• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Paradise Exiled

fisheypixels

A writer of words and drawer of lines
It's been four months. There was some event in Australia. A meteor or something, I don't know. Soon after, almost all the people who were in contact of the radiation were dead. More or less.

Then it spread. That damn virus spread faster than a wildfire. No one really knew what it was. It changed people. I don't believe them, but they said it killed them and reanimated them. Nah, that's just some scared asshole, making things up. Well, anyway it had this effect. Like a, a umm, it wasn't a virus. Not a fungus. Augh, I don't know. But it would almost mutate the people. Once infection hit someone, it seemed like allergies. No biggie. It wasn't until about four hours in that things got real. I watched it happen.

It started with the nose, always the nose. It would bleed and bleed and bleed. She went through so many tissues. I didn't know what was going on, so naturally, I took her to the hospital. But the military was already there. It was quarantined. When they saw her nosebleed, they took her. And without any explanation, they torched my car. I got arrested and sent to the local jail. But while I was in there, the same thing was happening to someone in the cell next to me, only they were hallucinating There were a few times that he was clear headed, he told me he got really bad allergies about seven hours ago. He started hallucinating a few minutes after I got there. Mid conversation too. The prison guard was too infatuated with his tv in the other room to realize what was going on. He just stood there, watching. I could hear it, but couldn't make out what they were saying.

I tried to get his attention, but all he did was close the door. Anyway, the prisoner started seriously hallucinating. Like bad. He thought someone was coming to get him, and that he had to hide from him. Something about hiding behind corpses and escaping something. That was when he did it. He broke something sharp, a piece of his toilet I think. But he started to attack imaginary things. He was so angry.

He ended up throwing the piece at me. He got me right in my damn forehead. I had to cut my shirt to make a makeshift bandage cause the idiot cop was watching tv. Well my neighbor ended up getting hungry. The bugs were gone I guess. But he was really hungry. for anything. He even gave himself a Chelsea grin. I had never been so scared in my life. He needed a "bigger mouth". After trying to eat stuff in his cell, he though I looked tasty. His words were getting all mixed together and difficult to understand. I was so scared. That's when the idiot cop opened the door to bring someone else in. He hadn't heard a bloody thing! Idiot. Well he did something really stupid. There was a kid with him. Probably around 18 or 19. He had just be arrested for something similar to me. Well the cop was confused and terrified. And he did what any normal man would have done. He ran. Last thing he said was something about allergies and his wife.

Okay, so I've got this crazy guy who want's to eat me four feet away in his cell, his arms reaching for me through the bars, and a kid who is frozen, terrified of what was going on. I told the kid to find some keys. But he heard something and ran into the other room. Turns out some freaks like my neighbor had jumped through the glass. The kid ran back inside and shut the door. Only this time he had keys. He tossed them to me, then locked us in. So we had this guy in his cell, and these people banging on the door. I ran to a window and tried to kick it. It didn't break, of course.

Anyway, sorry, I get sidetracked easily. Long story short, this infection came and turned people into monsters. Most have these creepy Joker like cuts on their cheeks. It's terrifying. But it takes twelve hours after infection to become the mindless beasts. It's been about four months. I think I said that. But some of the infected people will slow down after a while. But when people first get infected, they'll sprint everywhere. It's like they have unlimited stamina. After a few weeks, they slow, eventually turning to walking.

Well, here I am. I don't know why I bother writing in this stupid journal every night. Half the time it's the same story. Well, hell is behind me, and hell is ahead of me. That's really all I know at the moment.

Hell, I may be the only sane human left.

Well, goodnight you damn journal. See you tomorrow. If I last the night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can probably tell, this is a zombie RP. I've been wanting to do a serious one for a good while. But can never find people who actually take it seriously. So here's to finding people that do.

Infected:

I wanted this to be different, so I tried to do my own take on them. Inspired by That Last of Us and The Walking Dead.

When first infected, it's like allergies. Stuffy nose and congestion. That goes on for about four hours. Then comes the bloody nose, which goes on for about two hours. Then start hallucinations. The bloody nose sort of stops, but is a case to case situation. The infected person begins hallucinating their biggest fears. During this time, they often will do whatever it takes to make it stop. If its fear of bugs, they'll take a knife and try to cut the bugs away and stuff. Gruesome, I know. During the hallucinations, the virus sets on changing their jaw structure to open wider and stuff. After the hallucinations, the victim will do whatever it takes to sate hunger. Often times, they'll take bites out of everything nearby. Cars, walls, weapons, people. Most times they end up with chipped and jagged teeth and a chelsea grin. Terrifying, I know. The virus will typically do something with the jaw so it opens wider and can sate it's hunger easier. After this is done, it will continue to slowly change the victim to optimize speed and killing ability.

