• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Paws & Claws Rescue

Catharsis

Too Far Gone

Paws & Claws Animal Rescue
4103884-thumb-300xauto-3583654.png
5dbd673d784b63bb42e9fe8e15abe514-d641xd8.jpg
Introduction
Welcome to Paws & Claws Animal Rescue!
Here at P&C, we tend to and care for all the homeless pets of Harmony Rhode Island. From the moment an animal walks through our lobby until the very moment it leaves, it is guarenteed to be loved every second of the day by our wonderful staff members and volunteers.

Our mission is to rehome every animal in our care into a safe, loving enviorment where it will spend the remaining of its life happy and healthy. All adoptees must undergo a short background check and waiting period to ensure that a pet is right for them, plus pay a very small adoption fee, which takes care of all veterinary needs for your future family member. We are open 12 hours, and on call 24 hours a day.

Please come visit us soon!

Posting Information

Posting is now open.
It is May 24th, first day of Summer for students. Your post should take place in the early morning.

In Character- https://www.rpnation.com/threads/paws-claws-rescue.317297/
OOCC- https://www.rpnation.com/threads/paws-claws-rescue-oocc.317298/
Characters- https://www.rpnation.com/threads/paws-claws-rescue-characters.317301/

Last edited:
Jane O'ella Marek

Jane's alarm sounded at 7:30, same time it always had since she began work at Paws & Claws. She laid there, silently scrolling through her phone until she heard the paws pattering on her wooden bedroom floor. Before she knew it, both dogs and Kir were jumping on top of her, happily greeting her. "Good morning puppies, Kir." she mumbled, petting each of them quickly before sliding out from under them. She had a very busy day ahead of her at the shelter, and needed to get ready.

Jane showered quickly before throwing on some overalls and heading out the door. Skye slid out the doggy door behind her and followed her very closley. The shelter was placed convinently right across the street from Jane's home, so it was never much of a problem walking there and back every day. Once she reached the shelter, she dug teh keys out of her overalls and unlocked the door, opening up the shelter for another day of saving lives.​

Last edited:
Jay Wilders

Jay got up at 5.30 am - like always. For a moment the young man stared himself in the mirror, his rigth hand was hanging uncontrolled at his side and he needed a moment to move it correctly, like most times in the morning.

After getting his arm back to normal he showered, got dressed and ate a small breakfast, then he walked down to the little shed to get his bike.
It wasn't more than a fifteen minute ride to the office - and he enjoyed it every morning.
Just as he approached the shed, he heard a low sound coming from one of the rainpipes near the shed. Slowly he came closer, gently whispering something like "Hush now"

SEBASTIAN ASHCROFT
Clasping a phone to his ear, he shrugged on the hoodie, one-handedly, shoving a bunch of keys into his pocket whilst biting into a slice of slightly burnt toast. "-No, no, I said today I was at the shelter. If the editor wants my source, he can go do one. No - I'm not saying anything like that - I made it clear that today is my bloody day off. Yes, I know - For god's sake shut up, I know. The story'll be on his desk Monday ... Yes, it is a big scoop. Mayor, affairs, unlike some I didn't hack a phone ... Who cares where I got it from? Look, Jesus Christ, I'm going to be late - Shhhhtttt - Stop. I'm hanging up - going - bye." Seb hurriedly put down the phone after smacking the button and shoving it into his jeans.

His exercise regime had put him behind due to waking up late, after staying up and falling asleep during some of his work. He'd woken up with a dead laptop and half-charged mobile which was just dandy. Oh, he could've hit himself. Nonetheless, he squeezed it in, and practically sprinted home to shower. Hair evidently still damp as he continued to rush across the street and down the road, a leather satchel over one shoulder and dog lead in the other. Tchaivosky following at a slightly faster pace, after realising this wasn't just a walk.

Chai, was often used to rehabilitate other dogs and of course, Sebastian felt that even a dog should have a social life. As they reached the shelter, he doubled over whilst heaving. Hands on his hips. Checking the time again, Ashcroft groaned. "We were early - early. You know what this is Chai? Unfair." He remarked, whilst the black labrador merely stared upwards with his tongue lolling and head tilted; earning a pat on the head.

Moving into the rescue centre he waved toward Jane, offering a tired but wide grin. "Hello, nice morning for a run." He joked, running a hand profusely through his hair. "Nothing like two sprints to wake you up in the morning."

