• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: War of Zodarus [Characters]

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Riolux

Umbreon? More like DUMBreon!
Here is the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: War of Zodarus character thread. The format I use is:

The Essentials:

Name:

Species:

Faction:

Alignment: (Eg; Chaotic Good, True Neutral, Lawful Evil, etc.)

Fatal Flaw: (Your character's absolute worst -but not necessarily negative- quality, the one which causes the most regresses in their life. This is not something that should fade away with time; consider it a 'core' characteristic of sorts, a fundamental part of their personality.)

Saving Grace: (Your character's absolute best -but not necessarily positive- quality, the one which causes the most progress in their life. This is not something that should fade away with time; consider it a 'core' characteristic of sorts, a fundamental part of their personality.)

Appearance:

Fighting style:

Personality and/or Writing example:

History:

The Extra:

Dislikes:

Talents:

Hobbies:

Fears:

Crushes:

Orientation:

Theme Song:

Other:

As always, cresit for this simple, but thorough format goes to LittleLoon LittleLoon .

Feel free to use a format that you are more comfortable with so long as it is legible.

Last edited:
Name: Ryan

Species: Riolu

Faction: Previously a Servant of Darkrai, but is now a Renegade

Alignment: Ryan is a survivor and will do what it takes to survive. However he does have a moral compass and, while somewhat flawed while under Darkrai's command, he is very hesitant about killing or using his Gifted Ability. He isn't, however, above lying, cheating, or performing minor criminal activities such as stealing. Therefore he would fall under the lines of Chaotic Neutral with good tendencies.

Fatal Flaw: Ryan's fatal flaw is his distrusting nature. He finds it impossible to truly trust others no matter who they might be, as he's been taught by some of the best liars to be wary of their own tricks. While he may feign trust or cooperation, he steadily resists telling any information he thinks can be used by those meaning to do him harm or wrong and, hypocritically, respects no one's privacy either. While he won't openly demand one's life story, he will take the time to spy on the actions of those he's supposed to work with and sees possible deception everywhere, making him somewhat paranoid when forced to work with larger groups, as he can't watch everyone.

Saving Grace: While his distrusting nature might be his fatal flaw, his saving grace is his inability to ignore those that truly need help. While he'll try to play it off with some other, logical reason, Ryan's a good person at heart and simply cannot standby while someone else is in immediate danger. This becomes immediately apparent if he learns of other Servants of Darkrai acting in the area, as he delves into research concerning possible targets of their Gifted Ability and guards against them diligently.

Appearance:
ipwlxEI.png

Moves: Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Bullet Punch, Focus Blast

Fighting style: Ryan is an aggressive combatant, rarely holding back once he's started. He usually prefers to start a battle through a sneak attack or some other method that grants him an early advantage, such as blasting the ground with a Focus Blast from on high to stir up a large amount of dust followed by either a Shadow Claw, on fast targets for low risk, or High Jump Kick on slow targets for high risk.

Personality: Ryan is reclusive, preferring to keep to himself rather than make friends. Having two months basically lying, sabotaging both enemy faction and merchant caravans, and committing robberies alongside his fellow Servants, Ryan's demonstrated to himself that no one can be trusted, much to his detriment. Due to this, Ryan's become a bit of a loner, despite working with others before, and is very hard to make cooperate unless blackmailed or he receives some sort of benefit out of it, such as money, food, or most importantly, his continued survival. He's not completely ruthless, however, as he is strongly against killing or seriously maiming opponents and has sworn of stealing since his desertion from his faction. He's also got a soft spot for other Servants, regardless of faction. This mostly stems from pity, as Legendary Pokemon that utilize Servants are generally far stricter, with little time for hobbies or making friends, which tends to make the whole lot of them slightly bitter. It is for the same reason that he loathes Followers, who he sees as goody-two-shoe punks that give Servants an awful reputation as a whole rather than some individuals. While acknowledges that some Servants truly are awful people, he feels Followers simply make it so that more Servants act out in spite. He's also secretly envious of the love they receive from the local populace and the freedom their Legendary Pokemon give them.

History: Ryan's history prior to being summoned to Zodarus is a mystery, but his first memory is of waking up in a pitch black cave, his mind in a panic as he pulled himself to his feet, only to stumble from both the lack of site and his new paws before a twisted, sickly glow appeared before him. From this glow appeared a Pokemon who's main body appeared pitch black. Truly they'd be invisible were it not for the glowing, piercing blue eyes, the creature would've disappeared into the dark. To him, it spoke of Ryan's new purpose as a loyal Servant, about how he and Ryan had both been outcasts, and that if Ryan truly wished to return home and reclaim his memories, he would do as the others like him did and serve Darkrai's will. And he did so, with his higher-ups teaching him all the tricks in the book. From how to pick locks to breaking into homes. He apparently had a gift for it and learned well for the two months he served, though was by no means an expert. He'd been imprisoned for one or two screw-ups, but thankfully, his allies weren't ones to leave another to rot in jail at least. However, one day he received a mission that shook him to his core. He'd been ordered to lock the child of his client's rival in a Nightmare with his Gifted Ability in order to blackmail said rival into surrendering his business. He already felt awful about doing this and they failed to mention that said rival's kid would be alone for the weekend, running the very real risk of death by dehydration, putting a child's blood on his hands. Ryan had stuck nearby to report when the father returned, which he had prayed would be, but became increasingly worried as two days passed, the child's condition worsening with each day. Ashamed of what he'd done and knowing that by the time the father returned, it'd be too late to save them, he rushed into the town, seeking out a Follower of Cresselia. Finding one, and with a little goading, he lured them back to the estate, where he led the Follower into the child's bedroom before slipping out the window. The child was saved and reported found and Ryan, who intentionally sabotaged his own mission in direct defiance, quickly became a Renegade and went on the run, fleeing both his own faction and Cresselia's who'd likely send Servant Hunters after him for this terrible deed. He's now fled to Zodiac City, capital of Zodarus, where he takes jobs posted at the Dizzy Spinda Job Board.

