A pleasant coffee conversation with her dad.  "So, Ingrid, I was thinking maybe we could go over some basic stuff today.  Maybe go in the backyard and run the usual course?  Some blocking, basic attack, etc..." Her ad trailed off, sipping on his coffee.  She nodded.

"Alright, dad.  Whatever you say..." She said quietly, grasping her cup with both hands, glancing out the open window in the kitchen.  She didn't want this life of training...but if it was her duty, she'd do it.  Even if she would rather give it up and just do her own thing...like walk the neighbors dogs like she used to as a kid for a little extra cash.  Or even babysit some kids here and there.  Not go in the backyard and use a big wooden stick to hit a tree with while jumping all around.

She wasn't over her dad keeping fate from her for so long...at least he fessed up at some point, giving her some time to train over the years.  At least.  And he made an okay teacher.  Not perfect, though.  Her head just ran through a series of musical progression she could make...not so much on the training.  It wasn't a part of her regular life..but better get it over with for the day...

As they finished their coffee, Ingrid took the cups and empty coffee pot and placed them in the sink, flipping her pink hair over her shoulders and proceeding to wash the small number of dishes beforehand.

Appearing in the chambers of the castle felt odd.  Last time they'd reigned, they were in the underworld, making a fortress of nature.  Now they had the Red Ranger's castle...most interesting.  The spawn of the Shadoji took over the castle, giving the most ironic vibe through the halls.  It was truly excellent!  Never before had the demons had a greater advantage.  The Knights had no place to go now!  Nor did they have a leader!

Mortalu stretched his arms out, appearing in the throne room of the castle in a burst of lightning, the now darkened castle belonging to them.

"After a century of imprisonment, it is good to be free!  Even if I'm to use the body of this Knight as a vessel.  But now, oh gracious one, we have never been stronger.  Our forces grow more powerful, and our only concern is how quickly we can take over this pathetic world!"  Mortalu said, replying to Ascelin.  It was a pity the Shadoji leader was stuck in human form while the rest of them were demon in the physical form.  The body of this...Taro, a former Knight and rogue, made a decent vessel.  It would do in taking this world by storm.

---

Chris made it to the skate park in a few minutes post-receiving the text.  "Hey guys, 'sup?"  He greeted his friends, high-fiving them and bro-fisting them all.  He slapped on some pads and grabbed a board, provided by his friends, always bringing spares when they come to the skate park.  "Let's rip it up, man!"  One of his friends said, skating down into the parks skating arena.  Chris grinned, his eyes pointing upward as he watched his friend go down, another soon joining.  Seeking a little thrill, Chris zoomed downward, faster than the rest, nimbly maneuvering through the arena, letting out a loud 'woo' as he dashed around, impressing his friends as usual.  How he managed to be so...dexteric, was beyond them.  So the training he'd done recently had some benefits...and running track his whole life didn't hurt, either.

Kaidan let out a long breath and paced around the garage.  He pulled out his phone and opened a mobile game, a version of Mario.  A total knock off version made for iOS, but still.  As he kicked back, pacing and playing, he thought of today's plan.  After working out, he'd probably help his parents make dinner.  Or play a retro game, maybe call up a friend and see what was going on in their life.  Better yet, he might go out, get a new tattoo!  He wanted a shield somewhere over his chest...maybe over the heart...hmmm

Oh well.  Back to lifting.  He put his phone away and immediately got back to work.  Grabbing two dumbbells, he curled the weights up to his chest, doing at least 30 curls, 15 on each arm.

Tigella delightfully--and wickedly--snickered.  Glancing around, she saw that the Divine Knights' old fortress was now theirs.  The knights weren't here, and their leaders' bodies were now property of the Shadoji!  Marvelous!  With the power of these human vessels, they couldn't do more damage than ever.  Why stop at dominating the world?  Why not just destroy it and get back at it for denying the Shadoji their rightful places as rulers for centuries?  

She gleefully scanned the room, their own leader stuck in the form of Ascelin Faye.  A pity.  Perhaps there was a spell to fix the problem?  Hmm.  Maybe somewhere in this...Eviliash's body, there was a magic so strong that it could do it.  One would assume, at least.  Taking on the form after the might tiger, she put the back of her 'paws' to her mouth, acting as if she were licking her paws.  

"Oh, master...this is truly exquisite!  In fact, taking the body of Ascelin and his allies was most brilliant!  The Orange and Violet Rangers make excellent hosts, worthy of serving you."  She said.  And only three Rangers existed.  The other Knights?  Never before became Rangers in history...too easy.

And then there's that Mythan...a creature formed of darkness and dragon's likeness.  "What about you, Mythan? How does it feel being awoken and formed after a hundred years of slumber?"

---

Braxton read through a chapter of Harry Potter before closing the book.  Putting a bookmark in it, he set the book on his desk.  Braxton stood up from his seat, walking over to the window of his bedroom.  He looked out at the vast emptiness of the area.  He had few neighbors, his home near the woods. The neighbors he had were far and few, the 'neighborhood' rather scattered.  Just living in the woods made a community divided.  But not like IN the woods.  Just on the outskirts.  Ya know, the hills.  Off in the distance, he saw another house, the home of a nice family he'd met a few times since they moved there.  Braxton had lived in this home his whole life, always taking time to meet neighbors, but never spending time with them.  His magic studies, school studies, and work of his own always came first.

He watched as wind blew through the tree limbs, leaves falling onto the ground.  The autumn leaves were pretty, but sad.  It meant the end of sunny days for most people.  If only his magic was able to make the leaves stay green and bright and remain on the trees longer.  But the forces of nature weren't o be toyed with in such nature...a pity.

