Pokemon Dice

I think this is a good start. Have you thought about the equations for the roll? How to get those stats, how that stat affects the roll, what you need to be successful or what you need to top for the other Pokemon's stat, etc.?

Well, I was basically going to use the stats to decide how many sides go on the dice. Basically it'll go

stats + buffs + debuffs = sides of die

calclating a hit works as attacker's attack roll vs defenders defense or speed roll. 

if attacking roll - defending roll > 0 then attacking roll - defending roll = damage taken

if attacking roll - defending roll < or = 0 then damage is negated

I was thinking instead of having the Pokemon level up, the Trainers would level up. If you put stat points into Diligence, then you can potentially make your Pokemon stronger faster. 

Training regime is basically an event the Trainer can trigger to train their Pokemon. After role playing through a regime, the trainer selects one Pokemon stat relevant to the regime and rolls their Diligence to see how many points they can allocate to that stat. 

Not quite. I mentioned buffs and debuffs. There's still things I need to factor in, and I still haven't written it all down on the document in an understandable fashion..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back