Pokemon: Gijinka Tales

Wisp hurried back to where he'd left Sylvia, his hand on his head as he tried to keep his beret on as he ran. Waving to Sylvia with a smile as he approached, he looked curiously at something she held in her hand though before she had time to ask she had handed him one of the potions. Taking it with a small smile and a nod, he put it carefully in his pocket as he mulled over what she'd said. Sylvia hadn't been the chattiest since moving to Newberry and a lot of questions about her were left unanswered. It was her right to keep it from them of course but a curious mind had to wonder.

He walked alongside her, hands in his pockets as he watched her curiously with his one visible eye darting over her face. For the most part she was a fairly human looking gijinka though he knew without the shawl it wasn't the case. That was the point of it after all. It actually looked rather nice on her, complimenting her hair nicely in it's own way. He was a bit surprised when she spoke up, looking away in fear that he'd been staring. "It isn't any problem at all," he said, pulling out one hand to mess with the back of his hair. "I couldn't just let you go out on your own and do this."

Wisp seemed genuinely caring and sincere when he spoke to her; so much so that she looked at his eyes to see just how sincere and honest he was being. Sylvia smiled a bit before she spoke once more. "I've been alone in my search for them for over four years now. The morning I evolved was the day I was separated from my family. All because of a lovestruck Hondoom Gijinka fan...and my refusal to evolve in what my family wished me to evolve into." Sylvia spoke as the two of them walked together towards the human city.

"I was supposed to be a Sylveon. It's why I was named Sylvia and why I was taught the move 'Dazzling Gleam' when I was still but a young Eevee. My family has long practised arranged marriages, because looking human had become such a need for survival since my family's bloodline first became Gijinka from our common Pokemon ancestors many ages ago." Sylvia spoke and as she did so, placed her hands together and looked from the horizon beyond to down. "It was a very dark time and we are still passed down the stories. True some claim individual heroes or villains, but the store remains largely unchanged as a whole."

"I was a happy Eevee once. My family is more than just my parents and brother you see...but all of us travelling Gypsies, never calling one place or region our home but only the road...the long lonely road where we just have each other to keep from feeling that way. We consist only of Eeveelution, and those that bear a lot of daughters are more cherished than those who bear a lot of sons. And looking more human than pokemon is also a key, so those that look more human are usually more sought after as wives or husbands. We suffered so much death when the first Gijinka evolved on this world that since then we were taught that looking like our ancestors is a bad thing while looking more human is a good thing, just to survive. We only 'reveal' ourselves during shows, and then we hide again until it's just us on the road." Sylvia sighed, as if it were unpleasant memories.

"I was supposed to marry a Sylveon man, and we were planned to bedazzel the crowd with our fairy moves. Nurael is a kind man and many of us found fun in him as he could make us all smile, he's also the Sylveon I was supposed to marry. However...even as young Eevee...I could tell he was never happy with his appearance and he always quietly pined for my cousin Aeranoi who comes from a more human line than I do. She was lucky to be born without the traditional ears or tail....in fact the only thing that changed about her in appearance other than her age was her hair color when she evolved. Seeing how sad and unhappy Nurael was...I didn't want to be a Sylveon either. For one thing I don't like bows or ribbons as it makes it that much harder to dance and is also quiet dangerous for another." Sylvia then decided to take a moment to breathe from talking so much.

Nikki

With a sigh she stood up in her house and walked out just in time to run into Bobby with a present. "Hmm? ...Oh, Bobby is this for my birthday?"

"Yup! You didn't think I'd forget your birthday, did you?"

"No, of course not. Thanks, Bobby."

She opened the present slowly. An assortment of poffins were inside, each wrapped with a bow wrapped around each one carefully. "Awww." She put the box down and hugged her friend, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back