[Pokepunk] [Flemeth] A Tail Concerto

Mewcario

It is always darkest before the dawn.
Robert was finishing up a sketch of the landscape the airship had passed over and hour prior to their decent upon Flemeth. The aerial view of the waterfall, the Swanna and Tailows in flight in their V patterns and the rolling mists that came from the pounding waterfall made for a beautiful landscape vision. Once the airship had landed, he made his trademark signature at the bottom of the sketchpad/notebook and tucked it away in his backpack. He stood up and began to follow the line that led out to the landing spot.

From there, the young teen took out the letter from his packpack, giving him directions to the lab from the Airship Port. It was going to be a trek, but fortunately it was only noonday. A nice leisurely walk through the town would give him inspiration for his artistic nature. Taking in the sights, the sounds, the people and the Pokemon would fill him with anticipation with the start of his own journey.

After a good hour of walking, he came upon the Pokemon Lab. He double-checked the letter to make sure it was the correct residence before walking up to the entrance. Raising his right hand up and making a loose fist, he rapped his knuckles lightly on the door to signal his presence to those within.

"BLASTOISE!" a Blastoise thumped up to him, looking irritable about something. It towered over Robert, glaring at him. He's never met or seen this Blastoise before.

"Pomp! Leave him alone!" the Professor called to the Pokemon.

"Toise!"

"Go!"

The Blastoise gave another huff, and thumped away.

"I am so sorry about that, I don't know what's gotten into him. I think he hasn't been getting enough attention. I'll have to play Frisbee with him later. You here for your Pokemon?"

Robert remained calm as he looked up at the Blastoise, his eyes showing more curiosity than anything. He knew that emotions could be seen through one's eyes, and Pokemon were most receptive of them. A look of fear would empower the Pokemon, while a look of stubbornness or anger could spark hostilities. Once the professor came around to call off his Blastoise, the young teen would give a smile to the man.

"Indeed, and it is quite alright. I am unharmed." he spoke before giving a presentable and polite bow of his head in greeting. "I am Robert of the Eindruck family. I have come here from my home town of Deutschus to pick my first Pokemon partner and starting gear. It is a pleasure to meet you." he said. His voice carried a light Deutcha accent, and he seemed to be a boy raised on proper mannerisms. He adjusted his red scarf so that the tail of it rested back over his shoulder.

(It would be a Deutcha accent, not a German accent.)

"I'm Professor Frakes. Come on, I'll hook you up with your Pokemon."

He led Robert into the house.

"Oh a guest! Here!" a plump woman put a trio of large, stuffed dumplings into his arms, "Let me know if you get hungry!"

Robert followed the professor into the house. He smiled to the plump woman and bowed his head lightly to her. "Thank you miss. I am fine for the moment. They served breakfast on the airship ride here. I will gladly accept one to go, however. The road ahead beyond here is going to be a long one." he spoke in a pleasant and polite tone. The teen would wait in the room while the professor went to go and get the Pokemon for him to choose from.

"Oh, no problem dearie! I'll prepare you a basket, so you don't get hungry while you'r eon the road. And you can share it with your friends!"

"My wife," Dr. Frakes explained, "She's always quite eager to feed our guests. Usually leaves a good impression with the Trainers that come through. Now, here's the Pokemon pens. Feel free to play with the Pokemon, figure out which one you get along with best."

Bulbasaur

Charmander

Squirtle

Chikorita

Cyndaquil

Totodile

Treeko

Torchic

Mudkip

Pichu

Mareep

Eevee

Poochyena

Robert gave a nod to the professor when he returned. "That's very nice of her. I'm sure she is a very good cook, and I'm sure other trainers are happy with the food she offers." the boy said before he headed into the pen and knelt down, seeing the number of Pokemon come trotting and some running over to meet him. They all seemed rather friendly, some even competitive with each other in trying to get the boy's attention. Each one had their strengths and weaknesses. One jumped up onto his shoulder and nuzzled against his cheek. It was the brown fox-like Pokemon, Eevee.

"Well, hello there." he said as he picked the Eevee up in his hands. He tapped his nose to that of the Eevee's in a friendly greeting. He soon placed the Eevee down on top of the table and began to give her an examination. Being the son of two breeders, he knew what to look for. He felt the muscles of the legs, ran his fingers over the ribcage area and looked over other areas of the Pokemon. He would then lead her with his fingertips to walk forward a bit on the table before then placing his ear against where the Eevee's heart was. "Good healthy coat, good weight, nice gait and conformation, bright eyes. Not hearing any heart murmurs. I think this cute little Eevee will do perfectly." he spoke before petting the Eevee's head and rubbing his fingertips behind the right ear.

