• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Poll results

Yes. When creating a poll, you have to select "Display Votes Publicly." Then, as people begin to vote, you can click on the vote number in the poll and it will come up with a list of usernames belonging to people who voted for that option.

Mordecai said:
Yes. When creating a poll, you have to select "Display Votes Publicly." Then, as people begin to vote, you can click on the vote number in the poll and it will come up with a list of usernames belonging to people who voted for that option.
This use to be applicable, but now you are only able to select whether the total amount of votes for each option is viewable. Example here. You cannot view who specifically voted.

In order to see the results, everyone must vote on the poll if the option is selected.

Musician said:
This use to be applicable, but now you are only able to select whether the total amount of votes for each option is viewable. Example here. You cannot view who specifically voted.
In order to see the results, everyone must vote on the poll if the option is selected.
Aw dang. So there's no way to see who voted specifically?

FloatingAroundSpace said:
Aw dang. So there's no way to see who voted specifically?
No, there is not. You can kindly ask people when they vote to post in the thread and elaborate their response, however.

Yes, there is.

I had my room-mate do a test on her non-admin account.

f8fe09e508240d79cf3d3fb95662b777.png

Mordecai said:
Yes, there is.
I had my room-mate do a test on her non-admin account.

f8fe09e508240d79cf3d3fb95662b777.png
And I'm slightly lost... how would you be able to see that again? Is it not possible to change it after you set up the poll?

To elaborate, however, you cannot go back after the fact and change the poll to show results publicly. It must be selected as the poll is being created. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to edit polls after they've been posted.

When you make a poll, select "Display Votes Publicy" -- which should be a checkmark box on top of the "create thread" underneath where you input the poll information. Then, you can click on the number of votes next to the poll option and it'll pull up a pop-up like the one above. (:

No wonder why I wasn't able to achieve that! xD I had completely missed it.

Mordecai said:
To elaborate, however, you cannot go back after the fact and change the poll to show results publicly. It must be selected as the poll is being created. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to edit polls after they've been posted.
When you make a poll, select "Display Votes Publicy" -- which should be a checkmark box on top of the "create thread" underneath where you input the poll information. Then, you can click on the number of votes next to the poll option and it'll pull up a pop-up like the one above. (:
Ah, alright. But there is no way for the creator to see them otherwise?

Hmm, do you think that would ever be something implemented?

Yea, you have to select that option in order to be able to view votes. The reason we don't allow people to select it after the poll was created was because users would vote based on the understanding that they're votes will be private, and then you go turn around and make them public. ;D If you select the "Display Votes Publicly" option, users will be notified and they can choose not to vote.

So, no, a creator will never ever be able to suddenly change a private poll into a public one after voting has been started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back