• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pirate Roleplay- To Befall a King [IC Thread]

f821e67693c496aa01839f1b478bebcc_full.jpg

"This is the worst idea. Ever. Of all time." Azalea stated as she flung open the door to the Drunken Huntsmen. The strong smell of ale and poorly mopped up vomit hit her quickly, an unpleasant smell she'd come accustomed to in this rathole of a tavern. The Drunken Huntsman was a tavern in the port of Arsenyve, riddled with the poor, criminals and outcast, and more importantly, the best place to pick up rumors. The bustling tavern quickly quieted at the sight of Azalea, her trusty Captain, and the rest of the crew.

Everybody knew the Red Scarlet. They'd performed the greatest of heists, invaded some of the toughest pirate crews and left them with nothing, and killed every the most dangerous creatures out there. Word got around over the years, and they became the crew to be respected, and feared. Recently, they'd caught wind of something valuable, but also said to be a myth. Something that could ruin the Mad King and even better, the General. They were following the ramblings of a madman, but if found out to be true...the riches would be endless. No more King, no more General. No more Navy. No more problems.

They just had to find out what it was. And where.

Azalea had her doubts, as she had said so. She wasn't about to go chasing echoes just because some lunatic was babbling about it in the streets. She wasn't one to put her faith in anything, or have a positive outlook. But if there was any place that could tell them more, it was the Drunken Huntsmen.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 madame moiselle madame moiselle Kenji Jensai Kenji Jensai Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Ineptitude Ineptitude Slytherins Slytherins Inheritance Inheritance dragonsfire dragonsfire Hell Diver Hell Diver SleepySloth SleepySloth H HeckingHeck spooksspook spooksspook Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

James walks in right behind his captain and ignores the strong smell instead looking around and makeing sure to tuck his coin pouch inside of his pants. "Are you sure this is the best idea to get information captain? I mean I feel like im going to get stabbed in the arse in this place at the best of times."
He keeps his hand next to his knife and the butts of a few pistols are peaking out from under the cloak he is wearing. His longbow is strung over his shoulder and his quiver is at his hip as he tries to look a bit more menacing due to him just being the cook.

Cascadia Evangeline Pavli
Cascadia followed the rest of the crew from far back, lips pulled back into what would have been an amicable grin if not for the rows of fang-like teeth that were exposed. At the moment, she appeared to be the one of the most relaxed out of the crew members. If one were to closely observe her, however, they would notice that her form was especially rigid. A tavern was quite possibly an Arachnoid's worst nightmare, for obvious reasons. And it would only be made worse by their heightened sense of smell and touch.

"I'm sure the captain knows what she's doing, James." Cascadia commented in a playful manner, in an to distract herself from the heat and scents of her surroundings.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Kvothe Equinox
A tavern? Hmmm it had been a while. He was typically more comfortable on a ship. A ship was freedom, while a cramped up wooden box rigged to explode if any match went off was simply not his style. He still followed the captain in, though muttering about how he should stay back and guard the ship. Not that it really mattered, they had gained enough noteriety to ward off thieves.

Still, as the place quieted, he spoke up. "Please do not let us stop you from a good time my friends! Another round everyone! Our captain is quite rich indeed!"
There. That otta put a spin on things...

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Slipping past those who stood ambling about at the doorway, Coda made her way towards the back of the tavern; slinking towards the fire with a small grin. The warmth of the flames comforted her, having been sorely missed within the heart of a fire elemental out at sea. Without much of a thought she had plunged her hands into the yellow flames, a pop of blue lighting up the fireplace and spooking the few others that sat comfortably around the heat. The small flames licked at her armor; the metal gleaming brightly as it reflected the bright light. As several drunken men found it in themselves to attempt her feat- sticking their hands awkwardly into the flames -she chortled to herself; watching in entertainment as the were sent scuttling back to their seats with small yelps and screeches. Also maybe some burnt fingers, but that was the least of her problems.

Creating another pop of the flames with a quick flick of her wrist, Coda stood and stalked calmly away from the fireplace; only to hear a loud exclamation on behalf of one of her crewmates. Chuckling at the engaged response he received, the ifrit fell back into place among her crew. Jabbing a small elbow into Kvothe's side with a grin, she gestured back out towards the crowded tavern.

"I think you should say it again, I don't think the entire street heard you, Kvothe~", she joked slyly, shifting her weight back onto her heels as she surveyed the rest of the tavern.

