• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pokemon: The Eternity Arch ( closed)

Alex didn't like having to wait for a partner to arrive, he didn't like there being a partner at all. If Alex had his way he would be going alone just like was normal for pokemon trainers, but team rocket had made its new presence known and the roads were now more dangerous than normal. Still at least he had talked with the professor to get a few things corrected on his license before this partner arrived. Still this was starting to get annoying waiting and burning daylight not to mention keeping ghastly penned up in a pokeball but he wasn't going to be one of those clingy emotional trainers that kept their pokemon outside their balls , he wasn't going to be so emotional anymore. He just needed to stay serious and in control.

Yuuki was sitting in a park near the Pokemon Laboratory. She arrived soon after driving from Cerulean City. Her initial Journey was relatively short. She was relatively hesitant to meet up with another Pokemon trainer for her journey but with Team Rocket's recent activity it became necessary.

Yuuki arrive at Professor Oak's Laboratory. She sees a boy hanging around. He seems to be waiting for something. So Yuuki go up to him and introduce herself to him." Hello my name is yuuki. Have you been waiting long?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex turned to Yuuki when she started talking to him. He couldn't help but instantly dislike this situation he would rather have been stuck with guys over a girl. Still she at least seemed friendly enough but he knew how two faced women could be so he was on his guard. Well she seemed to be older like him when it came to starting a journey so he guessed it had been some age group thing having 16 year olds out with 9 year olds alone did seem a bit odd unless they had a big group.

" I'm Alex and yes i have been waiting " Alex said a little bit hostile but more cold " Do you have your pokemon or do you need to talk with Oak?" He asked.

Yuuki thinks for a second. She didn't have a Pokemon yet but she really wanted a water type Squirtle. She grew up at Cerulean gym. So it was no surprise that she favorite water type Pokemon. Her role model is the Cerulean gym leader Misty. Yuuki says with a bit of anxiety in her voice" no I have not gotten my Pokemon yet I was hoping to get Squirtle from Professor Oak Laboratory. So I guess that you be the guy I'll be traveling with during my journey. I think the people who are making these rules that we have to travel in groups is a bit extreme. I mean Team Rocket can't be that much of a threat to new trainers."

Alex just sighed he didn't want to travel with anyone either but he saw the reason " Team rocket used to not be a threat but they have gotten worse lately " He said " Some trainers have simply vanished after seeking to get rid of them" That was why the new rule existed they suspected that team rocket was either kidnapping or worse the missing trainers. Alex had found little evidence of the worse option but if they had simply been moved before their end he could have missed them.

" Well oak is inside I'll wait here he and I had something of a go so I don't think I'll be talking to him much" Alex explained.

" do you already have your first Pokemon" said Yuuki with curiosity. " I want to know all about it as soon as I get my first Pokemon from Professor Oak." Yuuki turns towards Professor Oak's lab and enters the front door. She sees Professor Oak standing there waiting for her.

" welcome new Pokemon trainer to the world of Pokemon. I am Professor Oak and I'm here to greet you tell you about the beginning of your Adventure. But first here's your Pokedex and I want you to choose one of three Pokemon. Your first choice is a Charmander a fire type, Your second choice is Bulbasaur a grass type, and your third choice is the Pokemon Squirtle a water type. Now young trainer What Pokemon do you want?"

Yuuki goes over and picks up the Pokeball on the farthest right and says " I choose Squirtle."

" oh what a wonderful choice. When was a wonderful Pokemon with this one is quite shy so so be aware that you may have to you have patience to have Squirtle come out of their shell. So following the new rules you will have to travel with another trainer I am hoping that you guys have met. Have a wonderful Journey" say Professor Oak.

" I think you Professor Oak I'll take good care of Squirtle and I have indeed met my new partner outside. I hope we get along and our journey is great. Bye Professor Oak" says Yuuki as she leaves through the door and runs into Alex." Hey Alex I got my first Pokemon it is Squirtle" says Yuuki can with excitement in her voice.

Alex had been leaning against the building waiting for Yuuki to come out, wondering if perhaps he was being too harsh. He wanted to show he wasn't the emotional cry prone person he had been back home whose only friends were ghosts. Still that didn't mean he had to be hostile like he felt he had been though his doubt could just be him being emotional. Soon enough Yuuki walked out apparently she had chosen a water type, Alex did find it odd to just pick a pokemon off a shelf and expect it to go with you forever he had at least asked ghastly.

" I have never much liked the idea of picking a pokemon off the shelf, it just seems weird" He said his tone not cold but not excited " But most people don't have a choice so let's go" He said moving off the wall and just starting to walk off.