He pushed his glasses up on his nose, adjusting them accordingly.  He had nothing to do, really.  He had no hobbies outside of magic and learning.  He read and wrote some...but not enough to catch his own interest.  Lately, he'd only been studying and practicing magics.  Why both with other things?  Why waste time when at any given moment, his whole life could be turned around?  He opened his bedroom window to let fresh air in, wandering over to his bookshelf, seeing what he could find on the mystical arts.  He didn't have much on it in his room, just the basics to pass time or keep him sharp.  He pulled out an old small spell book, full of basic spells any mage could do.  He skimmed through it, seeing what old spell he might be able to pull off in his free time for fun.

With a flash of lightning the four of them appeared. Mythan took the first couple of moments to glance around the castle halls. Dark, an evil presence looming in every corner. The former base of the Divine Knights was now theirs to control! The pitiful humans would not stand a single chance. Just look at the other two generals and their supreme leader. Taking over the slumbering bodies had been a piece of cake for them.  As for himself... He turned to Tigella to answer her question. "The last time you all walked this world, I was hardly even conscious. I thank the life I have been granted to our supreme leader."  The demon bowed to his master, his creator. Before, he was merely a Zord. Now he was granted a humanoid appearance as well as a soul of some kind. Infused with the magic of their leader, he was now alive. Alive and ready to fight, ready to destroy the weak humans who were to become the new Divine Knights, ready to destroy everyone who stood in their way.

Mythan looked at the Hellocks standing ready. Soldiers under his command. Soon, he would lead them into battle, fulfilling his purpose of death and destruction, leaving nothing but chaos in his wake. Mythan was ready. And hungry. Hungry for battle, a thirst for blood surging through his body. He gripped his weapon more tightly, awaiting a command of his leader.

---

Mellany kept wandering on, watching the leaves fall from the trees, watching the kids outside jumping into piles, much to the annoyance of parents who had just raked the leaves into neat piles. It was quiet outside. She had already figured the gym was closed on the weekends. Which gym would be closed on the weekends?! Those were the days most people actually had the time to go. Some things in this place... it didn't make sense to her just yet. Perhaps it would come, once she had settled in and actually knew the place a bit better than she did now. She tucked her hands in the pockets of her jacket and wandered on, a bit aimlessly, perhaps. She definitely wasn't lost. She could easily backtrack to the hotel, or if worst came to worst she'd walk into a store and ask for directions. So far she had had no luck in finding any interesting places. Sure, some food joints, but... not exactly the things she was hoping to find. If only she knew what she was trying to find... That would sure help. Mellany just knew she would know it when she saw it.

And then she saw a sign. No, literally. A big ass sign, belonging to a skatepark. She glanced in its general direction, spotting a group of friends hanging out there, skating. Mellany... she wasn't much of a skater herself, but she enjoyed watching it nonetheless. And looking around, it almost seemed like that was the only place where something was going on. And the people, from what she could see over here, seemed to be her age. Perhaps they could point her to some places to explore? The short girl strayed closer, glancing around the skatepark. Seemed like a decent place to do parkour too. And it had lots of high places to climb and sit on. Nice. She walked further into the park, nearing the group but still keeping some distance. Mellany wasn't exactly shy... She just wasn't the best around people. Especially not when meeting them. Downside of being alone a lot, or being always busy with gymnastics and archery. There simply never had been time for friends. And being picked on for being so little didn't exactly help either.

The Shadoji leader grinned, Ascelin's features indicating glee.  "We will show the humans what happens to those who dare stand in our way."  He preached to his loyal followers.  To his own demon-kind, he was fair, and not a tyrannous leader.  To all who opposed them?  Anything it takes to get on top, no matter what.  Foul evil.  "I very well couldn't leave you as a dragon, Mythan.  And someday, your power will be great enough to summon the dragon on our side without having to sacrifice you."  He said to Mythan, his most precious soldier, baring a large and heavy ax.  Tigella needed no weapon, but a staff did her good as any mage.  And Mortalu, a set of crescent-shaped blades.  A fine selection.  "Be calm, Tigella and Mortalu.  We will conquer the human world, and then destroy it!"  He said to his generals, cackling maniacally as he lifted his longsword up to the sky, lightning emerging from it and hitting the ceiling of the castle throne room.  He lowered his weapon.  "And soon, the world will be rid of Ascelin Faye's hideous form.  Soon, my true form will return.  I dare not spit my name on this mortal's body.  However, I shall entertain the notion of using Ascelin's body to destroy his precious world.  How ironic!"

---

Within 10 minutes, other animals gathered around Peter.  The wolf, an owl, a warthog, a bear, and an alligator.  A strange variety of creatures.  But all of them were calm...almost...cute?  Friendly beasts.  But they were so much more than they seemed.  Peter had went inside his house in the time passing and retrieved a collection of envelopes.  Each of which had a red seal, wax bearing the crest of the Divine Knights.  These letters were written ages ago, destined to go out to the Knights when called, delivered by an owl.  Peter handed the envelopes to the owl who'd arrived.  "Okay, girl, these are the letters.  You know who they are.  It's important we summon the Knights now.  They won't like it when they get here...but it's out only hope.  Be careful," Peter told the owl.  The owl...nodded, grasping the letters in its talons and flying off high into the sky.  Through ancient and mystical properties, it knew where to find the Knights.  And the letters would get to them...soon, one would hope.

A half hour passed by.  Ingrid's dad had decided to put off the training today.  It was Saturday, he himself was tired, and Ingrid clearly wasn't thrilled.  So no training today.  Not like the end of the world would come today or anything.  Not like she'd be called to Knighthood or anything, today.  Ingrid's dad went to watch the game on TV while she went out to the backyard.  She'd ran up to her room to get her ukulele before sitting on the back porch.  A gentle breeze swept her hair up, blowing it back slightly as she glanced around the backyard.  In the fenced-off yard, there was a small block of training gear, a shed, an old swing-set, and a small patch of flowers.  The flowers were starting to die out in this weather, turning brown and fragile.  Saddest thing about autumn, all of the plant life took a turn for the worst.