Catharsis Catharsis

Landyn Ross

Landyn's alarm rang on his phone at 7 AM. It was a rough night due to both dogs sleeping on his mid section, and even worse once the alarm went off. They were startled by the suddenness of the blaring alarm. "Good morning" he groaned as he felt the weight lift off him but the nails dig in. He dismissed the alarm and grabbed his clothes and a towel. After taking a quick shower, he ate a small breakfast. His mother had just woken up. Turns out she had an dentist appointment in a few hours so she was just gonna call in sick. "Have fun bud" she told Landyn as he was out the door. He did a slow jog to the center. He seemed to arrive just after Sebastian. He pushed open the door to the center and put on a small grin."Morning" he said to the two.
Catharsis Catharsis idalie idalie

Anastasia Sokolov
Nothing quite like the sound of alarms and barking at six in the morning. Anastasia reached over, slamming her hand down on the alarm as she felt the bed suddenly sink in on her right. She didn't want to, but she couldn't help but smile slightly once she opened her eyes, taking in the sight of the excited white husky. "Morning Snow," she said sleepily, reaching over and calming the puppy easily. She felt Pascal stir next to her, a sign that he was already irritated by Snow's erratic behavior. "You'll be fine buddy. Besides, we get to to to the center today, so lighten up," she told him as she climbed out of bed once she made sure her alarm wasn't going to go off again.

Anastasia made her way downstairs to her back porch, beginning her usual yoga routine, Pascal next to her as per usual. Once she finished up, she walked into the kitchen to see Shadow lying next to her bowl patiently. "In a minute, love." After fixing herself a cup of green tea, she filled their bowls, deciding to grab a shower while they ate. Once she was out, she threw on a pair of denim shorts and black tank top, tying a blue and black flannel around her hips before sliding on her blue converse. Two low pigtails and a little bit of makeup later, she was ready...Almost.

Picking up her phone and making a quick call, she grabbed two leashes and her purse, heading downstairs. "Hi, this is Anastasia. I was just calling to confirm Miranda's appointment for five this evening...Okay sounds great! I just wanted to make sure...Yes ma'am, you have a good day." Hanging up, she slid her phone in her back pocket and hooked the leashes to Shadow and Snow's collars. It wouldn't be long before Shadow could come off hers, but Snow still had a while. Pascal had learned to stay next to her well enough that he rarely needed one anymore which was a load off her shoulders.

Once they were secured, she locked up and made the twenty minute walk to the center. Walking in, she offered a large smile as she approached the small group, Pascal instantly leaving her side to take his place next to Chai. "Howdy cat lady, Ashcroft. Landyn," she said, forcing herself not to cringe at her accent. It wasn't terrible, but she still hated it.
Catharsis Catharsis idalie idalie Raku Raku

Jay Wilders

As Jay approached the rainpipes he was irritated for a moment - the sound had died out. Gently he started tapping on the rainpipe in use, but there was no sign of anything stuck inside. He took a reliefed breath - at least he didn't have to call the firemen to get the animal free.

Still alarmed he checked the spare parts that lay chaotically next to the shed. After sorting out some empty pipes he finally noted some furball in one.
Gently the young man tried to reach into the pipe, but even though he could tuch the little animal, he couldn't get it loose.

"Heya, Fella!", he said lowly, "How'd you get stuck in there? Did'ya hide before last nights storm, didn't ya?" The small and plushy furball made another sound - but it was to dimmed to define, what exactly was in there. "Probably a kitten", he thought...

"Alright, let's get you out of there!", he added with a determined grin. Then he carefully picked up the pipe and carried it back to his appartement - his atelier to be more exact.
He was glad the pipes were of high quality and made of copper for it was easier to open them up. Carefully he marked the position of the furball, giving a few centimeters safety space. Then he grabbed his heated cutter and carefully shortened the ends of the rainpipe.

After he finished his eye could identifiy the furry thing better: it was a long haired kitten - probably a Norwegian Forest Cat or something alike - but definately no persian - with some silver tabby fur. He smiled softly.

"Easy now!", he whispered gently and hurried into the kitchen. "Now let's get you out of there!" He grabbed the oil bottle from the cupboard, held the pipe over his sink and carefully emptied it from behind into the pipe. Then he gently started pushing and pulling the little kitten very gently, until he finally held it in his hand. "Not more than a bundle of fur, dirt and bones, really", he thought.