Likes: Ryan enjoys his newfound freedom to do whatever it is that he wants to do, with no one telling him what that may be and relishes the challenge that some of them bring. He especially enjoys bounty missions, where he is placed up against an outlaw or several and can test his abilities against them. Outside that, he's taken to reading on his downtime and feels compelled to learn about the world he's stuck in.

Dislikes: Ryan strongly dislikes the Followers of Cresselia, as he sees them as hateful zealots and the most common reason the hate he receives. He doesn't much like Followers in general due to what he perceives to be a self-righteous attitude, but he hates them the most despite his rare interactions with them.

Talents: While he's no expert, Ryan is proficient in theft, being a decent locksmith, an excellent pickpocket due to his size, and particularly skilled at getting around unnoticed.

Hobbies: Ryan hasn't really picked up a hobby during his time. This may change depending on how things work out.

Fears: Ryan's fears revolve around feelings of helplessness. He has so far discovered a fear of falling, drowning, and being restrained. He becomes incredibly anxious and panicked when put in these situations, with any semblance of calm being thrown out the window. He's very unlikely to take being frozen or paralyzed much better.

Crushes: Not Applicable.

Orientation: Heterosexual

Theme Song:

Other: N/A

Last edited:
Name: "Hi! I'm Claire."
Species: "I'm a Quilava!"
Faction: "Well, I mean... Cresselia, yeah... Eheh." Actually soul snatched at the last second from Heatran. But she doesn't know about that, shhh.
Alignment: Well, lets put it this way- The mere thought of doing something rebellious makes her incredibly anxious soooo, Lawful Good.

Ability: Well, I'm a Quilava, so I can walk around on my hind legs (even then I'm kinda shorter then most Quilava so that doesn't count for much...) I can shoot fire out of my face. I mean, I do have some knowledge on natural remedies, and... Well... I dunno. I'm book smart? Or were you talking about like, Pokemon Ability? Cause, that's Blaze. Ya know, Fire-type moves powered up in a pinch?
Fatal Flaw: Crippling indescision. She is often presented with a choice between her heart and her morals. Once she's there, she simply can't decide. Save the injured child, or save her brother?
Oh and she has asthma, does that count?
Saving Grace: Selflessness. She will throw herself in the way of a killing blow if it means saving the life of another.
Appearance:

3e2309042c063deee2b207f1f264ccd9-d6a0b4v.png

Well Claire looks like a pretty average Quilava... Once you get past the fact that she IS SHINY. Yes, an ever so rare shiny pokemon she is, but even more special is the little mark that makes her so obviously Cresselia's- a little crescent moon on her forehead. You know, like on a certain anime black cat's forehead. You know, she fights evil by moonlight. That's the only sign of Cresselia on her, but if you saw it there could never be a more obvious sign. However the long fur on her head often covers it up and makes going incognito rather simple. Aside from the long fur on her head, she has a short ponytail on the back of her head that is just absolutely adorable. She's just more fluffy then the average Quilava.

Moveset:

Swift, Flame Wheel, Brick Break, Defense Curl
Fighting style: Well first she tries to defuse the situation before resorting to violence.

She likes to start all fights with a Defense Curl (I'M NOT SCARED, YOU'RE SCARED!) before launching into her battle moves. She likes to link her moves into what she calls "C-C-C-COMBO MOVES".

"Okay- How about we all just- calm down here, okay?"

Claire had never been in a worse situation. A Bisharp, with the clear colors of Yveltal stood in a small settlement thy Claire had been passing through. He stood in a clearing surrounded by panicked bystanders and a particularly agitated Ursaring who looked absolutely enraged but unable to do anything. This Bisharp had an innocent Teddiursa in his hands, his pointed blade hands wrapped around the young child's throat. He was shouting things at the Ursaring, shaking the kid around, earning fearful squeals from the little bear.

"Oh yeah?" The Bisharp snapped at her, tightening his grip on Teddiursa, "What do you suggest we do, huh, kiddo? Should we all just- Just sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya? Huh?!"

