Possible Alchemical names?

A fellow player in my circle named his hideous non-person (Autochon isn't part of Creation, so we decided it's a hideous non-place):

"Infinitely Complex Omega Matrix", which is kinda cool.

Apologies for hijacking this thread.

I plan to post, in the near future, a Batch of Alchemicals - a "perfect circle," if they have such a thing - and I need names for a couple of them.  I haven't built the Jade or the Starmetal yet, and I thought I'd get input from you folks.  Mostly I'd like help with the names, but if you have Charm, Ability, or Background suggestions, I'll take those, too.

The Jade Caste is a friendly, tireless lector and a great friend to the Populat.  She smiles constantly, is faultlessly polite and cheerful, and works herself to the bone to keep others' spirits up.  Her job in the Batch is to keep everyone united - to serve as the hub through which the others stay connected.  With regard to mortals, she is a morale officer.  Her nation, Nurad, grows more sullen and paranoid by the day, and elements in the Olgotary are beginning to worry that this ill-will is interfering with productivity.  She has a DSS worker's lousy attitude towards the Lumpen, but she loathes exiles, who she sees as brutal reminders of her failure.  She hates fighting, and will always attempt to negotiate with opponents who're capable of such, but she'll kill to protect her friends.  She has an Essence cannon with the "stun" submodule and an Interceptor Spark Emitter, which she uses to cover her allies during pitched battles.

The Starmetal Caste is a stone-cold ninja killer who was inserted in to the Batch by a cabal of cryptofascist conspirators [say THAT three times fast, motherfucker] within the Olgotary.  Posing as an at-large adjudicator, he is essentially a sleeper agent for this group, acting on secret instructions from them and reporting back regularly on everything he sees.  Though he is definitely motivatd by power, he also has a strong desire for justice and yearns to attain true harmony with Autocthon's Design.  He is obsessed with design weavers and spiders of all kinds.  Like his handlers in the Olgotary, he worships The Ministerial Subroutine of Surveillance, [name escapes me & book is at home].  He is a disciplined martial artist and will install the Man-Machine Weaving Engine as soon as possible.

Thoughts?

The Jade Caste is a friendly' date=' tireless lector and a great friend to the Populat.  She smiles constantly, is faultlessly polite and cheerful, and works herself to the bone to keep others' spirits up.  Her job in the Batch is to keep everyone united - to serve as the hub through which the others stay connected.  With regard to mortals, she is a morale officer.  Her nation, Nurad, grows more sullen and paranoid by the day, and elements in the Olgotary are beginning to worry that this ill-will is interfering with productivity.  She has a DSS worker's lousy attitude towards the Lumpen, but she [i']loathes[/i] exiles, who she sees as brutal reminders of her failure.  She hates fighting, and will always attempt to negotiate with opponents who're capable of such, but she'll kill to protect her friends.  She has an Essence cannon with the "stun" submodule and an Interceptor Spark Emitter, which she uses to cover her allies during pitched battles.
Custodian of Unification

~FC.

The Starmetal Caste is a stone-cold ninja killer who was inserted in to the Batch by a cabal of cryptofascist conspirators [say THAT three times fast' date= motherfucker] within the Olgotary.  Posing as an at-large adjudicator, he is essentially a sleeper agent for this group, acting on secret instructions from them and reporting back regularly on everything he sees.  Though he is definitely motivatd by power, he also has a strong desire for justice and yearns to attain true harmony with Autocthon's Design.  He is obsessed with design weavers and spiders of all kinds.  Like his handlers in the Olgotary, he worships The Ministerial Subroutine of Surveillance, [name escapes me & book is at home].  He is a disciplined martial artist and will install the Man-Machine Weaving Engine as soon as possible.
Maven Seeking Ascension

~FC.

Forn:  thanks, comrade.  I don't think I'm going to use either of those verbatim, but you've certainly pushed me in the right direction.  Thanks.

Forn:  thanks' date=' comrade.  I don't think I'm going to use either of those verbatim, but you've certainly pushed me in the right direction.  Thanks.[/quote']
No worries, Mr. Osul, I'll have to use them myself.  Upon completion, were you going to post the, ahem, finished products?

I'd be very interested in taking a look.

~FC.

Yeah, I'll post the whole Batch in the characters section when they're done.

The Orichalcum is called Instructive Radiant Arrow.  He's got a bit of Teddy Roosevelt in 'im.

The Moonsilver's name is Insatiable Collapse Harbinger, and she's the slut, bhaaaaaaang.

And the Soulsteel Caste is Brooding Walker of the Wastes.  He is kind of pitiful.

Walker has a very high Compassion, but it's his duty to patrol the ever-expanding blight zones around Nurad and "recycle" defective automata.  He cries when he kills things.  He's kind of an ugly, lonely dude w/ no social skills and a job that really wrenches his heart.  The hell of it is, he's good at it.

Walker has a very high Compassion' date=' but it's his duty to patrol the ever-expanding blight zones around Nurad and "recycle" defective automata.  He cries when he kills things.  He's kind of an ugly, lonely dude w/ no social skills and a job that really wrenches his heart.  The hell of it is, he's good at it.[/quote']
Sounds like my kinda guy.  

I look forward to their processing.

~FC.

At least he hasn't suggested shrooms.  How about Indefatigable Jade Udarnik (Udarnik=shock worker or super productive, enthusiastic worker)

At least he hasn't suggested shrooms.  How about Indefatigable Jade Udarnik (Udarnik=shock worker or super productive' date=' enthusiastic worker)[/quote']
Never heard that one before.

V. interesting - thanks.

Never heard that one before.
Its a soviet term used in agitprop, which I thought would be good with the ten year drive angle of the jade caste.  that coupled with the splat quote for the Jade caste 'we all need to do extra shifts.  I'll take ten'

Before I run Alchemicals, I'm going to lock myself in a 10 by 10 room with vodka and Eisenstein for 24 hours.

Thanks again for yr. help.  Much appreciated.

If I ever get my hands on the alchemical book, I am so going to make one based on Inspector Gadget. I don't care if it's been done. It's just something I need to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back