• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: The Chance to Shine!

MissSoulfulPoetKat

The Dark Poetry Mistress
It's been 3 years since the events of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. The heroes of the Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, Hilda and Hilbert, have returned to Unova and reunited with Cheren and Bianca. The champions of Black 2 and White 2, Nate and Rosa, have passed the torch back and returned home.

Pokestar Studio has started a search for new, fresh talent. And gym leaders have been preparing constantly for new challengers. Lenora, Chili, Cress and Cilan have become gym leaders again, giving trainers a choice of 10 gyms to choose from to get their 8 badges to be able to participate in the Pokemon League. Drayden has retired, leaving Iris to take over the Opelucid Gym. Professor Juniper now offers more choices to young trainers starting their journeys.

For one reason or another, a number of new trainers have traveled to Professor Juniper's lab in Nuvema Town to receive their very first Pokemon and start their journeys. Alone or together, just what does fate have in store for these young trainers? Will they become Champions? Will they become movie stars? Only time will tell.

Note: Please keep OOC here and Character Sheets here.

Tessa, like many young trainers, was eager to start her journey. So after breakfast with her family and a quick set of goodbyes, she grabbed her bag full of everything she'd need and set out to on her journey to Nuvema Town. She lived in Driftveil City so it would take her a long time to get there. Hopefully she won't get lost. Then again, with the map her brother got her, she didn't have to worry too much.

Lost Lost , Aero Aero , Webs Elk Webs Elk , Tsutarji Tsutarji

Catherine sighed as she walked around , she knew the was the big day to start her Journey but she was so nervous and scared that something bad was gonna happen to her. "well can't be scared forever" she whispered and she started to grab the things she needed and she walked out of her house and down to Nuvema town. She lived in Nimbasa City so it was a long walk for her.

Aqua Storm & Geo Storm

Aqua's Team
8c71e94a53c4de886e8c11188091a4fb.jpg
None
MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat We're going to Nuvema to get our starters correct?

Geo's Team
160px-HeartG_Maz.png
None
Aqua and Geo were both excited. Today was the day that they would start their Pokemon adventure. After a morning of Aqua making sure everything was packed and Geo making sure they both ate something, they hugged their other siblings goodbye and got on their bikes.

"You ready, sis?" Geo asked the red head, with a smile.

"Yep! Are you?" Aqua said with a grin.

Geo pulled out the map and gave it one more glance before nodding that he was ready. They both started pedaling. Despite being on their bikes, it would take a while for them to reach Nuvema from their hometown of Undella.

Last edited:
Dwyer Tucker
"Woo hoo!" The shout from a brown-haired teen filled the home of his Unova host family in Nuvema Town. Dwyer had jumped out of bed not too long after his shout and began to get ready quickly. Today was the day he would receive his first Pokemon! The adolescent could not wait any longer and rushed to the door. Unfortunately for Dwyer, he was stopped by his host mom. "Dwyer, are you sure you are ready?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. Dwyer let the question run through his mind and then he nodded. "Yup!" His host mom laughed and held up his shoes. Dwyer looked down at his bare feet and let out a chuckle. "Oops." It was going to be a bit before Dwyer headed out.

June Winslow
June walked out of her plane and to a look at her new surroundings. She couldn't believe that she had finally made it to Unova. June stared in awe as the Pidoves flew across the sky above her. The scenery made the usually stoic girl smile as she couldn't wait to complete this region's Pokedex! 'Well, I should stop lollygagging and start making my way to Nuvema Town.' June thought to herself and let out a sigh. The trip from Mistralton City to Nuvema Town was going to be a long one.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Said, the ship captain. Elija of course was already halfway there by the time he finished his sentence. For he had just jumped off a ship to get to nuvema town. Because it not only is the fastest way but the most fun. He was asking for directions within seconds of reaching shore even though it is so small.

|Jay|
Jay stiffened as he felt a trail of slobber grace his face. He slowly opened his eyes to find Charmie, his uncle's lillipup, licking him. The little dog Pokemon had, despite Jay's efforts to keep him out, once again found a way into his room.

After an initial moment of shocked annoyance, Jay shoved Charmie off. "Only Arceus knows how you get in here." He stood up and headed downstairs, Charmie yipping at his heels.

His uncle was more of a morning person. The large, boisterous man was cooking in the kitchen, a cheerful look on his face and a pink apron tied around his waste. According to him, Jay's mother had made it for him, and he wouldn't be caught dead cooking without it. "Good morning Jay!" His uncle boomed, all the while flipping some pancakes. "Today's your big day, huh!"