"Actually, yes that would be great, but rather then Kumbaya," Claire said, sidling around the Bisharp, clearly just talking for the sake of talking, "Why not try, 'Why Can't We Be Friends', or maybe, ya know, 'Its a Small World After All'? Orrrr, oh! Oh! How about-"

"Would you shut up already?!" He snapped, then looked at the sniveling child in his hand, then pointed with his free hand to the agitated Ursaring, "This guy betrayed Yveltal and deserted! Now he needs to pay." The Bisharp sneered and looked at the poor Teddiursa, "I think popping the head off his kid will do just fine, don't you?"

"Well, I mean, that sounds... Uh, lovely. And everything," Claire shuddered to think what that would look like, "but I can see this kid has a long life ahead of him, sooo, I hate to do this, but," Quickly, she was down on all fours, her head down to the ground, "I think I'll have to stop you here." Quickly, barely giving the guy a chance to reply, she rolled into a ball, soon ignited into flames and zipped towards the Steel type, ramming straight into his legs. The Servant of Yveltal lost his balance, losing his footing and his grip on the Teddiursa as he tumbled to the ground. Teddiursa wiggled away and ran as the blazing ball of fur sped around and around in circles around this Bisharp, coming to a very sudden stop as he rose to his feet. She was still spinning in place, when he shouted some very rude words at her, she did something very unexpected- She launched into the air, still in Flame Wheel form. He laughed and probably said something snarky like, "HA! You missed!" But before he knew it, the Quilava came crashing down on top of him, cracking glowing forearms into the top of his skull, sending up a dust cloud.

When the dust cleared, the Bisharp could be seen fleeing and Claire, virtually uninjured remained. She smacked her forepaws together as if to wipe dust off them, and turned to the mons that surrounded her. She remained relatively quiet, then with a little hesitation, she flipped up her bangs and flashed her little crescent moon mark.

"Hi! I'm Claire."
History:
"Hey, for all I know I could be a serial killer in another life. Wouldn't tht be ironic?"
The Extra:

Likes: Making mons laugh, watching the sunrise, Pecha berries
Dislikes: Cold nights, aggressive mons, dry foods. Bluuuuuh
Talents: She is often complimented for her singing voice.
Hobbies:

• Making bad puns
  • Making out of universe references that only other humans understand (I mean if I can do that... She would totally do it.)
  • Enjoys painting. She finds it soothing.
Fears:

• Fear of heights

• Fear of small spaces

• Fear of Asphixiation

• General anxiety

Crushes: "I-.... Uh... Noooo stahp! *blushes and makes flustered noises*" that's code for, she's open let the shipping begin.

Orientation: Heterosexual
Theme Song:

Last edited:
The Essentials
Name: Lett
Species: Sylveon
Faction: Xerneas
Alignment: Good
Fatal Flaw: Lett's worst flaw would be his desire to help others. This same desire extends to even enemies, and for friends he is even willing to out himself in harms way for. He would rather see others well and thriving above his own wants and needs, especially those he cares about. He has been known to go long periods without food when watching over patients, for example. His good morals can sometimes conflict with those of others or even ethnical values. He is willing to assist adversaries and never brings himself to murder.
Saving Grace: And it is that same flaw that also is his best feature. His love, compassion, and empathy for others helps him get along easily with others.
Appearance: Lett looks like an average Sylvoen, save for a few details.
  • He has a tuff of fur longer and thicker than the rest on his chest, and one on his head above his left eye that gives the odd resemblance of bangs.
  • His eyes are pale blue (more so than the norm).
  • His tail is shorter.
  • His tie on his chest and ear is colored blue and black, lined gold. The centers dimly radiate with prismatic colors.
Ability: Cute Charm
Moveset: Fairy Wind, Heal Bell, Telekenksis, Toxic
Fighting style: Lett is not much of a fighter, preferring to stay out of harms way. A downed medic would mean bad news for his allies. If he is in top condition, then he can help ensure the same of his allies. Help himself to help others. When not in direct duress, he uses his Heal Bell and medical prowess to keep his allies going on his behalf, and Telekenisis, Toxic, and Fairy Wind to harass the enemy.
However if he is pushed to fight, he prefers to inflict his enemies with Toxic and lets that incapacitate them. He uses his Fairy Wind more to distract and help him evade than to attack whole the poison does most of the work. Telekinesis comes in handy to put up barricades between him and his enemy with the environment, or used directly on them to slow them down if needed. He will never inflict more damage that is needed to incapacitate, and never ever tries to kill.
After his enemy is no longer a threat, he will heal their affliction with Heal Bell and escape before they have time to stop him.
Personality: Lett is very energetic, outgoing, and optimistic. He tries to keep on a sunny disposition, even when things might be rough. He is constantly encouraging others, and is always seen with a smile, even if but a small grin. He is silly and playful, and constantly moving.
He is constantly out to help others, even beyond being a nurse. It gives him a good feeling to see others happy, and he is willing to displace himself even slightly for strangers (such as simple tasks and requests for help). Some could even say he is too helpful, but he dismisses these claims as his "job".
He is fiercely loyal to his friends and those who have earned his trust. He is drawn towards others who are compassionate and kind, and turned away by extreme hostility and aggression.
He hates to fight and it makes him feel very bad to inflict pain on others. His habit of constantly apologizing is mainly noted there.

