Pokemon Sun and Moon

As a kid, having a Raichu got you bullied by kids that saw the anime. Then they accused you of cheating when your Raichu kicked their Pikachu's ass. Speaking of which, I really hope they don't give Pikachu a mega instead of Raichu.

LMAO yeah, I've always loved Raichu's design way more than I did Pikachu's. I have no idea what a mega Raichu would look like, but a stat boost would admittedly be nice. I would be upset if they made an exception for a mega Pikachu just because it's the mascot lololol.

[media]

[/media]
This seems about right. This is an accurate representation of the competitive scene.

Also, Raichu does look a lot better than Pikachu. It also has some competitive use in Doubles, being a fast Pokemon that can learn both Nuzzle and Feint.

cries that's pretty accurate

Pikachu with a light ball is pretty powerful. You just have to be really careful with safely switching it in and only using it to clean up after others. Lmao, that being said, I can only speak in terms of singles, as I haven't really dabbled in any other format.

Azumarill is terrifying lmao.

Mugiwara said:
I love Serene Grace Jirachi and Choice Band/Belly Drum Azumarill!
You sir, are my type of person. ABSOLUTE CANCER.

Yeah, Pikachu is pretty good, but I'd rather use Raichu as a fast electric type with the defense of soft cheese.

I've joined a Pokemon league on a certain forum I go to, so I'm trying to learn more about battling competitively by fighting in the league. At first I was following Smogon strategies and focus on super effective moves, and that didn't work out. Recently though, I've been working out how to defeat each gym, and let my mind make up my own creative strategies, which turned out to be fun!

zacharychi said:
You sir, are my type of person. ABSOLUTE CANCER.
The Gym Leaders don't mess around, so I have no choice. I call it simply using all resources I have.

Mugiwara said:
The Gym Leaders don't mess around, so I have no choice. I call it simply using all resources I have.
But how does a Choice Band Belly Drum Azumarill work?

zacharychi said:
But how does a Choice Band Belly Drum Azumarill work?
No, I said Choice Band/Belly Drum Azumarill. I don't use Belly Drum Azumarill, but I use Choice Band Azumarill. Also, in the league, you were allowed to pick eight Pokemon from the Pokemon you can use for all gyms and stick with it, and my time is: Kyurem-B, Chansey, Scolipede, Charizard, Latios, Azumarill, Jirachi, and Tyranitar.

Oh. I didn't see the "/" symbol between Choice Band and Belly Drum. I don't really see the appeal to using a set that everybody else is using, why do people use Smogon sets? I just looked at the Escavalier Smogon set and it looks terrible. I use Escavalier in OU and it ends up being decent, as everybody expects a Drill Run with two dark moves and Megahorn, but I like to use a Zoom Lens Escavalier with Megahorn and Swords Dance, with Rest and Sleep Talk. Nobody expects it and when they do, the Swords Dances allow it to wreck any fire types that try to switch in.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest

Ability: Overcoat

EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Megahorn

- Iron Head

- Pursuit

- Knock Off

That is a smogon set.

Escavalier @ Zoom Lens

Ability: Overcoat

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Megahorn

This is a custom set

Dusclops @ Eviolite

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpA

Bold Nature

- Calm Mind

- Rest

- Will-O-Wisp

- Ice Beam

This is a Smogon set

Dusclops @ Eviolite

EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD

Calm Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Night Shade

- Sleep Talk

- Rest

This is a custom set.

Any questions?

Ah, RestTalk sets. I've fucked some people over had with my RestTalk m-gyarados on many occasions.

zacharychi said:
Dusclops @ Eviolite

EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD

Calm Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Night Shade

- Sleep Talk

- Rest
I get why you have Seismic Toss and Night Shade, but I think someone could really use that set against you. I think on average a move like Night Shade is going to take ~3 turns to knock a pokemon out. It would be pretty easy for a pokemon to be able set up on you, like spikes and stealth rocks, a couple of swords dances, whatever, esp. if they have some for of recovery. I think Dusclops has enough bulk where it can afford being asleep for a few turns, and potentially you could have another support that knows heal bell/aromatherapy. I think Sleep Talk is better utilized on your Escavalier (which I think is a neat set btw).

Smogon's heart is in the right place, but yeah, you won't get too far if all you do is use their sets. I'll admit that they're the first place I go to check on basics for a Pokemon (esp. since I don't know all of the nuances on how to properly spread EVs), but I do try to keep things unconventional where I can.

Yeah, I've gotten a lot of shit for using that Dusclops. "It's too passive. They'll set up." But even if people set up, Dusclops still survives the hit. It's ridiculous.

Smogon does have it's heart in the right place, but there are a lot of stupid stuff they did. Like they put Mega Medicham in RU for a while, they had Giratina-O and Hoopa-U in OU.

zacharychi said:
Yeah, I've gotten a lot of shit for using that Dusclops. "It's too passive. They'll set up." But even if people set up, Dusclops still survives the hit. It's ridiculous.
Possibly. It would be pretty difficult to knock out opponent imo, but I guess you could wait out their PP. Pressure will help alleviate that, but rest only has a max PP of 16. :<

Lmao yeah last I checked m-Medicham was pretty low tier. Glad to hear they finally fixed that LMAO.

Do you ever think that there will ever be an NFE tier? I know they can be used for PU, but they still aren't that good.

Well, Little Cup is a thing. I kind of doubt that NFE would ever be a tier, though, esp. not in official tournaments. That would be quite fun, though, ngl.

I run a Lum Berry Umbreon with Wish, Moonlight, Toxic, and Foul Play. Some may complain this will get me set up on due to a lack of Baton Pass, but I haven't encountered anybody running a trap Pokemon, and this Pokemon is actually useful in my mixed OU set.

Also, may I say that Serene Grace Togekiss with Tri Attack is the best thing ever BL/OU wise?

Lmao, that's a nice Umbreon set. I don't think that Baton Pass is an absolute necessity. Trap Pokemon are extremely rare, and I'm sure that Umbreon could take on Dugtrio. Only other Pokemon of concern, I think, would be m-Gengar and Wobbufett, which are both banned to ubers.

Oh man. The one tournament I participated in, I really got fucked over by Serene Grace Togekiss. Serene Grace Tri Attack sounds neat tho.

UmbreonRogue said:
...Also, may I say that Serene Grace Togekiss with Tri Attack is the best thing ever BL/OU wise?
Doesn't Tri Attack have a 20% chance for all Freeze, Burn, and Paralysis? With Serene Grace, that's 40%. That sounds incredibly disgusting, especially with Air Slash.

I don't use Air Slash--the set I run is Softboiled, Heal Bell, Aura Sphere, and Tri Attack. I decided to throw out Air Slash for some clerical support.

Oh. I forgot that Togekiss get's Softboiled, so in my RU team I gave my Togetic Moonlight and got screwed over when I switched it in after my Ryperior.

So this went from a discussion about Sun and Moon to a discussion about competitive battles.

We should all make a tournament sometime. I love tournaments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back