The infected will sometimes go on all fours, having had it's limbs changed so they will move faster. Over time, they do get slower and easier to kill. But for a good while, infected are fast and highly dangerous. A good portion of the human race was immune, however, that doesn't make them immune to death. Not many still live.

Any questions, just ask.

--

pandemic_map.gif

America fell. I've heard of places in Michigan, Washington, and Maine. They say they have some safe zones there. Well, that's what they said last I heard. About a month ago.

Going to start in Detroit Michigan.

--

RULES:

be serious. If you know or don't know that you arent' very good at putting yourself in the shoes of other characters, don't. Just base your character off yourself, and be honest. You won't walk away from a fight joking when your friend got torn apart. Even if you are the funny one.

Make your character average. No "and then he pulled out his katana and like jumped over the charging zombie and then killed it. but the katana broke, so he pulled out his swiss army knife and took out the other like four zombies with taht and his ninjas skillz". You know what I mean.

Be literate.

--

"Shit." Was all Hector had to say. Things weren't looking up for him. First off, over the night a good amount of the infected had gathered at the base of his building. He let out a annoyed sigh, "Welp, so much for going inside. Damn uglies." Hector needed supplies, two cans of peaches and one can of corn wouldn't cut it. He needed real food. Pulling out a map of the city, he had crossed off the areas he had explored and the areas that had too many infected. He also had a few locations that he could make camp if he lost his or couldn't make it back in time before nightfall.

After mapping out what he could do, he gathered some supplies in his satchel. One graphic novel, his sketchbook, pencils, one can of corn, one can of peaches, a bottle of water, and two knives. One hunting knife strapped to his belt. He slid his pistol into a holster he had sewn onto his belt. It was just a piece of cloth that held it in place. "Hopefully this time I'll find a holster. Maybe even a soda." Saying that was all he could do to keep up moral. The excitement of exploration and discover kept him going. He was convinced he was alone.

Finally he strapped the Master Sword onto his back. He had found it while exploring a apartment building. His dad had taught him long ago to always be prepared. So that's what he did. He finished by putting his books and comics and cot under a tarp in case it would rain. And he once again set up his sign that said "Gone out, if you get here, wait for me. Unless I die, it should be by nightfall. Or by tomorrow at night.

Hector looked over the city. It was about 9 or 10 AM. He took in the view before running and jumping the five foot alley to the neighboring building. Making his way to the north border of the deadly safe zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick opened his eyes. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light shining in through the small window. Whatever dream he had dreamed of, it was out of his mind by now. He had no time to waste. He needed food. He needed to secure the shop, and maybe, just maybe, find others. He hadn't seen real people in months. Not that he really looked forward to having to live with people; he just needed to know he wasn't the last one alive on this damned planet. As much as he liked being alone, he never wanted it like this. Some days, he felt like he lost it. Like he's going mad. But others, he takes in the silence, and smiles. For now, it was just him against the world. Just him, and the will to survive. Rick stood on his feet with some effort, his hands gripping his backpack's straps. He folded up the small tarp he had found earlier, shoved it into his backpack, and slung the backpack on against his shoulders. Time to put some food on the table.

It was still morning. But who knows how long he had been asleep. He could have slept a whole day away for all he cared or knew. He was still exhausted. Still hungry. Still lonely. He let out a puff of air, feeling the chilly air against his skin. It was going to be a cold night, he knew. Cautiously, he exited the small shop through the backdoor which led him through an alley. He knew better than to walk down the streets. Even in daylight, it was dangerous. The place was crawling with infected. Hell, he once almost died trying to get back to the shop. And all for one can of tuna. It seemed like everything he did could very well be the last thing he did. He bit down his lower lip, his head peeking over the brick wall that overlooked the avenue. "Damn Zekes," he muttered, and hopped back down, his hand gripping his hunting knife. It was all he had against the infected. It was shitty, but it was better then nothing, he figured.

He could hear them screeching their horrifying tunes. The way they always did when hungry. Well, he was hungry, too. Starving. He would be willing to eat almost anything. Alright, almost. The only thing holding him back from eating the beans or tuna is knowing they wouldn't last long. And then he'd be hungry again, and it'd go on in a vicious cycle. So, he decided it'd be better if he'd wait to eat. First, he'd stockpile a good amount of food, and then he could eat. He was so tempted to reach into his backpack, pull out a can of beans, and eat it until he was satisfied. But he forced himself to keep on walking, one foot in front of the other. He didn't know where he was going. He didn't really care, either. He just wanted to find a grocery store, and find something to eat. A bottle of water would be nice, too. Or even better, beer. God, he'd kill to have a nice bottle of beer. Something to make him forget this hell hole of a city. Forget that he was alone.