{ Inheritance Inheritance }

Atmora Etter

As the rest of her crew grew sick and fearful at the sight of the tavern, Atmora rolled her eyes before adjusting her hat and putting a thin smirk upon her lips. "Hey boys." She called rather loudly around the still silent room, most either avoiding eye contact with the woman or sending extremely dirty and hostile glares her way. "Did you miss me?" She asked, making her way over to where a few men were gambling. She grabbed one of their mugs and leaned on the larger of the two while taking a sip and sighing. "I missed this piss water that you all like to call ale." Setting it roughly back down onto the already unsteady wooden table, a bit of its contents splashing out onto their already worse for wear cards, they both remained silent, silently fuming as she moved to the next. "Bernard!" She greeted another intimidating man, snatching the cigar out of hit mouth and shoving it into her own, nodding in approval. Removing it she glanced the thing over, speaking as wisps of smoke would trail out of her mouth. "My my, who'd you have to rob in order to get this beauty." There was someone who sat across from him, she didn't know his name but he clearly wasn't human. Most likely new around these parts, he shot the woman a glare before grabbing his dagger off of the table and moving to send it into her toros when Bernard across from him pulled his arm to a halt, eyes wide as he shook his head.

Now... it was a well known fact that Atmora was the only person in the room who was perfectly human. No curses, magic, or that one thing your asshole of a father left you with his damned bloodline. Some were master thieves and others were so adept as swordplay they'd put fairy tales to shame. So if they wanted to, they could've beaten, robbed, raped, and killed her all within the span of five seconds. Yet in being the despicable woman she was... they not only feared her crew, but the enemies she had made along the way who would be furious not to be the one to torture or lock up the Red Scarlet's captain.

And so, she was pretty safe.

For now at least.

Moving away from the fearful Bernard after having returned his cigar, she surveyed the room, a slight frown tugging upon her lips as she realized the person she was looking for had yet to arrive. And so she approached the bar, the orc that was cleaning a mug behind it immediately paused in his task to focus upon the woman. "C-can I get you something, milady?" He clearly not interested in having a saber through his gut. "Oh Vrirt, do you have anything remotely alcoholic in this shit hole?" He nodded and set a mug on the counter before reaching for a bottle. "Ah, not that one." She instructed. "The one next to it, that one's been spiked." Out in the room she heard someone curse, which only brought yet another smile. She had been doing this for too long to be fooled. "Right..." Vrirt responded slowly whilst taking hold of the other, sending a sharp glare to whoever was the culprit.

As the crew mingled about, Atmora remained watchful while sipping her drink carefully, checking for any type of additives each time. But finally, a certain someone entered the tavern, quickly making their way to one of the empty tables in a far corner. Smiling she left her drink on the bar as she stood from her stool, not bothering in finishing it as she knew while she looked away, it had been laced.

"Longtime no see, Mortis." She greeted the creature that lifted his long nose from an old leather-bound tome, his beady eyes shifting from the yellowing parchment to the human before him. Mortis was an old lore master with a knack for gathering information. A rat, if you will. Literally and figuratively speaking. Pushing his glasses up his grey furred muzzle, he set the book down carefully. "Ah...Atmora... and what do I owe the pleasure of this visit to?" He folded his clawed paws in front of him as she answered, lowering her voice. "I have heard that there is a new rumor circulating. And knowing that you have a a way of getting your claws into any number of things in ways better left unknown... care to share what you know?" He fell silent for a moment, his brow furrowing slightly. "Come on..." she cooed. "A fountain of youth? Sword to rival Excalibur? A dragon who has kept his lazy arse atop a pile of gold for the last few centuries?" He shook his head, flipping a few pages in the tome he had before turning it to have it face her. Muttering a spell beneath his breath, a small mage light appeared floating over the book as he pointed to a small illustration. "That... Atmora, is what people are talking about..." His voice held hints of worry. " Peering down, she tried to decipher what it was, wholly unsure at the moment.

Kvothe Equinox
"Hmm you think? I figured half the street would be enough but if you think I should yell louder I'm sure I could-" He was nudged out of the way by a large man who continued on without a second glance. For a second Kvothe thought about engaging, but figured he could wait. He'd probably just cut his purse or something like that later.

He turned back to the Ifreet, eager to make more conversation. He had seen her just plunge her hands into the fire, which was quite fascinating really. Not that he had ever talked to her much, which always puzzled him; being that he was quite charismatic and never had a problem talking to anyone. If you were to say he was afraid to talk to her, he would deny it, and wrote it off as he was a being of flesh and she...fire and air. Still, apparently the smell of cheap liquor was enough to give him a kick.