"Well, I've never head a kitten, but I've always wanted one and I guess I can clean you up, keep you warm and organize you some cat-milk...", he said softly as he went to the bathroom. After bathing the little one he noted the oddly striped fur in the flanks. "Well, look at that, a natural variety!", he added grinning as he packed the little one into some towels.
"And now you're coming with me... I have to inform a shelter - but I'll try to keep you at home...", he promised as he gently carried the little kitten to his bike, dropping it carefully in his bike basket. "Note, I'll have to get a transportation basket... and a load of other things to keep him comfortable."

Jay reflected for a moment before he started the ride. He'd definately visit the pet store first. Carefully he carried the basket all along, noting the curious looks of the little one as he bought some kitten milk and a bottle to feed him.
After that he sat himsel on a bench and started feeding the small furball - and he was hungry.

SEBASTIAN ASHCROFT
Watching as others began to file into the centre he nodded, lifting a hand in acknowledgement. "Nice to see you up Landyn, morning to you too." He chuckled, whilst sniffing and wiping at his face. Shrugging off the fatigue of his work out. Stretching and rolling his shoulders, to avoid having them seize up later on in the day - which could possibly be the most annoying ache he dealt with from being what the doctor had called 'Too active'. Although that had its upsides and downsides.

Looking up to see Anastasia come in, the husky at her side taking his place near an excited Tchaivosky; who continued to bound unhindered in enthusiasm, Sebastian gave a light chuckle. "And you must be the Tsarina of Russian Royalty." He remarked, cocking his brow comedically. "You know I've been trying to think up nicknames from day one, and so far it's been Russian doll or something to do with the monarchy. Landyn, I've decided, is the dog whisperer." He made a display of jazz hands, motioning towards the younger man. "Indicating I should do more with my time, rather than give people titles." Ashcroft then nodded, leaning against the front desk.

He certainly lived up to his journalism with the eccentric creativity, and charming demeanour. If anything, he was friendly. A warm face to meet in the mornings, whether it be freezing or undeniably hot. "You know, I've been asked to remove so many arachnids from bathrooms, I think I could start a company of it." Sebastian remarked, rubbing at the bridge of his nose. "I might begin keeping a tally and asking for funds to achieve something from this abuse. Which reminds me, I wonder if I'm with the reptiles again today." Ashcroft grinned.
Catharsis Catharsis AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX Raku Raku

Makaio Stewart

Beep-beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep-beep. Beep--

Makaio had flopped over with a groan, his hand hitting the snooze button on the alarm. He then turned onto his back, staring up at the ceiling as he wiped his eyes and blinked them into focus.

It was the first day of summer. This time last year, he was preparing for a 14-hour flight back to Honolulu, but this year, his parents wanted him to start 'branching off' and being a little more independent. So, they set him up in a small apartment near campus and told him to spend half the summer in Rhode Island, and gave him the option to visit home for the other half or not.

During the school year, he had wanted something more to do with his extra time on the weekends as partying had gotten old after freshman year, for the most part. He stumbled upon a flyer for Paws & Claws Animal Rescue while out with friends one evening, and it struck him in that moment just how he was going to spend his weekends. Besides, it had been a long while since he last volunteered at a rescue, and a while since he'd really had any contact with animals at all.

Spending most weekends helping out at P&C are what led to this moment of him waking up at an early hour on the first Saturday of summer break. He was dedicated, and since he was here, he wasn't going to let summer break be any excuse.

Thrrring. Thrrring. Thrrring.

Makaio sat up now as he picked his cellphone up from its place on the nightstand, turning off his second alarm; he could never be too safe. Placing it down again, he finally got off the bed and trudged into the bathroom to perform his morning routine and get dressed.

After about 20 minutes, he was ready to go in an old pair of jeans, a dark t-shirt, and old sneakers with a granola bar in hand. He wasn't much of a breakfast eater, especially when there were places he had to be, but knew it was healthiest to have something on his stomach. The small orange sack on his back held a snack for later, but chances were he'd get too tied up with the animals to even think about eating again.

Making it out of his apartment, he grabbed his bike and started on his way. The apartment wasn't too far from the rescue, but it was a fair enough distance that he wouldn't walk it if he had the option not to. Besides, a bike ride in the brisk morning air always felt nice and helped to wake him up.

