Pokemon: Two Trainers Journey Across Kanto!

theorph99

Degenerate Animal Crossing™ Cheater
Between Me and @Lunar-Eclipse

kanto.jpg

Map of Kanto in case we need something for reference. ^.^ 
Outside of Cerulean City on Route 4 is Mark of Pallet Town. With his Butterfree and Spearow flying around while Mark searches on the ground for a particular Pokemon to fill into the Pokedex. The particular one he was looking for was a Sandshrew. It is around this area,but its a little rare to find. "Anything guys," John shouted above to his two flying Pokemon,which shook their heads. "Drat. Keep looking for a little bit longer! We'll head back into town if we don't find it within the next hour!" His Spearow and Butterfree shook their heads and flew off in separate directions looking. "Can't believe I'm having this hard of a time looking for it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sylvia Harris had just made her way out of Mt. Moon and entered route 4 in Cerulean City. Earlier she had just earned her Boulder Badge thanks to her Bulbasaur. For now she was looking around Route 4 to see if there were any Pokemon to catch. Her Clefairy and Bulbasaur were the only ones she had out of their Pokeballs. Slowpoke was being lazy as usual so she let him rest. There wasn't much luck for her for finding anything so she sat down on the grass. "There must be something! Maybe I should just go fishing instead..." She mumbled.

Suddenly, her Bulbasaur ran off in the direction to the city without her and Clefairy. "Wait!" She shouted to him. Being recently given to her, Bulbasaur wasn't very tamed.

Mark heard a cry from his Spearow. "Wonder if he found something? Hey Buterfree keep up!" Mark ran over towards his Spearow with Buterfree. What he saw seemed to be odd. His Spearow located a Bulbasuar,not only that it seemed to be picking a fight with it. "Hey Spearow cut it out!" Mark pulled out Spearow's Pokeball and forced it to return. Putting the Pokeball in his holder as it shook violently because Spearow wanted to come back out. Mark inspected the Bulbasuar. "Looks like it was only scratched up slightly." Though the Bulbasuar seemed to be hostile towards Mark as well,though he couldn't blame it for being attacked by his Spearow.

Sylvia could hear her Bulbasaur from where she was and quickly ran to where she heard it from. Her Bulbasaur was with another kid who appeared to be a trainer as well. Bulbasaur turned around and saw her with a blank expression on his face. Sylvia put her hands on her hips and looked peeved at Bulbasaur. "Why did you go off on your own?" She asked in an irritated tone.

Bulbasaur looked at her nervously. Sylvia sighed, "Just...don't do it again." She looked up to the boy, "Sorry about him I hope he didn't cause you any trouble. I'm Sylvia!"

"I should apologize to you. Seems that your Bulbasuar got into it with my Spearow. Sorry." Mark looked and felt embarrassed to admit this to her. "Anyway my name is Mark. Nice to meet you Sylvia." Mark's Butterfree examined both Bulbasuar and Sylvia inquisitively. "And this is Butterfree. He does this to get a good understanding about you so don't feel frightened." Butterfree flew back to Mark's side after examining them thoroughly.

"Your Spearow tried to fight him? Well I suppose that's not your fault." Sylvia said.

She looked over to Mark's Butterfree and smiled. Sylvia loved all Pokémon so his Butterfree examining her was to her pretty cute. "Judging by your Pokémon I'm guessing you're a trainer too? I'm here to challenge Misty over at the Cerulean Gym. But I've also been hearing some rumors about Team Rocket being around here too..."

"Even so he's still my responsibility."

Mark was impressed that she figured he was a trainer. "Yep! I've been a trainer for a good while. I'm just now heading out on my own though."

He was also impressed that she was going to challenge Misty and was a little off-set by the news of Team Rocket,"She'll be tough so watch your back. I've heard some trainers has been stuck beating her for a while. Team Rocket however shouldn't be an issue. They've been rocky even since they broke up years back. So now its just former members just causing ruckus."

@Lunar-Eclipse

Bulbasaur perked up when he heard about how tough Misty was. Sylvia giggled at him, "Bulbasaur seems pretty confident about beating her. He is a grass type after all."

Whatever made Team Rocket disband had always been a mystery to Sylvia. Maybe she was just clueless but it was something she still wanted to know. "What did happen that disbanded Team Rocket anyway?" She asked curiously. Maybe Mark knew more than her.

"With your type advantage I'd say just train some,and you'll be good."

With her asking about how Team Rocket disbanded,Mark seemed happy to give her an answer. "Well, from what I remember reading they were orignally disbaned here in Kanto by a trainer who took down their leader. About three years after that event they started causing trouble in Johto. If you've heard about the 'Lake of Rage incident' thaw was their doing apperantly. Another trainer in Johto stopped them there. With that they haven't been able to get off their feet since."

Mark eyed her,"You didn't happen to plan on checking them out did you?"

Sylvia shrugged at the question, "You said yourself that they haven't been able to do much in recent years right? There probably wouldn't be many of them here anyway."

Bulbasaur and Clefairy had become rather restless and began pulling on Sylvia's leggings to get going. "Ok ok! Looks like they're ready to see Cerulean City now. You coming with us? Who knows maybe we could train our Pokémon together." Sylvia smiled.

"Sure. I wouldn't mind seeing the city with you." Mark decided that a training buddy would also be nice as well. "There's a field for Pokemon battling at the Pokemon Center so we'll battle there whenever you're ready."

((@Lunar-Eclipse Drat didn't mean to make this one so short.))