History: Before his new life, Lett was a nurse who lead a relatively simple life keeping people and Pokémon alike healthy. Ever since he was young it was his dream to be close to Pokémon. Finding an injured Pokémon in his youth and nursing it back to health filled him with happiness to see how helpful he had been, and fuled his passion to become a doctor

It was one fateful night he felt drawn out to the surrounding forest, and there he came upon the legendary Xerneas. It did not take much convincing for him to join them, seeing it as a way to get even closer to Pokémon and perhaps help an even greater purpose. And so he was changed, and walked among the creatures he loved as a Follower of Xerneas.

Though he holds loyalty to them and their cause, he still cannot deny his passion for health. So he helps local citizens or adventurers who might need his assistance as he travels.

Extra
  • Candy/Sweets (especially cake!)
  • Pink
  • Exploration and Adventure
  • Nature
  • Playing and having fun
  • Games
  • Cleanliness and Organization
Dislikes
  • Being rushed
  • Yelling and Arguments
  • Misfortune of friends
  • People being injured
  • Dirty things
  • Brown
  • Spicy food
  • Being seen in a state of weakness (crying, injured, Ect.)
Talents
  • Adept medical knowledge and ability to properly assess and assist in the recovery of others.
  • Able to assess vital parts, externally and internally, of numerous different Pokémon and people.
Hobbies
  • Baking and Cooking
  • Listening to music
  • Exploring nature
  • Tending to others (he sees this more of an enjoyable hobby than work, mainly when the problems are minor.)
Fears:
  • Someone dying under his care
  • Being unable to help others
  • Darkness
  • Bugs (Bug types make him feel uneasy and uncomfortable.)
Crushes: None (shipping gladly open though!)
Orientation: Homosexual
Theme Song:
Other:

Last edited:
yonihasapony yonihasapony
A great character, though with a few faults. For starters, while a few might see it as a flaw, being too nice and wanting to help any and everyone is hardly a fatal one. A fatal one is a flaw that greatly inhibits your character and possibly others and is something they'll likely have to struggle past. Take, for instance, Ryan and Claire's. Ryan is completely distrustful and, as it implies, prying and dishonest as well, meaning that, when it comes to communication and sharing information, he's going to be reluctant and unreliable in spite of having the skills to gather said info. Kitten's character Claire has an extremely hard time making extremely important decisions, especially when put on the spot, which might greatly hinder her ability to act. Try to keep this in mind.

The age is also inconsistent. I'd suggest either raising it or possible editing the history for possibly being a medical student.

Another thing(though this is small and can be discussed if wanted) is the appearance. All ex-humans serve or serve under a faction, with the Legendary Pokemon going well out of their way to make sure each member is able to identify each other for the most part. For example, Ryan is predominantly colors that match Darkrai's color palette. This is to ensure that he can be properly identified as a Servant of Darkrai. Of course, there is Soul Snatching, which is when one Legendary Pokemon steals the Soul that another Legendary was pulling into the world and places said Soul into their own faction instead. However, there are still signs of the original Legendary's attempt, which can range from as small as the yellow marking on Ryan's chest to as notable as Claire's near full on orange fur. If you really want to keep Lett's color, we can easily discuss possible Soul Snatching, but otherwise, this might need a slight correction. I will admit though, that the cream colored fur is actually quite fitting considering her color palette contains that and the rest I could probably just let slide if you're adamant on it.

And last but not least, as this is very important, Legendary Pokemon do, in fact, take the memories of those that serve them away. This is seen as an additional motivator, especially amongst those that utilize Servants instead of Followers, to have them act on their behalf. This, of course, means that Lett, upon appearing in the Pokemon World, will be unable to recall his past. Really the change requiring to fit this particular prerequisite, as there's no actual implication that Lett remembers his Human life in the history you provided, but I do want you, and everyone else that wasn't sure on this, to keep this in mind during the roleplay. (I do like the history though and just wanted to make this clear.)

Those being my main corrections (You seriously did great for your first shot at it and I can appreciate the detail you made towards it. Excellent work), I do suggest looking over Xerneas' faction as it may also appeal to Lett's overall attitude while also encouraging his medical pursuits. If you do stick to Cresselia, however, I have no qualms about it. Ryan's gonna have a blast though. XD

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten I hope ya don't mind me referencing your character as an example.

Last edited:
Alrighty, thank you! I will make this corrections now. Though I do want to discuss the fatal flaw a little more before I change it.
I do feel like it could be fatal, especially since he's even willing to help enemies and people who have hurt him. This leaves a lot of room for backstabbing and deception, and can even become a problem for those around him. I will change if I have to though (I mean, how hard could it be to come up with anthwe xD).
Everything else is totally reasonable! Thank you for the feedback.

Name: Mars

Species: Gabite

Faction: None.

Alignment: He leans towards the lawful side of the spectrum, but he does often have fits of complete and utter savagery, so I’m going to have to place him into the Lawful Neutral category.

Fatal Flaw: Wrath. Arceus protect the soul that pisses him off. You will never see the light of day again.