"You know your stuff. Were your parents Pokemon veterinarians? It takes a trained eye to be able to listen and look for those sort of qualities. Still,a Pokemon is worth more than their fighting or show quality. Pomp, who you met earlier, can be very difficult, but he's my closest friend.

"Now, I'm going to need to take your picture, if you'd stand there..."

Gained Trainer ID

Gain 10 Pokeballs

Gained 10 Pokemon Treats

Gained 5 Potions

Gained Eevee

"Eevees seem pretty popular these days. Before you go onto Route 1, I'd suggest taking a stroll around the park and get to know your Pokemon better."

Robert smiled a bit. "Both of my parents are Pokemon breeders back in my homeland. They taught me how to care for Pokemon, and I always watched them perform in contests. And the Pokemon vet in town, whenever she came to check in on my parent's Pokemon, she told me what she looked for, and even let me use her stethoscope to listen to the difference between a healthy Pokemon and one with a heart murmur. They told me that a healthy Pokemon will be a happy and loyal companion for as long as you care for them, not only for their health, but care for them with your heart. I still have much to learn, but learning is the reason for the journey." he spoke to the professor with a smile.

After his picture was taken, the Eevee hopped up onto his shoulder with a happy look upon her face. Robert knew Eevees had a branching evolutionary line, and he had one particular evolution in mind. As such, her name would reflect his choice for which he would strive for her to become. "I will name you Ruby. Do you like it?" he asked the little Eevee. He watches as she barked happily with a cheery 'Eev!'.

His attention would go back to the professor. "Alright. I will head there right now. Thank you for everything professor, and your wife as well for the food." he spoke as he put everything away, including the basket of food at the very top so the food in it wouldn't get smushed. would take out from his bag the sketchbook and charcoal pencil and head out of the building.

It wouldn't take long to find the park. Sitting himself down on a park bench, Ruby would jump off of his shoulder and sit beside him. Opening his sketchpad up, he would take a mental image of his Eevee and hold it to his mind before he would start to draw the outline of his new companion. "You're quite a cute Pokemon Ruby. I know you and I will be great friends." he spoke as he used the eraser to start erasing some of the outline as he began to work on the basic shape and detail.

"Hey, you're pretty good at that, kid," someone said, having looked over his shoulder and watching him. Ruby was restless, but enjoying the time she was spending with her new trainer.

The man was an older fellow, a stark contrast to all the young and local Trainers trading Tackles with their Pokemon.

"You just pick up your first Pokemon? She's a pretty one, to be sure."

Robert turned his head to look at the older fellow behind him. The teen smiled to the man and gave a nod. "I enjoy making art, and I find this is the best way to chronicle the Pokemon I meet. I sketch their picture and then write all that I learn about them on the back of the page." he spoke before looking to his restless Eevee. Reaching over, he scritched his fingers along the back of Ruby's ear in an affectionate manner.

"To answer your question, yes, I just came from the Professor's house after pairing up with my friend here. Though it was more that Ruby here chose me, as I feel it should be." Robert spoke pleasantly before he then finished up the sketch of Ruby and closed up his sketchpad notebook. He stood and turned to the man, giving a polite bow of his head. "I am Robert, and this here is my companion Ruby. What is your name, good sir?" he asked.

Ruby, still antsy, gave him an affectionate nip on the hand.

"My name is Jeremiah Webb, I own an engineer firm here in town. I like to take a stroll now and again. My Flareon, my companion of twenty years, recently passed away, and your Eevee reminds me so much of him. Of course, I did breed him, so it's quite possible that your Eevee is his descendant. I do have a Cyndaquil I recently acquired from a Breeder, and I'm hoping to put him through his paces. Would you be interested in a battle?"

Robert gave the man a nod. It would be a good time to test Ruby in battle as well as to test himself as a trainer. "Certainly. So, obviously a one on one battle, battle will continue until one side is fainted or surrenders." Robert spoke before he stood up and moved over to a place that would be well suited for battling, not that either Pokemon were currently capable of causing damage to the surroundings. Robert looked at his Pokemon and smiled. "You ready Ruby? It's going to be our first battle together." he spoke to his little Pokemon.

