• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: War Of Zodarus

Riolux

Umbreon? More like DUMBreon!
The War For Control Over Zodarus...

For several millennium, The Legendary Pokemon of Zodarus has lived in relative peace under the leadership of the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus, who was the proverbial glue that kept together Pokemon that would otherwise hate each other. With power and wisdom, Arceus kept the Legendary Pokemon in line, preventing any large-scale conflict from arising. However, things have changed. Arceus has gone missing. After months of awaiting any news from the Alpha Pokemon, some of the Legendary Pokemon have started plans to make a grab for power, either wanting to rule, or to rule so that those they deem irresponsible cannot. However despite their haste to grab power, they realize a folly. An all-out battle between all of the participating Legendary Pokemon would cause the end of the world in its entirety. Therefore, wishing to keep this battle from bringing upon an apocalypse on those they wish to rule, they have brought those from another dimension, Humans, and have turned them into Pokemon, bound to their service with the reward being that they have the option to return home along with the return of their memories. The once-human Pokemon are usually selected for their personality and views on life or history. However, there are four who believe that Arceus is testing them and have chosen a small group of Humans to aid them in keeping the balance. 

WELCOME EVERYONE! THIS IS OUR OFFICIAL ROLEPLAY THREAD FOR THE ACTUAL RP! 

Ryan wandered downstairs onto the main floor of the Spinda Inn, the cheapest Inn throughout Zodiac City with a tired sigh, his cloak draped around him with his hood over his head as he made his way to the cafe, which was open to both guests and locals and was a popular place to eat. Though the cloak gave him a suspicious appearance, at least in his opinion, it was better than the patrons seeing his odd coloration and markings, as they most certainly wouldn't receive him well or possibly even at all. While their opinions didn't particularly matter to him, he had spent plenty of time walking here, and was not about to throw away the only warm bed he had available. He'd been there for a few weeks now, covering for a room by completeing small jobs on the inn job board, a notice board that are posted by people who don't need the local Exploration Guild or can't afford that rather large fee. This allowed people who weren't on a team to complete them, so Ryan used them to pay for his food and lodging. Patrons had regarded him with suspcion at first, but eventually paid him no mind as he completed jobs and kept to himself. ( @Noivian @Smauggo @Bolt @Runesage @Taykillz It's up!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Arthur wandered into Zodiac City, looking over the shops and stands. He didn't need any food, for not having a mouth and only being a possessed sword did that to you... So he took to the shops selling bands and ribbons and other things an explorer might need for their travels. He drifted around stalls and booths and into and out of shops, slowly gathering the items he felt he needed in a small bag, held on to by his own sash. An Escape Orb here, a Power Band there, a few Revive Seeds... Taking a moment to stop from his shopping, he took to the cafe in the city. Again, he had no need for food or drink, but it was nice to lean against a wall for a bit and set his items down. 

Lur's time in Zodiac City had been short, for she'd taken up residence in a cheap inn for around a day or so. So far, she hadn't been approached by anyone and this was quite the relief considering some individuals might occasionally badger her for assistance solely based off of her appearance. However, being unburdened with the problems of others was the second thing on her mind, and the first was to quite simply, grab a refreshment at the local cafe. As she began her walk over towards the quaint establishment where many gathered to relax or indulge themselves with a meal, she pondered over what type of berry drink she'd help herself to. After some thought, she figured a simple concoction consisting of primarily Oran berries would suffice her hunger. She continued her walk in silence and took the oppurtunity to examine her surroundings quite thoroughly. The truth was, in doing this, it comforted her; knowing her surroundings in a potentially dangerous situation could aid in either escape or tactical approach in a fight. Now, after a relatively short walk, she was beginning to close in on the cafe's location.

