Literature Percy Jackson series? Anyone?

LaCroix

Am I really the only one who's hooked to the PJO series? I mean, there's got to be some of my brethren here, somewhere! No, I'm not talking about the movie - I'm talking about the books! C'mon, guys! c':

Yeah, I totally just want some friends here. /forever alone

Yes! Finally Somebody else who read them!!! I've read the whole series and seen the movie. Gosh I Hate it! It wasn't anything like the book, They forgot Thalia & The battle with Ares! I am so in!

I love the first series xD When they switched to roman i kinda got unhooked though >< but loved the first book of the second series xD (After all it was pretty much greek)

Did not like the movie >< it just squished everything together..badly.

I read until the The Battle of the Labyrinth and only read about half of that book. But I like the series so far.

Personally I love the books, alllll of them. The movies sucked, I'm not trying to be mean, but they sucked. When they changed Percy's age I was just like, no. Just so much no. I don't mean to offend those who've watched the movie and liked it. If you haven't read the books, read them. You will not be sorry!

Does anyone love Frank, I love Frank. He's my favorite character! XP He's my favorite from Heroes of Olympus I mean. Otherwise, I love Nico. XP Oh Leo too, he's awesome.

I really hate Piper with a burning passion, though. Hahahahahahaha......heh.

I've read the original series when I was younger, and really liked it. I've started the new series as it came out and I have to say they seemed way cheesier and childish and I imagined. I'm pretty sure that I think better about the original series because of the age I had when I read them, which was probably the age group they were directed at (plus they were the books that got me into reading, so that's brownie points). I probably should read them again to get the same perspective about them as I do about the new series.

I agree with @LuckyMisfortune- the whole piper thing. Yeah.

I've read the whole series too, and I couldn't agree with you more @augmentedspartan. I was surprised at just how much Rick Riordan focuses on who is dating who, etc. It is one of the reasons I don't like the second series quite as much. Perhaps he thought that the majority of his readers would want the dating/relationship aspect as it is definitely a book seller, but I can't help think it was clumsily done.

XP I don't know why, she's just so hate-able for me.

Even if I do love The Heroes of Olympus, I do have to agree. At times, I was like "RELATIONSHIPS! Oh my glob, stop it. Who's Leo, going to have?" They are cute, I'll admit, but that's a big part Mr. Riordan only really elaborates on. I still love the books, though.

I'm not ashamed to say that I love the movies and just bought the first one yesterday

BrokenStrings said:
I've read the whole series too, and I couldn't agree with you more @augmentedspartan. I was surprised at just how much Rick Riordan focuses on who is dating who, etc. It is one of the reasons I don't like the second series quite as much. Perhaps he thought that the majority of his readers would want the dating/relationship aspect as it is definitely a book seller, but I can't help think it was clumsily done.
Oh yeah, there was way too much of that. While I don't really like romance, I don't mind if it doesn't flood the story. While in the original series had romance, it was a tertiary thing and it wasn't forced. It actually only counted after the fourth book. Meanwhile, the new series is 50% romance (which is mostly the character thinking/saying how much they love their partner), and gets really annoying after a while.

augmentedspartan said:
Oh yeah, there was way too much of that. While I don't really like romance, I don't mind if it doesn't flood the story. While in the original series had romance, it was a tertiary thing and it wasn't forced. It actually only counted after the fourth book. Meanwhile, the new series is 50% romance (which is mostly the character thinking/saying how much they love their partner), and gets really annoying after a while.
Yes... but mostly I just wanted to let you know that you have officially won it all with the use of the word tertiary. No one uses good words anymore, myself included.

I have read all of the books except for blood of Olympus. In my opinion, the movies sucked compared to the book. I mean they were good but there were lots of things that didn't line up and that I didn't like. Any thoughts?

The books are just...jahdhkfndjd! I love them so much!

I really did not like the films; for me they just ignored most of the books and ruined it.

The Lightning Thief was what got me into reading novels actually. I certainly love Rick Riordans works, especially The House of Hades and The Kane Chronicles. Waiting for Magnus Chase now... ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back