Saving Grace: Protective. If you are his friend, or at the very least someone he deems worth protecting, you will never be unprotected. You have a giant Dragon protecting you. Whether you want that protection or not is up to you.

Appearance:
Mars is a very typical looking Gabite, and he he would be perfectly normal if it weren’t for his massive size difference. For reference, the average Gabite stands at 4”7 and weighs in at 123.5 lbs.
Mars stands in at 5”8 and weighs in at 165.3 lbs. And that weight is ALL MUSCLE. This guy will utterly wreck you and leave no traces behind.
Moveset:
Dragon Claw, Bulldoze, Flamethrower and Crunch

Fighting style:
I got one word for you; Brutal.

“YOU’RE PATHETIC!”
“I’M NOT PATHETIC!”
“Bullsh*t! Look at you!” The massive shadow of the Garchomp stretched over the young Gabite.
He was trembling, bleeding from the jaw and barely able to stand from how his body was aching. He had been working himself to the bone, and yet it still wasn’t good enough for him.
The Garchomp circled the down Gabite, watching him as he coughed and panted. “Look at you. A sniveling, weak little runt!” He spat, kicking the Gabite over as he yet again attempted to stand up.
“I’MNOT A RUNT! I’m a whole foot taller then every other Gabite I know!” Mars spat.
“You should be TWO FEET TALLER! I expect nothing less than the very best from YOU! NOTHING LESS!” The Garchomp growled, smacking Mars over with his tail as he turned, walking away a couple before flashing his scarred face back over his shoulder.
Mars got to his knees and as he spat out a tooth, he heard, in a chilling rumble from the gigantic Dragon-type;
“I refuse to have a WEAK son.”
History:
Mars didn’t have the nicest childhood.
He was always a very bright kid. But his father, an aggressive Garchomp, saw no use for brains in his son. He trained his son to be the biggest, strongest and meanest dragon on the block. He beat the poor kid senseless on a daily basis, which hardened his son into a brutal fighter just like him. He spent many hours being kicked, punched, and generally beaten up by his massive father, till he was just as massive as him.
But his interactions with his friends, they helped him maintain his, for lack of a better word, humanity. He could have become a monster like his father. But somehow he didn't. He still has his moments where he flies into a rage and becomes very gruesome, just like his father wanted him to be. But he generally keeps his cool.

The Extra:

—The Chosen. Not because he agrees with the legendaries fighting, but because he just wants to know about their world! What’s it like? Do Pokémon exist there? HOW AWESOME!
—Aspear Berries
—Battle

Dislikes:
—His father
—Being compared to his father

Talents:
This guy is battle ready at all times. 10/10 would not fight. Avoid fighting at all costs.

Hobbies:
—surprisingly enough, this guys rather inquisitive, and he loves to learn new things (though he won’t admit to that)

Fears:
—Becoming his father
—Flying into a rage and coming out of it with blood on his fins
—Aviophobia

Crushes:
“Ehhhh...??”
(Shipping is open people)

Orientation:
Sexually confused? Is that an orientation?

Theme Song:

Other:

Oh boy! Mars! This certainly rounds out the typing! Its also good to have a normal Pokémon involved in this. Glad to see 'im again, explosiveKitten explosiveKitten ! A very nice recreation and transfer!

Last edited:
Riolux Riolux I made those corrections and also elaborated a little more on the fatal flaw to see if that might help. If it's still not enough I'll find something else ^^
How's it look?

Name: Chase
Species: Vaporeon
Faction: Ex follower of Kyogre.
Alignment: Would help others, but not to the point of extreme physical pain. However, would probably do so if he knew the person. (Neutral - Neutral Good)
Fatal Flaw: Has trouble trusting others and communicating, Hesitant to start a fight, what usually causes them to attack first.
Saving Grace: Chase is very loyal to his friends and is willing to help anybody in need, even if his shyness gets in the way of it.
Appearance:
Vaporeon.png
Ability: Water absorb.
Moves: Iron Tail, Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump, Dig & Rain Dance
Fighting style: Chase's fighting style is very defensive, preferring to get an accurate hit in and back out of range rather than head- on. He prefers to use ranged attacks, and will wait for an opening before coming in close.
Personality: Chase, even though he has trouble, tried his hardest to get to know or help others, though being a little introverted it is difficult for him. Usually he is extremely loyal to any friends he makes. He is more of a listener than a talker, and normally finds himself accidentally listening in on other's conversations. He prefers to be silent against insults or opinions he disagrees with, mostly to avoid fights. At the same time, he's not afraid to fight, but prefers to try persuasion beforehand. Would get along well with a follower of Xerneas or Cresellia, as he prefers to be diplomatic. Secretly wants to become a follower of either legendary, and tries to be more selfless to up his chances. Pretty indecisive when it comes to choices, hates to be put on the spot.
History: Mostly travels around between different towns,

-Water (Duh.)

-Nature

Dislikes:
-Being inconsiderate.

-Being forced to fight.

-Crowds

Talents:

-Tracking / Sense of direction

-Swimming (Yeep.)