Soon, he rolled up to the rescue, hopping off the bike before it had the chance to fully stop, and securing it to a nearby light post. He tossed the wrapper from his makeshift breakfast into his backpack to dispose of later before heading inside. All of the familiar faces immediately came into view.

"G'morning," his mildly accented voice chimed. He was admittedly a little surprised that everyone had gotten there so early and nearly felt like he was obnoxiously late.
______
Catharsis Catharsis ; idalie idalie ; Raku Raku ; AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX

Jane was catching up on a bit of filing when her first worker arrived. She looked up tiredly from the laptop screen, taking in the idea of socializing so early in the morning. "Good morning." she finally mumbled, pressing save on a file before standing up and heading into the break room, where she started the coffee machine. It was already clear to her that she would need it soon. As she headed back out to the lobby, she grabbed a black expo marker. She had no clue as to where she wanted to assign everyone. "You guys can pick your own jobs for today. Just know I'm doing planning today." she said loudly, making her best effort to sound excited.

That being said, Jane wrote her name on the white board along with "Planning", so everyone knew where to find her for the day. In all honesty, Jane didn't really feel like doing anything today, but it was her job to save lives so the least she could do was plan on how exactly she was going to do that. It had been several months since Paws & Claws had its last adoption event, and the kennels were beginning to fill up. It was time to host their Summer event. Jane started towards the office, stopping for a moment to look at all her workers. "Just know that cleaning needs done, the dogs need to be let out, I haven't checked the phone for any animal control calls, and the keys to the control van are on the hook. If you need me, I'll be in the office."

(AHH I DDIDNT KNOW WHAT TO POST GUYS SORRY FOR CLOSING UP INTERACTION BUT AHH WRITERS BLOCK )

Vindaya Willoughby
Ever a morning person, 8 AM found Vindaya clocking in for her morning shift at the shelter. Her hair was in a neat bun, her makeup done, and her nails painted. A trait instilled in her from childhood that followed her into adulthood: always look put together and sensible, even if it’s just a day at the shelter. At least it would be a full day; though she was spending her entire summer as a research assistant in one of her professors’ labs, she at least got a few days off per week. It allowed her to continue her part-time work at the shelter, for which she was incredibly grateful. The time she’d spent at the shelter in the past year, going from volunteer to part-time employee, had helped her greatly, both financially and personally. But she didn’t really dwell on either of these things.

Except when it was an impediment, that is. Vindaya looked at the mostly empty whiteboard for the day, filled only with Jane’s assignment so far, and circled the pad of her finger around the top button on her blouse. Animal control was rarely ever an option since there was always the possibility that the animal or animals that needed controlling were big dogs, which Vindaya couldn’t even walk yet, let alone wrangle. She could handle dogs, as long as they were small, and there were plenty of dogs to be let out and space for multiple people to write their names, so she wrote hers next to letting the dogs out. When she’d first started volunteering, this had been a job she’d avoided at all costs, for reasons she never explained to anyone and hoped nobody would ever notice; now, she forced herself to do it and just hoped that the bigger ones wouldn’t get too close.

She bid her coworkers and volunteers good morning as she passed on her way to the dogs. She’d start by letting the small ones out in the hopes that someone else might beat her to letting out the bigger ones.

Anastasia Sokolov
"Tsarina of Russian Royalty? 1917 was a long time ago, don't you think?" Anastasia laughed, shaking her head slightly at Sebastian. "How come Landyn gets a cool nickname, but I have to deal with something because of my accent?" she asked, adding in a pout for good measure. No, she wasn't really upset about it. However, she did think it was a bit excessive. "Besides, I'm no queen. Hell, I go home everyday to teach kids and eat a ham sandwich while watching a Law & Order marathon. That's like me calling you Prince Charming. One, it's not gonna happen, and two, it's simply not true." Holding back her laughter, she turned to Makaio, offering a small wave.

