• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Please be My Friend.

Which is better, frogs or toads?

• Frogs

• Toads

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord of the Frogs! RIBBIT!
TL; DR

Write good.

Don't leave me. At least without saying anything, I'll cry.

Work with me, don't just always reply to my posts, let's work on something together! ?

I never RP as, or with, canon characters. Canons as minor, NPC type characters is cool, if I do a Fandom. I mostly prefer original content. ?

At the bottom are three examples of writing you can generally expect from me, not including formatting, bbcode and the like.

After the examples are some loose ideas, and probably some rambling. I have a scattered brain.

Firstly, I sometimes type on my phone, like I currently am, sometimes my computer. Computer time gets fancy bbcode and formatting. Phone I just try not to bork it.

I don't have a lot of rules really. Follow the site rules, obviously. I'll have examples of quick posts I made up on the spot, so don't be too harsh, or do, if it's constructive! You can measure my writing against yours and see if we can write at similar, or compatible, ways.

Other rules? I want to RP on this site. I don't want to go to discord. I don't want to pm our RP, except conversations, especially long ones, then I can, or, if you prefer, splice it all up into a pretty post for the RP.

Other other rules? Eh, normal stuff I guess? Commitment issues, abandonment issues, inability to communicate and collaborate on story? All bad things. I like RPing because of the collaborative aspect. I like making my super awesome character of Frogs poke a pile of dangerous looking leaves and having nothing happen, only to find out, thanks to your idea/post that it's really Trumps hair, and it's attached to a super robot! Ahhh!

OK, maybe not that silly, unless that's the RP, but yeah, collaborate.

Things that may bother others, but not me. Schedules. I have no life, and infinite time on my hands, not everyone does. If you post once a week, I'm cool with that, just don't abandon me without saying anything. I'll cry.

Your writing style. Whether it's first person, third narrative, descriptive, past, present, future, any tense, doesn't matter to me. I can match if needed, but I'm not prefect. I prefer third person mostly, in the past tense, but it's really how I'm feeling. I may throw a laughed instead of laughs in there by accident. As along as you can write in English in paragraph form, unless you have another format, as long as there are lots of words, like, at least four sentences. If you can crank out four sentences, on your worst day, with a crappy post to reply to, then I'm cool.

Things that bother me that may not bother others. Claiming to be literate, then writing like a child. This of course only counts in RP. In very much a child outside of RP XD. But really, hmm, let's say, no more than one spelling mistake per sentence. If you can average one mistake per paragraph, perfect!

Though I'm not perfect, and I bet a master of the English language can find dozens of mistakes in every one of my sentences. So, perfection not required, but, I won't RP with anyone who can't write in complete, resume quality sentences, OK, maybe not that intense, but, if you write bad, that's bad.

I love many themes, but I love darker ones a lot! I love doubling/tripling, and killing off characters, obviously in RPs that have violence/death.

Below are three example posts of mine, complete with suggested plot settings! ?

It's past midnight. The streets are dark this far from town. The bulbs for the few street lights are powered by candles, and these ones aren't well maintained. It's a perfect spot for an ambush.

"But Carl, a---."
"Shut up, I'm lecturing now, leave me be!"

Carl looks off into the distance at an imaginary camera and continues his narration.

The empire is a recent development. People decided they needed a king, and so a king was chosen. They chose one man to give all the power to for all the lands.

Less than a fortnight later and a cranial shadow has already taken hold of the king. He builds grand cities and monuments, but it's pushing out all the farmers. With dwindling food supplies, less farm land, a corrupt king, and many, many blind followers. What are you going to do?

"I dunno Carl. What are we going to do?"

I can see it.
The light.

Some scientists are debating the existence of the soul. Whether it's real or not.

Well, it is.

I see it in all living beings. Humans, animals, insects, even machines who have gained sentience.

I also see it leave their bodies when they die.

The reason for this debate, the actuality of the soul, is because of those very machines I just mentioned. Robotic AI has been around for a long time, but they've recently started wanting rights.

It's a bit of a hairy, sometimes violent, mostly invisible problem. Much like the Cold War, thousands of years ago, direct and open war isn't what will win this. My job? Well, OUR job is to do research and build evidence as to why they should be given rights, these, machines.

We may be human, but we were chosen for our skill set. We're open minded and unbiased, or so the ones who chose us believe. We know how to fight, and, our strongest skill? Stealth, and our penchant for, "finger dexterity".

Why do they even call us scientists?