"My... what?" Jay muttered groggily.

"Why, the day you get your first Pokemon!" At that Jay jumped. He couldn't believe he had forgotten. He'd been looking forward to today for years; today was the day he'd meet his partner, and begin his journey to the Pokemon League. His eyes darted towards the door, but his uncle stopped him before he could make a move. He shoved a plate of pancakes in Jay's hands. "The others won't be here for a while. You have time for breakfast." Jay knew it wasn't open for discussion. With a sigh, he sat down and began eating.

Last edited:
Tessa was eagerly thinking about what starter she was going to pick once she made it to Nuvema Town. 'Fire types and Grass types nice but then again, Water types are pretty cool too. Maybe I could pick one like Froakie or something.' She thought to herself with a smile on her face. 'I can't wait to get there and meet the Pokémon I can make my dreams come true with.'

At the same time trainers were getting ready to begin their journeys, Professor Juniper was setting up everything she'd need to get new trainers on their way. A few boxes containing empty Poké Balls and others containing Pokédexes were placed in a neat line. The Poké Balls containing starters were placed neatly in containers, sorted by the regions they originated from. Professor Juniper was more than prepared for new trainers to arrive.

Professor Juniper was more than prepared for new trainers to arrive.
And she didn't have to wait long. Shortly after she finished a soaked elija walked in. "Hello is this professor juniper's lab, I heard that new trainers can get a new friend here as well as a pokedex." Elija said instantly after walking into the lab.

Aqua Storm & Geo Storm

Aqua's Team
None

Geo's Team
160px-HeartG_Maz.png
None

Aqua and Geo started talking about what starters they'd get.

"I like Grass Types but Fire Types are cool too. What are you getting"

"I'm definitely getting a water type. Which one is the question."

"What about Mudkip? He's pretty cool."

"Why not! Anyway, I think you should go for a Grass Type."

"Which one?"

"How about Treecko? You've always like him."

"Oh gosh! I can't believe I actually forgot about him! Well that's settled! Treecko and Mudkip."

"Just in time, too. Look!"

Aqua and Geo looked ahead and saw the sign to Nuvema Town.

"Finally!" Geo exclaimed. After traveling nonstop, skipping almost every break, Geo was ready to find something to eat. Aqua and Geo headed into the small town, riding towards the lab. They parked their bikes outside and walked into the lab.

Geo ran through the doors and immediately slipped in a puddle of water, "What the -- ?!?!??!"

"Geo!" Aqua ran over to help him up, but Geo shooed her hand away.

"I'm fine! Really! Let's just hurry and get our pokemon so i can eat!"

Aqua laughed, as she turned towards Professor Juniper, " Hello, professor! We're here to recieve our starters."

MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat wdinatx wdinatx

|Jay|
Jay set aside the empty plate with a huff. "Done! May I leave now, uncle?" His uncle grinned.

"Why, you remind me of your mother when she was your age. Ever the go-getter, that one." His smile remained, though it now seemed more nostalgic than humorous. "I guess I have to let you leave the nest some time. You may go, my boy." Now Jay was the one grinning, and after a quick hug with his uncle he bolted out the door.

Nuvema Town wasn't nearly as impressive in size as Black City, nor did it house a gym to encourage tourism. The town itself consisted of only a few homes, with little grass in between properties. In fact, there wasn't much of note besides the giant lab near the forest entrance. But it was home, and he wouldn't change a thing.

Jay didn't waste a second more once he was outside, and headed rather quickly towards the lab. The impatient youth had to mutter more than a few apologies to those he nearly plowed over in his haste, but eventually he found himself at Professor Juniper's laboratory. He pushed the door open...

...and nearly crashed into a boy standing in the entrance. Stopping himself just in time, Jay looked up at the youth. He appeared around Jay's age, if not a little younger. He must be here for a Pokémon, too.

Jay sighed. He was a little surprised that an outsider had beaten him to the lab, but he didn't mind being second in line. But, he realized as he looked to the right, it seemed second place was too farfetched to hope for. Not only had one trainer-to-be gotten here first, but two others were already speaking to the Professor.