She grew silent as Jane began to speak. Watching the girl write her name down and exit, she thought carefully about what she wanted to do. Noticing Vindaya writing her name next to letting the dogs out, she furrowed her brows a bit in confusion. It wasn't expected. Anastasia never said anything, but she had taken notice that the girl wasn't as fond of larger dogs as smaller ones. Not really being in the mood to clean, she thought carefully and smiled a bit. "Pascal, Ko Menye!" she called, watching the husky return to her side immediately. "Sidet!" All three huskies quickly sat down and stared up at her. "Myesto." She dropped the leashes she still held and wrote her name on the board, writing Profile Pictures next to it. "I'll work on taking updated pictures of them to put on the website," she explained, reaching in a desk drawer and grabbing the camera. "Hey, Landyn, do you mind helping me? I'd rather them pay attention and I might need the dog whisperer to help," she said, emphasizing the nickname Sebastian had given to him.

Interactions: Raku Raku idalie idalie Aato Aato

Jay Wilders
After feeding the little bundle in his hands, Jay gently put it back into the basket. The little one turned around twice before gently laying itself in the towel. It seemed to fall asleep within seconds.
He smiled at the kitten for while, softly patting it, before he decided to go on. The shelter was probably open by now and since he'd wanna ask about some volunteer work and probably one or two cats to adopt he couldn't wait to get there.

Carefully he ensured the basket was safe before he continued riding the bike there. It didn't take long, just about ten minutes.

Jay locked his bike to the stand and took a look around - it was warming up and the cloudless sky indicated a more than beautyful day. He checked his phone - he was only noted on emergency site support and that was something he could do out of any internet hub. Perfect for spending a day in te park or cafe whilst working.
With a smile he grabbed the sleeping kitten and the towel and carried it gently to the main building. The front room was empty - people were probably etting started right about now.
With his free hand he tapped the little bell on the counter before him. Best way to get noticed anyway.

Catharsis Catharsis AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX farewell farewell idalie idalie Raku Raku Aato Aato

Landyn Ross
Landyn exchanged his greetings and "good mornings" to those who spoke to him. As Jane told everyone they'd "pick they're own jobs" today he put his hand on his chin as he thought. Huh, picking our own? Alright, should be fun he thought to himself as everyone else went there way. He was about to head over to the kennels to let the bigger dogs out when his Russian colleague called for him. Smiling at the name Sebastian seemed to have spread, Landyn replied with "Sure. What do need em' to do?". He looked at the board. Seeing "Profile Pictures" written next to Anastasia, he said "Oh, Profile Pictures. Let me just get a toy". Landyn walked over to the kennel area where he knew they had a toy somewhere. He found a small Kong ball and bounced it on the floor. He walked back over to Anastasia, holding the toy up. He approached the huskies and gained their interest in the toy. He stuck his hand in front of their noses and repeated "Stay" as he backed up to Anastasia. "Got em'" he said, keeping the dogs' interest.
AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX

Tyson

The early morning sun had broken through his window of the old farmhouse, its old wooden floors seemed to creak and shift as Tyson stood up from his bed. Ty stood about 6'4 and weighed about 225lbs, it was mostly muscle but he was guilty of having abit of chub there also. Light sun kissed skin making it a light hue of btonze as he moved to the dresser to find a pair of old light washed jeans that had small tears in the knees. Moving his hands up to the second drawer he pulled out a simple, plain black t-shirt. Upon hearing the commotion going on upstairs a thump, thump, thump came drumming up toward Tysons room like a hurdling boulder. Coon barged through the door, groaning an wagging his tail at his master.

With a small smile, Ty leaned down to pet the large dog "Goodmorning you big brute, what do you say we go get Syke and go check the fences before we have to go to work?" as if understanding any of the conversation, Coon simply let out a deep bark before heading downstairs again. Turning back to his old dresser he pulled out some socks an slipped them on, also reaching for his ball cap on the nighstand he pulled it onto his head, hiding his short dark brown locks, only abit. Stepping downstairs, at the bottom of the stairs you meet the front door, to your right is the fairly large kitchen and dining area, to the left an open living area. Moving to the kitchen counter he grasped the keys to his old truck and placed them in his pocket before heading for the door, stopping to put his steel toed boots on his feet. The boots were afew years old but still held their light tan color with the black setion over the toes.