Rick slid down a small tree, his chest rising and falling as he breathed, catching his breath. His lips felt dry already. He shut his eyes, and leaned against the tree for a few moments, listening to the wind blow. He could hear a few infected, but not many. He was moments away from facing death, or finding a jackpot of food and supplies, right inside the doorways of the building. If he did die, what would happen? He didn't want to find out. He stood up, his knife in his hands, gripped firmly. It was a damn shame he did't have a flashlight to use in the dark building. A few lights flickered on and off in it. He didn't see any Zekes, so, with a deep breath, he walked inside. Empty boxes and trash laid on the floor. He could see blood on the wall as the light flashed for a moment. He scanned the area. No infected. He let out a held breath, and started going through the shelves. Most of the food was taken, or spoiled. But he did manage to find three granola bars, and one half empty water bottle. Not bad. Just as he was about to walk out of the store, he heard them. Footsteps. He crouched behind the counter, his eyes shut, his breath held. Was it infected? It had to be.

Sunlight poured through the windows in golden rays of light, illuminating every dust speck that floated by. The cool breeze of day rushed into the abandoned building, rattling the crumbled roof with a soft whistle. The girl inside sat up in her place, dangling her feet over the edge of the bed. She looked up, seeing the blue sky and hearing the shrill call of birds in the distant. It was daytime. She leaped from her spot, ignoring the creaks and groans of the floorboards as she padded across. Stopping in front of a worn-out blue backpack, Adeline lifted it by its straps and swung it around her shoulder. The contents inside clanked together at the movement.

A black AK-47 sat on one of the bed nightstands, copper colored bullets sprawled out around the weapon. Adeline stepped towards it, her delicate fingers meeting its handle as she swooped it up into her grasp, along with a magazine or two of bullets. The girl turned towards the door, and pushed it open. She shot down the stairs quickly, bursting out of the exit door and into the contaminated city of Detroit.

The light of day blinded her for a moment, and she raised a hand to block out the sun. The distant sounds of the infected filled Adeline's ears, and she found herself gripping the gun in fear. She was going to need to do this fast. It was dangerous out here no matter what. Bursting into a steady jog, she weaved through the abandoned streets, staying a good distance away from the buildings in the city. You never know what could be lurking in there. She certainly didn't want to find out.

Adeline strictly remembered a grocery mart somewhere in this city. She did live here for awhile after all. Stopping at the corner of a crumbled sidewalk, she spotted the dull sign of the market, the light inside flickering on and off. Beads of perspiration formed in her hands, and she closed her eyes before forcing herself to walk forward. Quietly, the girl pushed through the glass doors of the mart, stepping over spoiled cans of food that were spread out across the floor. She ducked between aisles, the silence somewhat alerting her even more. That was never a good sign. Especially in this world.

Her hands picked through cans of food quickly, her backpack beginning to fill with the new items. She reached for the last item on her list, her fingers just barely about to grasp it.

Until she heard
it.

The sounds of hoarse, jagged breaths suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Something was in the aisle next to her, dragging what it had left down the mart. Instantly, her heart began to race in panic, and she silently picked up her backpack and lifted it across her shoulder. She stepped around the broken cans of food, trying desperately to make as little noise as possible. She swooped around the corner of the aisle just as it passed by, listening to it grunt and groan. It was unaware of her presence.

Still highly alert, she peeked around the corner to see the flesheater's torn-up backside disappear into another aisle. This was her chance.

Quickly, Adeline weaved down the empty aisle next to her, the view of the doorway just a few feet away from her place. She felt her heart pound, checking around the corner to see if the mutant was in sight. She saw no sign of it. Her feet carried her to the doors, her hand pushing it open as she was just about to step outside. Until the door let out a loud creak, and Adeline paused in her place. The flesheater came to a wobbly stop as it placed it's rotten foot forward, its lifeless eyes staring straight at the girl. The two locked gazes, and Adeline felt herself begin to shake in fear. It's jaw stuck out completely from the side of it's face, its skin covered in bloody rotten holes. It stood with it's arm bent backwards, the elbow bone sticking out just slightly from the skin. It let out several shrieks of anger and hunger, barreling it's way towards her and pushing over the aisle's contents like dominoes. Adeline burst into a sprint at the sight of the monster behind her, and entered the light of day. She pushed her feet as hard as they could go, speeding down the street. The screams of the flesheater behind her began to fade, but she didn't dare stop.