"Oh well," He muttered. "I didn't choose a starter ahead of time, so it's not like there's any rush."

|Mentioned|
wdinatx wdinatx Webs Elk Webs Elk

Last edited:
Dwyer Tucker
Dwyer let out a sigh as his host mom finishes packing a few extra supplies in his bag. It felt like forever, but finally, Dwyer was given the okay to go, which made the teen leap in joy. "Woo hoo!" He shouted once more and ran out the door waving goodbye to his host mom. The lab was only a few blocks away from his host home, and so Dwyer had no time to think about what Pokemon he wanted. All he knew is that it had to be something that would evolve into a Flying-type! Dwyer was surprised and a little upset to see a few people were already there. He thought he was going to be the first since he did live in the town after all. Alas, Dwyer shrugged it off and gave a bright smile to everyone inside. "Hello, Professor and everyone else!" He greeted.

June Winslow
June made it to Nuvema Town and took a quick glance around. 'Wow! The towns here are way smaller than Kalos'. She thought to herself and proceeded to ask around for the lab. A nice lady gladly told her where the lab was and June thanked the woman with a small smile. The adolescent had to admit, the calm wind blowing through her hair and the smell of Pike all around was great. Although, Pike will never beat the rich smell of coffee and pastries every morning in Lumiose. June's thoughts and observations were put on hold once she reached the lab. She opened the door and was greeted with a few trainers already there. June gripped her bag tightly as she made her way to the professor, trying to avoid eye contact or conversation.

Tessa seemed to be the last to arrive out of the group. Her eyes scanned everyone in the lab. It seems she wasn't the only one about to start her journey. Regardless, that wouldn't deter her too much. "Oh..Hello Professor. I didn't expect you to be so busy. I just came to pick my first Pokémon."

"Hi there everyone. I was beginning to wonder when some new faces would show up." The Pokémon professor grinned. "For those of you who don't know, my name is Professor Juniper." She turned so she was facing everyone. "Now I know you're all eager to get a Pokémon but please be patient. We have a large number of Pokémon you may choose from." She gestured to the containers behind her. "Remember. You all have a big choice to make. Think carefully about the one you want to travel with and befriend, alright? Oh. And be sure to stick around after you've made your decision. I have some things that'll be useful for you all." She stepped out of the way of the containers.

|Jay|
Jay's eyes widened. He didn't expect so many choices; usually the starters were specific to the region they were received. Not that he was complaining, of course.

He cast a quick look at the other trainers in the room. When nobody moved, Jay shrugged and stepped up to one of the bins. Since all these Pokeballs look the same, I guess this'll be a case of trial and error to find one I like. He pulled out one of the many capture devices.

Before he could release the Pokemon, however, the Pokeball burst open on its own. Jay stumbled back and watched incredulously as a Cyndaquil appeared. The little fire mouse looked around confused, until it saw Jay. It leapt at the trainer, emitting a squeal as it collided with his chest.

Jay, for his part, couldn't help but smile. He had never seen a Pokemon leave a Pokeball without a trainer releasing it, but it hardly mattered to him. If anything, the Cyndaquil's willfulness added to its appeal. "You're a friendly one, huh?" He set the Cyndaquil down, and stepped back. "Alright, then. I guess I'll choose you as my partner!" Jay's new Pokemon seemed to understand the implication of his statement, as its back flared up happily.

Aqua Storm & Geo Storm

Aqua's Team
Kip (M) Mudkip

Geo's Team
160px-HeartG_Maz.png
Trick (M) Treecko
Aqua watched a red haired boy step up first. He picked up a Pokeball and inside was a Cyndaquil. Aqua shrugged. It was a cool Pokemon but not the one she wants. She went to the table and picked up a Pokeball and released the Pokemon. Out popped a Treecko.

"He's the one I wanted!" Geo exclaimed as he ran up to his sister. His sister happily gave him the Pokeball and Geo stared at the Treecko. The Treecko stared back and for a second looked like he was going to attack Geo. But then it jumped up and smiled, happily saying its name. Geo smiled, "Alright! It looks like he likes me!"

Geo picked up the Treecko and held him in his arms, " Boy, he had me there for a second. Y'know what! I'll name him Trick!"

The Treecko happily nodded its consent.

Aqua smiled and grabbed another Pokeball and released the Pokemon inside. It was a Mudkip. The Mudkip happily jumped into Aqua's arms, " Yay! This is the one I wanted! He's so cute! I'll name him Kip!" The Mudkip gave its consent by elatedly repeating its name. Aqua continued to hold him, as she wanted for the other trainers to choose.

Dwyer Tucker
Dwyer couldn't believe his ears; it was finally time for him to get his Pokemon! He was a little bit nervous, for what if the Pokemon he gets doesn't like him. Dwyer watched as a boy stepped up and received his Pokemon first. It was a friendly Cyndaquil, that seemed to like him instantly. Then, two more trainers went up and received their Pokemon who also warmed up to their new trainers. 'Maybe it won't be all that bad.' Dwyer thought and made his way to the container. He picked out the Pokemon and let it free from the Pokeball.

