• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ♛ Peace ✧ Keepers ♛ {𝑜𝑜𝒸}

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
giphy.gif

(An actual representation of me popping up after a deep sleep lolol)

Hey hey ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch I need a lil bit of help with empaths bc I’m planning on making one

So. Fae links, right? When they give up their fae links, is there a magical component to this or do they just try their best to keep their emotions in check? If magical, their emotions are just zilch? Gone to the wind? No chance of returning?

So like the path of the empath is a philosophy sort like Confucianism ya feel

And what religion(s) do the majority of the ombar dominion follow?

Also hear me out. Snake eyes and forked tongue. Go or no go?

And may I ask how involved the thieves guild are in the govt or is it to our discretion?

Idk if my questions are dumdum rn but gah I hope I’m making sense
Maybe it's because I just woke up, but could you go into more detail about the fae link part? The only ones who have given anything Fae up were the Ancients themselves and they just gifted their loyal followers with their affinities to magic (but depending on which Fae you follow, you lean more easily to a certain type). So the link to the Fae is carried throughout the bloodline and is part of your "animal-esque" heritage. Giving up your fae link would be like chopping off your animal parts and dissecting it from the DNA as well, which is pretty impossible. lol (I could have read this all completely wrong, so please feel free to let me know)

Religions are actually something that I need to add to the lore, but most of Sodariel worships the Ancients since they're the ones who essentially made and nurtured it from the beginning. (Though there are those that worship the beings that created even them and there are those that worship ideals, Sodariel's natural world, or magic itself.) For the moment, though, feel free to choose your own. I'll update that once I can.

Snake Eyes and forked tongue is definitely cool. Go ahead.

The Thieves Guild is actually pretty heavily involved with the government, seeing as the Viscount himself is in charge of it (but he and all of the Guild will outright deny it to anyone outside of the Guild). However, if you would like to change that and have it to where they pull the strings from behind the scenes or they're just involved with the economy but not the ruling of the Republic, we can do that too. Just make me a case why story wise, you feel it would fit better.

Merry holidays, y'all. Hope you get plenty of thoughtful gifts or like, idk, just money.

Will Lore be completed before characters begin to get accepted? Or will they be made after characters are accepted, in accordance to the backstories of the characters?

Merry holidays, y'all. Hope you get plenty of thoughtful gifts or like, idk, just money.

Will Lore be completed before characters begin to get accepted? Or will they be made after characters are accepted, in accordance to the backstories of the characters?
A little bit of both since I can tweak stuff based on accepted characters, but most of the Lore will be put in place before acceptances (which will start happening after Christmas)

Aaand finally finished with my char's backstory. That ended up longer than I expected. :p

Also tweaked a few other things in the form, like his name for example. Feel free to take a look (I'm done now). ^^
ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch

Howdy! Can someone help me orient myself in this Rp!? Where should I start!?
Henlo!
I would recommend reading all of the sections in the top post of each major thread (main, lore, and characters). Then, once you have a feel for the world, you can start drafting a character application from the necessary details in the character page's top post.
Below that post, you'll see applications people are working on (or are finished but haven't been approved of yet). I don't do first come, first serve so feel free to apply for any roles, minus the eldest Nidae sibling and the Usagian Princess.

back at y'all! happy holidays and hope you're all doing good and havin a grand ol time <3

okay ive smoothened out my thoughts.

1. it stated in the lore that empaths must agree to give up their fae links in order to lower the risk of their own link becoming tangled in their manipulation. i wanted to ask if them giving it up involved a magical ritual that would strip away their emotions or something or if it was just a promise to keep their emotions all regulated and tucked away all nicely.

2. I would also like to ask if agreeing to give up one's fae links is the last stage in training as an empath. if possible, i'd like to avoid her going cold by not having her finish the training or something

3. if the giving up of the fae links thing involves an actual ritual, what does the ritual entail, and how exactly would that affect someone? aside from their emotions going all blunted affect

4. When you say their links getting tangled up, I assume that when we use our abilities, there's a chance that we'd be affected by it too. Like if I, say, intensify the sadness someone's feeling, I'm gonna get feedback on that and feel all sad too. am i right?

Last edited:
ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch i read up on the empaths and it said that most gotta agree to give up their fae links to not risk tangling their own links with the manipulation (on that note, by that do you mean that like to avoid being affected by the influences theyr exerting example i make someone sad and now im feelin sad bc my link got hella tangled too idk if im making sense) so i was wondering if the fae link thingy was a metaphor or there really was some magic mumbo jumbo to doin that
OMG... I knew I shouldn't have said anything while I was still half asleep. lolol (I totally forgot I had already included Empaths in the Lore and I was confused as to how you read up on them already when I wasn't 100% on them myself. Herpderp)
I need to reword it again because I posted it before it was done done.
But essentially, they cut off their emotional paths so that they don't move others' emotions onto their own or vice versa. They can move the emotion from other people to others or they can change someone's energy towards a mood (say angry for example and redirect it onto the sadness path). It's kinda like Mental Energy bending (Avatar reference).
But most no longer can feel emotion. They can remember what emotion felt like and can replicate signs of emotions since they see it from others, but they cannot feel it themselves.
(There is a magical component, but it usually takes a team of Empaths to sever emotional paths. One person can't do it alone because of the many paths and the amount of effort involved.)
There are some that worship it illegally or on their own and may not cut off their emotional paths, but that means they go through a lot of issues since paths easily cross when manipulating the emotional energy. So they could end up getting a lot more than they bargained for.