Chase yawned, he hadn't had much sleep since his last stop, and his food supplies were running low. The sun was beginning to rise as he finally saw the city on the horizon. "Zoidac city, here i come!" he exclaimed to himself, grabbing a sitrus berry from his saddle bags as he sped up his pace. He dug around his bags, but he was out of food. "Next time, buy more food before coming out." He made a mental note and before long he was already in the town, and made a direct course to any shops selling food, his nose leading him to Spinda Inn's cafe, a place what seemed to be a little too busy for his taste. he would grab some breakfast and take a table, not really paying attention to his surroundings as he devoured what was on his plate.

as the Day started Cassy slowly woke up and looked into the air, she was happy to see the sun, with her bag that she carrys around with food, medicin and a lot of berry's. as she reached the city called Zodiac City she went into a Mart to buy some stuff like Medicin, Berry and much more food. when she left the mart, she enters an inn and stayed there for some hours and moved into a Café where she ordered a Meal to her Table she also noticed a Vaporeon who sat on the next table.

After a short walk, Lur had finally reached the cafe where she'd indulge herself in a berry treat. Once having walked through the door, she was met with a wide plethora of different types of Pokémon. It took only a moment's glance of icy eyes to notice two individuals in particular, a Vaporeon, being a follower of Kyogre, and a Sylveon, being a follower of Xerneas. Whether these Pokémon were renegades or not, she didn't care, all she'd taken notice to was their appearance. Of course, however, despite how much she'd like to think it to be so, whether a follower or servant, you cannot be completely defined by your faction-- hence why there was the existence of renegades. Once she took her seat amongst those in the establishment, she'd already taken the oppurtunity to order herself a drink. Now, she had the time to both think and examine her surroundings even further. Of course, however, she was open to socialization from others, whether she wanted it or not.

Arthur narrowed his eyes, seeing the Ninetales walk into the cafe - he had been relaxing against the wall, enjoying the cool atmosphere, and he thought for sure that his distinctive black and blue color scheme would have set him apart when the Ninetales surveyed the crowd, but perhaps he had situated himself in a position that would make him less obvious. It was part of his instructions as a Servant to accept every idea, no matter what he thought of it, but the aloof air that Reshiram's Followers held for those around them always rubbed him the wrong way. It was probably the way they blatantly say everyone's opinions are invalid, which highly offended Arthur as an individual. Regardless, he supposed that he shouldn't be judging a book by its cover, or rather a Ninetales by its color. Regardless, he got up and made his way to where the cloaked Riolu was sitting, trying to look non-conspicuous. Perhaps they could do that together?

@Smauggo @Riolux

Ryan looked up, seeing the Honedge approach and honestly wasn't all that opposed to it, recognizing the coloring as that of Zekrom's faction. This was because he knew most of Zekrom's followers to be overall friendly individuals though the extremist existed here and there like with every faction. He sat up straighter, expecting the company until a Nuzleaf intercepted the Honedge, stepping in front of them. "Hey you're one of Zekrom's guys right? Think you can, uh, settle something for a friend and I?" he asked. "Well it's more of a question for you and that Ninetales over there." he clarified, pointing to Follower of Reshiram, which immediately caused Ryan's eyes to narrow. While it's not widely known, this one loved to start disputes between Followers and Servants and, had Ryan not lied and said he was a Renegade Yveltal Servant, he'd have had to fight a Follower of Cresselia, due to the latter's dogma that they must fight or redeem Servants of Darkrai. He did not, however, speak up...yet. The Nuzleaf then shouted to the Follower of Reshiram. "Hey, lady! I've got a question for you and this one!" he called to the Ninetales.

@Noivian @Smauggo

Chase, finishing his meal with relative ease, now had time to survey his surroundings, look around the cafe and look around at the Pokemon around the room. A few Pokemon stuck out like a sore thumb to him, mainly the cloaked figure in the corner, the surgeon who had decided to take the only table near him and the honedge approaching the figure. As he got out of his seat a no looked back over there was already a commotion happening, a Pokemon yelling across the whole restaurant. He sighed as he noticed the one he was calling was a follower of reshiram, and the honedge a follower of zekrom. He yawned again, cursed his choice to not sleep that night, and walked over to where the commotion was happening. Not before almost hitting the sylveon by accident with his tail as he walked past, quickly projecting a "sorry!" Over his shoulder to the Pokemon.

Arthur stopped, turning to the Nuzleaf that approached him. He cast a glance at the Ninetales, before turning back to the inquiring Pokemon. "Sure, I'd be happy to help!" Arthur replied cheerfully, his voice coming from the vibration of his blade within his sheath, given that Honedge have no mouths. While he was still a little apprehensive of the Ninetales, he wasn't going to turn down anyone seeking help. Perhaps two different opinions on a matter would actually be more beneficial than one opinion? He hefted his bag of goods with is sash, hovering slightly lower to rest the goods on the ground rather than having it strain the fabric of his only arm. 