Hobbies:

-Traveling

-Foraging

Fears:
-The goal of Kyogre. Drowning all the land Pokemon is pretty bad.

-Not being able to return home (Even though he doesn't remember anything)

-being turned against or betrayed by his friends.

Crushes: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Open)
Orientation: Pansexual (no preferences on gender etc)
Theme Song:

Last edited:
he Essentials:

Name: "Hi! My name is Miles."

Species: "I'm a Dewott, obviously."

Faction: "I'm not part of any faction. I'm just a normal Pokemon! I'm a wanderer, maybe thinking about becoming an explorer."

Alignment: "I try to do good things whenever I can, but if a law is in my way, I might... work around it." (Neutral Good)

Fatal Flaw: "My biggest problem is I can't stand by while others are getting hurt. It get's me in trouble a lot if I see anything bad happening to another. It's gotten me in trouble with the law a time or two, and I've definitely made some enemies."

Saving Grace: "I think the thing that allows me to progress the most is my adaptability. I'm really good at adjusting to life's difficulties.It lets me move past failures, but it also comes with some better ideas on how to beat the system, so to speak. My plans are always flexible."

Appearance:
Miles Sketch.png
Credit for this awesome sketch goes to Petuniabubbles on Deviantart!

Fighting style: "Each Dewott has their own fighting style, did you know that? Mine involves chaining attacks and forms together. It's not in a set order though, I could switch at any time. The attacks that I know are Swords Dance, Night Slash, Razor Shell, and Double Team. The Double Team is really the key to my strategy. It lets me have even more opportunities to adapt to the circumstances."

Personality and/or Writing example: Miles wandered along down the road to Treasure Town. He hadn't stopped by for a while, so he thought he'd swing by and see if anything had changed from the last time he was there. Were there new apprentices at the guild, a famous exploration team, or just normal Treasure Town? He planned on heading for the Marowak Dojo after stopping by at the guild. He'd considered applying for membership multiple times, but he never fully committed. Exploration teams were good, but he felt he could do just as much without all the brutal training.

Suddenly a little movement caught his eye. A servant of either Darkrai or Yveltal was skulking near the entrance to Spinda's Cafe. Hidden by brush, many of the patrons entering and leaving didn't notice. However, as one of the patrons left, the shadowy figure followed. It looked like a follower of Xerneas, a Sawsbuck and it was walking away from the cafe, alone. Miles followed from a distance, keeping careful watch on the pair, and debating whether or not to go for help.

All at once, the Servant, probably of Yveltal sprang through his covering and grabbed the Follower. The follower screamed in pain and buckled to his knees. Definitely Yveltal then. Miles didn't hesitate. He sprang forward, Scalchops spinning as he used Sword's Dance. The servant looked up too late as Miles struck a sweeping blow with Razor Shell as he flew past. Landing on the opposite side, he spun to face the Servant, seeing it was a Zangoose. The Servant smirked. "Was that meant to tickle? You know I can just drain the life from this pathetic healer, right?" As he spoke, his wounds slowly began to heal, and the Follower screamed again.

"The problem with you holding on to him is you can only defend yourself with one hand." Miles said. Images began sprouting off of him as he used Double Team. "Let's see you try to defend from every direction with that limitation." He said, and the images sprang forward again. The Servant spun around the Follower, desperately trying to defend himself while still holding on, but to no avail. Miles's blades kept hitting their mark, and the Servant still hadn't landed a single hit. Finally, growling, the Servant dropped the Sawsbuck, which collapsed to the ground, breath heaving. Miles swept in between the two and knocked the Servant back with a combo-ed Razor Shell and Night Slash. The Follower staggered to his feet, and Miles quickly asked, "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine, but that blasted servant-" Suddenly the followers eyes widened, and Miles felt a hand clamp on his shoulder. Excruciating pain tore through him, and it took all of Miles's self control to keep from screaming

"Not so confident now, are you?" The servant snickered. "I'm going to enjoy draining you dry."

Miles was unable to answer because of the pain. It felt like his entire body was being burned at once. A low groan escaped his mouth. He managed to look at the Follower, who was still struggling to rise. At least he'd be all right. The Follower caught his eye, and shook his head. Guess he wasn't able to heal like this, Miles thought. Miles thought hard about how he could turn this one around. He could barely move because of the pain, and it was beginning to make him feel light headed. It seemed like his energy was depleting fast. Miles got an idea. He waited as the Servant laughed over his near motionless form. "Had enough yet?" The servant asked, mockingly. Just a little longer, Miles thought. "How are you going to defend yourself like this?"

Now. A torrent of energy flowed into his body, and Miles spun around, using a high powered Razor shell. The Servant staggered back, cursing. "How did you-"

Miles didn't give him a chance to continue that thought. Using Double Team again, and then another Swords Dance. Miles began what he liked to call the Blade Current. Torrent boosted Razor Shells came at the Servant from all sides at once, and the Servant had no chance to counterattack. "Yvetal curse you!" The Servant shouted as he fled. Miles stopped himself from following and muttered, "That's how I defend myself." He then turned back towards the Follower. The least he could do is make sure it got into town safely after all this trouble.