"So, eh, Miss Coda is it?" Stupid. Bad start. "Why did you come to the Tavern anyway? I didn't know you drank without...what I mean is to say fire and alcohol..." What the hell was wrong with him?! "Uh...sorry I... uh..." If his mind could speak, there would be many words in many languages flying around this tavern, causing even the hardest of sailors to raise an eye. But fortunately, his inner rage at his idiocy was silenced by his failure to speak...

spooksspook spooksspook

d87708948cbffc03035fd9900c427232.jpg

Azalea shot Kvothe a pointed look as if he'd said something completely insane. "What are we the Lollipop Guild?! We don't give out free rounds!" She hissed before turning and striding over to the bar. She didn't like Kvothe, nor trust him. Not after he'd been with the Navy. Azalea despised the Navy with a burning hate, everyone in the crew knew that. Even after all the time with Kvothe, it was obvious she still didn't like him.

She held up a finger and the orc, Virit brought her a drink without objection. Azalea did the same as Atmora, checking her drink for any additives. She watched the flame in the fireplace burn, her orange-gold eyes matching the hot, smoldering flames color. She felt so close to it, like she could reach out and grasp it, something deep coursed within her veins. Something buried. She stood frozen, hypnotized by the flickering flames, she clutched the bottle of hard, but cheap ale in her fingers tightly.

A rough hand that suddenly placed its hand on her tiny waist startled her out of her thoughts sharply, she jumped at the sound of a mans gruff voice, "Well, well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes? I've always got time for lovely ladies," the man slurred, a finger playing with one long strand of her long light ginger locks.

Azalea whipped around sharply, shattering the glass bottle over the drunken men's head. He crumpled to the floor in an unconscious heap. The patrons of the head instantly turned their heads away. "Excuse you," Azalea said in an irritated fashion, smirking smugly at the unconcious man as she stepped over him, sighting Mortis and Atmora.

"Mortis! Buddy!" Azalea threw out her arms as if thrilled at seeing him, when everyone knew it was the opposite. In Azalea's mind, Mortis always brought the most sour and painful adventures. She always expressed her opinions. "How ya been? I'm sure you have more positive news for us," she said cheerfully with obvious sarcasm. "Like always." She said flatly in a sarcastic bored voice with an amused smirk, before she walked over and looking over Atmora's shoulder.

Azalea paled at the illustrated drawing of two, gleaming swords. Illustrated to be rather old looking, but one of the sword was large, made of an unfamiliar look of a red-gold material with a hilt decorated with diamonds, rubies and emeralds. The other sword was darker, the hilt was jet black with silver vine-like designs and the sword crawled with spiders, the blade jagged and gleaming silver. Sure, on the outside it looked as if they could fetch a very valuable price, but not the biggest. Especislly in the range of Red Scarlet eyes. But it was the power inside them that was much more powerful then anything they'd ever seen.

"Oh. You mean..that." Azalea said, blinking. Her face was grim and shocked at the same time.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Inheritance Inheritance

Last edited:
Atmora Etter

Mortis shifted his muzzle into a slight frown as Azalea greeted him with a mock cheeriness yet didn't bother commenting as he returned his focus to the book, pointing a claw at the large, unrecognizable gem embedded within the center of the cross guard. "You were almost correct, Atmora." He continued. "But not quite... the sword is named Kirous and is said to have quite the power due to the jewel it's smith laid within it." The woman felt a slight excitement rising about, but also a slight bit of worry. "What does it do?" She asked, not removing her eyes from the sketch. The rat shrugged. "No one is for sure. Some say it grants wishes, others claim it holds they key to life as we know it. Gah, all ass shite I tell you." Finally removing her eyes from the parchment, she frowned slightly. "How so?" "It's simple." He explained, pushing his glasses up once more. "The smith, from what I've found, was cursed. And the only way to rid of the curse, was to forge the blade and trap it within the precious stone, which turned it is unnatural color." An odd seriousness was now wholly present within his tone. "If I were you Atmora, do not go within one hundred miles of that accursed blade. I'm sure there was a good reason for him to pour his life into the weapon and I'd hate to see you end up like me." The rat was referring to how he had once been human centuries ago.

But... what was the fun in not trying?