She sighed, sitting on the steps of her back porch.  Ingrid began strumming the ukulele softly, glancing around as she played what sounded like musical scales.  Not feeling particularly inspired, she just played through her scales to pass time and enjoy the sound of her ukulele.  The instrument was pink, a cheap old thing bought several years ago on vacation.  It didn't match the aesthetic of her guitar, but she didn't mind it one bit.

As she carelessly strummed away, playing scales and looking around at the yard and subtle hints of her neighbors yards, an owl flew overhead.  And in its wake, an envelope dropped onto the ground, directly in front of Ingrid on the porch steps.  It landed backside-up...revealing the crest.  Seeing it fall before her, Ingrid's eyes widened, ceasing in playing the ukulele.  That's....that's the crest...the seal...the Knights...

Ingrid shakily put the instrument down and stood up, bending down to pick it up.  "Oh goodness...it's...this is..." She mumbled to herself, in shock.  She cautiously opened the letter, tearing the seal and reading the inner contents.

The owl flew off, dashing all over the sky, locating the others and dropping the envelopes to find the remaining Knights.

(you can write the letter arriving however you want.  just react to the contents after my next post, where I actually give you what's in it xD   so just write in getting the letters and picking them up and opening them, indicating they've started to read)

With some time passing, Braxton found himself returning to his desk, leaving the window open.  The spell book wasn't full of much.  Simple tips and tricks for any beginner in magic, really.  He didn't know anybody else in the world who studied magic.  This wasn't like Harry Potter where the was an entire world for it...right?  He only knew of the Knights using it, not exactly a common household practice.  Like knitting.

He flipped through the pages of the old book, reliving some old thoughts and opinions on magic.  This was a text he used in his early stages of practice, not something he would dare use now.  It was too simple, too amateur.  

Parlor tricks aside, Braxton let out a sigh of boredom.  It was unusual for him to feel so empty on a day like this.  He'd already done his meditation, his studying, and his practice.  He didn't have many hobbies, other than doing just that.  Perhaps he'd put himself into a routine.  Hell, he had done exactly that.  But isn't routine...good?

Braxton closed the book, stacking it on top of his Harry Potter novel.  He opened his journal, deciding to log his thoughts and record his progress as far as his studies went.  A fair safety net he had established throughout his lifetime, a way to escape and let his own mind take control, rather than being thrown into fiction or something silly like that.

He didn't know it, but an owl flew over his home, dropping a letter.  The letter, almost by...magic, flew directly into his bedroom window, landing in the center of his neatly made bed.  He heard a small gust of wind over his shoulder, turning around in his seat, putting his pen down while he wrote.  He spotted the letter on his bed, bearing...the crest.  "That's the crest of...the Divine Knights!"  Braxton exclaimed to himself.  He jolted up from his desk chair, hurrying to his bed and picking it up, examining the letter and the wax seal closely.  "Incredible...this is...I'm assuming...the calling..."  He said to himself again, eagerly opening the letter, careful not to rip the seal, but more likely peel at it to open the envelope.

He pushed up on his glasses once more, his eyes scanning the contents of the letter within.  This was it..a letter from the Knights...was it time...time to join Ascelin?  Were the Shadoji back already?

(didn't write Tigella since I feel like it was unneeded.  at least for this post)

As Chris dashed around his friends in the arena, he made it back up to the high ground, flipping the board up as he did, gracefully.  His friends clapped and patted his back.  "Shit, way to go, man!"  They all said in their own 'boyish' ways, wooting and hooing at him.  Christ grinned and chuckled at them all, glancing around as he removed his helmet.

Far off, he saw a girl with brown hair in the general proximity of the park.  She looked a little...well, not lost, but lonely.  Perhaps she was new to the area and just going around and seeing what there was to do?  He thought that was a fair guess.  Chris ran a hand through his hair, glancing up at the sky.  He glanced again at the girl.  He wasn't super weird around girls, just he didn't usually approach them first.  Chris was a forward person but he always found himself a bit reserved around strangers.  Now he was the life of any party but he respected the boundaries of other people very much.  His friend nudged his shoulder.  Apparently he'd been staring at this girl the entire time.  "Chris, why don't you go over and give your new girlfriend a hug?" Asked one of them, loud enough to make Chris' cheeks flush bright red.

He swatted his friend in the back of the head.  "Not cool, dude!"  He said in protest, laughing as well.  His friend nudged him again, this time making Chris fall into the skating arena on accident.  "Oh shoot, sorry, Chris!"  His friend exclaimed.

Chris yelped as he fell, taking it like a man and landing on his ass.  His friends were laughing so hard, glad he was okay, but also laughing at how he landed perfectly sitting down.  When Chris landed, while his friends were distracted, an owl flew overhead...dropping a letter.  An envelope, old paper used to make it, it seemed.  While his friends weren't looking, Chris felt the letter fall onto his head.  He curiously looked up at his forehead, thinking someone threw a paper wad or something light.  He reached up to grab it, still sitting down.  The moment he saw that seal, that crest...his eyes lit up in anxiety, recognizing it right away.  He had only been exposed to this a while ago.  The crest of the Divine Knights.  His calling.  Destiny.  Still wide-eyed, Chris gulped, his friends walking over to the bench to get water, assuming he would get up on his own.  While alone, Chris shakily opened the letter, knowing what it would say.  "This can't be happening...not now...not today..." He dreaded, starting to read.