Out came a Charmander who let out a huge yawn, before rubbing its eyes and looking at Dwyer. The teen bent down and gave the Charmander a huge grin."Hi, I'm Dwyer! We're going to be partners!" Dwyer held out his hand to the 'mon. Charmander looked at Dwyer for a long minute, and then use Tackle on his face. Dwyer fell back, and Charmander huffed. "What was that for?!" He shouted and glared at the Charmander. Charmander yelled her name at Dwyer, and the two began to argue.

June Winslow
June watched as the first three trainers received and befriended their Pokemon with no problem. Then, there was the kid with the sassy Charmander who weren't getting along very well. June couldn't help but roll her eyes at the boy yelling at his Pokemon. 'Everyone knows Charmanders are rash Pokemon and need to be handled by the toughest trainers.' She thought and then made her way to the containers with the rest. June let her hands skim the containers until she stood in front of the fire basket. The adolescent pulled out a Pokeball and released the monster inside. A cute little fox appeared and gave a little shake.

The Fennikin then opened her eyes and looked at June with a confused look. "Um, hi." June said awkwardly and held out her hand to the 'mon. Fennikin slowly made her way to June's hand and gave a quick sniff. The Pokemon looked up at June one more time as if contemplating she wants this teen as a partner. June gave the fox Pokemon a small smile, "Come on now, don't be shy." The Fennikin returned June's smile and rubbed her head on June's hand. June patted Fennikin's head and the two were ready to be a duo.

Tessa eagerly stepped forward to choose her Pokémon. She picked up a Poké Ball and released the Pokémon inside, which just happened to be a Froakie. "Froakie huh?" Froakie had been a Pokémon she'd thought about choosing. Maybe this was fate. A smile crept onto her face as she looked at the Water type. "Would you like to come with me, little guy?" The Water type responded by saying its name and hopping onto her shoulder, causing her to giggle. "I'll take that as a yes. I'll call you...Delta."

Elija was confused about how a tiny ball can hold a Pokémon. "Well can't waste my time pondering the unknowable." He mumbled to himself. Than he went to get his Pokémon. He knew he wanted something that could climb, so treecko was up there. But he didn't want to look like a copycat, so after a very long time choosing he went with chimchar! "Okay I'm done" Elija said after what seemed like eternity.

Catherine groaned as she walked into the Professor's lab and she looked around " Hmm " she said as she went inside and she sighed, she looked over at the pokemon and she saw a snivy "Ekk Snivy" she said and she reached out hugging it. " I'll take her" she said and she looked at the professor who gave her five tiny poke balls and a pokedex.

|Jay|

Jay considered putting Cyndaquil in his Pokeball, but held off as the Pokemon gave him an expectant look. He frowned, confused, until it hit him. "You want a name, huh?" The Cyndaquil nodded enthusiastically.

Jay looked up in mock thought. "How about Cuddles?" At this his Cyndaquil gave a mortified squeal, and his trainer couldn't help but laugh. "I'm kidding. No, you need a champion's name." He paused. He'd need to think of something really great; Cyndaquil was his partner, and they were going to the Pokemon League together. It'd hardly do to enter a name like 'Cuddles' into the Hall of Fame.

He gave his Pokemon a scrutinizing look, before he sighed, exasperated. He could already hear cool names like 'Delta' and 'Trick' tossed around. How the other trainers came up with awesome nicknames on the fly was beyond him.

As Jay was about to give up, and shamefully ask for help, he had an idea. He looked at his Cyndaquil, then nodded with a grin. "I've got it! How about I call you Quill?" It wasn't the most creative as far as names went, but it was better than calling him Cyndaquil. His Pokemon seemed to mull this around in his head for a little bit, before mimicking Jay's nod.

Jay's smile widened. "Alright, Quill. Let's go talk to Professor Juniper." He turned on his heel and headed off towards the professor, all thoughts of returning Quill to his Pokeball left behind.

Quill darted off after Jay, and soon fell in step with his trainer. The pair reached the professor at the same time.

"Thanks for the Pokemon, Professor!" Jay laughed as Quill softly headbutted his knee. He pushed his Pokemon back, who gave a soft cry of indignation as he fell over. This provoked another laugh from Jay. "Are you sure Cuddles wouldn't suit you, you little drama queen?" Quill shivered in response.

Almost as an afterthought, he turned back to Juniper. "You said you had something for us?"

|Mentioned|
MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back