"Do you know its location?" Atmora asked, disregarding the warning. The man looked as if he were to protest but was silenced as a small coin purse hit the table. "You know I care about you like your father did." He mumbled, quickly snatching the gold with a pawn before gesturing, the woman promptly producing a map. With slight hesitation, he took a piece of charcoal and make a mark just a day's sail from their current location. It appearing to be out in the middle of the ocean. "There... as far as I have been able to tell the smithy where it was created sank many years ago." Nodding in thanks she examined the map, a smile once again returning to her lips. "Azalea..." she spoke after a moment. "Gather the crew. I want to make haste and arrive by midday."

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Coda smirked lightly as Kvothe continued to fumble with his words, placing a light hand on his forearm as he did so. "Yes, it's Coda. No 'Miss' or 'Missus' necessary, but the thought is appreciated.", she hummed with a chuckle, crossing her arms over her chest as he continued to make "expert" conversation. As his words dissolved fully into stammering, she placed a light hand on his arm; some warmth emanating from her touch. "Hey, how about we go grab a drink and talk, yeah? I'll tell you all about my adventures with alcohol, seeing as you're so interested." Flashing him a bright smile, she motioned questioningly over towards the bar. As she did so, her eyes began to trace Kvothe's body in interest.

Immediately her eyes were drawn to a torn, yet identifiable Navy insignia imprinted on his jacket. This meant the rumors were true, he truly had been involved with the Navy. Almost as if on cue, Azalea hissed out an angered response to his previous joke; Coda flinching as she stalked away powerfully. She said nothing, only looking back to her crewmate with a questioning gaze. Deciding to ignore the statement altogether, she went back to looking over the human standing in front of her. She had been in his company for so long, yet knew little to nothing about him. Coda did however spend most of her time huddled up in the crow's nest, so she honestly wasn't surprised. She lacked a strong relationship with really any of the other crew members, no thanks to both that and a more negative stigma surrounding her "species".
Ugh...I hate to call it that.

She suddenly found herself thinking back to Kvothe's question about how she mixed with alcohol, and as fair as his curiosity was it made her feel uneasy. Ifrits, or moreover fire elementals, weren't a common crewmember. Not only is fire very dangerous on a ship, she was easily susceptible to their overall surroundings; water. She couldn't expect anyone to understand her choice of profession, but in her defense she couldn't understand Captain Atmora's allowance of her in the crew either. Who knows, though. His genuine curiousity, his kind tone, maybe this crewmate of hers would be accepting too.

Breaking the small trance she had been in, only to realize she had zoned in on Kvothe's chest as she did so, the smaller woman flinched; her hands retracting to run through her hair as she gestured once more towards the bar.
Kvothe wasn't the only "smooth talker" here, she had her own hurdles to jump.

Kvothe Equinox
Lolly Pop Guild? That's the best she could come up with? He fought down the urge to start a banter. What fun it would be, but he could get in trouble...not too much, but still more then he wanted. Still, he needed a parting shot.

"Wasn't talkin to you love, you seem to mistake yourself for the Cap'n?" He called back, loud enough for most people to hear but certainly not as loud as the first time.

He turned back to Coda. "Aye, to the bar we go!" As they went to the bar, he pulled out a knife and slit the tall man's satchel, and snagged out a few silver bits faster than a snake bite. With the weight of money in his hands, he slid over to the bar. "On me Mi- Coda." Still doing it? Kvothe had sweet talked people in the Royal Navy before that wanted him hanged, what the hell was he doing?

"So in all fairness" his old charisma slowly returning to him, "I have asked you about your fire, you can ask me anything you'd like about me. Though I will admit us humans are rather boring, and only gifted with the most useless talents." He slid some silver across the bar. "Order whatever you'd like. A Sounten for me would ya?"

Anyone would know, if they looked closely or knew much about drinks, that a Sounten was nothing more then Water. People who didn't like drinking or were too poor to actually buy something (and had too much pride to admit either of these things) would order this. Kvothe personally didn't like drinking too much. He liked games, and he enjoyed a little buzz every now and then, but in this case, when he was already fumbling more then he had ever in his life, he figured that a buzz would be the worst thing in the world right now.

"Anythin you want?"

spooksspook spooksspook Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Seeing as how James wasn't going to be replying to her anytime soon, Cascadia disappeared into a corner of the tavern, far away from the prying eyes of it's patrons. She watched the rest of the crew mingle with others, her eyes crinkling in thinly veiled amusement at some of their interactions, a result of her broadening smile. She contented herself in observing the people in the bar until something else caught her eye: a giant house spider crawling up the hem of her coat. Most people would be horrified at seeing such a large arachnid on their clothing.

Cascadia, however, was not most people.