Kaidan, in a short amount of time after that, had began to finish up.  Done with the workout, finally, he took a towel to his face and body to absorb the sweat.  He closed the garage, making sure not to leave anything behind.  He made it back to his family's apartment just across the way in the complex.  Kaidan greeted his parents with a wave as he re-entered the apartment, going to the bathroom to freshen up a little.  He had gotten the idea to go out for food in the small amount of time between then and now, so he wanted to be fresher and more presentable.  

He washed his face, fixed his hair a little, put on some deodorant and cologne, changed clothes, and was ready to head out into town.  His stomach rumbled, earning a little something after a good workout to refuel his body.  Kaidan walked downstairs once more, saying goodbye to his parents as they wrote together, walking out the door once again.  He jingled his keys in hand for a moment, unlocking his car and getting in.  He started it up, pulling out of his space in the complex, driving off into town.

He soon found himself at a red light, stopped behind a truck somewhere not to far from home.  As he waited in traffic, eager to get to the neatest Subway for a sandwich, an owl of all things flew over the town, right around his area, making its own journey.  The owl dropped a letter down, unknown to Kaidan.  And just as the light turned green and he pulled up a bit behind the truck as it moved, the envelope fell directly onto his windshield, getting stuck between his windshield wipers and actual windshield, wedging itself safely.  He jumped slightly ,not expecting a random envelope to fall from the sky and land in a peculiar spot.    "What the..." He muttered, disregarding that he was going to eat and pulling into the street parking space on the side of the road.  He exited his vehicle when clear and pried the envelope out...freezing in place.  If not for a passing vehicle snapping him out of it, he'd have stood there for hours.  The letter...was sealed with the crest of the Divine Knights.  The Knights!  The order he supposedly belong to, the same one his parents told him about years ago, and had been preparing him for!  A part of him thought it wasn't real, but he couldn't deny the feel of paper in his hands.  He quickly retreated back into his car, hastily opening the letter.  "No way, no way, no way!  This is real!"  he said to himself, embarrassingly hyped.  He wasn't too geeky, but this was...pretty cool.  He started reading the letter.

Mellany watched the guys and their antics. Apparently she had caught the attention of one in particular and the others were poking fun at him for it. Insert eye roll. Mellany sighed lightly. Guys could be so stupid sometimes, really. She sat down on a bench nearby and watched them. If she'd be a bit more comfortable, she'd walk up and ask to join in. Then again... as she had concluded before, skating wasn't quite her thing. Now doing a little bit of parkour here, however.... That was appealing. In her mind she already went over possible routes through the park. A loud yelp drew her attention back towards the guys. She watched as the one who had been looking at her tumbling down the area, falling to his butt. Mellany couldn't help but chuckle. Glad to see he was okay, though. One could fall quite nasty here and break something. She hopped up again and wandered closer, just to see whether the guy really was alright or not. Considering the lack of screaming it was all probably fine, but better be sure nonetheless. As she hopped up, she saw something falling down from the sky. Her initial guess was that it could be a leaf of a tree. But then she realized she was in the middle of a skate park. No trees around. And trees didn't drop... envelopes... 

Mellany quickly grabbed the envelope out of the sky, just in time to see an owl flying off. Wait, what...? Owls dropping letters? What was this? Howarts? Or Ilvermorny... Damnit owl, you're ten years late! She glanced at the seal that kept the envelope closed. No... The owl wasn't ten years late... This was... No way. First day in a new town, and THIS happens of all things. Scanning the contents of the letter, Mellany kept on walking towards the group of guys. And as she could peek down, she saw the dude was... also reading a letter... No way... One year of utterly failing at finding anyone and now she just happened to run into...? NO. FREAKING. WAY.  Mellany jumped, sliding down to the guy, reaching out a hand to help him up. "You okay?"  she asked. And as she did, she peeked over his shoulder to see just what he was reading, just to be sure. Her own letter was tucked into her jacket as she slid down. Yup. Same letter. Or at least an eerie bit too similar.

The contents of each letter read as follows:

"Dear (Insert name of character here),

By the order of the Knights, you are hereby congratulated and summoned to serve.  In every generation, there are six mortals chosen by fate.  Six would would rise up along side of King Ascelin Faye and his most trusted allies, Evliash Pala and Taro Minkah, to fight the dreaded Shadoji Demons.  From mages, to rogues, to warriors, you've been selected by destiny and your kinship to the first generation of Divine Knights.  You're been prepared all your life for this, and Ascelin is most eager to train along side you to defeat the enemy.  If you're reading this, that means it is time.  The Shadoji have returned from the underworld and threaten our world again.  Now is the time to rise up.  To fight.  If you accept destiny, Knights, bring yourself to this address for your official briefing and meeting with your team.  Time is short.  Please hurry, and may the Gods watch over you.

-Hart, the Guardian"

The letters had been previously written by Alexander, Peter's father.  Clearly written long ago.  Made out to each of the Knights several years ago, each one written on the exact day of a Knight's birth.  The letters summoned the six Knights to meet at the address that gave no real indication by first glance.  The address would lead them to the Hart Farm, home of Peter Hart and his once-father, as well as the animals.  Only could only hope they would hurry.  The arrival of this letter meant they had to go immediately.  Being summoned was a major priority, and one would assume they'd waste no time in getting to that address.

Ingrid let out a cool, silent breath as she finished reading the letter.  She shakily pulled out her cell phone and punched in the address given to her in the letter on its GPS.  It didn't reveal where it led, just how to get to that place.  Almost likes its off the map?  And the letter...it was dated on her birthday, addressed to her specifically.  Damn...how did this "Hart" person know when she was born?  Probably had something to do with him being this Guardian fellow.  She looked up at the sky, blinking as the clouds went by, then looked at the letter once more.