His attention turned back to the older man. "Alright, since you are the challenger, you may go first." he spoke with a calm and pleasant demeanor. This was a good time for him to work on developing his own strategies. He had a few in mind, but it would depend on the gentleman's first choice of attack.

"That's not quite how it goes, son. Our Pokemon will take their orders from us as we give them. The one that strikes first is usually the faster Pokemon," he said, releasing his Pokemon, "But I will begin our match. Cyndaquil, tackle!"

"Quil!" it stood on its feet, and charged at Ruby.

Robert waited for the Cyndaquil to start the charge at Ruby. It was time to act. "Hop backwards and then spring forwards into a Tackle!" Robert called out. Now it was time to see if his plan would work. If it did, the Cyndaquil would miss and Ruby would use the built up energy in her legs upon landing to be able to push forward with greater strength and speed, much like how a spring would work. It was a gamble, but battling was all about taking chances and applying strategy. Of course, luck always played a factor.

It didn't quite work as intended. The Cyndaquil was able to compensate for Ruby's movements, and re-aimed itself, and the two Pokemon actually collided with one another, stunning both Pokemon for a moment. It was actually kind of funny. A small group of onlookers were starting to make bets.

"Cyndaquil, Leer!"

"Quil!" the Pokemon, annoyed by their mutual bashing, gave Ruby a Leer to offset her defenses.

Robert watched as Ruby collided with the Cyndaquil. It was a bit humorous, but it was also valuable data for him to make a mental note of. Now it was time to try something else.

"Ruby, Turn around and use Tail Whip at the Cyndaquil's face!" Robert called out. He hoped that she could turn around in order to try to prevent Leer from working, and the tail whip would act to lower the defense of the Cyndaquil if it worked out.

"Cynda!" the Cyndaquil was clearly insulted by the motion.

"Tackle it again!" Jeremiah instructed, and the Cyndaquil kicked at the ground, then charged at Ruby for another Tackle attack, shouting "QUIIIIL!" as it ran.

"Roll left!" Robert called out, hoping to get Ruby to roll off to the side if she was quick enough to do so. Regardless, he would have her attack with the only offensive move she knew. "Now, Tackle at full strength!" he called out.

The Cyndaquil made a hard turn, and, most of its momentum lost, still managed to connect with the tackle despite Ruby's roll. Ruby, on the other hand, had better momentum, and her attack was a bit more effective. The Cyndaquil was starting to wear, and more than Ruby was, anyway.

"Make another Tackle!"

"Quil!"

Robert knew there wasn't much in the way of strategy that he could come up with while having only one attack, and he already used Tail Whip once before. However, he had to gamble on the fact that Ruby seemed to be in better shape. This time it was all out. "Meet it head on with your own Tackle at full strength and let's end this fight!" Robert called out. not the most graceful way to battle, but right now wasn't the time to be fancy.

The Cyndaquil huffed and puffed, it was wearing out, but it wasn't finished yet. It took the tackle, and gave another Leer at his trainer's orders. It was probably going to try one more time to take out Ruby, but it was unlikely to happen; Ruby still had a lot more fight left in her.

Robert knew he had to finish this fight now while he still had the upper hand. Ruby still had fight in her and was still standing strong, but the Leer would drop her defense. "Keep up the pressure! Tackle one last time!" he called out to Ruby. He couldn't let the Cyndaquil get another hit in on the adorable little brown fox. Robert kept his eyes on their opponent, keeping himself ready to issue an evasion order if he needed to. He could feel the adrenaline of the battle coursing through his veins.

The Cyndaquil went int for a Tackle, but Ruby was too fast for it, and its attack connected. The Cyndaquil was unable to stand, and it fell, fainted. The gentleman tipped his hat, returning his Cyndaquil.

"Your Eevee fights well. I am impressed. Keep building your bond with her, and you'll do great things together."

Gained 2 levels

Gained $3

Robert smiled to the older man and gave a polite bow of his head to him. "Thank you and thank you for the match. Your Cyndaquil fought well." he spoke to the gentleman. He then knelt down to Ruby and picks her up in his hands, kissing her forehead. "You did great Ruby. You're as strong as you are adorable." he spoke to his little brown fox. He placed her on his shoulder. He was quite pleased with how his first battle went with a victory for them both. He'd have to make sure to save up his money for healing items and other necessities. For now, he'd let Ruby rest on his shoulder before he began to walk through the park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back