• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Path of a Hunter

Twizinator

One Thousand Club
Twizinator submitted a new role play:

Path of a Hunter - Based on the world of CAPCOM's Monster Hunter games, a group of hunters chase their desiny.

Monster Hunter RP
This RP is (somewhat loosely) based in the world of the Monster Hunter games by Capcom. This is also a private RP between myself and some of my friends that I know in real life and no one else. So, to those of you that may want to join this...sorry!

------------------------------------

In this world, monsters roam the land. A few are herbivorous creatures, passive to humans. The vast majority, however, are aggressive, carnivorous behemoths. These enormous beasts come in a...
Read more about this role play...

Monster Hunter RP

This RP is (somewhat loosely) based in the world of the Monster Hunter games by Capcom. This is also a private RP between myself and some of my friends that I know in real life and no one else. So, to those of you that may want to join this...sorry!

------------------------------------

In this world, monsters roam the land. A few are herbivorous creatures, passive to humans. The vast majority, however, are aggressive, carnivorous behemoths. These enormous beasts come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, and they would overrun humanity if they were to be left unchecked. So...what IS keeping them in check?

Why, Hunters, of course! Those people who are able to call themselves "Hunters" are highly trained and highly skilled warriors, scholars, scientists, and more. They devote their life to the study and slaying of monsters. Without Hunters, humans would be extinct. Knowledge of Hunter techniques was taught to humans a millenia ago by the Wyverians, an ancient human-like people with pointed ears, superhuman strength, astonishing agility, and incredible lifespans. Humans and Wyverians worked together to bring humans off of the "endangered species" list at the last second, and now the two races work closely to study monsters and protect themselves from the beasts, using weapons as commonplace as the sword and shield, or as dramatic as the gunlance. This is done through the Hunter's Guild, which has an HQ in the city of Orenstecht. The guild has outposts all throughout the world, and each one doles out missions to hunters, who then go out and do the dirty work - most of the time involving life-or-death combat with fearsome creatures.

Yet even among monsters, there are those that reign above all others. Monsters that are able to bear the title of "Elder Dragon" are creatures that, besides not always being actual dragons, have immense power. A single one of these beasts is more than capable of turning a city into a ghost town. Fortunately for you, these beings are extremely rare, and many people believe them to be myths and legends and nothing more.

This is where your character comes in, because unfortunately for you, one of the most powerful Elder Dragons in existence happened to attack the settlement you were in: Genosa, a small village at the base of a mountain, now razed to the ground. However, in another instance of good fortune, the hunter's guild had predicted this (albeit a bit too late for most people's liking). They were able to rescue you and a few other youths that were hidden in a shelter carved into the solid rock of the mountain. It is upon your discovery by the Guild that this story begins. It is on this day that your path to becoming an elite and exceptional hunter begins!

Things to keep in mind:

• You are a HUMAN. I refuse to allow any of you to be Wyverians! This also means that everything you do has to be, more or less, physically possible, but some tweaking of the laws of physics can be allowed for dramatic impact (the world is based off of a video game, for crying out loud.) On a similar note, gravity is a bit wonky. You can fall as far as you want without dying. Sure, you'll suffer some aches and bruises, but don't worry about anything worse.
  • At the very beginning, you have NO combat training. Zero. Nada. NOTHING. The idea is that this RP will take place over (roughly) a few years (time skips can and will be used when appropriate). During that time, you enter the guild as an apprentice and learn to be a hunter. Over time you climb the ranks, and your skills advance along with you. If your character is naturally talented at something, that's fine. Put that in the "Strengths" section of your character's bio. Make your character bio about who your character WILL become once they are a hunter.
  • In order to explain/use some of the feats a hunter is able to use, this RP will go with the idea of minor magic existing in this world in the form of inner energy called "kei". A person's kei is like their aura, inner strength, spirit energy, etc. It won't allow them to hurl fireballs or shoot lightning, but it will allow them to perform heroic feats in their quest to become a master hunter. Examples include mundane things like acrobatics (like extremely high jumps), extreme physical strength, the endurance of a titan, and things like that. Where initial kei use involves the whole body, with practice it becomes relatively easy to focus one's kei into specific body parts, like the arms for dramatically increased strength. Skilled hunters are able to focus their kei through their weapons with deadly results.
  • One of the biggest departures from the games that I'm implementing for this roleplay is that PC's will get a single weapon and a single armor set at the beginning. They MAY get a second weapon much later.
  • On a related note, upgrading your weapons and armor is a bit more flexible. Basically, you use parts from slain beasties to make your equipment better. There are some limitations, For example making a weapon more than one element/status type is almost impossible (though there can be rare exceptions) but armor upgrading in particular is very versatile. Armor is divided into four parts: Leg (includes leg and waist armor from the game), Torso, Arms, and Helmet. Each part can be customized; for example, leg armor can be made highly heat-resistant to allow wading through lava, or head armor can be modified with an oxygen filter to allow underwater breathing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, something I totally forgot to mention in the Rules/Regulations thing:

YOU WILL GET ONE WEAPON. NOT TWO, NOT FIVE, ONE. GREAT SWORD, SWORD AND SHIELD, LIGHT BOWGUN, I DON'T CARE, BUT YOU ONLY GET ONE, AS IN A SINGLE WEAPON THAT YOU WILL LOVE, CHERISH, AND UPGRADE THROUGHOUT THE ROLEPLAY.

I feel that's kind of important to keep in mind when making your character.

Okay! All three of your characters are posted (#finally) so let's get this show on the road!

(I'll edit this post with the expository post later, WIP!)

(Editing done go at it)

------------------------

It had been an exceedingly normal and peaceful day in the idyllic town of Genosa. It seemed like nothing could go wrong here, where the weather was fair and the townsfolk friendly. Perhaps that is precisely why the worst disaster in ages occurred here.

With no warning, a massive and ominous shadow covered the land, and the storm began. Instead of water, the sky rained fire, and in place of thunder the terrifying roar of a dragon echoed as buildings and people alike were immolated indiscriminately. Precious few made it to the shelters built into the rock face of a cliff. Once thought the constructions of paranoia, now the townsfolk found themselves wishing they'd dug more, as there was not enough room for everyone to survive. Precious few even made it to the shelters, the rest falling victim to an unknown dragon's rage. The seige lasted agonizingly long, the sounds of pained screams piercing the thick steel doors, the force of the dragon's might shaking the very foundations of the land. Suddenly, the quakes ended, the screams ceased, and a deathly silence fell.

Almost two hours later...

"I'm telling you, there's no one left. Hardly anyone made it to the shelters, we've found maybe two dozen people alive," A frustrated voice said outside the shelter, muffled a bit by the thick metal. "A few died in the shelters of wounds. We should report back to the Guild in Orenstecht, we can't afford to lose the trail of that monster."

"I agree with Bertrand," A different voice chimed in. "Look around you. This place is but ash and rubble. It's a miracle we found anyone at all, and we can't waste any time. We've scoured the place for forty minutes already. Even IF there's another person or two they aren't worth risking another village if we lose the dragon's trail. We shou-"

The voice was inturrupted by the sound of fist meeting cheek. "Silence!" A female voice commanded. "I'll forget both of you said any of that nonsense because I'm sure you're at least as frustrated with this disaster as we are. However, we are NOT leaving anyone behind. Look at this town map: there should be one more shelter over here. It might have been buried, that's why we haven't found it."

"You're right, as usual Arya," A third male voice said, much closer than the other three. "I think I've found the door...yes! Here it is! All of you, give me a hand!"

The next minute or so was populated by the sound of shifting rubble, grunts of physical effort, and finally the triumphant shifting of the steel door. Orange sunlight poured into the stone-wrought shelter, and the dark silhouette of four adults stood around the doorway. "There's three kids in here!" The woman exclaimed as she darted inside. Her black braid whipped behind her as she rushed over to the trio. "Hey! Are you all alright? We're hunters, from the Guild. You're safe now," she assured with a smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crashes everywhere

The fires burning all over the village

Leceel had run, run towards the shelters, away from the screaming, away from the carnage

It was entirely too much like what had happened before . . .

---------------------------------

Leceel lay in the back corner of the shelter, his knees brought up in front of his chest, while his arms wrapped around them. He was wearing a simple tunic and pants, the only odd thing being a slightly torn scarf around his neck. Did the other two think him strange because he did not speak? It did not matter. Even if he wished to speak to them, he had lost that gift several years back. And now he had felt the wrath of monsters yet again. He yearned for the strength to fight back, to hunt as his mother had . . . but it seemed such a thing would not come to pass.