She ran until she couldn't take it anymore. Stopping in the middle of an abandoned street, she placed her hands on her knees and panted rapidly.

"That... That was close." Adeline murmured, struggling to catch her breath.

ak47_zpsfe5977ca.jpg

(it's all good. make sure it's a semi-auto AK, since fully auto aren't legal.)

Hector was moving from rooftop to rooftop as silently as he could. He avoided confrontation at all costs. He knew how to handle himself, but he still wanted to keep his presence unknown. They were stupid, but fast. He was smart, but didn't have their stamina. He had made it a few blocks without being detected. His route took him on rooftops when he could, but occasionally he would have to climb down a fire escape and cross the street. Luckily he wouldn't have to go through any buildings this time.

When he had made it about three blocks north of his home, he stopped for a break. His first stop was a apartment building. He never directly would go inside. Only going into rooms that he could get into from a fire escape. He had been able to get into one apartment and scored. It looked to not have even been touched. It didn't have much in terms of weapons, but it had lots of food and even a few comics. After getting as much as he could, he stuffed it all into a backpack and moved to the roof. There was still a good amount of food and drink left, but for now, he was content.

Spilling the backpack, he examined his loot. "Wow, I am awesome!" His biggest prize was his comic find. He found Scott Pilgrim 1-4. "Five and six, and I've got the set!" Aside from that, he had nine cans of food, a slingshot, a gameboy, four bottles of water, a bottle of Mountain Dew, a blanket, and a new grey backpack. He decided to reward himself for the find. Opening a can of peaches and the Mountain Dew, he had lunch. Then he read Scott Pilgrim vol 1. He was almost done when he heard something in the street. Or someone. They were on the edge of downtown, and here he was. At the end of the world, and a girl standing in the middle of the street, catching her breath.

"HEY!" It was louder than he expected it to be, "What are you doing?!? Get over here! I'll let down the fire escape, get over here!" He gestured toward the alley nearby before running down it to wait for her and let down the ladder. He dropped everything so he could move faster, only carrying his revolver and hunting knife. By the time he was ready to lower the ladder, he could hear the screeches of the uglies. He didn't see her in the alley. "GET OVER HERE!!"

"HEY!"

A man's voice called out from absolutely nowhere. The girl's eyes widened in an instant, and she stopped her panting to try and find the cause of the voice. Her electric blue eyes flicked upwards just in time to see a man standing on the roof. He looked highly alert, and even a bit fearful as he stared down at her.

"What are you doing?!? Get over here! I'll let down the fire escape, get over here!" Adeline felt her breath catch in her throat. A few flesheaters appeared near the corner of the apartment building. There ragged breaths and groans echoed down the street. Soon enough, more and more flesheaters joined the small group. There were now at least thirty of them, all different assortments of rotten flesh. Some were small, others were quite large with bloody flesh dangling from their bodies. A few crawled on just their two arms, dragging the mop of rotten flesh behind them. She froze in panic.

The monsters turned towards the lone girl in the middle of the street, one of them alerting the others of their next meal standing ahead. They began shrieking and screaming, quickening their pace until they were almost running.

"GET OVER HERE!!"

The man on the roof snapped her out of her trance, and she burst into a sprint towards the alleyway. She smacked a flesheater straight in the face with the butt of her gun, not stopping to watch it fall to the ground in a bloody mess. It's head had broken open, spilling all of it's contents. Adeline entered the alleyway, her hands meeting the metal bars of the ladder as she climbed up. The flesheaters piled into the alleyway, gathering at the bottom of the ladder and reaching for the girl just above them. If she were to fall, she would be devoured in seconds. Reaching the top, Adeline climbed up onto the roof with the man, struggling to catch her breath once again.

"Thanks for... Saving me." Adeline exclaimed between breaths, placing her hands on her knees and staring at the ground.

After ten minutes had passed, he dared to lift his head above the slab of granite, his dark brown eyes scanning the scene. He could have sworn he had heard the door open only moments ago. But it couldn't have happened. He heard a Zeke, as he liked to call the ugly bastards, breathing roughly. So if there was one Zeke, and him, in the store, what opened the door? Maybe the ugly thing heard something and rushed out to find it's dinner? Who knows. It was silent as could be now. And that wasn't any better, really. There could be ten more hiding in the shadows, and he wouldn't be able to see them. This was bad. And he didn't like it one bit. So, slowly, he grabbed his backpack with one hand, and kept his other hand holding his knife. Just in case. He stood still for a long moment, his head perked up as he listened for the slightest sound of movement. Nothing. They were either gone, or hiding. The things, apparently, liked to 'sleep' during the day, and most of them come out at night. At least, those were rumors. No one knew for sure. Without anymore hesitation, he began walking. He looked over his shoulder one more time... And there was still nothing. Fantastic.