Humming softly, Cascadia allowed the spider to creep up to her arm, before it eventually rested on top of the palm of her hand. Grinning down at the arthropod, she whispered, "What are you doing out here, little guy?", to which the spider replied in a series of hisses and buzzes that only she could clearly understand. His apparent response elicited a short bark of laughter from out of the carpenter, startling the people near her because of the rough, scratchy sound.

Last edited:
Following Kvothe through the crowds of drunken pirates, some of them no doubt their crew mates, Coda slid into a seat at the bar. Propping her feet up on another chair as her crew member joined her, she noted the small handful of silver with a knowing grin.

Propping herself up on the bar, her mind began to wander into curiosities she had concerning Kvothe, seeing as now would be the time to clear some things up. Immediately the Navy came back into question, but she quickly dismissed the idea in favor of something less prying. "Useless talents, huh? Then enlighten me on some, would you?", she hummed gently, amber eyes training in on her human companion. She didn't seem to notice the choice of drink Kvothe chose, turning towards the bartender and requesting an Absinthe.

She was quickly slid the drink, picking it up off the bar and taking a sip almost immediately. The high proof of the liquor caused a deep warmth to rise within her stomach, and she smiled brightly as she felt a surge of energy. Setting the drink back down at the bar, she turned back to Kvothe; fiddling with her hair as she awaited his response.

(Sorry for not responding and IRL event made me busy for a few days)

James not really liking the alcohol or cooking here due to him being the ships cook instead just took an empty seat and played around with a small ball of fire makeing sure to keep it contained.

While she was chatting with the spider she had just befriended, Cascadia's many eyes caught sight of James sitting at an empty table not too far from where she was. She also took note of the fact that he was playing with fire. Literally. With her lips spread into an amiable smile, she sauntered her way over to him, cautiously carrying the arthropod in her callused hands, so as to not hurt him.

"James!" Cascadia cheerfully greeted the aforementioned man, taking a seat at his table. "Look, I made a new friend!" She exclaimed, holding up the arachnid.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

James chuckles and looks up at cascadia. He sees her with the house spider and simply takes it in stride as most of the crewmen of the ship are unique in one way or the other.

Curious about the fact that his crew member could understand the spider. He himself understood what his dragon could say.
"Well cascadia what has your little friend told you?"

"He said that he was hoping to find a mate of his own soon and start a colony in the near future." Cascadia eagerly dove into the tale, making all sorts of odd hand gestures to move the story along. "It was such an innocent request that I couldn't help but laugh." At this, the spider in her hands made angry little hissing noises, causing her to smile sheepishly. "Don't worry, I was just teasing you." She reassured the arachnid, successfully pacifying his small tantrum.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Kvothe Equinox
"Enlighten you? Hm well let's see..." He first considered simply pick pocketing someone, or slapping some girl's ass and talk his way out of it, but figured that probably wasn't the best first impression to make here. Perhaps some magic? To an Efreet [sorry I am used to that kinda spelling]? That would be nothing, her magic had to outclass his a hundred times over...Hmm...

He glanced around, using his very keen eye (naturally keen, and also way better to look for some way he could stir something up... He saw many people in here, some glancing at women, some hitting on them, and some pouting because they had already struck out. He made a silent vow to not be over there. Then, he saw couples. Jackpot. He looked them up and down, and in no time at all found a young lady with a man's arm around her. She was playing the part quite well, except for the fact she kept locking eye's with the Man's friend, and making eyes like she was getting laid for the first time. There it was.

"Excuse me for a moment, I'll not be long." He stood up, and stalked over to the group. He called over the man, whispered in his ear for a long while, holding back a smile as the man kept glancing furiously over at "his" girl. Kvothe then slapped him on the back and quickly trotted back to Coda.

"There are some skills that us Mortals have." He pointed to the group. The man started in hushed tones, then got louder, and louder, until the three were screaming at each other, loud enough to turn heads everywhere. "And the final touch..." He muttered a bit, then waved his hand forward with a fast and powerful motion. A gust of wind knocked the guy forward into the second, and that was all that was needed to start a fight.

They started swinging at each other, while the girl tried desperately to get them apart. Eventually, they were thrown out of the tavern, and their yells could be heard even as they marched down the street. "See? Useless."

He hoped his magic wasn't too bad, he assumed he would get some critiques. Even so, her smile as she drank did not elude him, and it gave him the push he needed to say "No explosion? Hm my teacher was wrong." He regretted it instantly. "Not that...uh..." he drank his "drink" quickly, almost choking on it.

spooksspook spooksspook

James laughs and looks down on the little spider. "Wow even spiders have love issues don't they. Has he tried the forest yet there a tons of spiders there?"

