Other Post your favorite profile picture/avatar here!

Congenial Organism

? The Architect ✍️
Hey! So yeah post your favorite PFP or Avatar in the comments below and leave a short description of why you chose that one when you did.

Interested to see what everyone will have to say.

I'll start with mine! It was easier to change my avatar just now so I didn't have to upload and include the link but... the reason I chose this avatar is that for the longest time I have been a fan of horror movies and art. From special FX makeup to oil painting. I often spent hours looking at Zdzislaw Beksinksi's works and after a long time just searching for art I came upon Ken Currie's works and I thought they really captured a darkness that I've had to deal with for a lot of my life.

So yeah! That's the story behind my own - what about yours?

I recently watched Marble Hornets, a fake Slenderman documentary on Youtube that I absolutely fell in love with. There is a character named Skully that was supposed to be a big part of the story, but the creators decided against it. I was intrigued and decided to see if I could find more information about him. He was supposed to be a dark side to the main character- Slenderman controlling him basically. He would have had no memory of being Skully, waking up in random places not knowing how he got there. A similar thing happens to another character in the story, Masky.
Anyway, when I stumbled upon this image, I chuckled at the wide, cheeky smile and large eyes of the mask. It reminds me a lot of my personality, but it's also just a mask. While it would be what most people saw and be the basis of his personality, what's actually going on is a lot darker and more mysterious.

So yeah!

I recently watched Marble Hornets, a fake Slenderman documentary on Youtube that I absolutely fell in love with. There is a character named Skully that was supposed to be a big part of the story, but the creators decided against it. I was intrigued and decided to see if I could find more information about him. He was supposed to be a dark side to the main character- Slenderman controlling him basically. He would have had no memory of being Skully, waking up in random places not knowing how he got there. A similar thing happens to another character in the story, Masky.
Anyway, when I stumbled upon this image, I chuckled at the wide, cheeky smile and large eyes of the mask. It reminds me a lot of my personality, but it's also just a mask. While it would be what most people saw and be the basis of his personality, what's actually going on is a lot darker and more mysterious.

So yeah!
Great story haven't seen MH since... well... it's been... 7-8 years I think

I can't tell about my avatar precisely because i change it, depending of my tastes.

for now, it's the Iron Giant, i used to do a little RP with it that went well, it's a little reminder of the good days.

I can't tell about my avatar precisely because i change it, depending of my tastes.

for now, it's the Iron Giant, i used to do a little RP with it that went well, it's a little reminder of the good days.

Reminds me of A Christmas Story (1980's) "You'll shoot your eye out" kind of era where bb guns and firecrackers were a kid's best friend. Can't say I grew up in that era but my dad tried to raise me like I was so I know it well. Really good movie too... definitely some heart-wrenching moments I still can hazily remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back