Five minutes pass. He's gone back into the alleyway. His heart was still pounding from the strange incident. He didn't really know what to think. Had he imagined the whole thing? Was he insane already? He tried to shake the feeling off. He was fine. He had to be. He was just a little tired, was all. Nothing to worry about. So, he kept walking. And walking. And walking. It felt as if he'd been walking forever. He broke into a few small apartments. Found nothing useful, and walked back to the alleyway. Over and over. He, eventually, found a little more food, and then he heard it. Something he hadn't heard in months. A voice. Not just growling, not the annoying screeching. It was a voice. That meant it was a human. A living, breathing human with a normal jaw (hopefully), and normal eyes. A survivor. Rick slammed a pack of poptarts back into his backpack, took out his trusty knife, and started running towards the man's voice. Then he stopped. Maybe it wasn't a good idea. If he could hear him, how many uglies could hear him, too? Was he being infected right at this moment? How many were with him? And, more importantly, how many Zekes were after him?

He waited for another long moment in the alley. He could hear them, too. The Zekes. And it wasn't just one, or a small handful. It was a whole damn horde. He didn't follow the man's voice after second thought. Whatever he was going through, Rick didn't want to die along with him, too. So, he stayed put. He organized his supplies, tried sharpening his knife, and waited. He was too awake and alert to sleep by now. So, he pulled out a granola bar he had found, and ate it. It was the best meal he had ever eaten. Funny how a granola bar was now considered a meal. Rick laughed at himself. Which then turned into outward hysteria. This lasted for only two or three minutes, and he snapped out of it. It felt good to laugh. He probably looked, and sounded, crazy to anyone listening. Shit! What if there was infected around? Did they hear him? He hoped not. Jolting onto his feet once more, he took his backpack and knife, and walked out of the small apartment complex. He needed to move. He knew better than to stay in one spot too long. Especially during the day. Back to the alley he went. That's when he saw them.

Two figures. Two humans, or Zekes, on the roof. It was too bright to tell if they were alive, or just another hungry, soulless beast. But he knew they were alive when he saw the horde surrounding the ladder. He swore under his breath, and as quiet as he could, backed up. They hadn't seen him yet, so he was fine, he told himself. He just couldn't make any noise and he was fine ─
snap! "Shit." A stupid branch. All at once, the monsters snapped their heads up at him, their bloodshot eyes staring into his own dark eyes. Their mouths opened wide as they screamed. He didn't hesitate, and ran. He ran as fast as he could. He didn't dare look over his shoulder. If he stopped for a fraction of a second, he'd be eaten alive. He'd be lunch. Rick panted as he ran, his legs tripping over the other. He took a sharp left turn, leading him out into the streets. He was screwed. He stopped for a second to catch his breath, and then he heard the horde approaching. He started running again, but he didn't know how long he could run for. He was exhausted. He was going to die if he didn't do something.

"Dude! What the hell were you thinking?? Um.. your welcome. But still! You don't stand in the middle of the bloody street! That's where they can see you from. And that's where they get you. Come on man. You gotta use stealth and stuff." He let out a sigh, actually immensely happy to see another survivor. "Hi, I'm Hector. I've got a camp a few blocks that way." He pointed towards where he had come from. He could see the giant building that was just across the street from his makeshift home.

"We should head out. There's definitely going to be more and more coming to this area. I was going to check out a building that was netorious for being some gang's base or whatnot, but that can way a day or two." Hector began gathering up his things. He stuffed his comic and empty can into his backpack and went to take another sip of Mountain Dew. Then he remembered the girl. He held out the bottle to her, "Want some?" It was then that he heard screeching. He saw someone move in the shadow. The being didn't move like the infected. It seemed more alive. Or fearful. It wasn't until the person ran into a street that he thought to act. "CLIMB THE BUILDINGS! FIRE ESCAPE!" Turning to the new girl, Hector said "No time to rest. Use your gun to shoot and distract the uglies. I'll use my pistol." With that, Hector pulled out his pistol and tried to kill or at least distract infected.

(i wasn't sure if you came out on the street Adeline was on or a different one. i'm assuming Adeline's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back