"He said that there was too much competition back in the forest." Cascadia relayed the spiders words, setting him down on the table between them. "Not to mention that the females there were picky about who they mate with." She grinned, her fang-like teeth glistening under the candlelight of the tavern.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Coda sat back with a smirk as Kvothe slid over to the group of couples; watching carefully as he talked with a specific man. Slightly confused as to what he saw in this group of people, she waited patiently as he trotted back towards the bar. She followed Kvothe's hand as he pointed towards the group once more, and began to chuckle excitedly as as they began to scream at each other. The Efreet found herself even more interested by his use of wind magic; the outcome of the slight nudge making her ever more happy. Laughing to herself as the fight escalated indefinitely, Coda turned back to the Master Pilot .

"Hehe- nice one, Kvothe.", she said with a smile, her gaze growing more interested as she then added, "Also, was that some sort of wind magic? Did you teach yourself..?" Coda was always impressed by the large range of talents humans were able to learn, seeing as she never had the chance to 'branch out' as it were. It was all fire magic for her, then some more fire, and maybe something to do with magma if she was having a good day.

As she went to take another sip of her drink, her eyes flickered up at Kvothe's statement. Chortling to herself, she set the drink back down on the bar and shrugged. "Well, this 'teacher' of yours isn't wrong. If I wasn't funneling energy towards keeping this form stable, you'd get something closer to that explosion you mentioned." She raised a brow as he then began to splutter while taking a drink of his own beverage, taking another sip of her Absinthe. Allowing a slight bit of the energy produced through the reaction to escape through her fingertips, a small pop of flame rising from her palm.

To show off a bit of her own magic, she nudged Kvothe towards a younger girl sitting at the bar behind them. She seemed bothered by one of the bartenders, who was now leaning provocatively over the bar as hissing something into her ear. The woman swatted him away continuously, only to have him lean in closer; the girl trying in vain to push him away. Coda raised her brow, noting how the bartender leaned over a few stray drinks on the bar. Snapping her fingers, the beverages suddenly produced a large blue flame. The bartender squealed in anger, batting at his chest as the fire singed his clothes. The Efreet smirked as he darted off back into the tavern to recover, leaning back in her chair and turning to Kvothe with another shrug.

"Whoops."

Kvothe Equinox
Just as he started to get a hold of himself, she performed a rather amazing feat which sent him laughing once again. After he regained composure, he took another sip of his "drink". Aye well my old teacher used to teach me all sorts of magic craft, but I didn't have too long an education. He started trying to teach me the magic basics, but I never learned anything from him. I burned his robes because he called me an insabordinate little brat who would never amount to anything. I returned that he was a moronic shithead who missed his calling as the Duke's mistress. I guess we were both right. " Another sip. "I learned to call the Wind like that while I was in the navy. Someone broke my....uh...made me mad, and I just...I actually can hardly describe it, I just had some sort of rage that allowed me to call it. I did it several more times until I could do it by myself. All other magic I learned was by myself really."

He began to hear himself talk, and realized he should probably shut up. He also almost let lose the little fact he played the Lute and cared for it so much. "But I have nowhere near the power you do! I'd imagine anything I could do is trivial to you-I mean you are pumping energy into holding a form and were able to casually do that."

He was nearing the end of his mug, and mentally kicked himself for drinking it too fast. The act. All about the act here. What would anyone on this crew think if they knew he ordered water almost every time there were here?

"Where do you come from though, if it isn't too much to ask? I was able to have a teacher because of my upbringing. I'd imagine you have natural talents?"

spooksspook spooksspook

James laughs and looks at the spider. "Trust me no matter what species one is there is always to much competition for mates and the females are always to picky"
He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a wraped package that when unfolded revealed a few smaller sections of seasoned monster meat with cheese and some bread. He takes a bit out and puts some meat and cheese on a slice of bread, suddenly his hand ignites heating the food in his hand. He then gestures to cascadia and the spider with the sandwich. "Either of you guys want a piece, its sea serpent and cheese. Highly nutritious and tastey."
Ineptitude Ineptitude

Cascadia stared at the offered sandwich unblinkingly, before shaking her head in a resigned manner, a sheepish smile upon her lips. "Sorry, but we have to decline. We can't exactly stomach that after all." She apologized sincerely on both her and the spider's behalfs, as the two of them were carnivorous beings.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back