@Smauggo @Riolux

Lur's line of sight had immediately been redirected towards a Honedge who'd previously been up against the wall, minding their own business once they got up and placed themselves down next to a cloaked character. A Riolu as it seemed due to their structure-- however, more importantly, the Honedge she'd noticed was a servant of Zekrom. In her eyes, they deluded themselves. Clearly, if that servant attempted communication with her, she'd attempt to push them away; now was not the time for an altercation. "Hey, lady! I've got a question for you and this one!" exclaimed a Nuzleaf, whilst referring to both her and the Honedge-- her eyes narrowed and her ears perked, a relatively serious expression present on her features. "Yes?" she asked, not bothering to approach the individuals. Her many tails began to sway in a non-existent breeze once called out by the Nuzleaf. The only thought she had in mind was 'Is he going to attempt to spark conflict?'. Something wasn't right.

@Riolux

The Nuzleaf led the Honedge over with a friendly smile. "So a couple of friends of mine are havin' a pretty nasty quarrel. So one of them wanted me to ask ya if both which is more important. Ideas...or the truth?" he seemed to ask innocently enough, though Ryan himself seemed about ready stand up. He was certain the Nuzleaf was starting something, but he had no way to really prove or act on it, as the Nuzleaf did not seem to act in any way malicious. He then untensed, deciding to simply let this play out until something, if anything, happened.

As Chase approached the nuzleaf he started to hear what was being said in the conversation between them, catching the small slice of the argument in his ear. "... which is more important. Ideas...or the truth?" As he eavesdropped the conversation happening he decided to stop, having a vague idea of what was happening and not wanting to be a part of it. His body protested with another yawn as he looked around the room for a second, seeing the cloaked figure look tense for a second, and then calm. He steered his direction of walking to this figure, who seemed to be fixated on the three who he had previously been approaching, what he assumed meant he knew a little more about the situation at hand than he did. His tail dragged a little on the floor as the obvious effects of sleep deprivation we setting in on his body and mind. He had obviously not slept for a night or two. @Riolux

Arthur followed the Nuzleaf over to the Ninetales, aware of how the Ninetales looked at him. He disregarded it, though, more keen on solving the problem than getting into a spat with the other Pokemon. "Ideas, obviously," Arthur responded. "Sure, everyone's impacted by the truth, but that's not what matters. What matters is everyone's perception of the truth. It's all about how you think about it, not what's actually there. It's like asking if the glass is half empty or half full. It's all a matter of perception." Realizing he had spoken before taking into account his company, he then looked to the Ninetales. Now that Arthur was fully processing what he had said, and the question that had been presented to him, he realized how much he might have insulted the Ninetales, regardless of if he actually insulted them or not. "Of course, that doesn't mean one's ideas can't possibly be the truth," he added, trying to quickly patch things over. Granted, that doesn't mean that person has the right to push their ideas on others, but Arthur kept that thought to himself for fear of looking hypocritical. Not only that, there was the matter of how to possibly tell the truth from lies, which was tricky in a world swarming with ideas. Therefore, Arthur had firmly believed there was no one over encompassing truth for everyone, unlike a lot of the followers of Reshiram he'd met in his travels liked to say otherwise. Again, he wasn't about to state that aloud, for fear of sparking conflict. 

@Smauggo @Riolux

Lur eyed the Nuzleaf's movements as he walked over towards her location, and hoped to further examine him via speech patterns. It only took a few moments for her to realize how his question was meant to be the tinder to a fire. The friendly act he put on was nothing more than a facade to attempt and spark conflict between her and the Honedge. "What are you trying to do?" she inaudibly mumbled whilst looking towards the Nuzleaf, her light blue eyes seeming to glow in a suppressed frustration. 'I might as well make him feel good about himself--' she thought with a mental sigh. This is certainly not how she saw her day unraveling. Hearing the Honedge explain themselves as to why they believed that ideas were more important than the truth in a situation between two quarreling Pokémon, she wasn't surprised, though not having stated this. "The truth," she stated; this is precisely what the Nuzleaf sought, a conflicting opinion from two opposite factions. "The truth is sometimes perceived by others as bitter, specifically in a sense where two friends may fight one another-- similar to the story you created. To come to terms with the or any situation for that matter, the truth must be revealed, despite how painful it might be," she explained. "Are you done here?" she asked the Nuzleaf with narrowed eyes.