As soon as the door was open, Coon came charging outside, almost blowing Tyson over in the process. However all he could do was laugh at the excited dog who was already making his way toward the barn that was placed at the end of the driveway, just diagonal from the house. Pulling apart the large sliding doors he stepped inside the barn, a few heads poked out to greet him, however only one let out a small nicker in greeting, the almost white bucksking at the first of the row on his left "Hey Syke, a quick ride before I head off to work?" with that he quickly grabbed all his tack and gave him a quick brushing before saddling him up. The black western saddle and matching reins seemed to glisten as they stepped out from the barn, Tyson threw his leg over to Sykes other side an kicked him off into a slow yet steady trot toward the pastures to check the fencing before he let the horses and cattle out.

Returning from their ride, Syke chomoed at the bit, pulling his head forward and tossing his head. Tyson grumbled "You know I work today" with that he dismounted and took off the saddle and pad. Leading Syke to the oasture he then pulled the bridle off and Syke took off galloping down the fence rail. Quickly he then headed into the barn to let all the other horses out to pasture and open the gate for the cattle to be able to wander into the bigger field that was attached to the small one that was up against the back of the barn. Coon was basking in the sun as he waited for his master to be finished with his chores before heading off to the shop.

Finally Tyson was opening the passenger door for Coon to hop up into thw truck, closing the door behind him he got into his drivers seat and put the key into the ignition, the truck rumbling to life as he fastened his seatbelt, pulling out onto the old dirt road toward town.

The loud exhaust of his truck seemed to rumble the streets of town as he pulled the truck into the work parking lot, backing it into its usual parking spot he hopped down from his seat, leaving his door open so Coon could jump out to follow him. The good thing about Coon was that the two had clicked so well, he no longer needed a leash, he simply followed Tyson where ever he went.​

Anastasia Sokolov
Anastasia kept quiet as Landyn got a toy and held it in front of her huskies. They kept in their spot, their eyes trained on the toy, at least until Anastasia spoke. "Fas!" Shadow was the first to launch forward, jumping at the toy excitedly, followed quickly by Snow and then Pascal. She couldn't help but laugh slightly as she walked over and calmed them easily. "You forget their my dogs, and they're not going on the website. "I'll quit before I give them up," she told him, patting his shoulder. "I meant the dogs that are up for adoption." she smiled slightly and headed out to the large fenced in area, letting Shadow and Snow off their leashes so they could go play. She wrapped them loosely around her neck as Pascal looked up at her, wagging his tail slightly.

"Go on," she said, pointing to the other dogs already playing. He was still hesitant but jogged off to join the others. She followed him in and closed the fence, glancing around. It was hard to resist the urge to just sit down and start playing with all them, but she knew work came first when she was here. She did notice the large truck that stood out a bit from everything, but she knew who it was, so it didn't surprise her. Walking over to a corgi, she knelt down and pet him gently, trying her best and failing to get him to sit still. "I still don't get how you do it," she said with a small laugh as she slid back a bit in hopes that the corgi wouldn't come closer.

Interactions: Raku Raku
Mentions: Boondox Boondox

Landyn Ross
Landyn gave a slight facepalm when Anastasia told him that the huskies were her's. Today was going to be an off day, his brain hadn't turned it's gears yet. As he pet the huskies when they approached, he thought to himself "Why are huskies so damn cute?". He knew his mother nor his father would get one due to their size, but Landyn knew he was going to adopt one once he had his own place. He followed Anastasia as she and her dogs went out into the pen. He smiled at what she said about his "gift". As he knelt down to pet the corgi, it almost jumped into him. "I really don't know either" he said. He looked up from the
enthusiastic corgi and saw a big pickup. Landyn kept his eyes on it until someone exited.
AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX

Tyson

Tyson stepped down out of his truck, his eyes gazing the quiet street before his gaze trailed across the road to the shelter where he had found Coon. To mention the devil, the large Husky/Malamute mix seemed to hop out of the large truck with ease as he came to stand at Tyson's side, wagging his massive tail of fluff against Tyson's thigh. To many people who stood at about average height, Coons back normally was right beside their hip, however were Ty stood at about 6'3, coons back reaches midway up his thigh. Glancing down to his companion he then let his eyes move back to the shelter an he pulled out his phone to quickly check the time. Still a few minutes before the shop opened and his boss was no where to be seen yet anyways.