((It's fine ^^))

Bulbasaur was one step ahead of the two and led the way to Cerulean City. "Well Bulbasaur here sure is ready! I think a Pokémon battle before challenging Misty is a good call that way we can both be more prepared. I'll meet you at the Pokémon Center. Hold up Bulbasaur!" Sylvia ran after the grass Pokémon with her Clefairy gleefully walking behind them.

"Yeah. A little rest at the Pokemon Center is a good idea." Mark smiled at her chasing down Bulbasuar. "Okay I'll meet you there!" Mark looked over to his Butterfree,"Well we can't dawdle too long. Let's go." Mark returned Butterfree to his Pokeball as he followed behind Sylvia who already got a good distance from chasing her Bulbasuar.

Bulbasaur had been in front of Sylvia the whole way to Cerulean City. When their group made it to the Pokémon Center Sylvia had him stop before he could wander around the city any further. She entered the center and saw the usual nurses who worked there at their stations. "Ok now I need to return you guys into your Pokéballs." She got out the two capsules and put the Bulbasaur and Clefairy in each one.

Sylvia stepped up to the counter, "Welcome to our Pokémon Center! We heal your Pokémon back to perfect health!" The nurse said.

Sylvia handed her the three Pokéballs. The nurse took them to the machine. When the pinging noises were done she returned them to Sylvia, "Thank you! Your Pokémon are fighting fit! We hope to see you again!"

Sylvia said thanks and went over to another area of the center and sat down. She sent out Bulbasaur, Clefairy, and Slowpoke. "All right before we start battling I think you guys need something to eat!" She pulled out some Pokémon food and began giving some to each of them.

Mark got to the Pokemon Center a little after Sylvia entered. He noticed her feeding her Pokemon so while she did that he healed his Pokemon. Once he Pokemon were healed Mark figured that they should eat as well. So he pulled out his three food bowls for each of his Pokemon. Once filling them out he released Spearow,Squrtile,and Butterfree. "Okay fellas eat up." The three Pokemon gulped down their food happily. While they ate Mark walked over to Sylvia. "So you'll be ready once they finish eating?"

@Lunar-Eclipse

((Sorry I didn't write this sooner! >-<)

Sylvia looked up and saw Mark, "Yup! They take their time to eat though so it be a minute." She said.

Bulbasaur was eating his food much faster than Clefairy and Slowpoke who were taking their time as she said. Her guess was that Bulbasaur was getting overly excited over another Pokemon battle. After a few seconds, he finished and pushed Slowpoke and Clefairy for them to as well. Sylvia rolled her eyes, "No need to be pushy..." She muttered.

Another minute passed and the two were done. She got up from her seat, "Okay we're all fueled up and ready!"

At the same time Sylvia's Pokemon finished eating so did Mark's. Mark put up their bowls in his bag. "Looks like we're both good to go." Mark returned his Pokemon to his Pokeballs. "Well let's go,"Mark started on his way out."

(Its no problem @Lunar-Eclispe )

"Right!" Sylvia returned her three Pokémon back to their Pokéballs as well. She picked up her bag and stashed the capsules in there to carry. She followed after Mark on his way out and looked around, "Where's a good place to battle in Cerulean City anyway?" She asked.

"Well various places,but most Pokemon Centers have a field for battling. Its to make it more convient for trainers who want to battle without causing ruckus in towns." Mark showed her towards the field.

"Perfect too. Its empty so we don't have to wait." Mark went to one side of the field,"Rules will be simple. We each use one Pokemon in battle. If one of ours faint then that's counted as a win."

Sylvia followed after Mark and walked over to the other side of the field. "Sounds good to me!" She said grinning.

Sylvia decided to use Clefairy for this battle. Being a fairy type she wasn't weak to many other types. She reached in her bag and pulled out Clefairy's Pokéball, "Go Clefairy!" She shouted and released Clefairy from her Pokéball.

((True. Though you could still refer to it as a Fairy type anyway if you please. It won't bug me either way.))

"Clefairy. Okay then,"Mark pulled out a Pokeball,"Okay Butterfree come on out." Mark released Butterfree into the field. Since Butterfree can cause status effects it will be helpful to counter Clefairy. "Okay Butterfree use Sleep Powder!" Butterfree flew over to Clefairy releasing powder that causes someone to fall asleep as it flew over.

((Edited it ^^))

Sylvia saw Mark release his Butterfree out for battle. Choosing Butterfree was probably his best choice against Clefairy and Sylvia began to think maybe Slowpoke would've been a better choice. But most likely not since he wasn't very competent in battle. Sleep Powder was a good move she had to admit but now she was helpless on being able to fight him. Clefairy took the attack and fell asleep. "Great what's there to do now?" She muttered to herself. There really wasn't much to do except try to wake up Clefairy herself.

Mark noticed that Sylvia was not waking up Clefairy instantly with a Awakening or Full Heal "A good tip for battling is to be prepared for status effects." Mark then gave his next command to Butterfree,"Okay now use Confusion!" Butterfree fired Confusion onto the sleeping Clefairy.

Sylvia slapped her forehead, "Duh! Where did I put my items anyway?" She dug around her bag until she felt her box where she kept her healing items.

She pulled out a full heal and used it on her Clefairy. Instantly after the attack, she woke up ready to fight. 
(I wasn't sure if Clefairy could attack right after. I can change it back if she can.)

Though Clefairy woke back up thanks to the Full Heal,Mark wasn't too worried. Since Clefairy took that Confusion hit it shouldn't be too much more to take it down. "Okay Butterfree now use Tackle!"

Butterfree tackled the Clefairy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back