Video Games Played any Arcade Games?

BananaMuffin

Lucky Number Seven
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've been watching a couple of retrospectives from a youtuber who covers railshooters and I don't know if they're actually really popular and my recommendations are just barely showing me anything but she helped me realized that I barely hear anyone talk about arcade games. So here's a thread dedicated to them! Are we missing out on anything you've played in the arcade? Is it likely they can be found in a Dave n Busters or Chuck E Cheese nowadays, or have they've been lost to obscurity?

I lived in New Jersey for some point in my life, which is home of boardwalks. Every boardwalk has at least one or two arcades on them. During warmer weather, I would sometimes go to them with friends. I particularly enjoy claw machines and Time Crisis.

I'm all about Galaga, my favorite arcade game. But I will always love going to an arcade and playing anything. Rail shooters are so fun, a BIG reason why I loved it when the Wii came out because of the rail shooters and the gun attachments for the controllers. So fun!

I lived in New Jersey for some point in my life, which is home of boardwalks. Every boardwalk has at least one or two arcades on them. During warmer weather, I would sometimes go to them with friends. I particularly enjoy claw machines and Time Crisis.
Time Crisis is a good one! The only time I've been to a boardwalk was during my trip to Galveston and even then I didn't get to access the arcades, so it'd be nice to experience them one day.

I'm all about Galaga, my favorite arcade game. But I will always love going to an arcade and playing anything. Rail shooters are so fun, a BIG reason why I loved it when the Wii came out because of the rail shooters and the gun attachments for the controllers. So fun!
Indeed! Never got to touch the Wii as a kid, so it never crossed my mind that Nintendo even made gun attachments for it. It seems a lot more obvious now though XD I'll be sure to keep this in mind if I ever get my hands on one. Galaga is a definite classic, though I've always been more into Pacman if anything. What's your highest score?

Time Crisis is a good one! The only time I've been to a boardwalk was during my trip to Galveston and even then I didn't get to access the arcades, so it'd be nice to experience them one day.

Indeed! Never got to touch the Wii as a kid, so it never crossed my mind that Nintendo even made gun attachments for it. It seems a lot more obvious now though XD I'll be sure to keep this in mind if I ever get my hands on one. Galaga is a definite classic, though I've always been more into Pacman if anything. What's your highest score?
You should look into the Wii. I think it's become a cult classic kind of thing to collect all the random dumb and cool attachments for the Wii Controllers. You got the gun stuff, sports stuff like tennis rackets and baseball bats, bowling balls, steering wheels etc etc. ALL kinds of stuff, and I've always wanted to start collecting because I love the Wii.

Highest Score? I have NO idea lol. I'm terrible at the game honestly and my BIGGEST goal is to just get the double ship and start over if I mess it up lol

Street fighter and Mortal Kombat are the ones I recall playing the most.

I don't think any of the games I'm playing you are missing out on, I do however think the claims they weren't making enough, leading to them all being shut down almost in the case of my region is straight up bullshit. It just wasn't earning high enough profits for some people who think if they aren't pulling 400% profits then the business isn't profitable...

But uh once I remember fondly, would be Mortal Kombat 1, Virtua Fighter (various), 90% of shooter cabinets, the 1940's series top-down bullet hell flyers, also though beyond my time and not an arcade per say, one of my childhood friends had a Donkey Kong machine, that could be surprisingly fun. But I'm not rose tinted enough to say they hold up to a lot of newer machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back