@Noivian @Riolux

Arthur didn't say anything in response to the Ninetale's statement. It sounded oddly like what he had been saying... perhaps his ideas weren't too far from the truth? Either way, it seemed the two of them had come to something of a resolution. He turned to the Nuzleaf. "So there you have it. Both are kinda important in their own ways," he said as a final statement. He wasn't one to pick a fight where one wasn't needed, and certainly won't argue when it doesn't really matter. Despite all this, however, the fact that the Nuzleaf was trying to start a conflict had gone over the Honedge's metaphorical head. Lost in his ideals, he hadn't considered that this interaction had been intentional. He still bought into the innocent act, and thus the slight remarks the Ninetales made didn't make any sense to him. But once again, he wasn't to start a conflict where it wasn't needed. 

@Smauggo @Riolux

The Waiter brought for Cassy her Meal and a drink and said to her "Here Miss have a good taste!" , Cassy answered "Oh Thank you!", she smiled to the waiter and started to eat her Meal, she enjoyed eating it After some mins a Vaporeon came kinda tired almost hitting Cassy , Cassy was suprised and heard the "Sorry" from Vaporeon so she answered back with a "No Problem!*, She couldn't smile to him as he was moving to fast away. Some while she finished eating and noticed the almost battling Pokemon that happen in the middle of Café but she ignored it as she saw a bag laying down on the ground, she wondered "Isn't that the bag of that Vaporeon from ealier?" as she remember him sitting over the there on a table with a bag as she was following the way where that Vaporeon went though and found him finally after searching for him she asked him "Hello? i see you are missing somthing?* , Cassy shows him the bag the he forgot to take with him and said to Vaporeon "Here, it's yours take it!* She smiled at him and was happy.

Chase was stopped right by the riolu's table as a sylveon what he remembered from earlier had stopped him because he had forgotten his bags. "I didn't realise I left them, thanks for returning them" he said to the happy sylveon, putting his bags on and turning back to the table. "Hello" he said, looking over to the group, slightly surprised a fight hasn't broken out already between the two Pokemon. "I'm guessing the nuzleaf over there is trying to start something, huh?" He continued, looking back at the one who he was addressing, taking an occasional glance to the three, just incase anything happens what he might miss while he is looking away. He quickly takes a look inside his bags to make sure nothing was missing or stolen.

Water swirled around Miles' right scalchop as he unleashed a high power Razor Shell on his opponent. His opponent barely managed to block the attack, then realized that Miles was in fact behind him, slashing with a critical Night Slash. The opponent stumbled and took a few steps back, readying himself again. Miles, before the opponent could steady himself, used Double Team and came at him from all sides with a mix of Razor Shells and Night Slashes. The opponent stumbled, again, falling to one knee. "I yield! I yield!" The opponent shouted, and Miles immediately stopped and reached out a hand. "I don't know how you do it Miles," The opponent, a Mienfoo, said, "Every time I think I have you figured out, you switch it up on me."

Miles grinned, "That's the idea. If you can't figure it out, then there are very few people who can. That'll give me an advantage." The Mienfoo shook his head ruefully, then accepted Miles' help. "Thank's for sparring with me Kyle." 

Kyle huffed. "Wasn't much of a spar now was it? You had me on the ropes from the very beginning. I pity the poor fool that gets on the wrong side of your blades." A grin crept onto his face. "The offer still stands. I'd love to have you on our team."

Miles's grin widened, "If I did that, then I wouldn't be able to wander as much as I do now would I? I wouldn't be me if I wasn't traveling. But," Miles added, "if you ever need any any assistance, I'd be happy to help."

Kyle nodded and shook Miles' hand. "I'll keep that in mind. Now, if that's all, I need to go rest. Wanna go to the Cafe for a bit, grab a bite to eat?"