Leceel's ears twitched slightly as he heard the voices outside, followed by the metal door of the shelter being wrenched open. He gave a cursory glance at the woman who had entered, but let his chin lay back upon his knees when she started to console. What was the point? It wasn't like he could say anything, and unless they had the head of that dragon with them, he had no reason to believe them any more competent than the next human being.

"I...I..." Aurous stammered, shaking from the adrenaline and fear. "Are...you hunters?" He said, looking upwards with a genuine curiosity. It's just like before! Saved by hunters...again! He thought, looking over their equipment quickly. At least...I hope they're hunters... The sudden thought that maybe they were looters, come to pick through the wreckage and take any living as captives suddenly surged into his head as he took a cautious step back, further into the shelter.

"That we are, young man!" The woman said. She reached into a pouch at her waist and produced a metal rectangle. On one side was two star-shaped etches, with apparent room for three more. On the back was the word 'ARYA'. This was an official guild card.

"My name is Arya. Behind me are Bertrand, Krulz, and our team leader James." Her face fell. "You have our heartfelt apologies that we didn't arrive sooner. We've been searching for survivors for a while, but haven't found many..."

"Come on out of there!" One of the men shouted from outside the shelter. "The sooner we get you three out of here the better. There's only one airship left and I'd rather not miss it."

Arya rolled her eyes but didn't argue. "Come on," she beckoned to the trio of young men. "We'll get you guys to safety in no time." She led them out of the shelter, and the outside was a jarring sight. What was once a pleasant town was now fire, ash, and blackened rubble. Charred corpses lay sporadically around the ruined town, their visages marred beyond recognition. "This way," A large-bodied and bald man said. He identified himself as Bertrand. He was the lightest armored of the four, and had a light bowgun slung over his shoulder. He led them all to the edge of town where an airship was waiting.

Torunne followed along, nervously gripping his survival tool. His father had never had anything nice to say about hunters, that they were all crazy and dangerous to be around, but Arya seemed so nice. His eyes flicking to the sides, observing the other two with him. One hadn't said a word, even before the hunters found them, and the other seemed almost... comfortable walking alongside them. As they approached the airship, he could only wonder, 'What are the going to do with us?'

Leceel found himself grinding his teeth as he walked through the carnage. The acrid smell of burnt metal and flesh greeted his nostrils. The thick taste of fresh corpses greeted the roof of his mouth. The place was torn apart beyond recognition, as if a white-furred beast had--

Leceel quickly shook his head to chase the memories away before they overtook his senses, as if a physical act on his part could make them retreat from his mind. The airship loomed ahead of them, but Leceel couldn't help but wonder where it would lead? Was he going to simply wander again? It seemed that monsters would seek to hunt him no matter where he went . . . unless he started to hunt them? The idea tickled the back of his mind as he followed almost mindlessly behind the female hunter

"I...didn't realize how bad this place got hit..." Aurous said, turning to look at the desolation place once called home. There didn't seem to be a house that didn't get damaged, everything was still smoldering. "...OH! Th-the Elder! Did, well, y'know?" He couldn't bring himself to say it. He couldn't imagine just up and losing the Village Elder in a puff of smoke like that. As he kept walking with the hunters, a small tear trickled down his face, landing softly on the ground with a small *splosh*. "How *sniff* How many people...died?" Aurous sniffled, looking up to the hunters for an answer, guidance, anything to calm his mind. His eyes were stained red from the crying, and his hopeful demeanor from earlier seemed crushed by the harsh reality that had been presented while he walked.

The mood was somber and the four hunters were initially silent at Aurous' question as they walked. Finally the man in front, James, spoke up. "I won't lie to you," he said over his shoulder, pale blue hair rustling slightly in the breeze, his matching eyes looking into Aurous' own with sadness and something akin to regret. "Most everyone is dead. Those few that still breathe - between twenty or thirty people, including you three - range from horribly injured, likely fatally, to mere shells. Their minds and spirits have been crushed by this catastrophe. I'm honestly shocked and damn impressed that you kids are this bright-eyed and aware."

"They got really freakin' lucky," Bertrand said from the rear. "The fact ANYTHING survived that monster is a miracle in and of itself."

"That was no mere monster," the last of the hunters, who must be Krulz, chimed in. His high black ponytail and sharp-eyed expression somehow fit the longsword he carried on his back, what looked like a massive katana. "That was an Elder Dragon."

"Shut up, Krulz!" Arya spat. "That's classified, you know that."