I see her arms moving, but I'm not fast enough to dodge her blade as it comes crashing down like an avalanche, decapitation my arm like a criminal in a guillotine.

The once lush and vibrant grass has long since been stained. Spots of crimson, where the grass is slick. Spots of black, smoldering from the after effects of pyrokinetic magic. Sheets of blue and white where my ally cast his winter spells. The battlefield is a kaleidoscope, it's beauty is alluring, embracing those who have fallen.

We were supposed to stop our brethren, fellow demons that follow the new tyrant lord. It looks like we're going to fail. I look back at my last remaining ally, covered in thin sheets of ice, remnants of the effort of magic. I want to tell him, once and for, all how I feel. I gaze into his eyes, my mouth moving to the words I wish to say, but no sound is created as I slink to the ground. The sight of the oddly beautiful battlefield dimming as I near the ground.

So, frog person (Like Tsuyu Asui, or "Froppy", from Boku no Hero Academia. (Fandom not required.)) x anyone. ?

Super powers.
Schools.

Noir.

Fantasy, high to low magic, all good, including steam punk, dragons, multiple races, or anything.

Sci-fi.

I love romance, in all it's shapes and sizes. From love at first site, so two people seemingly designed to hate each other slowly, painfully, and slowly coming to like each other. I'm a sucker for all of it.

Actually, seems I like a lot. So, let's go with what I don't like.

Oddly enough, loving frogs so much, I don't like furry, or any type of full animal RP. I feel I can't relate to the creatures. Half animals are cool, full animal (not plural, don't want an entire RP of them XD,) that used to be human, or other race, or a soul was put in them, mind switched, all cool. I like me a good master human wizard accidentally turns himself into a frog just as much as the next person!

Realism. I don't mean slice of life. I love slice of life. But, if I have to be accurate with real world dates, times, locations, and such, no thank you. I hated history class, and I hated geography class. Not doing those again!

Uh, I think that's about it? Sorry for the wall of text. I know you didn't read it all, but thanks for trying! This post is entirely too long, and I should edit that, but I'm making a conscious decision not to do that XD.

That was awesome aha
I feel like if I had taken the time to sit and write my introduction it would have come out a bit like that ahaha
The matching others, third person with past tense etc.

Collaborate with me you frog loving friend, I’m sure we can find a plot worth writing.

Hi there, nice to meet you! :D You seem like a blast to talk with haha I'd like to work out a plot with you if you're still looking for partners? :)

Hmm. How's this. I'll say yes, but, sadly, I may be reaching my RP limit. I tend to do 1x1 RPs, and a few at the same time, but, not even half starting plotting my second 1x1, and some random dood was like, "Hey cute frog dude, join my group RP." so I was like, "'K".

So, we can go ahead with plotting, and other such evils, but, I may have to drop someone, or more, depending on how crazy everyone posts, or something. Not saying it's you, but just rambling on about how I don't really know my limit, so you can ignore this post.

Oof you seem great at RPing and I’m new to this site. I’m looking for someone to help for a first timer, would you be willing? ?

Oh dear. Lol. I don't mind mentoring. But, I don't want to overwork myself. But I can't say no to those puppy dog eyes! Lucky for you, I have a super neat way of helping people of all levels, so long as they can read, write, and have basic conversational and critical thinking skills, I can teach you to RP, methinks. Can you message yet? GeminiMoon GeminiMoon

Also,im super we to this site. NOT RPing. ??

Howdy! If you’re still interested and open to new roleplay partners, I’d be happy to work on a Fantasy plot with you!

Howdy! If you’re still interested and open to new roleplay partners, I’d be happy to work on a Fantasy plot with you!

Ack! I gotta find a way to close this or something, lol. I think I have too many things now. I have all the things now. I don't wanna get overwhelmed. So, I'm going to politely decline and go cry in the corner because I said no to someone. Sorry! ?

Oh dear. Lol. I don't mind mentoring. But, I don't want to overwork myself. But I can't say no to those puppy dog eyes! Lucky for you, I have a super neat way of helping people of all levels, so long as they can read, write, and have basic conversational and critical thinking skills, I can teach you to RP, methinks. Can you message yet? GeminiMoon GeminiMoon

Also,im super we to this site. NOT RPing. ??

Oh, I’m not sure I can yet ? How do I figure that out? I’m super new

I was going to message you, but, I'll just tell you how here, for anyone else that might see, and then message you myself :P

If you click on someone's name, it brings up a menu. Once you have at least 10 posts on your account, you'll be able to do things like starting a conversation, or creating a signature. GeminiMoon GeminiMoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back