Ingrid turn on her heel, grabbed the ukulele and ran back inside the house.  She ran past the couch, her dad calling for her to ask why she was in a rush as she bolted upstairs.  Ingrid quickly changed into a new outfit consisting of skinny jeans, a t shirt with a pink skull on it, vans, and a delicate pink stripped zip-up hoodie.  She grabbed whatever she needed and ran back downstairs, meeting her dad in the living room.  "Dad...it's time."  She said, handing him the letter.  Her dad fell silent, turning off the TV and glancing over the letter.  "So it is...the Divine Knights are gathering.  Now's the time, sweetheart..." He said quietly, standing up again.

Her dad quickly grabbed her and hugged her tightly.  "I have to go."  She said, hugging him back.  He nodded.  "I know."

He let go of her after a few moments.  "Be careful, honey.  I love you," he told her.  She smiled.  "I will.  Love you, too, dad."  She replied.  Ingrid flashed a quick smile, knowing being summoned meant she had to leave immediately. Without question, Ingrid grabbed the keys to her car and ran outside, clutching the letter in hand.  She hopped in and began her drive to the address given in the letter.  Time to meet her destiny.

Chris has just started reading his letter when he noticed someone sliding down into the arena.  He thought it was one of his friends seeing if he was alright.  Out the corner of his eye...it was that girl from across the way.  His eyes widened, Chris awkwardly jumping off of his butt and onto his feet.  He noticed he was holding the letter, still, bearing that crest.  He quickly hid it behind his back, assuming that absolutely nobody else could see it or even know about it.  Just something his parents taught him in his brief period of training.

She asked if he was alright.  And without looking her in the eye, he responded with, "Yeah.  I-I'ma alright, sorry I have to go!"  Chris awkwardly picked up his skateboard (well, his friends') and pulled himself out of the arena.  Nobody could know about his being a Knight.  Even if they wouldn't have a clue at all.  Chris, having somewhat awkwardly and rudely left the girl, ran off to the exit of the parking.  "I'll bring this back later!"  He yelled to the friend he'd taken the board and pads from.  He ran to the exit, rounding a corner and pulling the note out once more.  He finished reading it, catching his breath.  "Oh boy...oh boy..." He muttered to himself.  There was an address to go to.  He knew the general area it looked like it was in.  He could follow some landmarks to find his way.

Chris gulped.  And so destiny awaited him.  Not only was this crazy, but it was surely...overwhelming.  He didn't like responsibility.  And this one sure took the cake.  Sending a text to his mom about not being home on time, most like, he slammed the board onto the ground, memorizing the address and skating off into the city, finding his way to the location mentioned.  Nervously preparing in his mind to accept his fate and join his soon-to-be companions.

Kaidan had read the letter in his car at the wheel.  He could scarcely believe his eyes.  Summoned to join his leader and defend the world against a race of demons?  Too insane.  But also too good to be true.  And just plain epic.  Kaidan read the letter over again and again, scanning every detail of every written word.  He made a mental note that it had been dated/possibly written on the day of his birth.  That didn't stand out to him, really.  By the looks of this Hart person's signature, they reference themselves as a guardian.  He swore he'd heard of a guardian before in his parents stories.  Maybe his mother told him once before?  She did, after all, give him his mental training and lessons.  His dad handled the physical stuff, really.  

Kaidan inputted the address into his car's GPS navigation system.  "Huh...doesn't appear as any specific place.  Maybe it's a meeting ground?"  Kaidan commented aloud as he put it in.  The address only showed up as coordinates, pretty much off the map.  (if that's right, I read that at least lol)

He didn't think twice about calling home or anything.  He was a grown-ass 21 year old man!  He didn't have to report to his parents, really.  Besides, he stayed out late a lot, so they wouldn't think anything of it.  

Kaidan took in a deep breath.  "This is it.  A moment I've been ready for ever since I was told about this.  Okay...okay...let's do this."  He told himself, pulling out of the parking space on the side of the road, pulling a U-turn and letting his GPS guide him to the location he'd been instructed to go to.  

"Hey!" Mellany called as the guy jumped up and rudely left. "Geez, what is his problem?" Surely Mellany already knew the truth. Being summoned meant they would have to leave immediately. Now, she only had to figure ot how to get there. Yes, her phone had GPS, but she didn't even know the area yet. Mellany grimaced and quickly climbed out of the area again, apologising to the guy's friends, leaving the skate park, back into the streets. She fished the letter out of her jacket again, entering the given address into her phone. Strange... both how the letter was written on her birthday twenty years ago, and... Also strange how the address didn't even appear as anything on the map.

Well... Now all she could do was hope for the best and trying to find wherever she was supped to go. Mellany doubted she could just walk up to a total stranger and ask them how to get there. If the address wasn't even on any maps... Well... Would make it hard to find, and whomever she'd ask would likely think she had lost her mind. She clutched the letter in one hand, phone in the other, making her way down the street, hoping she would be in time.

Having read the letter and closely examined it down to the last detail, including his own date of birth being the date of writing.  The handwriting of this 'guardian' looked so fancy, hand scripted like someone who was just....wise.  For whatever reason, Braxton paid attention to that sort of detail.

The day had finally come.  Finally he had been summoned to his leader, Ascelin Faye, leader of the Divine Knights and his destiny.  This almost seemed too quick and early in his life.  He'd anticipated this happening at a later age, somewhere in his late 20's as opposed to being 20.  

"Absolutely fascinating," he whispered.  Braxton read through the letter again as he adjusted his glasses.  He would have to leave ASAP, no matter how off-guard he felt.  He nervously fiddled with the buttons along his blue-checked button-up, pushing up on the rolled up sleeves.  Braxton exited his bedroom, grabbing the essentials as he left.  He orderly hurried down the stairs, his parents now together in the kitchen.  