" Professor Oak said that this Squirtle is quite shy. I was going to bring him outside of his pokeball now but I'm think I'm going to wait until we are by ourselves. So we don't scare poor Squirtle." Yuuki says with caring tone in her voice.

Yuki and Alex walk around for a bit until they reach the end of town. Suddenly Yuki stops and says" hey Alex where are we going to go from here."

" viridian city to pewter then going around to each city with a gym" He said there were contests here and there but there was no way he was dressing up for something like that to girly in his opinion. " Why isn't that the way trainers always go?"

" I wouldn't know. I never left Cerulean City up until now. Other than the Cerulean gym I have no idea where are all the gyms are and what Pokemon they use." Yuuki says to Alex as she takes out Squirtles Pokeball and looks at it. She wonders if her and Squirtle will make good partners and what kind of partner Alex has.

" I never left home but I at least did a little research " Alex said almost sounding condescending to yuki.

Alex didn't mean to but she didn't like the idea of just wandering to her the journey was already on a schedule. He saw it less of a spiritual discovery journey and more of a controlled tour around the region to show others he could do it.

" We will go to pewter city there is a rock gym there" He said in a tone that said he wasn't going to deviate from this plan.

In a meadow between ViridianCity and Pallet Town Alex and Yuuki walking around. "When suddenly Yuuki says hey how about we stop for a little bit and and release our Pokemon from their Pokeballs. We can have a picnic while we wait and relax."

Alex wanted fro make up for lost time that he had spent waiting for Yuki to show up. When she suggested they stop and let their pokemon out he was slightly annoyed as that mean they were wasting time. He did want to let ghastly out but he knew how loving ghastly was.

" We lost enough time today do you want to put us further behind?" He asked his voice sounding very annoyed.

Yuuki was going to say something too Alex but suddenly wild Pokemon surrounded them on all sides. " I guess this conversations going to have to wait. We are surrounded right now. What kind of Pokemon do you have with you?"

Alex looked around as they were surrounded by random low level pokemon. they would have to fight it seemed, well that was the point.

" come out ghastly" he said and as soon as ghastly was out it tackled Alex and gave him a lick " Come on be serious ghastly" Alex begged

Yuuki sees all the Pokemon around her and Alex's Ghastly. " I guess I should help too. Squirtle come on out" says Yuuki holding Squirtle Pokeball. Squirtle obviously looks nervous around his new surroundings. A wild Weedle attacks Squirtle with poison sting. As it does Squirtle uses withdrawal and hides in his shell. " come on Squirtle you need to try using an attack" says Yuuki.

Some of the wild Pokémon tried to attack Alex's ghastly who instead attacked them easily dispatching them given the level difference between him and the others. Really this much was not hard given the difference in level of pokemon found around here and in lavender town. Still as more attacked they did hurt the ghastly but backed off and ghastly got off Alex.

" Maybe now you will be serious Kitten" Alex sighed using a name he had given to the ghastly long ago.

Squirtle continues to hide in its shell. She thanks to herself that it was a mistake to bring Squirtle out right now hurries Over to Squirtle and covers it with her body in order to prevent Weedle from stinging Squirtle anymore. " Squirtle It Be OK I am going to protect you" says Yuki covering Squirtle and hugging him close to her. Yuuki then takes out Squirtle Pokeball an ask it to return.

" You should not baby your pokemon, they fight that is what they do in the end and they will never be stronger if they cower and hide" Alex said harshly as his ghastly licked the weak pokemon into submission . most feinted and could not be caught however Alex did manage to catch a caterpie that didn't pass out on the spot.

When at last the pokemon were all passed out he turned to Yuki " Just what was that sorry performance?" He asked annoyed or rather angered by Yuki's seeming inability to have their pokemon fight at all.

Yuuki was more concern for Squirtle then at what alex said. " fighting Pokemon isnt all that matters Alex. Squirtle will be strong. I know it. Besides you got something out of it. Didn't you?" Yuuki says holding her side where the Weedle stung her. She takes out poison heal bottle from her bag and sprays it on her wounds.

Yuuki sits for awhile thinking about squirtle "so this is what Professor Oak meant about Squirtle." Yuuki says out loud.as she says that yuuki notices oran berries bushes next to her. "Hey Alex i found something for your pokemon here. Here!" Yuuki says as she holds out her hand for him to grab.

" If they do not fight they don't grow strength is built upon courage and battle " Alex said showing his idea of strength.

"Ghastly return" he said holding the poke ball out though nothing happened " I'll take the berry if you cover your ears" He offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back