Ty grinned down at his dog an motioned his head toward the building "Want to go say Hi buddy?" Coon let a very low pitch bark escape him as Tyson could only shake his head before starting across the street. As he and Coon made their way over, he noticed Anastasia and some guy out in the pen. Stepping up to the fence he let himself lean down on the railing with his arms folded "Someone wanted to come say hello before his long day at work" Tyson chuckled before looking down at coon who was knelt down at the fence, tail wagging with a lab mix that had seemed to take an interest i . the big ball of fluff. Tyson averted his eyes from his companion to Anastasia who seemed to have been occupied with an enthusiastic Corgi "How are your sled dogs working out?" Tyson poked fun at her as Coon groaned like an upset wolf an sat on his hind while Ty conversed. Before she could answer he turned to the younger man "Sorry, forgive me.. I'm Tyson.. I adopted Coon from here a few months ago and we come back to visit once in awhile, convenient how I work across the street" Reaching out a hand to greet the young man he waited, Coon perking his ears and watching his owner carefully.

Interactions: AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX Raku Raku

Jane sat at her personal office computer, staring blankly at the empty screen before her. Suddenly, she would much rather be washing all 15 of their resident feral cats than plan anything today. She stood up with a sigh, kicking her chair into the wall. Maybe today would be a good day to do some house keeping instead. There were plenty of things that needed to get done.

Jane pushed open the door to her office and looked around the lobby. On the surface, everything was clean; however, Jane knew that she had not been sorting out her files correctly, and it was time to fix that. She headed behind the front desk and began to dig around all the animal files, pulling them all out and setting them down on the floor near her feet. Jane couldn't help but notice that many of them were outdated, and needed to be updated badly. She sat down amongst all the miles from the past few years with a pen, and tried her hardest to remmeber what had happened to each animal. Out of the hundreds of dogs that had been to Paws & Claws, only ten of them were showed up as adopted. That couldn't be right. According to Jane's knowledge, Paws & Claws had a higher adoption rate than rescue rate, but apparently had nothing to show for it. "How have I not been fired yet." she wondered out-loud, quickly running over each file and changing dog's statuses to Adopted, rescued, fostered, or even euthinized. There were far too many to get done today, but she made sure to fix up at least a few dozens before placing them back where they needed to be.

I'll be working on fixing this for months. Jane stood up, stashing away the rest of the files in one of the empty drawers. Looking up, she noticed someone standing directly in front of the desk. How long has he been standing there??? "Oh, Hi! Sorry I didn't see you there. I'm Jane. How can I help you?" she asked, eyeing the cat in his arms. The cat room was already quite full. Hardly anyone really adopted them, and most cat specific rescues filled their kennels pretty quickly. Cats were difficult. The shelter would find some way out of the fiery depths of cat though, they always did.
R Raptor At Heart

Anastasia Sokolov
Anastasia began snapping a few pictures when she got the opportunity, pausing briefly to go through them and picking the best two. "It's almost unnatural," she said just before she heard someone else at the fence. She glanced back and smiled a bit towards Tyson and Coon. "And would that someone be you or the dog?" she asked with a slight laugh. She returned her attention to the Corgi, taking a couple more pictures before standing up and looking through them.

Her attention was diverted at the mention of the sled dogs, causing her to shake her head slightly. "I'm not telling you again, they're not sled dogs. I'd need five more for that to happen and I don't plan on moving up north anytime soon," she said. "Besides, Snow is too young and Shadow still plays around too much," she added, habitually pulling her pigtails back over her shoulders. "At least they're not giant balls of fluff," Anastasia pointed out, motioning to Coon just as Pascal took his place by her side. Mama's boy. Leaning down, she gently began petting him, hoping it could calm him enough for him to go play again.

Boondox Boondox Raku Raku

Jay smiled. "Oh, don't worry...", he said gently. "I've been enjoying the company of my little friend here. I found him this morning in a rainpipe next to my apartment."

He loosened the towel a bit so that Jane could see the little kitten in his hands. "I thought it'd only be correct that I inform you about that since somebody might actually miss him..." He paused for a moment looking nervously to the floor.
"But you know, since he's so little I assume he'd need a lot of care and I'd be more than happy to give it to him."

The young man looked aside nervously again. He hated doing things like that as he was always nervous about meeting new situations. "I'm also here for two other reasons: First of all I'd like to offer my help as a volunteer. I could come help every day since I actually work from home... or could do it from here, if necessary... My only condition is that I can't deal with dogs due to my... health issues...", he took a deep breath, shortly gesturing to his right hand - the difficult part was over.