He stormed inside, alerting his parents.  "Braxton?  Son, what's the matter?"  His mother asked, concerned.  Without a word, he held up the envelope, showing the crest/seal.  His parents' eyes widened.  "Oh...so it's time."  They said together, perfectly in unison.  He nodded in response.  "Yes, it is."

His parents took a deep breath.  "Son.  You know this means you must leave, immediately.  This is what we've prepared you for your entire life," his father said.  "We love you, son.  Now is the time for you to put all of your skills to the test.  We just know you'll make us proud," his mother added.  Braxton nodded, grabbing his coat.  "Thank you.  I won't let you down.  The Shadoji won't know what hit them."  He replied...bowing to his parents.

Braxton's parents patted his shoulders just before he left.  Braxton took the keys to his car and made his way outside.  Inputting the address on the GPS, he began to back out.  Funny that the location didn't appear as anywhere specific.  "Hmm.  Must be a defense mechanism, a safe haven for the Knights."  He commented to himself.  He began the drive to the meeting place, expecting to meet his fellow knights for the first time.  

The owl returned to its home.  Peter, while it was away, had taken the time to change into a grey v-neck sweater and jeans.  At any given moment, the knights would arrive, summoned to their destiny.  Peter's head began to ache again, another vision taking his mind by storm.  Ruin, chaos, destruction...and Ascelin's face amidst it all.  Not as a champion, but as a fiendish overlord.  Something dark was on the horizon.  Something only told of in nightmares...Peter knew what it was, but he didn't want to know it.  He could only imagine how the Knights might take such information.  

Peter had retreated to his living room, uncovering a large wooden/leather bound chest from under a sheet, hidden in plain sight.  Nobody ever visited him, but it was better to hide it and nobody come over than not hide it and everyone come over all at once.  Regular people shouldn't be exposed to this sort of thing.

He took out a silk drawstring bag, a large book, and a case, locked up with a clip-like structure.  He set the objects on his kitchen counter, the owl fluttering in to the open window, perching on the windowsill.  Peter glanced at the window.  "Any trouble?"  He asked it.  The owl shook its head no.  "Good girl.  Now, go and wait with the others in the barn, okay?  I need to prepare."

The owl nodded and fluttered away, joining the other animals in the barn, flying in through the window towards the top of the wall.  Peter peaked inside the case on the counter, sighing softly.  He shut it back and opened the book, turning to an ancient text foreseeing the gathering of the Knights in a dark time.  A time much like this.  He scanned the page with his eyes, stressfully running a hand through his hair.  This wouldn't be easy...for anyone.

---

In the throne room of Faye Castle, Ascelin--or the Shadoji leader--rallied up the Hellocks along with his generals.  "Now is the time of the Shadoji.  Now is our time to rise up from the ashes and claim this world as our own.  We will burn this world down to rubble and ash, we will take what is rightfully ours.  We will destroy the pitiful humans!"  He shouted, rallying his forces up, Hellocks swinging their weapons up and down, blades slicing in the air, prepared for an assault on the human world.

"Generals.  Prepare for our first and long overdue attack on the human world.  Time to say hello to this generation."  He ordered.

(everyone just post a short reply with your villain!  next round will be the team's first meeting and arrival at the farm! ^.^)

(caaaaan do)

Tigella wickedly cackled once more at her masters wonderful nature.  She twirled her staff eagerly.  "Oh how I can not wait to put a death hex on the entire human race!  Or torture pitiful mortals with their own personal lightning storms!"  She said to herself.  Wicked and a tad bit insane, she cackled again while listening to her masters plan to rise and take the human world for their own.  Burning it all down sounded like a most marvelous idea.

She clung the end of her staff to the floor, using the lengthy weapon as a walking stick of sorts.  "I'm ready, my lord.  The humans won't know what hit them!"  She snarled, a sinister tone of voice about her.  Tigella's power was begging to be unleashed, her magic ready to devastate the human world and drive it straight to Hell, or any other dark realms.

(so....short....but so ready to meet the others as Braxton xD)

Mortalu stroked his chin like a lumberjack does his beard.  Keeping his crescent-shaped twin blades sheathed, he let out a most amused breath.  The best ideas came from his leader.  Storming the human world and taking over sounded like the best plan to date.

"Excellent.  Our forces will crush the world and rid it of those pesky humans.  Perhaps the best plan of attack is to send in the bulk of the horde first, letting them do as they please and send screams back to us as a warning that the humans are squishy enough to be stepped on.  Oh, I assume children will make excellent test subjects for poisons and such."  Mortalu thought aloud.  Using children as lab rats...brilliant!  How evil!

"We may move out whenever you are ready.  Even better, there are no Divine Knights to get in our way!  No meeting, no calling, no order!  We may do as we please!"  Not only did they now inhabit the Knights' leaders' bodies, but these bodies were the only Rangers, as well.  The strongest.  Even if an opposing force did rise to fight them, they'd be crushed like ants.

(at least I think they're the only Rangers.  that is what I remember reading lol)

(Poor Mellany blindly running around... she gonna be pissed XD But it's gonna be fun as well :P)

Mythan laughed a deep, rumbling laugh. He rolled his shoulder, eager to burst out of the castle and rain down terror upon the mortal humans. Chaos and death, fire and blood. All that would be left in his wake, in their wake, would be utter destruction. Nobody would dare to stand in their way, and those foolish enough to do so would be crushed. "I can't wait either," he spoke, his hand resting on his weapon. It was high time he would lead the Hellocks into battle once more. "The time is there to show those pathetic creatures who should rule the world."