History: "I grew up in Treasure Town, but my family originally came from Post Town. I grew up like most Oshawotts, practicing my Scalchop skills, and training to become strong. Since evolving, I decided to travel honing my strength. Over the course of my travels, my family was attacked by a servant of Darkrai, and placed in a nightmare. We lived on the outskirts of town, so no one thought it weird when they first disappeared. Eventually they were found and brought to a follower of Cresselia, but for some it was too late. My younger brother and older sister ended up dying because of the Nightmare, and my younger sister has had to stay with the Follower permanently because the nightmares never truly left her. I decided to head out to Zodiac City to find out more about who could have been the one to attack my family."

The Extra:

Likes: "I like training with my scalchops, helping people and traveling. Meeting new people is fun too."

Dislikes: "I don't like Servants of Darkrai. I don't like to waste time, and I don't like seeing people get hurt." (Once he learns of the existence of Renegades, he'll be fine with them, but until then, he hates all servants of Darkrai.

Talents: "I'm a rather talented fighter, and I am also good at quickly making decisions. I'm a pretty good guard, I have been hired before. That's pretty much it for now."

Hobbies: "I don't have much time for hobbies, but when I do get a spare moment, I'm usually training. Occasionally I'll read, but that's rare."

Fears: "I fear not being strong enough. I fear not being able to help. I fear facing a situation where I find i don't want to help. And I fear being alone."

Crushes: "Um... None yet..." -blushes slightly- (Open, probably will happen sometime quickly.)

Orientation: Straight.

Theme Song: Still finding one.

Other:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Essentials:

Name: "My name is Aneirin."

Species: "I am an Absol, obviously."

Faction: "I'm no longer part of a Faction" (Renegade, former Follower of Xerneas.)

Alignment: "I live by a personal code, not abstract concepts of right and wrong." (Lawful neutral)

Fatal Flaw: "My biggest struggle is responsibility. Leadership wouldn't suit me very well."

The burden of responsibility. The ability to sense disasters comes with a personal feeling of responsibility to warn others of their coming. He'll go to great lengths to warn others, and he'll often take massive risks to get to the area where the disaster will happen before it strikes. Also, if he is leading a group, he'll be rather indecisive, due to not wanting to make a wrong choice. Failure to warn others and failure to lead weigh heavily on him, and he personally is hard on himself after that.

Saving Grace: "I think my best quality is my drive to succeed."

Aneirin is driven. If he sets out to accomplish a task, he will use all of his effort. This is partly the cause of his flaw, because he takes the failures that he has very personally. This drive allows him to focus almost perfectly on the task at hand, allowing him to do come up with some pretty unorthodox solutions to problems.

Appearance: (Unfortunately there isn't a picture =(. A description will have to do, which is sad because he looks pretty normal.)
Aneirin looks like a standard Absol, usually carrying around a medicine pouch. His identifying characteristics are the opal-like sheen to his fur, causing it to shimmer a large variety of colors (his mark of Xerneas), his ice blue eyes, and a slight notch in his horn, about 3/4ths of the way up.
Anei.png
Super awesome shout-out to James the Typhlosion for getting this done for me! Please check him out here!

Fighting style: "Fighting is something I'm good at, even if it's not my first choice of action. I know where people hurt, and aim for that."

He, unlike most of Xerneas's followers, has no inhibitions about violence, if someone is getting in the way. That doesn't mean he won't try a peaceful solution first, but if the opponent insists on fighting, he will. His fighting style is very calculated. Most healers know the places that hurt the most on a body, and he is no exception. He goes for fast, precise strikes on sensitive areas of the body, trying to end it quickly, but with as little permanent damage as possible, unless he's angry. If he's angry, he switches his aim from points that would cause pain, to vulnerable spots that will quickly incapacitate his rival.

"But, you can't leave!" the young follower of Xerneas protested, looking up at Aneirin worriedly. "He can still make it!"

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you. There is going to be a tornado-"

"So? He's dying, and I don't know what to do." The follower said, tears welling up into his eyes. Aneirin felt tears well up. It was time for him to make the choice he knew was coming. Would he focus on his calling as a healer, or would he focus on his duty as an Absol. The responsibilities seemed to conflict more and more often these days. A silence seemed to prevail over the entire area, only broken by the groans of the injured Pokemon.

The silence continued until Aneirin started walking out of the room. "Wait, where are you going? He's going to die if you don't help him!"

A single tear fell down Aneirin's face as he turned to look at his former co-worker. "I'm going to do my duty. There is no good choice in this matter. If I stay, the town gets destroyed, and more people will be hurt and killed. If I go, then I will forever bear the guilt of his death." More tears began to fall. "I choose to follow my soul. Staying will only cause me more trouble. I can run from the duty of a healer, but I can't run from the duty of an Absol."

"So you're running away? Forever?" The follower asked.

Aneirin nodded, tears now streaming down his face. "I'm sorry," he said one more time, knowing it was woefully inadequate for the occasion. He then turned and fled, running as fast as he could towards where the tornado would hit, fervently praying that Arceus would grant him the strength to live alone and rejected, as all Absols seemed to end up.

