• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition

Cresion Breezes

Beta Tester of Life

pokemon_pokecenter_icon-icons.com_67517.png

Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition

1200px-Hearthome_City_BDSP_Concept_Art.jpg

The Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition is a tournament consisting of Tag Battles that is held in a large stadium in Hearthome City, Sinnoh. It is one of the city's biggest attractions, along with its Pokémon Contest and the fashion show promoted by the Poké Chic magazine. The finale rounds are broadcast on television and hosted by Enta, the mayor of Hearthome City.

When registering for the tournament, each Trainer was given a number. During the opening ceremony, a computer shuffled all the numbers, randomly (or so they claim) pairing up two numbers and forming different teams. With the teams formed, the tournament began with the Tag Battles taking place one at a time. All battles were observed by a referee. The prize is two Soothe Bells, one for each winner, as well as a monetary prize and WCS standing points for WCS competitors.

The basic rules of the tournament are as follows:
  1. Partners for the Tag Battle Competition will be assigned by the competition holders.
  2. All battles will be a 4v4 double battle, with each trainer using 2 Pokemon in each battle.
  3. Battles are decided when all Pokemon on one side are unable to battle.
  4. Trainers must register the Pokemon they plan to use in the battles (Minimum of 2, maximum of 6 Pokemon)
  5. Trainers are allowed to swap their Pokemon between different rounds of battle.

VbBjQ9O.png

ALTAIR
Prasiola

September 4th, Hearthome City

"Okay, I got her favourite treats and I'm putting on her favourite MewTube video, be prepared to strike while she's distracted, Psi." The young man said rather seriously to a floating keyring in front of him, the keyring jingled a bit in response, with great determination. They were in the back of a rather run-down-looking hotel, even the bushes and street benches around looked a little more rough compared to the rest of the shining city that is Hearthome. Another metallic Pokemon was perched on his shoulder, this one much rounder. "You help distract her with me okay, counting on you." He petted the Togedemaru on his shoulder encouragingly.

The keyring Pokemon, a Klefki, floated away a bit from his trainer with a brush and pail of water in its metallic tendrils and hid behind a sad-looking bush nearby, while the trainer took out a Pokeball from inside of his jacket and released a tiny ball of a Pokemon from it.

"Goom..." The Goomey within the ball appeared on the bench, she bobbed up and down a bit sluggishly, the surface of her skin was a little wrinkled and dried, making the Pokemon look somewhat lethargic. The protrusions on top of her head moved up and down slightly, sensing their environments before drooping down again.

"Hey there Goob Goob, I got you treatsies-" The trainer picked the Goomy up and lifted her in his arms with a smile, "Toge-!" the Togedemaru on his shoulder waved his tiny hand around at the other round Pokemon as well, handing out a colourful piece of Poke-food to the Goomy.

"You wanna share them with Rollie? I'll put on your favourite video too." Altair set the slug Pokemon down on the bench as it munched on the piece of food, Togedemaru hopped down as well and lifted his trainer's phone of his pocket. With a tiny spark the phone screen flashed on and began to play a video from MewTube. The Goomy was clearly enamoured by the video and the food alike, her head sensors wiggled around happily every time a sound came out of the phone. Altair looked at the small Pokemon while slowly breathing a sigh of relief, then waved at a bush in the distance quickly.

"Psst-, yeah yeah, now-" He gestured at Psion, his Klefki that hid away just a while ago.

The keyring floated out of the bush, carefully with none of his usual rowdiness, even being careful to not rattle the keys on his body. As he floated near the Goomy, Rollie the Togedemaru quickly ran down the bench and lifted a plastic bottle labeled 'Moisturizing Lotion' with a cartoon drawing of a few happy water-type Pokemon on the packaging upwards. Klefki raised his brush and dipped it into the pail of water, then Togedemaru hopped on the pump of the lotion bottle, the moisturizing lotion slowly fell...on top of Goomy.

The air was silent for a moment, but a few seconds later it became clear that Goomy didn't notice, her top layer of skin as dried out enough to dull her senses, and she was too distracted. The trainer and the other Pokemon all finally breathed out in relief. Psion took the brush and began to gently scrub and spread the lotion on Goomy's back, bit by bit, returning the slug Pokemon's wet membrane to its original state. As the MewTube video winded down to the last few minutes, Psion and Rollie quickly retreated and hid the cleaning supplies as Goomy looked up curiously at her trainer with a few crumbs stuck on her gooey body.

n6xhZuL.png

"You're all done?" He patted the small purple blob while brushing away the crumbs on her. "Oh, you want more?" He asked as the Goomey tried to climb up her trainer's body with her stickiness. "No, no, no you don't." Altair picked her up again off of his clothes. "We're out of money now, for treats. And for dry cleaning." The Goomy tilted her head, not really understanding what the human meant, but the other two small Pokemon looked at each other with a tired expression.

"Well guys, we gotta go win some battles...again." Altair sighed as well. Ever since he graduated and left Paldea the financial situation has really gone down the drain, probably because his battle win rate also has. "Let's see...Ah right, the Tag Battle Competition." He scrolled on his phone a few times while returning the Goomy (who was slightly upset the phone was taken away) to her Pokeball.

"Please give me a sign-up card for the tag battle tournament, this is my trainer profile...Yeah, I lived in Paldea for a few years, if you only take the cards I have one issued in Unova..." Altair said to the attendant as he pulled up his trainer profile on his phone, going through the process of the tournament sign-up.

"Alright, what are the Pokemon you plan to register in the tournament, sir?" The attendant asked.

Altair suddenly realized he didn't bring his normal battle team as he was too busy trying to moisturize Goomy earlier and didn't swap out his members. He glanced a bit at the sign-up line-up and then the rules, each trainer only needed 2 Pokemon minimum, so it shouldn't be an issue.

"Uh...Just...all of these, I guess. And him." Altair pointed to the floating Klefki beside him while placing 5 Pokeballs on the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back