(Speaking of short...! Well... I have reasons. One, I'm at school XD Two, there's some really serious stuff going on here now... I'll tell you over the chat)

(okay guys.  I need replies in a specific order here for this part xD  Ingrid, Kaidan and then Chris, then Mellany, and then Braxton)

As those in Faye castle planned an attack on the human world, Ingrid has just arrived.  There are multiple paths to follow in the woods leading up to the Hart farm.  Her GPS had led her to the woods, a few different dirt roads conveniently leading inside and through.  Upon entering the woods, she let out a breath.  "Oh, fantastic.  This sooo isn't how people get murdered in those cheesy movies, Ingrid.  Just delve into the woods, alone."  She said to herself, carefully driving through the woods, not wanting to hit anything, like a tree or a bush.  

As she drove, her mind fell to one topic.  The Knights themselves.  She herself, had only been training for a couple of years after a rude awakening, of a sort.  The other Knights were probably trained from birth, ready to take on an entire army at will.  Probably a bunch of big burly guys with muscles, or a lot of girls with perfect figures and toned bodies.  All of them with skill, strength, and a strong sense of power.  And Ingrid herself?  Just a pink-haired girl who's been waving around a big stick in her back yard for a few years.  She sighed once more.  

Eventually, Ingrid was led via GPS out of the woods and directly onto a property.  A house, one that looked like it could hold a big-ass family.  And a wide farm...a barn, as well. Gee, the size of this place!  And it's somewhat off the map!  What a place to be.  The sheer size of the farmhouse intimidated her.  Must be a lot of people in there...a lot of people who know what they're doing.  Yikes.  She put her car in park, a wide open space to put her car, no official parking area for the house, not even a real driveway.  Or...not even a car.  Did anyone live here?  It looked like a kept place, but not like a single soul loved there.  No car...is anyone home?

She stepped out of her car after parking, zipping up her thin jacket and glancing up at the large house.  She took the letter out of her pocket and carefully observed the address.  This was the right place, alright.  Not what she imagined though.  She glanced around.  "Hello?  Is...is anyone here?"  She called out.

From inside, Peter watched her arrive.  So far, one Knight had come...he'd wait until more came to show himself.  "I hope this goes well...so far, the first one to come isn't what I expected."  he said to himself.

(also guys, it'd great if you could all kind of continue with the characters.  Like Kaidan responds to her question upon arrival, Chris reacts to something Kaidan does on his arrival, Chris ends with something for Mellany to arrive and react to, and same with Mellany and Braxton.  is that....clear? xDDD)

(oh, like transition between characters?  in class order, it seems)

As a little time went by, Kaidan was led via his own GPS system into the woods.  The woods weren't a very scenic place to take a drive, even with an legitimate dirt road or two to drive on so you know you aren't completely lost when you shuffle through the trees with your car.  Then again, did cars shuffle?  Not really.

He eyed the trees and the path as he carefully drove through the woods, leading himself through a narrow path, not exactly needing the GPS at a certain point but keeping it on.  Wherever he was going, it was off the grid.  Better be safe than sorry.

He quickly shot his gaze down to his fingers, tattooed and tightly gripping the wheel.  "I wonder if any of the other knights are inked up."  He thought aloud.  Really, Kaidan's tattoos weren't too heavy insane, but they did give off the wrong idea about him to most people.  Hopefully these people he would meet wouldn't assume him a criminal.  He's the farthest thing from that.

Eventually, Kaidan drove up to a huge farmhouse, only one car there.  And that car was accompanied by its driver...a girl with pink hair.  He raised a brow.  "Okay, I'm not the only one who has an appearance mod it seems."  He said to himself as he drove up and parked relatively close to the girl's car.  He got out, examining the house with his eyes...it was massive and kept up, but it looked empty at the same time.

Just as the girl spoke out and asked if anybody was here, he approached her, pulling his hood over his head to shield him from the chilled breeze.  "I'm here...however I can't be too sure as to where here is.  I guess you're here about the calling, too?"  He said to her, saving introductions for later, it seemed.

He glanced.  "Surely it isn't just the two of us..."

Chris had taken the skateboard out of the city, riding it on every inch of pavement leading toward the address provided in the letter he got.  He kept a sharp eye out for pedestrians as he rode the board, careful not to bull rush somebody on the street like an idiot.  He used one foot to increase speed and direct himself, the other firmly planted on the board.  His mind raced, anxiety over responsibility taking control.  He was pretty laid back, however the thought of duty like this...unsettled him a bit.  Just a little.  Actually, a lot.

Soon enough, Chris found himself near the woods, and on non-skating ground.  He could try to skate on dirt and grass but it wouldn't go well.  He might have gotten as far as an inch, if he was lucky, that is.  "Great.  The woods.  There's always a path through the woods.  If I end up getting knocked out and wake up with a tattoo on my forehead on a boat in the Atlantic ocean I'm blaming...someone other than me."  Chris said to himself as he picked up the board and clutched it tightly to his side.  The tall trees narrowed a path before him.  Green leaves, brown bark, and various other colors of leaves turning, branches exposed as leaves fell off.  The wind caught a few leaves up, blasting them onto the ground.  He navigated through the woods nervously, noticing a dirt road with tire tracks.  People?  Someone with a car had been through here, it seemed.  

After moments of wandering, not eating any berries, and avoiding occasional wildlife, Chris stumbled upon a...huge house.  A farm house, it looked like.  A wide open space, a barn, the big-ass house looking like it could hold the cast of Full House, Friends and Seinfeld all in one.  "Whoa."  He whispered to himself....seeing two people already there.  A girl with pink hair--likely some emo chick or something--and a guy covered in tattoos.  Or at least one could assume, given the fact he was covered by sleeves and a jacket.  But a few were visible, sure enough.  He took a deep breath.  "Okay, Chris.  Okay.  They are just normal-ish people, like you.  Be cool, and don't freak out....don't wig out...like dad taught you."  He assured himself, bravely stepping out of the woods and closer to the two people.