History: "History? I can't remember most of it. My earliest memory is a feeling of being pulled, and then Xerneas standing over me. I remembered my name, and Xerneas told me that I was one of her followers, a healer, a spreader of peace. Everything that Xerneas said made sense and fit, but I got the sense that something was being held back. Xerneas promised to help my mind heal, and eventually regain my memories, as long as I continued as a follower. I did for a while, but then the pressure of healing and the pressure of warning began to build up, and I decided to leave. I split from the group and fled to Zodiac city."

Yeah, I'll work out the human history soon enough, but this should be enough to start.

The Extra:

Likes: "I like good food, helping people, being successful, and, even though I left, I still like and respect Xerneas."

Dislikes: "I really don't like being being alone, even though I have to be. I don't like death, failure, and I don't like it when I can't plan all the way through

Talents: "I mean, I can sense disasters with my horn, but that was obvious. Oh, you mean personal talents. I'm a pretty good fighter, I'm a decent healer, and I can solve puzzles pretty well. I've got pretty good stamina, and I've got a knack for cooking. I can read footprint runes, and Unown script."

Hobbies: "I never really have much time for hobbies because I always have to go somewhere, be it to heal, or to warn. In my down time I enjoy cooking, learning about things, and solving puzzles."

Fears: "I'm afraid of failure, rejection, and losing control. I'm afraid of myself a little."

Crushes: None yet.

Orientation: Straight

Theme Song:
Other:
nothing right now.

Last edited:
Name: Jayce

Species: Metang

Faction: {s} Jayce is currently a Renegade
Alignment: Neutral

Fatal Flaw: For some reason, Jayce is devoid of almost all emotion, and is usually defined as a "machine". With his efficiency in his missions and little social contact, most of the Pokemon that Jayce has ever encountered wondered if Jayce could feel. This makes Jayce pretty ruthless while he completes his missions. He doesn't think much of the Pokemon around him, as long as he can complete his mission. This includes both his comrades and his opponents, not allowing anyone to get in his way. This makes Jayce seem more of a bad guy than he truly is. He is not able to express or understand emotion, and therefore isn't able to make an emotional bond with other Pokemon. This truly makes it difficult for Jayce to connect with any Pokemon, making him seem heartless and cruel.

Saving Grace: While Jayce has little to no emotion, there are some rare cases. If Jayce's comrades were ever in a life or death situation, Jayce would quickly be by their side. This is due to Jayce's backstory, which is currently unknown. Jayce at times breaks through his emotionless shell if something, like persay a child Pokemon is in danger. The things that trigger Jayce would be things that are considered pure, such as saving a friend in need, and seeing a child in iminent danger.

Appearance:
images

Jayce's body is seemingly harder and more dense than most Metang's, making him a lighter blue. His claws shine like diamonds when exposed to light, and he is also larger than most Metang's.

Fighting Style:
Jayce is a well known strategist, using stat boosting moves and power physcic and steel type attacks. Jayce is continuously six steps ahead of his opponent, his superior intelligence being considered one of the most intelligent.

Moves:
  • Double Team
  • Agility
  • Meteor Mash
  • Psychic
Ability:
  • Levitate
Personality: Jayce is basically devoid of much emotion. He has never been seen as happy He can hold up a conversation, but it is similar to talking to a robot. He has never laughed, seemed happy, or angry. His tone is monotone and robotic, completely devoid of any emotional feeling.

History: {S}

The Extra:

• Training
  • Doing high risk missions

Dislikes:
  • Incompetence
  • Failure
  • Lack of planning

Talents:
  • Extreme Intelligence: Jayce is knowledgeable in several subjects.
  • Strategic Knowledge: His lack of emotion allows him to plan in even the most stressful and dangerous of situations.
  • Great Fighter: Jayce is a strong fighter, his mind and powerful body being his tools for victory.
Hobbies:
  • Studying
  • Loves science, and he even has his own little lab.
Fears:
{S}

Theme Song:

Last edited:
A good start, but there are multiple errors. The Renegades isn't a faction. They're individuals who left for a number of different reasons and are simply classified as such by actual factions. You may want to tone it down on the talents as well. There's highly trained and then there's going too far. Humans have only been summoned recently and there's no way he'd be able to encounter that many combatants seeing as the war hasn't gone full-blown yet. A bit more description towards the Saving Grace and Fatal Flaw would do good as well, such as how the fatal flaw impedes him personally and a bit more clarification on the Saving Grace. Not to mention said character is exceptionally young so their intelligence might only fall into one or two fields instead of being as diverse as it sounds to be so a bit of clearing up may be in order, with speaking on where it's not applicable and how that might affect how he operates. Overall, it's a start, but should go through some revision.
National National

You did fix a good deal of it, though you did forget the little smidgeon about Renegades not being a faction. Just individuals who were former human-turned Pokémon that left their faction of choice. Renegades are terms used by factions to describe these Pokémon.

National National

Um, if Jayce is a regular Metang then its likely he isn't a Renegade and just factionless. No difference between the two save that the former has potential faction enemies. National National

Users who are viewing this thread

Back