[Party 12] Laughter, daughter of Mirhvari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fhalynn

Lurker
Laughter was born in the outskirts of Waterdeep, in a small tiefling community. She lived with her mother and didn’t know anything about his father. She heard whispers from other people living in the community, how he was lazy, basically just a scoundrel, who couldn’t wait to skip town and leave Laughter’s mother, Mirhvari, alone with their child. When Laughter confronted her mother about these whispers, her mother would get a distant look in her eyes, almost sad, and would tell her to not to listen to the gossipers and that her father was a fine man who just couldn’t be with them right now.

As she was growing up, Laughter experienced a lot of mistrust and even hatred sometimes because of her tiefling heritage but still when she talked about her childhood, it seemed joyful and happy to her. Her mother taught Laughter from early on that even though everybody and maybe even the world seemed to hate her, she shouldn’t give up and become distrustful and cynical like so many others. Instead she should live up to her name and bring laughter to her and people around her.

When Laughter was 8- or 9-years old, she was playing and running around with her friends, when she came across a building that seemed almost glimmer with all the light and laughter pouring out of its windows. Not being able to stop herself, Laughter stepped inside and saw that it was some kind of a tavern, filled with groups of people sitting at the tables, drinking and talking. What caught her eye next, was the platform and the man who was playing on it. She didn’t recognize the instrument and didn’t really care, because the music was so beautiful that it seemed almost like magic. Laughter started to walk towards him, hoping to find a better place to listen, when people started yelling and pointing at her, asking the barkeep why they had let a filthy tiefling in their fine establishment.

Not knowing what to do, Laughter freezed at the spot where she is standing, trying to find a way out, when the music suddenly changed. What had before been energetic and lively music, now seemed to change to more calming melody and as this happened, Laughter saw how the people in the tavern stopped yelling and just stared at each other, like they had all forgotten about why they all were causing a commotion a second ago. Not stopping to wonder about this more, Laughter ran to the door and just before it closed, she glimpsed behind her and thought that the man at the platform nodded briefly at her, before continuing to play more energetic music again.

As the weeks passed by, Laughter couldn’t forget the man and the music he played and she tried to look for him in the city but he seemed to have moved on after that night to some other place. Laughter was almost giving up with trying to find him, when one night she saw a man walking down the street that greatly resembled him. She decided to follow him and seemed to do pretty good job at hiding herself when the man suddenly turned around and told her to come out and tell him why she was tailing him. Laughter slowly came forward and looking down, while shuffling her feet around she told him that she had liked the music and wanted to hear more of it.

“Ah, you are the one from the tavern, right girl?” The man asked and then fell silent for a while as he looked at Laughter. “Would you like to learn how to play music?” Surprised by what the man said, Laughter lifted her gaze to see if he was serious and then enthusiastically nodded and started jumping and laughing excitedly.

That is how Laughter started learning how to be a bard, how to tell a story and captivate her listeners. The bard would look for her everytime he was in town and tell her new stories and songs, but most of the years he was travelling around and so Laughter practiced with her friends and looked for taverns and festivals in Waterdeep where she could listen to other bards singing and telling stories. Her teacher also showed her how to use music as an instrument for magic and she learned how to inspire other people and do some little things with her magic. When she turned 24, the bard came back and told her that there wasn’t anything that he could teach her but she must go out and seek other adventurers so that she could find her own stories to tell. Then he gave her his old lyre, that she saw him playing that first night in the tavern.

Laughter's character sheet: Laughter's sheet

I am able to post every evening and sometimes a couple times during the day too.

Changes: Changed weapon to rapier and changed con - strength stats between each other.

Last edited:
Hullo!

Character Sheet:

I don't see anything wrong here, though if I may, I'd suggest instead picking the rapier, not the longsword. A rapier is a Finesse weapon, which means you can use your dex when attacking with it. So instead of just a +2, you'd have a +3 to hit, and +1 to damage. Also, you may not want to put a -2 in con -- strength could be your dump stat, but ultimately that's your choice.

Character Biography:

Looking over your backstory, I don't see anything that catches my eye as being incorrect. Nicely written!

If you make any changes, please edit your original post with the updates, and if you have any questions or need me to look it over again, feel free to tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) in the Discord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back