As for having the paths reform or return to the user, it's possible. But it would take a very, very long time or some form of spiritual healing (which hasn't been discovered yet and only the Ancients seem to do) before the user can start to feel again. Sorry it's so complicated. lolol

HAHSHADJKAHSD THANKS THIS IS ENLIGHTENING

lmao i feel ya. i too was half asleep when i wrote my inquiry so dw bout it we're in the same boat

anyway, im into that, and i guess imma go the illegal route hsaha

i assume that many dont hold the empaths in high regard bc of their emotion control abilities so imma make her keep it a secret ^^

When it comes to the casting of magic, is there a clear sign that there's something afoot? Do people speak out incantations, make magical gestures, or create circles of light prior to actually activating their magical effects? Or is it all super subtle, with no telegraph beforehand indicating that someone's spellcasting?

HAHSHADJKAHSD THANKS THIS IS ENLIGHTENING

lmao i feel ya. i too was half asleep when i wrote my inquiry so dw bout it we're in the same boat

anyway, im into that, and i guess imma go the illegal route hsaha

i assume that many dont hold the empaths in high regard bc of their emotion control abilities so imma make her keep it a secret ^^
Yeah... that's partially why they're in temples. They used to be sequestered long ago.

When it comes to the casting of magic, is there a clear sign that there's something afoot? Do people speak out incantations, make magical gestures, or create circles of light prior to actually activating their magical effects? Or is it all super subtle, with no telegraph beforehand indicating that someone's spellcasting?
It really depends on the type of magic, when it comes to casting it. Empaths would be more mental and unless the user themselves have physical signs, like squinting to see the paths better, then it could be non detectable. Summoning would be obvious because you'd have to call on your contract and reach across the planes of existence. Elemental magic will be manipulating the elements around you, so there would be a physical component (again, think Avatar lolol).
I aim to add these discrepancies to the magics once I finish building up each kingdom's relations (done), histories, and economies.
Feel free to ask me for a specific one and I'll let you know.

Mm, basically I'd like to confirm if there's physical tells BEFORE any of the magic happens. Like, would a Fire Elemental Magic dude have to clap his hands twice and then speak an eloquent fire-related haiku before the fireplace turns into a fiery flying sword? Or would that just like, happen immediately once he wills it? Using an example like Avatar, there aren't any physical tells before the magic, because when they move, what elements they manipulate move simultaneously, so is that the case in Peacekeepers too?

Mm, basically I'd like to confirm if there's physical tells BEFORE any of the magic happens. Like, would a Fire Elemental Magic dude have to clap his hands twice and then speak an eloquent fire-related haiku before the fireplace turns into a fiery flying sword? Or would that just like, happen immediately once he wills it? Using an example like Avatar, there aren't any physical tells before the magic, because when they move, what elements they manipulate move simultaneously, so is that the case in Peacekeepers too?
Same would be for the Peace Keepers when it comes to full on manipulation of elements. And much like once fire has ignited something, like say the sword you mentioned was coated in oil beforehand and the Fire Mage casts fire on it, the fire will stay.
Seeing as Elements are tapping into the Natural World of Sodariel, it would require more than just thought since the magic of the world is weakening with each generation. It used to be like Full Metal Alchemist's Mustang snap, but now, it requires more from the user. It's something the Vulpes are actually studying since they want to go back to the original way of doing things. (More efficient)

Some types of magic do require some physical and/or verbal things beforehand but I'll post up which ones do that. (Might actually push that to the forefront rather than the economies. [The economies are boring me a little. lolol])

OH! Everyone!
If there are places in the village and in the castle you'd like to add, like stores, rooms, etc. let me know. I'm down for more suggestions.

Alright. Do people capable of using magic have the ability to sense magic too? Such as being able to tell if that chair is a normal chair or a magical chair, when physically, the magical chair just looks like a normal chair?

Alright. Do people capable of using magic have the ability to sense magic too? Such as being able to tell if that chair is a normal chair or a magical chair, when physically, the magical chair just looks like a normal chair?
That will depend on the said magic, the type of person they are (observant or not), and how trained they are in magic. If someone went to the Mage's College since they were able to (age 14) and they're 22 come Tournament time, they will definitely feel some kind of magical disturbance. But if they're self taught and still getting a grip on their magic, they may overlook it. Or if they cast the spell and they're not too good at it yet, others would be able to sense it since the magic isn't stable. You feel me?

Eyup, more or less get that. I'm guessing they'll have to make a Wisdom roll for that too?

Don't worry. I'm also going to add that to the types of magic and even physical signs, if there are any.
Battle wise, it'll be a roll. But outside of battle, if the players can't talk it out or come to a conclusion on their own, then I'll ask for a wisdom roll. Just to keep things civil and moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back