Story Pen & Pad [Short Story - Part 6 {Final}]

WildPeach

WildPeach
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Disclaimer:
I wrote this for another platform a while back. My writing was rusty back then. I like to believe I'm better now lol.

This is obviously a fictional short story and written by someone who has never been to Paris.
It is set in a time/world where same sex relationships are frowned on. However, it's still set in a somewhat more โ€œmodernโ€ time.

๐—ก๐—ผ ๐—ข๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—›๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ฃ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ง๐—ผ ๐—จ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—™๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—”๐—ป๐˜†๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด.

Title:
Pen & Pad
Part 6 Final
โ—โ— โ…ก โ–ทโ–ท

"Mom... Momma... Momma!"

The woman jumped at the feeling of little hands gripping her arm. She blinked a few times realizing only now that the sun was gone and the Paris lights had replaced it. Her gaze slowly shifted to the child next to her with a look of confusion.

"Daddy's home!" The little girl announced with excitement.

"Honey?" The man's voice could be heard from inside. He made his way to the balcony with a smile, "I thought I might find you out here. Any luck on your writing today?"

The authoress gave a weak smile and slowly shook her head no as she turned her gaze from her family to the notepad. She was taken by surprise when she saw words that covered the page.

The man nodded gently, "Keep working at it love. I'll get dinner started." He gave her an encouraging smile before shifting his gaze from his wife to his daughter, "Come help me cook." With that, he slipped back inside with their daughter.

The woman nodded to his words but said nothing. When she heard the door close she slowly ripped the page from the notebook and folded it up before standing. Slowly she walked to the railing of the balcony and lifted the paper airplane she'd made, letting a light breeze snatch it from her fingertips. The writing floated away with the wind and her blue eyes watched it till she couldn't see it anymore. The authoress looked back down to the once busy streets that were silent and empty now then she turned and made her way back inside. Her attention was immediately drawn to an innocent photo on the shelf and a heavy breath flowed from her lungs. It was of two women sharing a toast. Both wore beaming smiles... And bright eyes to match. A key sat on the shelf in front of the picture frame with a small butterfly engraved on the top.

"Missing her?.... I can't believe the plane went down like that..." Her husband walked up behind her and gently gripped her shoulders to comfort her, "Have you thought of writing about your friendship with her?"

She couldn't stop the scoff that escaped past her lips as she shook her head no, "It would be a boring story... What would I call it? Pen and Pad?"

"Actually yes. That would be a good title." He gave a soft chuckle before cautiously asking his next question, "How long has it been?" He slowly reached out and grabbed the dusty key.

"Ten years.." She gently took the key from him and placed it back in its spot.

He looked at her curiously, "Are you ever going to tell me what that key is too?"

"A lock." The woman smiled secretively to herself.

"But a lock to what?" He sounded like their curious daughter now. After a long pause with no response, the man gently turned his wife to face him, "Penelope?" He asked softly with even more curiosity in his eyes.

The only response Penelope gave him was a gentle brush of her nose against his before she made her way towards the kitchen,

"๐™‰๐™ค ๐™‚๐™ค๐™ค๐™™๐™—๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ..."

The end.

โ—โ— โ…ก โ–ทโ–ท

Users who are viewing this thread

Back