"Hmph. These kids survived where even other hunters stationed here did not. They deserve at least to know the classification that their assailant bears," Krulz retorted, but said no more of the matter from then on.

Shortly the group reached the last airship. It had the appearance of a massive boat, with a gigantic balloon above and four propellers attached to the sides for propulsion. James led the three young men into it, and after exchanging a few words with the captain the order to take off was issued. With a dull rumble, the airship rose into the air, and once it had attained sufficient altitude it began accelerating horizontally. Soon they were flying just below cloud level, the land far below them rushing past. The wind flowed over the deck, forcing everyone to raise their voices to be audible. "I never get tired of this view," James shouted so the three children could hear him. He was looking over the starboard rail with them. Truly, the view was nothing short of breathtaking. "I always look forward to riding the airships, just so I can see the world like this. Frankly, seeing the world is better pay than the zenny the Guild contracts dole out, at least to me. I love being a hunter for that reason. Well, that, and the chance to take out dangers monsters. Heh, there was one hunt in the desert, I was with one of the Twelve W-"

"REMOBRAAAAAAAAAAS!" One of the shipmates shouted just as a pack of the aforementioned creatures flew over the side rails and started circling the deck. These monsters had the structure of a wyvern, with a pair of wings and back legs, but had much more in common appearance-wise with vipers. Their sharp fangs undoubtedly held dangerous venom, and they screeched a high-pitched call as they flew through the air. "Get those kids below decks!" the same shipmate shouted as he drew his sword and shield.

James immediately directed the kids to the entrance to the hold. "Stay below decks," he ordered. "These aren't the strongest monsters but they're more than capable of killing unarmed and unarmored kids like yourselves." He flashed a confident grin. "Don't worry. We'll kick them off our ship with impunity. He shut the trapdoor behind him and joined the fray with his own sword and shield combo.

From behind the kids, a shuffling was heard, until around a corner emerged a middle-aged bald man, with a prominent gut but a gentle smile on his face. His white apron and hat gave away that he was the ship's galley master. In other words, the cook. "Ya kids must be hungry," he said. "Come," he beckoned jovially, "lemme fix ya up summat ta eat, eh?" He led them down a few short corridors before they reached a rather modest kitchen, and gestured to sit at the small dining table present. "Name's Martuk," he said as he began doling out stew from a large steaming pot into bowls. "What're yer names, lads?"

"M-my name is Aurous." He said rather shakily. "Wow, those...those flying snakes were really something!" Aurous continued, becoming slightly excited. "I haven't ever seen a monster like it! Well, I mean, I've hardly seen any monsters, but both my dad's were hunters, so they always brought back tons of stuff! Of course, I never got to play with the weapons or mess around with any of the tools, but it was still cool seeing that stuff." He said, beaming with pride that he knew anything about monsters to begin with. He took the stew, and smelled it tentatively. "Uh...what is this exactly, if you don't mind my asking?"

"Torunne", he says, "...Thats my name." While he may have seemed rather calm on the outside, Torunne was nervous and panicky inside. Here he was, with Hunters, IN THE SKY! He doubted he'd be able to keep the stew down, if he were even inclined to eat in the first place. "Where are you taking us?"

Leceel kept his silence, and ate his soup without any sort of outward recognition. His only motion to the question was to scrabble something on a small piece of parchment before setting it down on the table. The handwriting was somewhat neat in penmanship, and read as such

Leceel

Martuk sat down with a bowl himself. "It's Bullfango stew," He answered Aurous. "Meat's a little tough but that makes it decent for slow cookin', got some carrots 'n taters in there, too." He took a bite, and judging by how long it too him to chew the meat he wasn't kidding about it being tough. Still, he was the chef for a reason, and the stew was well-seasoned and flavorful. "So, 'Torunne,' was it? We're goin' to the Guild headquarters in Orenstecht. Trust me, it's a great place. One o' tha safest places in th' world, I'd say. Food's fantastic, too. I think you'll like it."

He didn't notice Leceel's note for a while. Only after finishing his bowl did he see it. "Ah, name's Leceel then? Got sommat wrong with your voice, or just shy? Eh, don't matter either way, nonna my business."

"Oh, right, sommat to keep in mind when we get to Orenstecht," Martuk added. "Guild master's Yorin, a Wyverian. Short little bloke, but that's how Wyverians get when they're old. Don't let that fool ya though, he's a right force to be reckoned with. He's guild master for a reason. A VERY good one, if the rumors are true."