Miles laughed. "After that fight, I'm going to need more than a bite." Kyle chuckled disbelievingly and the two headed toward the Cafe. Upon entering, Miles immediately picked up on the tension in the air, and noticed the Nuzleaf standing talking to what appeared to be a servant of Zekrom and a Follower of Reshiram. "That doesn't look good." Miles muttered. Kyle nodded, standing warily, ready to help if needed. Miles picked up on a couple other Servants and Followers in the Cafe. "More of those Gifted around than usual today." He muttered to Kyle.

(I'll get Aneirin's opener as soon as I can, most likely tomorrow.)

The Nuzleaf's smile faltered for a second in a moment of irritation, but shakily answered. "U-uh yeah. Thanks." he said. "Well would you look at the time. I best be going now." he said before walking away, trying to avoid a pace that would make it seem more like an escape. Ryan himself had to fight the urge to laugh, finding it hilarious for that troublemaker's game to be turned on him while kind of glad that the Honedge and Ninetales seemed to find some common ground, which gave him a bit of hope. He returned to his food, noting that the cafe was getting more and more crowded. Some of the locals were starting to comment on the number of Servants and Followers and some even shot Ryan himself less than favorable glances. The owner, a Spinda, obviously, started to look nervous at all the commotion, but was doing their best to keep the attention on the meals and not the Gifted. Ryan settled in his seat, hoping to become less noticeable. The last thing he wanted was to get into a fight with some patrons. He hoped the others could sense the tension forming and would stick to themselves or at least be pleasant, though seeing their interactions with the patrons and each other, he wasn't too concerned.

@Noivian @Smauggo @Runesage @Bolt @Taykillz

Arthur smiled brighly, seeing the problem resolved. Or rather, he smiled as brightly as a sheathed sword could smile. Setting down his bag, he offered his scarf hand to the Ninetales to shake. "I'm Arthur, it's nice to meet you." It was more of a formality, than an actual interest in knowing the Ninetales' name, but Arthur tried to be kind and polite to everyone he met.

@Smauggo

Cassy noticed the others on the Table that were sitting on it, but she moved back to her Table and read her Books that she carry with her, she also ordered a drink from the Waiter to have somthing for refreshment. the whole time was Cassy thinking "What are they doing over there..?".

Ryan turned to the Vaporeon across from him now that the Nuzleaf was gone. "Huh? Yeah. He likes to stir up trouble whenever Gifted with...conflicting ideas show up. I'm just glad he failed this time." he explained to the newcomer, still reclining in his chair. The general chatter still remained tense, but for the most part, it was just irritated grumbling and not anything substantial. (Quick response to Taykillz)

@Taykillz

Lur soon realized the building tension in the cafe's atmosphere relatively quickly after the Nuzleaf left both her and the Honedge. Was it because of the number of followers and servants in one building? That was almost certain now that it'd crossed her mind. She kept to herself before being approached by the Nuzleaf and she'd do the same now, but her personal silence was interrupted upon hearing the Honedge speak to her-- and no less introducing himself. Her eyes narrowed and she'd eyed his black and electric blue scarf he'd offered her before lifting a paw to shake his 'hand'. In the moments while she did this, she replied to the character now known to her as 'Arthur', "To you as well, i'm Lur," she responded in a relatively friendly tone, her eyes filled with a faked glow of happiness. As much as she wasn't looking to interact with anyone, let alone a direct 'rival' to her faction, she wasn't so cold as to deny an introduction from another.

Only seconds after this did she notice, however, a cloaked figure interacting with a Vaporeon, who seemed to be a follower of Kyogre by the pattern present on their body. As always, the term 'renegade' was the last thing on her mind. She eyed the cloaked figure of what seemed to be a Riolu with piqued interest. Who knows? They could just be a regular Pokémon wearing a cloak, but in her experience, that likely wasn't the case-- they could only have something to hide. Maybe this Honedge would know something about them, after all, they were near him before interrupted by a certain mischievous Nuzleaf. "Do you know anything about him?" she asked, referring to the cloaked individual in question, her head tilting up ever so slightly whilst looking to the Pokémon referred to.

@Noivian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back