[Pokepunk] [Route One] Colors

Crocmon

Pop-punk n' space magic. Not always in that order.
Supporter
Ethan and Jace.

One awesome pair, Ethan thought to himself. He laughed as he and his new friend walked down the road side-by-side, happily walking in the daylight. There was a serenity in what was happening here. Ethan and Jace were bonding, letting in the daylight. Colors he had seen very rarely on the airships of his old home where abundant here, and boy did he feel in awe of them.

"Y'know, Jace, the color of the sky and the fragrant wind lets your heart blow open. Did you ever hear that before?" Jace made a cute shrug, and Ethan laughed. "I heard it once, coming from someone who was a bit of a daredevil back home. He would climb to the top of the big airships, just letting the wind hit him in the face and all the while laughing about it. I never knew what he meant, always staying inside. But now, I do. He was a clever guy,"

Ethan stopped, looking over the area once more. He inhaled slowly, sighing. "Come on, let's go find something to do!" He smiled, clenching a fist in front of his face and making a stance appropriate to the mood he wanted to convey. He pointed to some tall grass, and he and Jace charged into it with some excessive enthusiasm.

After taking into the grass at full speed, Ethan and Jace quickly encountered a Pokemon. It...Wasn't quite what they were hoping for.

A Hoppip popped out of the grass, absolutely thrilled to see them for some reason. It bounced and floated around, chirping 'Pip! Hoppip!' as it danced around them, wagging its tail, and flapping its leaves.

Ethan stood and looked at it, feigning happiness about it. He was expecting something a bit more scruffy. Something that would at least be able to fight back. He didn't know if it wanted to play or if it wanted to fight.

"Uh Jace, does it wanna be friends and let me catch it the easy way, or does it want to have us battle it?" he said in a state of confusion. "If you can, tell it we'll give it a treat if it just lets me catch it easy..." He scratched the back of his head.

He could battle it, but could he bring himself to hurt something that... Cute? Would Jace even be willing to take that seriously?

"Dile?" he watched the Hoppip jump around them and chatter about their presence.

"Hoppip! Pipipip, Hopp! Hoppip!"

Jace looked to his trainer and shrugged. He brandished his claw and gave a scratch onto the Hoppip, which was completely stunned for a moment...And then began to cry. Jace, seeing the Hoppip starting to cry, was absolutely devastated by what he'd done.

Ethan was totally stunned at what was happening. He figured all wild Pokemon were... Well... Wild. But this was ridiculous.

"Jace didn't mean it! It was an accident... Right Jace?!" He was scrambling with what to do. "Are you okay, Hoppip? Oh dear..."

He scrambled to find out what he could do to help the Hoppip. He'd check the wound to see if it was too light to warrant a potion. "We're sorry, we're totally new at this whole training thing and well... I didn't know if you were being friendly or wanting to battle." He said to the Hoppip, wondering if it was too upset to even bother listening to him. His first wild Pokemon... And he hurt its feelings.

He was pretty glad nobody else was around, or if there were they weren't outwardly expressing their amusement.

"Dile! Dile!" he nodded furiously, very upset about what had just happened. He thought the Hoppip wanted to fight, to play. He wasn't able to udnerstand the excitable grass Pokemon.

"Hop!" it sniffed, reeling fromt he trainer at first, but then accepting that Ethan was only trying to help. The scratch wasn't bad. Jace hadn't done much damage to it. The Hoppip spread out its leaves on its head, and closed its eyes, and then the leaves glowed. Once the glowing stopped, the scratch was gone.

"Toto...Dile!" Jace said apologetically. The Hoppip considered the Totodile for a second, before hopping on its chest excitably shouting, "Pip! Hoppip!" as if splashing in a puddle.

"I think it's happy to make new friends now," Ethan laughed nervously. "So, you know Synthesis, huh? Nifty..." He looked at the Hoppip. He figured it was playing, so he started to laugh. He gave Jace an encouraging look. "Let's have a good time for a bit. I don't think we're on any kind of clock..."

He looked around him, sizing up the grassy area he'd found himself in. The Hoppip certainly wasn't what he was expecting. He expected... More oomph. Oh well, a new friend was a new friend. Question was if he was going to be able to catch the Hoppip at all. He didn't want to just throw the Pokeball at it, because then it might get offended and get upset again.

"Say, Hoppip, would you mind if I caught you, and we became friends?" He just realized what he was asking. "Can I put you in this little ball and take you away from home?" Suddenly unsure of what to think of his new career path, he frowned. Surely that wasn't something Pokemon thought too hard about... Was it?

+1 Xp

"Hoppip!" it said with delight at the comment about Synthesis. It floated, and landed on Jace's head, which Jace thought was cute. Jace shook his head playfully, and the Hoppip floated into the air, before landing on Jace's head again. The Totodile realized they could make a game of this, and started bopping the Hoppip into the air, trying to hit the Hoppip each time; the Hoppip seemed to enjoy the game, and aimed to his Jace's head. Eventually, they missed, and the Hoppip landed on Ethan's lap, where it caught a whiff of the treats in his bag, and started sniffing intently at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back