------------

In about ten minutes time, many Remobras were slain and the remaining monsters retreated. Just over an hour later, the airship docked in Orenstecht. It was a bustling metropolis, with packed streets full of cheerful men and women. In the center of the city was the Hunter's Guild, which was less of a single building and more of a large area with multiple structures all serving different purposes. With the vibrant multitude of colors, countless sets of armor and at least as many weapons, giant forge, an enormous food stand, multiple counters and bulletin boards, lodging buildings, and more, the area looked like a combination of military base and carnival. One building did stand out: it was two stories tall, and had a very imposing and impressive aura about it. Marble pillars stood strong at the entrance, bracing the upper levels. This was the Guild Hall, where all quests began and ended. If it was hunter's business, it passed through those pillars.

Arya, Bertrand, Krulz, and James all led the three young men to the Guild Hall, and once they reached the entrance three of the hunters entered to take care of reports and further business, James saying he'd catch up once he helped the kids out. "Cool place, isn't it?" he asked rhetorically with a smile and led them inside. The interior was just as massive, with the immediate entrance having a counter where a young woman sat behind, presumably a secretary. She smiled when she saw James approach. "Hey, you're back! How'd it go?"

Her face fell when she and James briefly discussed the mission, and the fact that the three kids he had with him were the survivors in best condition. "It was awful..." James said. "The town is lost, there's no getting around that. I don't want to be the one to break it to Yorin, either..."

"No need to worry," a very short old man said from behind the kids. "You just did." He walked forward a short ways, aiding his movement with a cane. James and the secretary were silent as he turned to face the three youngsters, sizing them up threw narrow eyes. Finally he grinned knowingly to himself. "Yes...as I thought," he said cryptically.

Leceel's ears twitched at the voice behind him. He turned around quickly, looking for the source for a few seconds before his gaze turned downward at the small creature. Hold on, this was a Wyverian right? The other hunters seemed rendered silent when he spoke. Was he a figure of importance here? It took him a minute to realize the man was sizing him up with his eyes, and seemed to turn back a gaze that said 'What?'

Aurous did his best to straighten his posture, before realizing that he probably looked a terrible mess. He did his best to stay still until the Wyverian finished speaking. His mind was racing with all the questions he could ever want to ask a guild master, or a wyverian, or in this rare case, both, but couldn't muster the strength to speak. The most he could make out was, "W-w-w-what h-h-h-happened t-t-to our v-v-v-v-" He struggled with the last word, due to being equal parts anxious, and also awe stricken to be talking to a real wyverian. "-illage?" Aurous finally spat out the word like it had been stuck in his throat for days.

Yorin seemed to ignore their questions. Rather, he returned Leceel's gaze with one of his own, calm and unreadable. "I knew your parents," he finally said. "Good people. Good hunters. I sent them on that last quest, fully knowing that there was a chance they would encounter something beyond them. I hoped it would test them, help them grow stronger...they failed. A shame," he said, still wearing an unreadable expression and showing no signs of sympathy nor offering any apology.

He turned to Aurous. "I understand you were very helpful at our Guild outpost in Genosa," he said. "cleaning, stocking, organizing...did you ever consider wielding one of those weapons you spent hours polishing?" he asked.

Without waiting for an answer he turned lastly to Torunne. His mouth actually curved slightly into a small grin. "To think someone would invent a switch-axe on their own..." he mused. "I think your choice of weapon will be obvious once it is supplied to you, Torunne."

He took a few steps back to speak to all three young men. "I have been watching you all for quite some time, you know. There is something special about you three, a reason why three young men, barely wet behind the ears, survived that calamity. Not only did you survive, but you still have a light in your eyes, a fire in your soul, where the others have lost them, lost all hope. Yes. You three will make hunters to rival the Twelve Weapon Gods, perhaps even rival myself!" he finished with a soft chuckle.

Master Yorin," James spoke up. "These kids have witnessed horrors even I can barely stomach, and you're suggesting they return to a world filled with things of that nature?! That's...that's madness!"