"...nope.  Not just two of you."  He said, replying to what the guy was saying to the girl.  "Looks like there's three of us..."  he said to the strangers.  He glanced around.  "I don't supposed there's a fourth one hiding in a bush somewhere?"  He called out, jokingly, of course.

( @marorda I swear if Mell is in a bush..... lol)

(so... tempting... I'll see where this post ends up going xD)

Mellany had mostly just follower her instinct, and partially her GPS. She didn't feel like asking anybody around where the heck the location was, since it was off the map. And what better way was there to get murdered than by asking a random stranger to take you to a possibly suspicious location? Inward snarking aside for now, she hurried out of the city. The only knight she had seen had no clue they were on the same side. That asshole had hurried off before she could even properly speak to him! Granted, they were all in a hurry, but... Still. Rude, much? Not that a skateboard was a proper ride to wherever they were being led. Well... it was for one person but she couldn't exactly tag along. So she was left to her own two feet, running, jogging, walking. To not seem like she was fleeing from some sort of crime scene and to not seem entirely lost. If she hadn't been given the letter from an owl in broad daylight, if it hadn't had the seal and if it wasn't directly addressed to her, written on the day she was born, all of which were somewhat creepy details... she wouldn't be going here right now. Because honestly, who would follow unknown coordinates to wherever? That was a great way to end up either in a lot of trouble, or dead.

The seeming almost location didn't make it all look an awful lot better either. For before she knew it, she stood on the edge of the woods, with only dirt roads leading inside. Dirt roads with car tracks, so obviously someone had passed here before her, and not too long ago it seemed. That was either good news, or bad. Either another fellow knight was awaiting, or a freak with a hockey mask and a chainsaw. Or a butchers knife. Or an ax. Mellany stopped for a moment and took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart. It felt like her heart was about to break out of her chest. Her breath was shaky. She swallowed as she slowed her pace and walked into the woods, following the path, the tracks, and her GPS.

From some distance, she could see the... house? One hell of a house. A farm, a barn. Just... huge. How many people could you fit in there? Just... how many knights were there? Last time she recalled reading up on the legend there were six knights alongside Ascelin, Evilash and... and... the other guy. Whom she totally hadn't forgotten the name. She ducked behind a tree and watched the three people already there. The skater guy she had run into before, a girl with bright pink hair, and a dude whom looked like you wouldn't want to see in a dark alley. Or get on his wrong side. How... interesting. She listened to their comments, especially the skater dude calling out if there was someone hiding in the bushes. "Not in a bush, exactly. But if that scares you enough to shit yourself I'll gladly move places!" she called back from behind the tree, waiting for a second to await a reaction, but then revealing herself from behind the tree. And there she stood. The tiny thing. She strolled over to the rest, sizing them up again. So far, no change of her first impression of them. "What kind of an ass hurries off like that?" she asked, confronting the guy with their earlier meeting. "Anyway... last time I checked, there were supposed to be six knights alongside Ascelin, Evilash and... the other dude. So unless things suddenly changed the past century, we're still missing two."

The trail his GPS had led him to started at the entrance to the woods.  Braxton let out a breath, firmly gripping his steering wheel, his hands not clammy, but his heart racing.  This is something he'd been preparing for since he was a small child, raised to be a powerful mage and expert on the arcane.  He certainly knew a thing or two about magic, but not nearly enough, in his mind.  He wasn't a full-on expert, nor had he come into his full power.  He couldn't alter time and space, or eliminate an army with the snap of his fingers.  Not only as he never had experience or a need to use combat magic, but...he just...can't do it.  Everything he's learned was brought on y being a perfectionist and studying, not doubt.  He can't afford to think like this.  Braxton eyed the woods and the narrow dirt road he'd been led to.  It was one of many paths in the woods, and it didn't look like this one in particular had been taken yet, however.  He eased forward, driving into the woods and expecting to meet five other knights, people of true talent and wonder, professionals in what they did for the Divine Knights.  Like him.  A self-acclaimed pro.

To his astonishment, both good and bad, Braxton found himself nearing the end of the road, seeing a huge house.  It was massive, including a barn, as well as a lot of land.  He certainly didn't expect to find a farmhouse for the Knights, he'd expected to be summoned to the castle he'd heard about in the legends.  Ahead of him, four of the remaining five had arrived already.  Excellent.  But he didn't see Ascelin, or anyone would could be this guardian fellow.  Although, it was perfectly possible one of those people already here was the guardian.  So maybe only three knights had arrived?

He parked relatively close in the open space near the other cars, getting out to find a girl with pink hair, some Japanese skater-looking boy, a man who looked like he belonged on 'Cops' as one of the thugs being chased down, and a small girl who looked like she was scolding the Japanese guy.  Interesting....none of them seemed the guardian type.  Or looked like knights...not at all what he was expecting.

He wandered over to the other people, just as the small girl was talking.  He rolled his eyes and pushed up on his glasses.  "Taro.  Taro Minkah, the rogue who fought at Ascelin's side.  At least you got Ascelin and Evilash's names correct.  Seriously, though, that was basic stuff," he said to her, already demonstrating how...nice he was.  

Braxton looked the others up and down.  "Well...you certainly aren't whom I expected to find, here.  Which one of you's this guardian?  Where's Ascelin and the others?  The sixth knight?"  He asked them, sort of demanding and assertive.  He was being a bit bossy already to total strangers, but he already felt he was the only one here who knew what was going on as far s being a knight went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back