"I also wanted to ask wether you have any cats up for adoption. I've been looking for a couple of two for a while... but I've never met the right ones."

Catharsis Catharsis

Tyson

Oh such a smart-mouth she had. Tyson raised an eyebrow as she called out to him while still interacting with the corgi "Ahh well the dog obviously" Tyson shrugged an took a second to gaze down at his rather large companion. Coon sat calmly at Tyson's side, keeping an eye on the other dogs even though they were in a pen. Coon was friendly to other dogs however he can be timid of them at first before he warms up to play. Tyson looked back as he noticed Anastasia moving now, pushing himself off the fence to stand up straight, his arms now folded across his chest. The sun was quite warm as he averted his eyes to the dogs in the pen before he looked back to her, grinning as she began speaking about how she needed five more huskies to make a team.

"Oh come on.. You have three.. Might as well go big or go home" Ty teased as she watched her, unfolding his arms he reached a hand down to pat Coon on the top of the head. The large brute tilted his head backward as he got scratched on his top of the head. Tyson smirked an looked back to her "Coon could take up at least two spots.. Looks like you just need 3 more now... I could let you borrow him for a night" He chuckled quietly as he waited for her to reply, probably with something clever if he wasnt mistaken, after all it was Anastasia.

Interactions: AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX

Landyn Ross
Landyn kept the dogs' interest as Anastasia took the pictures. He really didn't know how he had such a strong connection with animals. As he heard the sound of their new guest approach, Landyn turned his head to the man and his dog. He was about to introduce himself but they started out in a small quarrel about the huskies being sled dogs. He stood to the side as their argument went on. Spotting an opportunity to intervene, Landyn spoke up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. OK, for one, I'm Landyn. Nice to meet you. Secondly, they're not sled dogs. You're a little too far south for those kind of dogs" he raised his voice. Landyn never would raise his voice, unless it was about animals.
AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX Boondox Boondox

Anastasia Sokolov
Anastasia rolled her eyes, getting ready to fire off another smart comment just before Landyn spoke up. She raised her eyebrows a bit in surprise, a bit confused as to why he was so defensive. They were her dogs after all. "Dude, relax. It's not like it's offensive. I mean huskies are sled dogs and if I lived that far north, they probably would be," she explained calmly, hoping not to push anymore buttons. She turned her attention over to Tyson just as Shadow cantered over and began pawing at Pascal, trying to get him to play, even though he wasn't budging.

"And no offense, but if I were to have a team, they'd be purebred," she said with a shrug. "Nothing against the fluffball. Besides, a night isn't enough for me to train eight dogs how to be sled dogs. My schedule doesn't allow it," she added, briefly glancing around for Snow. "But I don't plan on going anywhere and I think they're happier not pulling me around on a sled with five other dogs." She offered a smile to both of them while adjusting the camera around her neck to prevent it from becoming uncomfortable.

Boondox Boondox Raku Raku

Vindaya Willoughby
Vindaya was right. By the time she'd let all the small dogs out into the pen, including a peppy corgi whose photogenic talents Anastasia was taking advantage of on the other side, all of the big dogs were let loose. From across the way, Vindaya eyed the larger dogs warily, twisting the plastic buttons at the bottom of her blouse. As much as she'd love to chat with her coworkers, they seemed preoccupied already. At least, that's what she told herself, pretending her eye wasn't drawn to the large huskies keeping them company. She didn't want to interrupt an ongoing conversation, that was all.

So Vindaya checked the time on her phone and headed back inside. While the dogs played (and not unsupervised, at least), perhaps she could take the time to tend to the cats. If they couldn't use food, water, or medicine, at least a few could probably use some cleaning of themselves and/or their kennels. As she made her way to the cat side of the shelter, she noticed a guy - about her age, maybe - holding a loose cat in his hands, talking with Jane. Figuring that maybe she could be of assistance (especially since she knew Jane was to have her hands full today, poor girl, never mind that intakes weren't strictly part of her regular job) Vindaya walked up to them, boasting a pleasant smile.

"Hello," Vindaya said. "Who's this?" The guy had a few inches on her but she bent a little at the knee nonetheless to examine the ball of fur more thoroughly. The way the little thing was positioned - more like huddled - in his arms, it was hard to tell where it began and ended. "Did you find him?"

R Raptor At Heart Catharsis Catharsis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back