• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Pinpointing a Topic: Fantasy or Dice?

official clown business

Okay so our name is Piss and we are the Mafioso
I'm new here and I'm trying to figure out where the roleplay I'm thinking of creating would specifically work best in.

I'm thinking of making a fantasy RP with magic, treasure, classes, races, and all that stuff - potentially even a little music as well! It's going to be set in a particular region that has a wild western feel, based off something I've watched. Nothing too crazy or incredibly unique; it's going to be basic in the way it works, and I don't expect it to be the best thing ever, being the first one I make and all.

It's also going to be fairly heavy in RNG, with things like random attributes for your character, the potential of frequently occuring random spells/treasures and all that fancy stuff. And, of course, the outcome of most of your actions will be based off the roll of a twenty-sided die. There's no modifiers or anything, mostly for the reason that it feels like that stuff will be absolutely awful to keep track of, and also because I like the idea of your character's skill and the outcome of the battle being determined largely by how well you roll. With that in mind, is there like a dice or randomizer system in RPN that I can use for threads?

In addition, there is plenty of combat in the RP, and with that comes the possibility of death, which, depending on the circumstances, may eliminate your ability to participate in the rest of the RP.

That's pretty much a super short outline of what I'm planning on going for, though I'm not sure when I'm ever going to feel like typing it out.

So that's two categories I could potentially throw this in: Fantasy or Dice. I am heavily leaning towards Fantasy, because I'll most likely try to focus on the lore and fantasy aspects - roleplay over gameplay, as I'm sure no one has probably said, though I feel like people are going to go "it has dice, so it must go into Dice." Considering the lack of a stat-based nature that a typical dicer would have, though, it's probably going to be fantasy.

That's really it, so I leave it to the most experienced here to help me out with the question I'm ultimately going to ask: will I definitely be able to put this in the Fantasy? Or am I forced to put it in Dice for the simple reason that it has dice?

oh jeez, I just noticed "Roleplay Discussion & Advice" was a thing, and now I can't delete (new suggestion by the way, so now it works here) or move this. crap

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put it in Dice too.  Don't put the RP in both places, that could get confusing really quickly. ^;3^   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back