"This world is madness," Yorin replied. "It is kill or be killed. The fell dragon that roams the land, that attacked Genosa, it threatens everyone. Hunters are all that stand between you humans and extinction. These three-" he pointed his cane at the trio, "-can tip it in your favor. They possess souls of great men, that just need to grow. Their kei lies dormant and untapped, yes, but they have the potential to hunt the Elder Dragons themselves. Not repel, as the Twelve Weapon Gods do. They will hunt them, kill them. They will go on the offensive where for so long we have been barely defending our homes and families. Not anymore. Give them a chance, and we will emerge victorious." He looked at the young men. "You will emerge victorious," he said to them. "You will forge your own destinies and wield your lives in your own two hands. I expect great things from you three...and I know I will not be disappointed," he said with a grin. With that he hobbled away, disappearing up a staircase, presumably to take care of some Guild business.

James sighed. "Well...I guess that's that. When old Yorin sets his mind to something, it cannot be changed. But don't worry - he's a scarily good judge of potential," he said, sizing up the kids. "He's never been wrong about a hunter's ability before...whether they are weak or strong. Though I think for tonight it's best to rest. No need to rush." He smiled as he got an idea. "Shall we head to the arena? If I know Arya she'll be signing up for a match to blow off steam."

Leceel's eyes bolted wide open at the mention of his parents. His hand immediately tightened into a fist at the Wyverian's comment. Every fiber in his body screamed to hurt him, to let him know just how much that "test" had taken away from his life. However, he would not simply raise his hand against a man in the middle of this place without explanation. More to the point, if these hunters respected him so, he was likely not nearly as frail as his looks suggested. What was blatant anger and pain in his eyes changed to confusion as the man continued to speak. Potential that rivaled the 12 weapon gods? He had never had such ambitions, nor did he think himself capable of such a feat. What he did know, however, was that this man was giving him a ticket into the hunter's guild that he had so long been seeking. That was one thing he would not pass up on. He absent-mindedly followed the older hunter who had suggested the arena, not really paying attention to what was going on around him for the first time in years

"Whoa, really!?" Aurous said, snapping out of his stupor of meeting a wyverian, and a guild leader no less. "A full blown arena match?! That sounds...well, incredible!" Aurous said, running around trying to find a sign pointing him in the direction of the arena.

James led them out and away from the Guild and after a short walk they found themselves at the arena. It was pretty much what one would expect: a large stone-wrought stadium full of different levels of seating, and then a circular pit large enough for a group of hunters and one or two large monsters to maneuver with plenty of extra space. Anya stood in the pit, awaiting her opponent. One of the many massive gates around the pit's circumference opened, and out strode an Arzuros, the large bear-like Pelagus (or Fanged Beast) with a long honey-loving tongue and spiky armored forearms. It caught sight of Anya and let out a roar. Anya brandished her massive hammer and charged, as the Arzuros did the same...

----------

"...and the way she dodged that swipe near the end, landing a perfect two-handed sideswipe counter-attack into that brute's midsection, perfect timing as always!" James said. He had been reiterating the match ever since it ended, barely stopping to breathe between raving compliments about Anya's duel with the Arzuros. It had been a fairly one-sided fight: the beast stood no chance against a seasoned hunter like Anya. "I never get tired of watching her fight, she's so good with that hammer of hers," James said with an expression of admiration as he spoke. "I can barely keep up with her. I'm honestly surprised I'm still the leader of our four man cell. Anyway, it's getting late. Shall we head to your new lodgings? You three must be wiped out from the day's events."

James led them to their new home, a modest two-story residence not far from the Guild. "I'll leave you here," he said, handing each of them a key he'd gotten from the Guild, "Got business to attend to, and you three probably want some quiet time to relax." The second floor was for beds and storage, and the ground floor housed a kitchen, dining table, and lounge. Inside, rustling behind the kitchen's counter could be heard, but there was nobody in sight...

"Hmm? Is...is there someone there?" Aurous said, peering around the corner and into the kitchen, trying to discern the source of the mysterious rustling noise. "There's three of us and probably only one of you, so you should just come out now!" He said, his voice shaking slightly from being nervous.

The creature behind the counter perked up, revealing the intruder to be a lynian. Specifically, this was a felyne: its fur was a light tan coloration, with white patches on its nose, paws, and the tip of its tail. It was dressed in a pair of blue shorts and matching vest. "Nyaaaaa! You're here!" it exclaimed happily, rushing out from the counter and stopping in front of the trio, though it was not even three feet tall. "My nyame's Rico, I've been assigned as your chef and advisor!" He bowed deeply. "I've been so excited to meet you three, I've always looked up to hunters, and Yorin sounded so eager to see you guys in action, nya!" he said with a smile up at all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back